{'en': 'My reflections on diabetes and whatever', 'es': 'Mis reflexiones sobre la diabetes y lo que le rodea'} Image

My reflections on diabetes and whatever

HanSolo's profile photo   06/07/2013 6:59 a.m.

For me, the greatest advance has been the lantus and the ultra -grape.I don't even want to remember the anguish we spent with the NPH and the strict schedules imposed.
Today my daughter has a virtually normalized life, without food schedules and without serious hypoglycemia, which was impossible with the NPH.
The following advances, which I hope will arrive soon for everyone, will be the continuous measurement, a new larger insulin and even more stable than lantus, a smaller pump without catheters (omnipod type) and, with some more time, a bombAutonomous .. with that we could already be calm.
Ah, and a vaccine for children.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/28/2014 2:09 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hansolo said:
I carry almost my "diabetic life" (28 years) listening to those arguments and I have never agreed with the theories of the global conspiracy of pharmaceutical multinationals who want to bury everything that is invented ..Sincerely, they seem pueriles.I imagine Mr. Burns trying to buy an investigation from a team of scientists and keeping it in a drawer.By God, let's be serious;Science is unstoppable, it has always been and always will be.Whoever gets some diabetes improvement is directly.And that is an obvious truth.
I think there are diseases for which we are simply not prepared to solve them with our current knowledge.And diabetes - despite being one of the most studied - is one of them.Summarizing a little, I would say that they have no fox idea of ​​why it happens, or how to stop it or where to act to stop it.Simply, we have not reached that point of scientific progress.And meanwhile, then "patches".Yes. But I remind you that they are patches that are saving your life, gentlemen.I do not understand how you criticize all these advances that today allow you to be as you are.Several decades ago you would be quite fucked in a few years, speaking in silver.And if you are not now therefore we have advanced in medicines, knowledge, protocols, technology ... and everything applied to diabetes.See that many do not value the insulin that you get every day only blames it to the ignorance of those who have arrived at a much sweeter moment than the one who lived years ago.You do not know what it is - some here know it - put an insulin that begins to work two hours later, or a slow with such a strong beak that it had to "feed the beast" putting food at certain times so as not to have hypoglycemiaSafe.Measure glycemia with urine (which is after, let's not forget) ... Anyway, there are so many small, but important things ... that have made complications much today and life expectancy is higherand with better prognosis.

What I think is an important improvement and it will be the next diabetes revolution is continuous measurement.I think it is unstoppable and it is also inevitable that it ends up being financed by the SNS.They have improved a lot and has also helped Abbott have revolutionized the market with its free, which is not only the most accurate, but the cheapest.That is, if you want, you can.

Hello, you are right in what you say, I do not doubt it ... but I speak of my experience, and for my experience, in 18 years, what has said, advances that come to us by our health, almost 0 (as you say, it can beThat it arrived at a time of change ... Then it will be another who has seen the progress as your case and I do not doubt it -taking the photos of certain "pots" -, in my case, no).

Of course I am grateful ... Moreover, I am grateful to be in Spain, I would be missing more ... I imagine being diabetic in Somalia ... or some South American country, today, in 2014, and ... I suppose to cry.I speak of what I have and what I have lived.
The same thing there will be people who can talk about the work "work" when you worked for a "broth" dish and wage from sun to sun ... something that seems true to me ... however, those of our generation not onlyWe will not see advances, but we will surely see a setback, of course the 58 -year -old will say "it will not be so much" that we are much better than before ... but those who have lived a "sweet" moment see the setback in conditions in conditionslabor.Therefore, and I say it, I speak of my opinion, and my sensations.

About scientific advances, of course there will be, but I don't know if Machiavellian conspiracies or not ... or that Mr. Burns "buying" the other company and keeping research ... but notWe advance everything that should be, it is so.For example, ask yourself why have the flash sensor limited to 14 days?Because they have made an "effort" for that, being able to leave it "freely" (free, as the name implies) until the user checks that stops going well?Already ... surely (the pharmaceutics will say) it is for our good because over time it will cease to be precise, it will have greater differences ... and I tell you that it is very good but that if it goes wrong I already take it out I!And why do they not put a transmitter - in the case of Dexcom or Abbott with the Guardian - rechargeable?Do you buy 2 and the alternate for several days and that do it without any problem, load by contacts and voila ... or replaceable batteries?.CONSUMABLES ... That is not an advance ... It is a "advance" for them ... I want the "advances" for me.

