{'en': 'My reflections on diabetes and whatever', 'es': 'Mis reflexiones sobre la diabetes y lo que le rodea'} Image

My reflections on diabetes and whatever

HanSolo's profile photo   06/07/2013 6:59 a.m.

I have already looked at the "cold wallet", which works just like a botijo, by evaporation.Well, now the summer is over, I think I will spend without it, that I have to save for sensors hahahaha

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/24/2014 8:32 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Kraken@ neither do you need to go to the boli you are using in the fridge when you get home, in fact they advise back to put it again once you have released it.In the fridge only the new ones.
Even the glucagon endures 18 months out of the fridge, (I say it in case you are traveling that you don't worry about glucagon) do not overwhelm so much that it is not necessary.Read the prospects in case you have doubts

Gala's profile photo
Gala
09/24/2014 9:53 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

New insulin to the fridge, the others is not necessary.They don't get bad as well ...

tica's profile photo
tica
09/24/2014 10:02 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Thanks Gala and Tica, I am less lazy to eat away from home, do you see?

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/24/2014 1:06 p.m.

Yes, I referred to using the cold wallet in summer, of course.In Madrid in rare summer is the day that drops from 25 ° C and I prefer not to risk, if they do not advise that it is more than that temperature because it will be for something, right?It also serves as a fluffy case, that with the blows that I stick to the bag I would not surprise me anything that one day broke a ball hahaha

Laire's profile photo
Laire
09/24/2014 2:23 p.m.

22 años. Tipo 1, debut 06/2014.
22 u. Lantus por las mañanas + Apidra

Rereading the Humalog prospect, the temperature it puts are 30 °.
I live in Madrid and I carry it in the bag without other care, as Tica says they do not spoil so easy.If you have it all day in the solazo, of course but very rare that you have it there all day, right?To me by heat in 23 years not one.For trips, which I have replaced if I use a fridge with a block of those you put in the lined freezer, not with direct contact because they freeze very easy to be so little liquid.
But come on that each one is very free to take them as they want, more would be missing, I comment because enough barrels we have already taken when we leave the house that you go out to work and it seems that you are going to China 3 months ...

Gala's profile photo
Gala
09/24/2014 3:55 p.m.

If you spoil so easily, what would we do the bomb?We always take it to the body for a few days either summer or winter.So you can be calm

belefe74's profile photo
belefe74
09/24/2014 6:36 p.m.

Diagnosticada en 1997
Siempre intentando mejorar.

Sherpa41, when I say artificial pancreas, I do not mean anything in particular, simply dream of a pot that does everything for me (instead of having to be the one that measures me, make calculations, correct ...).Something that carries in the body and with which I can disregard me with diabetes without having hyper or hyper again, because he controls everything.And then I wake up;

Continuing with the subject, an advance that would be greatly practical is this:

Link

Make a photo and tell you exactly how many rations there are on the plate without having had to weigh the food would be repeated.

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
09/24/2014 8:20 p.m.

It would be a tpist

belefe74's profile photo
belefe74
09/25/2014 5:32 a.m.

Diagnosticada en 1997

Roar said:
Sherpa41, when I say artificial pancreas, I do not mean anything in particular, simply dream of a pot that does everything for me (instead of having to be the one that measures me, make calculations,correct ...).Something that carries in the body and with which I can disregard me with diabetes without having hyper or hyper again, because he controls everything.And then I wake up;-D.

Already but "artificial pancreas" are using it so lightly those who sell bombs tied to a sad interstitial sensor that now would have to look for another name.

Roar said:
Continuing with the subject, an advance that would be greatly practical is this: http: //www.jediazucarado.com/gocarb/
Make a photo and tell you exactly how many rations there are on the plate without having to weigh the food would be repeated.

Well, I feel also to disagree.You have to click about 10 minutes before eating.If you take the photo after you do, wait 10 minutes with a silly face watching how it cools?And in my humble opinion this of the apps to me all a bullshit (those of diabetes and others) with all the respect for those who develop them.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
09/25/2014 6:55 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

sherpa41 said:

Well, I feel also to disagree.You have to click about 10 minutes before eating.If you take the photo after you do, wait 10 minutes with a silly face watching how it cools?And in my humble opinion this of the apps to me all a bullshit (those of diabetes and others) with all the respect for those who develop them.

