{'en': 'My reflections on diabetes and whatever', 'es': 'Mis reflexiones sobre la diabetes y lo que le rodea'} Image

My reflections on diabetes and whatever

HanSolo's profile photo   06/07/2013 6:59 a.m.

Well, that the dexcom lasts 7 days minimum ... I the latter the next day already came out the interrogations, I am leaving it because I feel sorry, but I have been with the position for 5 days and occasionally I do 15minutes and then the interrogations again.
Of those that I have used so far more than one, the interrogations have come out and stopped working for a long time before the week.Then when the week passes, every two for three interrogations.
For now I will have used about 8 sensors and I think only one came to me at two weeks without taking too much can.

BanHop's profile photo
BanHop
10/23/2014 8:26 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

However, I agree that you do not have to have complicated diabetes to need alarms.I usually go to the gym, and if not for the Dexcom more than one scare I would have taken me while I slept.

BanHop's profile photo
BanHop
10/23/2014 8:30 a.m.

Banhop said:
Well, that the dexcom lasts 7 days minimum ... I the latter the next day I already got out of the interrogations, I am leaving it because I am sad to throw it, but I have been with the position with the positionAnd from time to time he has been questioned for 15 minutes again.
Of those that I have used so far more than one, the interrogations have come out and stopped working for a long time before the week.Then when the week passes, every two for three interrogations.
For now I will have used about 8 sensors and I think that only one came to me at two weeks without giving too much can.

Of course that can happen ... to me that last 14 days and another 28 because surely I stay the same face as you ... I suppose it will be in your case the same, that I last 14 and you7, well ... I will not look for explanations, each one is each one, or the one who does a lot of sport or ... what is said, there are no, and if there are, then ... it is what there is!¡

I want to say that if we make an average (and know a few) of sensor durations, the majority lasts a lot (having extreme cases such as lasting 5-7 days or lasting 50).Personally, I am surely below the average, because most contacts I have, they take 3-4 weeks without problems (and that's why I said that there are also cases of that week, that there are, and that I could not keep itwith that duration).And it is angry.

Perhaps if you have a chance, you should try another continuous meter or free ... and see results, if the result is good, because you can compensate for losing alarms due to economic savings.

The alarms for me are totally essential.In fact it is very easy to turn off and see that "something is missing", it is a simple option.

greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
10/23/2014 8:38 a.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

I give you the reason with the alarms, I thought I was going to lie down to get used to Dexcom and now I feel lost.Anyway, if the damn won, they could polish the device much more.The smallest transmitter for example.
The free for 60 euros are in the size of a transmitting currency + everything together, in the DEXCOM you have each sensor at 90 euros and the transmitter more than 300, and now what they have taken to pass the data through Bluetooth another 300 or more.

The truth is that I believe that in less than 5 years we will have a clock that can measure glucose, technology is close, and that would be quite comfortable.Free almost almost could.By the way, if I put the free patch in the belly and the meter in my pocket would the values ​​take me all the time?

BanHop's profile photo
BanHop
10/23/2014 8:52 a.m.

Banhop said:
Well, that the dexcom lasts 7 days minimum ... I the latter the next day I already got out of the interrogations, I am leaving it because I am sad to throw it, but I have been with the position with the positionAnd from time to time he has been questioned for 15 minutes again.
For now I will have used about 8 sensors and I think that only one came to me at two weeks without giving too much can.

Maybe you should try to change the area, if they go so badly, they would not be worse.
There is a subject that I don't know how it is going very well but I think Novalab if it lasts less than a week sends you another, but I would try to change zone.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
10/23/2014 8:59 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Banhop said:
@Banhop, I think I'm not mistaken if I say it's a "adhesion" issue.If you get it absolutely well stuck and without pulls that can take it off, I am sure that it will last longer and that the interrogations will disappear.Fixomull in abundance from the first day, with additional strips as soon as it begins to take off.

For the rest, I would not doubt it: the sensors are guaranteed.If they fail before the 7th day, called to Novalabs and bring a new new one in the next order (the activity is recorded in the receiver).

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
10/23/2014 9:06 a.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

I believe that both Dexcom and Guardian and Free have a development margin for their devices, and are already limited.Could you get much more out of it?Yeah.But I imagine they are marketing strategies.

When I say that alarms are expendable, it is my opinion, obviously.Like the rest of everything I say.My word is not the Bible, I am just convinced of what I say, and that's why I say it, as you when you say what you say.Each one is giving our opinions.And I reiterate that except for cases of certain specific needs (some have already cited them), we can live without that benefit and I do not consider it fundamental in a continuous meter.And also free is not technically an MCG, because its readings are on demand.But ... if you give me the alarms, then delighted, of course.We have lost that benefit with the free due to the nature of the product, but since the expense is less, because I put it in the balance and I keep the free.

And I insist;The incongruous values ​​and signal losses are problems that I do not have in free, where 100% of the data are valid and consistent (regardless of the separation margin that this type of meters with respect to blood).

PD: Abbott has not paid me a hard XDDDD I say it in case there are suspicions (someone has commented above).I have just tried it, I liked it, I consider it a good device better than the rest and I give my favorable opinion, in addition to comparative figures that I am collecting from it.I think it is useful for people before being able to decide if you are planning a MCG.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
10/23/2014 9:14 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Han Solo, it is not a Ninjabetic review, it is a comment on Twitter with photography.Low is marked for hours, for me that is inconsistent information.Put freestylelibre on Twitter.Anyway I greatly appreciate your reports.Your information for me is totally valid even though I do not quite convince the freestylelibre I see it an advance, especially in price but not in accuracy as I wanted.