On the revolution ... Honestly, for me, it has not arrived with the flash, I say it for the umpteenth time (and I repeat that it is my opinion, I may be wrong, because for me the revolution arrived almost 8 years ago) ... it will arriveWhen it costs 0, meanwhile, one more option (surely very precise, with problems common to other meters and with many limitations such as automation and alarms, which for some is vital -not all, of course -), more economical than others (Not as much as it may seem initially, I just say numbers a year and ... remember that we are in a country with a minimum interprofessional salary of about 690 euros).

But the revolution will arrive when we go to the pharmacy for our sensors at 50 cent we each box.At 240 euros each box, well ... are 240 euros (and another 370, that is worse, of course, but here it seems that we are and your more when we are all giving us and hard).

Companion Sherpa surely from my "fifth" sees the same ... but that it is clear that it is my experience ... before debuting, I had a diabetic friend who thought he put an injection up to date and ready!Moreover, I told my father "quiet, that it is only an injection, it is not for so much man" .... I did not know what I got into.

Greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
09/28/2014 2:55 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Pablo And do you know anything about that diabetic friend?because that is another .. before the diabetics put an injection up to date and point .., but then the consequences came.
Yes, progress has been made, especially in improving control and preventing complications.
What happens is that things do not arrive as fast as we would like ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/28/2014 3:49 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

Well, make regina happy because a new "lantus" is going to be marketed shortly

Gala's profile photo
Gala
09/28/2014 4:06 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Thank you, Gala.It must be the swallow.Well, be welcome, because whenever we have changed insulin, it has been for the better.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/28/2014 4:14 p.m.

Hi Regina ... Well, I see her on the street and "apparently" well and "whole"-It's the only diabetic-, it was my "idea" of diabetes ... I suppose it would be punctured more times, the glucose would be looked at ... My ignorance was such (as the vast majority that lives "outside" of this world)I thought that "it was not so much, total ... a puncture a day and you are already cured", it is clear that nothing (and many people and friends, in 2014, continue to think that diabetes "is nothing", a puncture with the Boligraph so "guay" and to something else, and if you tell him that the puncture is the least, that you do not find out, then ... then that you get it well, a puncture and to live life!¡¡¡).

I do not doubt that it would have advanced, there would be more ... but as far as it touches me ... I have seen very little progress.And yet, where I have seen advances (continuous measurement) here it went completely unnoticed for about 4-5 years, hidden, arrived late and of course, at an exorbitant price.For me, the revolution will come the day that my dexcom or my Navigator 2 of Abbot pay me, and I can dedicate me to work for a salary (and not to work to pay me my necessary and mandatory device).

greetings

pabloj2000
09/28/2014 4:18 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Pablo, hopefully the continuous measurement between the S. have to realize the revolution that is in the treatment, quality of life and prevention of complications.
And from the savings that public health will suppose in the long run.
I hope you see it soon.
Greetings!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/28/2014 4:27 p.m.

Regina I agree with you that with the ultrarapida if they have improved, instead of waiting for half an hour as before or a little more, now with about 15 min if you put it in the belly (at least in my case) you have to waitless.
Hansolo also think that by putting insulin in a ball, it has taken a nonsense, is that a breakthrough?
The MCG I have commented that it was an advance, which has taken to arrive but has arrived.
I also agree with Pablo2000 that things are keeping and they are gradually taking them out, for example, as he says because limiting the sensor to 15 days?In case it fails to make the diabetic safer?Well, it could be, but we all know more or less where we can have the levels and if that is so safe as soon as we did an analysis we would realize that the sensor fails.Now for Social Security it is the best news, the strips will be saved, for them if the news is good, the best progress for the social security that has existed, I hope they become aware and offer them for free, but I feel it, I do not believe itFor now, meanwhile to save the strips, for that we pay taxes.
The omnipod for me is a relative advance, because yes, the circuits have improved to be able to inject the insulin depending on what another apartment tells them, but there are still the two apparatus.But the omnipod to make the Spaniards?If it is not imported, that is the advance, apparatus are perfected that we cannot enjoy.As you say for God !!!Let's be serious and the little advances are for everyone.
I have put pork insulin, okay, and?The improvement has been how I have commented before the reduction of time when eating, but before if you wore your schedules, nothing happened, as you have ever said the improvements such as the MGC are not for all people, the MGCYou commented that it was not to be able to see how to pass us in the amount we eat (algos you have ever commented, I think), how many diabetics take advantage of the ultra -stroke to eat something that should not (it is said), being the first.
And like Paul I still think that you think about the mobiles or computers the advances they have had and compare.
All the best,
And I think I'm serious and I don't criticize, I say what I think I don't hurt anyone.
And be careful respect all opinions.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
09/29/2014 5:21 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