Hello ... I punctuate myself with the first bite ... or even if I have it around 100 (my 100, that each one suffers from their illness) after eating.Clicking before eating I don't see it viable for many reasons (also my reasons, of course).

greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
09/25/2014 8:18 a.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

jconegar said:
technological advances?In 28 years that I have technological advances for the years that have passed.
The problem I think they really investigate is because there is a lot of money playing with us.

Totally agree.I believe that technological advances ... yes, there are ... yesterday, "today" nothing at all ... remember that almost 9 years ago there was already the first dexcom (that Seven Plus that had no trends, but alarms... which subsequently added with an update) ... and it seems that now the continuous measurement is an advance ... no, it is not ... more, the first users were a bit "stunned" by thestir ... Let's see, if this has been almost 10 years that there is!

Another thing, and that is where the advances are going to be ... It is in the democratization of this ... accessibility ... popularization ... but technological progress, I do not see it anywhere (not even in the evolutionsof existing devices).And the fact is that if they sell "obsolete technology" of 8 years ago at the price of balance (imagine a Dexcom Seven at 30 euros per month of spending), it would be "a great technological advance."

And on the other hand ... we are the "little pigs" of a farm (it sounds bad, but it is so) it is about "priebos" but not kill us ... they want us to eat, and eat, and eat ... but "dead"(Cured) we don't interest.

I am clear (and that nobody thinks of dark plots ...) that there is sufficient technology for great advances (one's own progress, and above all, accessible and reduced cost), but obviously, like any technology, weThey give counters ... although they have a roaming Map of the advances they have ready, indicating a release date to "space them".

And always ... always, consumables, sensors, expenses ... remember that Dexcom was devised as a device to implement, it is clear that the idea was to last a long time in the body, that sensor ... and I am convinced that they could make thatThe sensor lasted what was missing (long months) but does not interest, because ... what would they eat?
The flash surely endures months ... well, 14 days and pay ... and within 1 year they will take some sensors with 30 days of duration!

And when the "cure" comes out, yes, the cure ... I hope it is total, but ... "I took this pill every day" to 10 euros each ... a "cure" would be a ruin (ofFact, the first would be the bag in the stock market of many companies aimed at this sector ... This clear, the money "sends")

I have lived "inside" the technology industry (computer multinational) many years, and I know what I speak: sell a product at x price ... and sell you a product at 2x price, both exactly the same at cost of production because they are the same, but who pays more, enable certain functions (present in the "cheap" and active with knowledge, equally but that they do not let them use them) and more "niceties" of this style that sometimes are shame.

The pharmaceutical industry ... banks ... They are not our friends, even if they try to look like it.What they want (lawful) is to get our hands in your pocket and get as much as they can ... and if you can do it persistently in time, they will.I insist, it is lawful, but that does not mean that they tease us and call "progress" anything.

That is my approach, perhaps wrong, but totally convinced.

greetings

pabloj2000
09/25/2014 8:45 a.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

I punish myself then because if I do not give me the descent and I have not risen from the table, each one is clear!

Gala's profile photo
Gala
09/25/2014 10:06 a.m.

Pablo, also moved the tobacco industry and the healthy health public spending has preferred.
I hope that public funds financed with the battle.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/25/2014 11:45 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I punctuSure downstairs :(

belefe74's profile photo
belefe74
09/25/2014 11:55 a.m.

Diagnosticada en 1997

Regina said:
Pablo, also moved the tobacco industry and has preferred health and the lowest public health expenditure.
I hope that public funds financed with the battle.

Hello, I think you are right ... but in part ... "health" cares about our rulers and "dad state", what matters to him are the rooms, come on, the money.If the tobacco is sold to 20 euros the pack, and with that all the treatments and diseases associated with tobacco are financed and raised a little more, above ... it is still sold.The problem is when they do not collect more of the expenses it causes, then it must be prohibited or limited, but not for "health" or well -being ... for the pela.

