{'en': 'My reflections on diabetes and whatever', 'es': 'Mis reflexiones sobre la diabetes y lo que le rodea'} Image

My reflections on diabetes and whatever

HanSolo's profile photo   06/07/2013 6:59 a.m.

The ACCU-Chek Expert programming is fine.Not so hardware or strips, which are old, obsolete and improvable in many aspects.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
06/20/2015 11:08 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Today in the blog: the candy of continuous glucose measurement ...
Link

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
07/14/2015 10:39 a.m.

hansolo said:
today in the blog: the candy of continuous glucose measurement ...
Link

I would not share it to a candy, it is quite uncomfortable to carry, totally imprecise in hypoglycemia (which is where a meter must prove that it is worth), expensive ... we go to try free for three or four months and I left it and left itI am happier without carrying that useless thing nailed to the arm all day and night (I was very annoying the dream)

Now I punctuate me 10 times a day, but at least I know that when I tell me that I have a hypo I have it, not that I am 80 or 120 as I always did free freestyle.Not even the worst capillary meter fails that.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
07/14/2015 11:18 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Very good article, Óscar.
Thank you.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
07/14/2015 11:23 a.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

sherpa41 said:
hansolo said:
today in the blog: the candy of continuous glucose measurement ...
Link

I would not share it to a candy, it is quite uncomfortable to carry, totally imprecise in hypoglycemia (which is where a meter must prove that it is worth), expensive ... come on that I try free for a couple of months and I left it andI am happier without carrying that useless thing nailed to the arm all day and night (I was very annoying the dream)

Now I punctuate me 10 times a day, but at least I know that when I tell me that I have a hypo I have it, not that I am 80 or 120 as I always did free freestyle.Not even the worst capillary meter fails that.

Well, the opposite happens to me, I could no longer be free.Exactly, exactly, it is not uncomfortable to carry, nothing inaccurate in Hipo and Hiper.It doesn't bother me at all.I am totally hooked.

How many patches have you tried?You might have bad luck with which you put yourself, I read daily a free user page on Facebook and every time it seems that these patches are more precise.

I do not want to create the typical anti-libre battle :-)

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/14/2015 6:11 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Joseludi said:
because the opposite happens to me, I could no longer be free.Exactly, exactly, it is not uncomfortable to carry, nothing inaccurate in Hipo and Hiper.It doesn't bother me at all.I am totally hooked.
How many patches have you tried?You might have bad luck with which you put yourself, I read daily a free user page on Facebook and every time it seems that these patches are more precise.
I do not want to create the typical anti-libre battle:-)

Test about 8 or 9 patches, but 1 failure when putting it, another at 5 days, another at 10 days, another started as I slept ... and everyone, absolutely everyone, marked me hiccups when I was not.The best, which was the first, marked me when I was 70-80 and the worst marked me when I was 120-130.The normal thing is that the sensors mark me hypic being at 80-90.

And I don't want to create a discussion with you either, because more than anything you are one of the users who, according to Leo, has better gone from history and most of the others I have read have an experience similar to mine.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
07/14/2015 6:52 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

sherpa41 said:
Joseludi said:
because the opposite happens to me, I could no longer be without free.Exactly, exactly, it is not uncomfortable to carry, nothing inaccurate in Hipo and Hiper.It doesn't bother me at all.I am totally hooked.
I do not want to create the typical anti-libre battle:-)

Test about 8 or 9 patches, but 1 failure when putting it, another at 5 days, another at 10 days, another started as I slept ... and everyone, absolutely everyone, marked me hiccups when I was not.The best, which was the first, marked me when I was 70-80 and the worst marked me when I was 120-130.The normal thing is that the sensors mark me hypic being at 80-90.

And I don't want to create a discussion with you either, because more than anything you are one of the users who, according to Leo, has better gone from history and most of the others I have read have an experience similar to mine.

When do you say that you failed at 5,0 10 days, do you mean that they were detached?If so, it is most likely to give you erroneous measurements by not being the completely attached sensor.I only took off the week when I tried it in a thigh, I began to give me very unreliable measurements until it ended up giving me error and I had to take it away.In my arms I have taken off, did you try Tegaderm or any other product?

DiabetesForo
07/14/2015 7:33 p.m.

Joseludi said:
When do you say that you failed at 5 0 10 days do you mean that you take off?If so, it is most likely to give you erroneous measurements by not being the completely attached sensor.I only took off the week when I tried it in a thigh, I began to give me very unreliable measurements until it ended up giving me error and I had to take it away.In my arms I have taken off, did you try Tegaderm or any other product?