@Gala @regina, you talk about swallowing, but we have doubts that they put it in the SNS, so some endocrine have told me.It is more expensive and may stay out and force us to continue with the already old Lantus, which by the way, has obvious peaks that do not have the levemir (although it is a pain to prick once again, as if we did not have enough).But the swallow seems to be very stable and could reach more than 36 effective hours.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
09/29/2014 8:17 p.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

A research development that could revolutionize diabetes treatment.I already talked about something similar a few days ago, but this other project, although similar, is Spanish!And by the way, they need funds !!
Link

And now that it is so fashionable with the new free, I speak of our most inseparable object, the glucose meter
Link

Something that many parents of children with diabetes would want to do today: monitoring glycemia continuously to their children.There are already developments that do it:
Link

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
09/29/2014 8:20 p.m.

Well, I think that if the SS is going to happen, because my endocrine is (he is the chief of service and I say that he will be informed) is waiting for us to have it in Spain to put it on and try because I put myself twice Lantus a day and although althoughBe more expensive, I think they are cheaper than paying twice asselves and double needles and for type II, the most of the same, twice as much of the needles.
Let's see if those advances are finally made reality = D>

Gala's profile photo
Gala
09/29/2014 8:47 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Hello, I have put it in the new devices section, I do not know if you have any information to contrast "this" Link

Thank you!

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/30/2014 1:15 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

kraken said:
hello, I have put it in the new devices section, I don't know if you have any information to contrast "this" Link
Thanks!

That news is a few months ago and refers to carrying two insulin pumps (one with insulin and one with glucagon) and an interstitial sensor and communicating with each other.That implies having a tangle of cables and devices that seems really annoying, with its maintenance problems and everything.

Here is a photo of the invention:
Link

It also does not release you at all from the diet and before eating you have to tell you what amount you are going to take.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
09/30/2014 1:59 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Hello ... regardless of what Sherpa41 (spectacular) comments this if it reaches the street will cost about 1500 euros a month in consumables :( come on, the typical for the middle class (remember ... "The important thing is health"... said the one that was lined!)

greetings

pabloj2000
09/30/2014 4:57 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Pabloj2000 said:
Hello ... regardless of what Sherpa41 (spectacular) comments this if it reaches the street will cost about 1500 euros per month in consumables

And if you look at the values ​​of the photo, it is at 193 and through the graph a good part of the day has passed over 200. Filling the whole body with cables and devices and on top of having such a bad control?X_x

Honestly, I don't think you can never make a good artificial pancreas with a sad bomb connected to an interstitial sensor.Insulin diffusion takes too long to reach the blood and the sensor goes too delay.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
09/30/2014 5:20 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Thank you very much to Pablo and Sherpa, I see that it is not a panacea...

Thank you!

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/01/2014 12:40 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

We may have put all too many hopes in free.With the results I see I do not see a revolution.A step in lowering costs but no more.Hopefully I am wrong but it lacks accuracy and without further accuracy there is no revolution.

Papajesus1's profile photo
Papajesus1
10/04/2014 3:44 p.m.

Padre de Jesús. Bomba insulina y dexcom g4 share. Debut con 18 meses....ya con 7 añitos...Hemo entorno a 7....y mucha lucha diaria.....ya sabéis..poco dormir y bastantes miedos....pero mi niño es feliz luego yo también.

A little disappointed, we will have to try it but a priori is less than I expected.

Papajesus1's profile photo
Papajesus1
10/04/2014 3:49 p.m.

Padre de Jesús. Bomba insulina y dexcom g4 share. Debut con 18 meses....ya con 7 añitos...Hemo entorno a 7....y mucha lucha diaria.....ya sabéis..poco dormir y bastantes miedos....pero mi niño es feliz luego yo también.

Papajesus1 said:
We may have put all too many hopes in free.With the results I see I do not see a revolution.A step in lowering costs but no more.Hopefully I am wrong but it lacks accuracy and without further accuracy there is no revolution.

There is greater accuracy, but compared to blood values ​​15 minutes ago.Like all current continuous meters, who always go with that delay.

Until they make a sensor that measures directly from the blood and not in the interstitial fabric, it cannot be accurate in real time.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
10/04/2014 4:12 p.m.

Insulin pills, a dream of all that is already in the phase of clinical trials
Link

There is more opinions about free freestyle
Link

What is your diabetes evasion moment?
Link

The countdown of Artur Mas and its relationship with diabetes :-)
Link

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
10/07/2014 9:36 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.