They say traffic "we cannot drive for you", claiming that they care about us ... that is false ... they have to raise and protect the health and social system, to which traffic accidents cost them a burial (adeceased implies a lot of money invested and not recovered, education, health, etc ...), and again, the money comes into play, the simple and pure money, not the concern for our well -being.

If you are going to California ... you take a motorcycle and drive it ... without a helmet!If you hit it ... you eat it ... You pay your medical expenses, there is no public insurance, and if you have no money or private insurance, it is your problem ... in those conditions to Dad State does not interest him "Ensure "for your health or safety, if you" die ", do not lose anything (you have paid your health, you have paid your education ... It is not their problem and people do not care about a pepper, the sameThat here, only there is evident and here they hide it with "we care about you")

What I think is that there are many interests in these issues ... Maybe when the "hare" suddenor another reason ... you are trying to keep the chicken of the golden eggs alive.

And yes, I am distrustful by nature (you already know about "think badly and you'll get right") but I see pharmacists like banks ... they squeeze us what they can when everything goes well ... and when it goes wrong, among all(State) We help them (or surely they do not demand what they could demand, or should).I don't like them, but it's a necessary evil, no doubt.

Returning to the "advances", fix yourself if I believe to what extent they are "bought" that I sincerely believe that the 14 -day limitation of Abbott's flash is simply a commercial argument: they know that the "alternative" comes for 7 days, but usually, I think that people take 15 days (people with 8 days, people with 15 and people with 25) ... curious that they go abbott and limit it electronically to 14 days, because ... what if they let himdo what has to last and decide when to remove it?
Well, to me that electronic limitation seems to me an aberration, but necessary ... the reason?
If they do not put it, and for example last 30 days ... van dexcom and take out the sensor (which they sure already have, I do not have the slightest doubt) approved for 14 days (they will "be folded from 3 to 7 days),That curiously, people would last those 30 days ... great, among themselves they have reduced the need for half -sensors, we won, they lose.

So, they will always go to the time ... I give you 2 more days ... I 1 less ... and who can offer 3 times more duration, will shut up and offer the same as others,It will limit it ... nobody wants to lift the hare and stay out of this juicy business.Everyone plays the same.And therefore, the progress of truth, they are kept, and meanwhile they squeeze us.

The following advances will be reduced to ... nothing ... what we have since the last 10 years, but more beautiful and adorned (for my dexcom if it was a before andan after) ... Wi -Fi connections, the cloud, bluetooth, FullHD screens, politicians, the same sensor duration, transmitters unless ... come on, in the end we will always spend the same thing! And we are obtaining, basically, an obsolete technology.

And ending with the theme of food and puncturing during or post ... I don't know if I'm glad or not ... but I see that I am not the only "crazy" with some totally prohibited ideas in the strict "Universal Manual of Diabetes"that many endocrine "of catalog" try to apply and in which you have to put the insulin 30 or 20 minutes before the intake and if you do not ...

greetings

pabloj2000
09/25/2014 6:45 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Amen

Lidia Márquez Rodríguez's profile photo
Lidia Márquez Rodríguez
09/25/2014 7:46 p.m.

26 años - DM1 desde 2010
Bomba insulina Minimed 640G - Uso Freestyle libre de forma discontinua

On the subject of "advances" ... this is my experience, of course others will have lived other things, but as far as you personally refer to 0 Patatero.

ATTEND PHOTO, of glucometer used in my debut, 1996 (I was already by capillarity) ... and glucometer currently used, 2014. At that time I already used pen, I have always met them ... just as now.

If someone is going to tell me that there are advances in the health of our country as diabetics, or rather, that I have to say that I have lived advances offered by the SS, the answer is a very round.Today, it is exactly the same as 20 years ago (someone has been noticing other changes for many more years, I do not doubt it and I cannot discuss it, as far as it touches me, not)

The only advance in that meter that I teach (and that I just found it between my things) and the currentI don't remember, but maybe 10, can it be?

