{'en': 'My reflections on diabetes and whatever', 'es': 'Mis reflexiones sobre la diabetes y lo que le rodea'} Image

My reflections on diabetes and whatever

HanSolo's profile photo   06/07/2013 6:59 a.m.

hansolo said:
yes.I know that now all God wants a continuous glucose meter.But as for the moment they are not accessible by our SNS, because we must continue to use the capillaries.And here I present an interesting idea;A whole in one, like Swiss razors ...

Link

@Hansolo This glucometer will be accessible by the SNS?And the special strips and lancetas too?The same pessimistic peco, but I think that in this country it will not have too much future.

Con_Q_de_quimica's profile photo
Con_Q_de_quimica
02/18/2016 11:56 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Con_q_de_quimica no.And it is very likely that we no longer see great novelties in Spain before capillary measurement begins to be replaced by interstitial meters.What is about seeing interesting alternatives that seek to facilitate life a bit.I have known hair meters for 35 years and in a matter of ergonomics or improvement of the quality of life, there are no spectacular advances.They focus more on technology than to facilitate life.Sometimes in very small details ...

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
02/18/2016 12:12 p.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Oscar looks at this for small glucose meters is a pass and in races or tell you if you don't have MCG.
It does not occupy anything and the readings are not bad.
Link
Link
Link
The money must be spent but to use it certainly is only very good.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
02/18/2016 8:21 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

@jconegar, @hansolo, Ell Freestyle Lite is very small and the mini prick and they give it to you for the SS, it is the one that I take away from home, I fit in my pocket above the cowboy hunter with a click included, so thatYou get an idea.And if not in yn coin of those of carrying the boiler.Well, I just had the Dexcom now
The strips I pass them to a small bag of those of the Chinese of Coerre Zip, nothing happens, that I have been doing years and give the same values ​​as those in the boat, that wearing the boat is a tostón

Gala's profile photo
Gala
02/18/2016 10:09 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

I had never seen it Gala, in my health center they don't give it.Well, it was to put that option since I have been with a meter, except that it is already in the fourth week and a full day comes out.
There is a lot of cool that you have put too.
Thank you.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
02/18/2016 10:15 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

@jconegar, has even a light that you can turn on or off that xa the controls at night ever very well, I already use it little because I carry the dexcom but I have it in my backpack just in case.At home I use the glycometer g of Menarini
If in your outpatient they have the strips, the Abott meter gives you.
My ambulatory for what I am seeing must be a privileged, they have strips for several meters, 5.8 and 12 mm BD needles, they give me 200 and 300 strips and lancet 1 per strip ...

Gala's profile photo
Gala
02/18/2016 10:22 p.m.

Here in the Murcian Health Service, I do not give lancetas, I am from MuFace and I have learned at 6 years of being in MuFace that I would have paid them.Now if I buy them and ask MuFace money.I no longer use a lancet per month as before.
The theme of strips here is logical that they stay without strips.And they give them counters.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
02/18/2016 10:27 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

This month has a bit of the strips a little but good as now with the dexcom I have not made an account and I say that someone who is needed will be given

Gala's profile photo
Gala
02/18/2016 10:34 p.m.

The True Result Twist meter is very small and you can anchor the canyon and puncture boat.Take any side, occupies everything 7cm.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
02/18/2016 10:38 p.m.

@anaisabel where have you bought it?

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
02/18/2016 10:42 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

I have not bought it, they gave it to me.In the ambulatory they gave me the TRU normal result (it is giant).I asked Nipro the little one and they gave me without any cost.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
02/18/2016 11:33 p.m.

The lite I tried it before it arrived in Spain.And his name was Papillon.I have it for memory in my meters collection :-) Here in Euskadi they don't give us strips for him.Only for the neo/free.
As for Nipro, it is a manufacturer that has been presented to competitions in some places, but to me between carrying a meter or carrying another, I almost does not matter, what really gives me quality of life is continuous measurement.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
02/22/2016 4:38 p.m.

jconegar said:
I had never seen it shine, in my health center they do not give it.Well, it was to put that option since I have been with a meter, except that it is already in the fourth week and a full day comes out.
There is a lot of cool that you have put too.
Thank you.

Use the same strips as Insulinx and if you call Abbott, they also send it to you for free.

Con_Q_de_quimica's profile photo
Con_Q_de_quimica
02/22/2016 5:06 p.m.

Abbott gives you everything with which they can make benefit, I say Abbott and I say the rest of the companies.Last week I asked for a freestyle opium neo because they have given me a new one in the hospital taking advantage of the same strips as the free to retire the 2 Xceed Optiums that were the two who were sorry for the truth after 7 years with them, with puncthersOf other brands, the case made jirs, the strips in purses of those who give you for the bars at Christmas etc ... That is why I say that those who have the glucometers/ shattered covers do not cut yourself in asking for a new one in your center ofhealth or in the laboratory that sells it because they will send it to you delighted and without any cost, how many more glucometers have in circulation, more benefit in strips ..

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
02/22/2016 6:19 p.m.

Insulin pumps are devices that can achieve great adjustment in diabetes control therapy.But of which little more than the name is known, even by those affected by diabetes.Many prejudices and myths circulate on them.Today I talk about them days before trying this device. Link

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
02/29/2016 10:10 a.m.