I don't know, those who failed me at 5 or 10 days, tell me something like "sensor does not work put a new sensor" and did not seem to be detached.Like the one after the calibration time, he told me the same.And if I already bothered to wear that stick in my arm, I would only miss add more piece of skin covered by the tegaderm or whatever.

Why do they make it so big if the Glucowizard is a thousand times smaller and work exactly the same?

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
07/14/2015 8:14 p.m.

sherpa41 said:
Joseludi said:
When do you say that you failed you at 5 0 10 days do you mean that they take off?If so, it is most likely to give you erroneous measurements by not being the completely attached sensor.I only took off the week when I tried it in a thigh, I began to give me very unreliable measurements until it ended up giving me error and I had to take it away.In my arms I have taken off, did you try Tegaderm or any other product?

I don't know, those who failed me at 5 or 10 days, tell me something like "sensor does not work put a new sensor" and did not seem to be detached.Like the one after the calibration time, he told me the same.And if I already bothered to wear that stick in my arm, I would only miss add more piece of skin covered by the tegaderm or whatever.

Why do they make it so big if the Glucowizard is a thousand times smaller and work exactly the same?

Not if you called Abbot to ask for a replacement of sensors, but now you call and change it to you.The Glucowizard is still in development, the free does not.This is supposed to be like mobiles and other electronic devices that began being huge and gradually perfected and becoming smaller.I feel that free will not work

DiabetesForo
07/14/2015 9:03 p.m.

Joseludi said:
not if you called Abbot to ask for a sensor replacement, but now you call and change it to you.The Glucowizard is still in development, the free does not.This is supposed to be like mobiles and other electronic devices that began being huge and gradually perfected and becoming smaller.I feel that free will not work

With the last one that did not work for a minute, I asked for a replacement but with the others ... it was the time in which you spent hours to the phone and never take it.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
07/14/2015 9:36 p.m.

Today in the blog: Alert, a "sister" app for emergencies such as hypoglycemia.
Link

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
07/17/2015 3:27 p.m.

This Wednesday 9, face -to -face confrontation among free and dexcom G4 Freestyle interstitial meters in the blog www.jediazucarado.com

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
09/07/2015 3:18 p.m.

@gala @regina I have already used Degludec Tresiba to be more exact and I will tell you that I returned to the Lantus.I better

pochola's profile photo
pochola
09/07/2015 4:32 p.m.

DM1 desde 2011 8 puntos Lantus. Todo esfuerzo traerá su recompensa ♥ Hemo 5.7

But is it already in Spain?
Why did it bad?

Gala's profile photo
Gala
09/07/2015 4:34 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

I was given my private endo.I think they brought her from Andorra or algó like this.By the way well expensive.I think I paid 80 euros for two bolis.But the usual, if it is good for me .. then I will pay it.And it turned out that I regulated me badly, the reason, I don't know.But I got fat and had worse values ​​than with the Lantus.So two months and I returned to Lantus.

pochola's profile photo
pochola
09/07/2015 4:48 p.m.

Wow ... I thought it was going to be better than Lantus ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/08/2015 1:10 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Maybe as Potxola does not use quickly that meals controls them with exercise and the swallow is more flat, it did not go down as much as the lantus and tended to be a higher tad (x that I climbed the hemo) that they say no butIf you do a peak or I at least notice
Can it be potxola?

Gala's profile photo
Gala
09/08/2015 1:53 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Well, maybe Gala is right, you also know that this is not a certain science, each body is a world.The lantus is going wonderfully, if it is true that I arrive fair, at lunchtime (in the morning for breakfast to taste I have to walk).The best to try in their own meats.For me, the lantus does picos, it does it to me at 7-9 at night I tend to hip, so it is merchant and solved.Also with the Dexcom a downturn is noted at 4 or 5 in the morning.I are fixed on my pattern during this last year, except for strange things.

pochola's profile photo
pochola
09/08/2015 3:48 p.m.

By the way I have gone to the SS, my endocrine, the usual, that phenomenal .. blah blah.And I have told him that to see if he gets wet and get me a box of sensors even if it is a year that I leave very profitable to the SS, since I am monitored or a scare, nor an urgency, not a nothing.And you know, he has told me that he understands me, that I am right, that I hope that everyone would do it as rigorous and that he will ask (with a false smile .. Come on, let's not move it).Surely if they put a little more about their part, I would prefer less strips and some dexcom, even if it is a box a year ... to content myself as fools.:-@

pochola's profile photo
pochola
09/08/2015 3:51 p.m.

Ah, it is true, that Pochola does not use ràpida!
Did you notice the longest duration of the swallow?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/08/2015 6:16 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.