An advance, without a doubt (may seem nonsense, but the measurements were eternal, at night, etc ...) ... but it ends.I have not seen anything else, I continue with the same lancetas ... same needles, same pen ... all the same.At that time you had to use a libet to write down results (for me, I used it for a couple of years, and I left it quickly, that was denigrating, but for me and my life, huh?), That I understand that it is no longer used, although I would not be surprised if someone would still use it ...

And if in almost 20 years, the only advance that has come to me is to go from 30 to 5 seconds ... you will tell me

When I debuted I had a computer, with a 100MHz Pentium processor ... and 8 MB (megas) of RAM ... 18 years later I have a computer with 4 cores running each at 4.4GHz, that is, 176 times more performance,and 16GB of RAM, that is, 2000 times more.There we can talk about evolution.In diabetes, in my case, I have not lived it.
If you take the diabetic material for 20 years, you will be the same ... if you take a computer from 20 years ago ... you can't open a web page.

Now ... if we talk about private "advances."Before, 2 years "lost") I got with the Seven Plus -tambient brought from the USA and for several years-, and that, that was a revolution in my 12 years of diabetes, a before and a later, a point ofInflection, a new form of "playing" with diabetes (it is simply to have the meter between 2 values, outside of which he warns you, and for this, I am very free to do it as I want, what matters is the result,There are no "norms" or acts of faith)

If for our health system it is ... I insist ... 18 years later, I am exactly the same, not a single advance.And now, if they put the free flash replacing the glucometer, then if it will be an advance (which will still have to arrive), the only clear advance that I have lived, hopefully from now on things are accelerated, and that only 10 take 10years every advance ... and no 20¡¡¡¡¡

greetings

pabloj2000
09/28/2014 12:17 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

I carry almost my "diabetic life" (28 years) listening to those arguments and I have never agreed with the theories of the global conspiracy of pharmaceutical multinationals that want to bury everything that is invented ... honestly, they seem pueriles.I imagine Mr. Burns trying to buy an investigation from a team of scientists and keeping it in a drawer.By God, let's be serious;Science is unstoppable, it has always been and always will be.Whoever gets some diabetes improvement is directly.And that is an obvious truth.
I think there are diseases for which we are simply not prepared to solve them with our current knowledge.And diabetes - despite being one of the most studied - is one of them.Summarizing a little, I would say that they have no fox idea of ​​why it happens, or how to stop it or where to act to stop it.Simply, we have not reached that point of scientific progress.And meanwhile, then "patches".Yes. But I remind you that they are patches that are saving your life, gentlemen.I do not understand how you criticize all these advances that today allow you to be as you are.Several decades ago you would be quite fucked in a few years, speaking in silver.And if you are not now therefore we have advanced in medicines, knowledge, protocols, technology ... and everything applied to diabetes.See that many do not value the insulin that you get every day only blames it to the ignorance of those who have arrived at a much sweeter moment than the one who lived years ago.You do not know what it is - some here know it - put an insulin that begins to work two hours later, or a slow with such a strong beak that it had to "feed the beast" putting food at certain times so as not to have hypoglycemiaSafe.Measure glycemia with urine (which is after, let's not forget) ... Anyway, there are so many small, but important things ... that have made complications much today and life expectancy is higherand with better prognosis.

What I think is an important improvement and it will be the next diabetes revolution is continuous measurement.I think it is unstoppable and it is also inevitable that it ends up being financed by the SNS.They have improved a lot and has also helped Abbott have revolutionized the market with its free, which is not only the most accurate, but the cheapest.That is, if you want, you can.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
09/28/2014 12:21 p.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Pabloj2000 you forget to say that 20 years ago in the SS they gave you all the strips you would like and free diabetic material and without having to queue or anything.For about 10 years they began to cut us with the material and put us difficult.

And I debut in 1994 and since then I have not seen any progress (although I have not been able to buy the Dexcom) instead that I have seen many setbacks, in the material I said before, in the bowls that were previously much better, in theNeedles, etc ... in which pussy do all the money they earn at our expense invest?In investigating sure not.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
09/28/2014 1:52 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.