{'en': 'My reflections on diabetes and whatever', 'es': 'Mis reflexiones sobre la diabetes y lo que le rodea'} Image

My reflections on diabetes and whatever

HanSolo's profile photo   06/07/2013 6:59 a.m.

The empowered, activated or collaborative patient.Some interesting ideas about our role in the new health system ...
Link

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
04/30/2015 6:19 p.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

The new "semi-intelligent" bomb Minimed 640g of which so much information has come out lately.Much - for the same way - quite sensationalist and not very rigorous.As usually happens, written by a journalist who does not know what an insulin bomb is ...
Link

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
04/30/2015 6:24 p.m.

I sincerely until there is a 100 % reliable MCG and with real measurement, not to the supposed 15 min I see a little nonsense to function those functions, it is a personal opinion and respect for others since each diabetic is a world.
According to the Conerial de Medtronic, you have to calibrate before the 3 main meals and can give high 50 mg errors, with sensors that change every six days, I do not see it logical.
They offer you a 200 e/month contract during the first year to cover an issuer (which said it lasted 2 years) and sensors one every 6 days.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
05/04/2015 12:45 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

The inhaled glucagon, a better option than what we have today
Link

Dexcom continues to expand its connectivity, either with its developments or those made by third parties.This time with Android:
Link

Some technical data that can be seen in Google's patent over its famous lenses that measure glucose:
Link

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
05/15/2015 3:35 p.m.

Diabetes technology ... supposes an improvement in diabetes management?Is it always effective and universal?
Link

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
05/25/2015 8:57 a.m.

What happens in Spain with insulin bombs?Why don't they get?
Link

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
05/29/2015 1:04 p.m.

And with the swallow?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/29/2015 7 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hansolo said:
What happens in Spain with insulin bombs?Why don't they get?
Link

Let me tell me that I have since January with this issue.Now it seems that the thing is finally a bit serious, but another doctor is seeing me and I will be a month with the view of controls and carbohydrates.I have to be positive there is less.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
05/30/2015 10:11 a.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

The dream of many people with diabetes: an automatic and reliable system to count HC exactly.A chimera?I may not ...
Link

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
06/04/2015 7:04 p.m.

Imagine an insulin pump that is automatic throughout the day.That monitors and manages your glycemia at every minute, and is able to infuse more or less insulin depending on your glucose at every moment.Even to stop infusion when it is not necessary because it provides hypoglycemia.And you just have to take care of the bolus of meals.Of the rest, she takes care of her ...
Do you like, right?Well, that is already possible and is already being tested in clinical trials to get to the market in 2017. When we have not yet learned to handle the new 640g that manages alone the hypoglycemia, Medtronic is already testing and finalizing the#minimed670g, a lotmore "ready" than your newly marketed sister.
Link

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
06/18/2015 10:45 a.m.

It is not because it is pessimite but that of the minimed670g does not convince me anything, there is no sensor today so reliable so that the pump is responsible for administering and suspending insulin.
The first thing to do and especially Medtronic, which is the one who is getting most into that world, is to have a much more reliable glucose sensor and not that it is much more reliable but always has a minimum margin of error.
Then since they investigate the bombs that administer or suspend insulin infusion.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
06/18/2015 11:40 a.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

I love your blog!

By the way, could you get some information on this project and make an entry into your blog with your opinions?It would be very interesting: Link
FB: Link
Twitter: Link

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
06/18/2015 11:40 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well having some app that was able to count the HC exactly would be a pass, it would be the best -selling app.
Let's see if these investigations are giving little by little.
I currently use for Android Myfitnesspal that in addition to looking for the bar codes, and the information of products they have is impressive.
And I also use foodmeter that I also like.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
06/18/2015 11:43 a.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

Jconegar, totally agree with you on the subject of accuracy sensor.But it will always be interstitial measurement.
Regarding the operation of the pump automatism, the 640g is demonstrating perfectly functioning with its suspension and resumption of infusion.The soft that, according to Metronic bought and that is the heart of these current and future bombs, it seems that it is going very well.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
06/18/2015 11:49 a.m.

ARTORIAS, I know the Glucowise.But I see it very green.I still do not see data that can give hope based on truthful information beyond some intentions of a web page.But I follow it ...

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
06/18/2015 11:51 a.m.

Ok, thank you Hansolo!

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
06/18/2015 11:55 a.m.

Hello everyone !!I wanted to tell you a treatment that they are carrying out at the Santiago Clinical Hospital.Children under 14, with diabetes or asthma, put the vaccine prevent 13, and put it because this vaccine seems to stimulate the growth of TREG cells in which asthmatic and diabetics are deficit.The vaccine has been in the market since 2009, it is not a new vaccine and is against the meningococcus.This program is carried out as follows: in the first consultation they put a dose of the vaccine and make an analytical in addition to writing down everything that can be relevant in clinical history.Then at 22 days there is a 2nd consultation in which they make a new analytics and randomly give it a dose of vaccine or not.At 3 months of the 1st vaccination there is another consultation, which for our comfort makes it coincide with the endocrine consultation, and in this consultation they make an analytics again.The program is very well designed, and the explanations are very clear, both parents and children who take into account the explanations.
Iago and I went out with the impression that a doctor had not served us but someone very friendly and charming, not the typical doctor, come on.I will tell you a little more, as it progresses in time.
I would like to send you by PDF the most technical explanation they gave us, but I don't know if I will know how to upload it.I will try to scan and you can see it.
By the way, to say that this study is carried by Dr. Federico Martinon who is the chief of pediatrics of the hospital and that he has several studies with vaccines in this same center.

Thank you very much, greetings

Enma's profile photo
Enma
06/18/2015 noon

Diabética tipo 3
Mamá de Iago (14 años)
Lantus 25 uds
Apidra a demanda
Freestyle libre
@enma

ENMA You can pass it to hi@jediazcarado.com

Thanks for the info!

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
06/18/2015 12:01 p.m.

Hi Hansolo, or sugary Jedi !!I would happen to you and I would like to spend all the explanation they have given us written.Scan everything and send it to you.
All the best

Enma's profile photo
Enma
06/18/2015 12:05 p.m.

Diabética tipo 3
Mamá de Iago (14 años)
Lantus 25 uds
Apidra a demanda
Freestyle libre
@enma

I am an accu_check user DSD experts a couple of years ago and I am very happy!Much more comfortable.You introduce your fields and calculate bowling ... corrections ... great (that if you have to be constant and modify values ​​when it touches)

AnNa's profile photo
AnNa
06/19/2015 2:20 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.