@Hansolo Oscar I think you have made a great decision, we have more or less the same time of evolution, I 29 years, 5 years who say soon to consider me, with her since July 2015.

It cost me horrors to put it on, as you say for everything you comment on your blog, I think we all fear the same points and I assure you that I do not regret having put it before.It is another life.

Sleep?I always with the click, I do not find out, I sleep on it, the tube always inside so as not to put the arm inside hahaha, do not find out, at first it was afraid and blocked the buttons, now it passed hahaha.

At the time of sport, as you know how to do some sport since in my life it has not been present since the ageThe 41.5 years, I would like to have erased that day from my life.
Sweat?Your bomb is aquatic so you will not have any kind of problem with sweat, I can assure you that you turn, and you will have seen perhaps some of the tests that I do the amount of hours sweating that I am going.
The basal reduction issue is not only in sport, you are good glucose and you have 100 mg, you know that you are going to go for a long walk, because you reduce basal and avoid having to take something obligatorily but you want.

Freedom?Of course, the total, the fuck to be honest is to calculate good basal so that everything goes well, then it is to live, and those who do sports have the enormous advantage of enjoying the reduction of basal ones to have to take less HC duringhimself.I reduce an hour and a half before and that's it.

Ketosis?Well this is a delicate issue, it's true.I never totally disconnect from the pump, I reduce basal up to 90 % but never completely disconnect.I bathe with her, I play with her, she is always my partner just like diabetes, I don't even feel her with me.
Here is a topic that I do not understand why it happens, the subject of the elbows of the cateters or of the damn bubbles, with animas does not happen to us, no matter how much we comment that we have it we do not understand why in the other pumps this is the horse is the horseBattle and they do not solve it, they always put the excuses of the bad bad, the temperature of the body, of the temperature of the insulin when loading ..., those of Animas are also people and it does not happen to us.They had to focus more on this issue, because it is a shame for people to despair with the bombs for this issue.

Travel?Puffff this is a mess because it is true now you have to carry more of everything, pump spare parts, pen in case the pump fails, but everything to a bandit and is already solved.

A good learning, it is true very important, but with your level learning will be little.Your knowledge is exaggeratedly good, and you are always up to date.
It is true that a bomb is not for everyone, but for which if it can be it is a pity, not to take advantage of the quality of life it offers.

I personally believe that you have made a very successful decision, and I hope you are luxurious, be able to read it, and encourage people.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
02/29/2016 11:27 a.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

Everything we are knowing about certain technological and research developments in diabetes is very interesting: continuous monitoring, smarter insulin pumps, implantable beta cells ...
Link

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
03/14/2016 11:34 a.m.

Is it true that is said to be enough for 21 days to get used to something new?My 21 days with the insulin pump on the blog: Link

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
03/31/2016 3:55 p.m.

Hansolo said:
Is it true that is said that they are enough 21 days to get used to something new?My 21 days with the insulin pump on the blog: Link

Before I was sure 98 % that the bomb is not for me, now that I finally read a sincere opinion about their cons, when everything that is usually read of firefighters are wonders, I am sure 99 %.

Very good entry.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
03/31/2016 6:34 p.m.

artories said:
hansolo said:
Is that true that is said to be enough 21 days to get used to something new?My 21 days with the insulin pump on the blog: Link

Before I was sure 98 % that the bomb is not for me, now that I finally read a sincere opinion about their cons, when everything that is usually read of firefighters are wonders, I am sure 99 %.

Very good entry.

ARTORIAS I can assure you that my opinions are totally sincere at any time I have lied about the insulin bomb, the truth is that you say that because something hurts.

There you are seeing the opinion of a normal person who seems to be adapting, I also think that if in 21 days he has not been able to control the ratios something strange happens there, or his medical team does not control or things may not be thatDo correctly.

On the subject of sport that I do a little, I can assure you that it is not for everyone to Oscar, I do running, MTB, road bike and I started swimming.The bomb is not a problem to do sports and even less to carry it, I think that is not very correct, that he does not adapt does not mean that others do not adapt.
You can look at many of the DT1 Team team that carry it and are more than adapted from the beginning, or the team that the president herself has put an T has already made several training and is happy with the way of carrying it.
Let's see in Running is as easy as carrying it at the waist, by bike in a fannyry and swimming I leave it with the clamp.
The only thing I ask for artories not to say that others do not give sincere opinions, I think that in this forum we all say the good and the bad of everything.
It is as if I say that playing is easy and beautiful, because it is neither it is the same nor are we the same as others, no matter how much they try to show that we are equal and want equality because we are not nor will we never be.We can do the same but with much more effort and sacrifice.
Well, regarding the comment that changes your life, because I don't know what a sense can be taken, but if you have fewer hypos, you can reduce basal and avoid drinking gels or eating mandatory, something if it changes you.
They are different articles of opinion, each one can grab the one who wants but here nobody cheats.
Well there is also a certain thing to me exactly the same as the boma is seen if you have to do, step to hide it.
The bomb is not for everyone that is very clear.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
03/31/2016 11:11 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.