Papajesus1's profile photo
Papajesus1
10/23/2014 12:54 p.m.

Padre de Jesús. Bomba insulina y dexcom g4 share. Debut con 18 meses....ya con 7 añitos...Hemo entorno a 7....y mucha lucha diaria.....ya sabéis..poco dormir y bastantes miedos....pero mi niño es feliz luego yo también.

Papajesus1, that may have to do with the alert that has been activated in the United Kingdom with the free I spoke last week.I don't know if you know her.This is

Link

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
10/23/2014 1:10 p.m.

I believe that we are asking for more than you can offer.Why is this happening with free and has not happened to others?Well, it's curious.I suppose it has to do that it is the last one (and it is assumed more advanced), which is more affordable (and therefore we see it more attainable) and also for the optimistic advertising they have created in their launch campaign.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
10/23/2014 1:11 p.m.

Free has good things, of course ... eg, you comment on the issue of readings that are lost in others, and not in free, which for me is an advance and something that others should copy (¿Because losing that data if you have a stuck trnasion?) And effectively lose that data, if it is for a while, it implies that when you recover "you start again" from 0 to generate trends.That "defect" is more evident in the Seven Plus with its "scarce" scope (and as the transmitter spends, more), but for example, the G4 with its 6 meters, which are more, is more difficult to happen,But I insist, it is something rectifiable and should store the data as free, they can and should.And as soon as you connect to the receiver, download them suddenly, so that last bull does not matter what you had (I don't care what I have had) but you will continue to show more real values ​​and with the arrow.

That said ... Why is Flash required more?First, because it costs money (and not little, and that others are a robbery, it does not imply that this is another robbery, smaller, but robbery), we return to that if it is free, quiet and enjoy it, as if the patches are frompink and wear drawn hearts ... free?I don't care.
Second, because we have been in the market for 7 years, 7 years of margin to offer us ... basically, nothing.Eye, a lot, compared to glucose strips, of course, but "nothing" compared to what we already had.And above, they dare to sell "novelty" somewhat super-obsoleto (7 years, I insist).

Of course, here the third point enters, marketing (that will know a little, it consists) ... it is of no use to have a wonderful product that nobody knows it ... and the Abbott, with a powerful laboratory andIntroduced into our country and others, presentation campaigns, endocrine from behind giving lectures ... it will get something that Dexcom has never raised, because he cares about a European pepper (here there are mere "importers").Free will succeed because it will be known, and also, they will put it in the SS with shoe, because they want (benefit) and because they can.

There is an interesting film for technology lovers ... Pirates of Sillicon Valley, where in the end, there is a conversation (when Mr. Gates gave Steve Jobs, Apple) that can be applied here:

Steve Jobs: We are better than you, we have better products!
Bill Gates: You don't understand Steve ... that doesn't matter!

Years later things changed ... but it is an example that a good product does not guarantee you anything.Dexcom I think they have it, but in the USA.And moreover, I dare to say that in the use of the free Abbott, he will not want the tato ... that is, those who have continuous measurement paid for their insurance, you will see how many ask the Abbott ... moreover, I would not surprise methat I do not even be bothered to sell it there ... so that ... because he has continuous measurement pays for his insurance, and they put the "free" ... he lies.

Dexcom against Abbott has nothing to do ... or things change here, but nothing.At first I thought that the flash, if it were really cheap (which is not) would hurt Dexcom (it is a say, because again, few users are really, Dexcom cares about a whip Europe, and that we don'tI miss that there comes a time to "abandon", as an importer see that it does not interest ... see you later), but if people have to pay what they ask, it can even be advertising for Dexcom, when they see that "paying a littlemore "get more benefits.

Honestly, I think the flash is very good, but for me, it is not worth what it costs, and more with 7 years to develop a product and that in the end they sell it, expensive and manco.The minimum they could do, was to sell to 60 euros sensor, lasting 14 days, and with alarms, a real continuous measurement.The minimum.But calm ... that the Navigator II will be atThe return of the corner (but this "return to the corner" different from the "cure" of diabetes), and that yes ... that is going to be the equivalent of the Dexcom, surely much better, and surely more economical (or no, but better).

For all this, personally, I am very critical, and I demand.And more when I see the advertising that is given (marketing) that now seems to be "the bomb", you go to a pharmacy and "hallucinate in colors" with this new device (to see a lady ... that I have been with thedexcom¡¡¡¡).It will succeed, because they will "put it" ... but that is good, to see if people find out that there are "more complete" options (I do not say better) and on top of when someone discovers that 7 years ago I couldHaving a continuous meter is going to get quite angry.

Ahhh, and Dexcom of course it is demanded ... and if you think about my criticisms, because ... G4 served to get a petroleum jelly (speaking badly), many presentations, very beautiful ... but you do the same and more expensive.Pos ok.

For me, it is a pity that Dexcom is not called for Ex, Roche or Lifescan ... because then, 4-5 years ago, it is possible that it was already in the SS ... but while Dexcom is Dexcom .... aExclusive continuous measurement company, settled in the USA (where it sweeps), then ...

Do you think we will see the Civil Guard with Pontiacs, Os Cadillacs, although it costs the same like a Citroen C5, or a Renault Laguna?

Well here Dexcom is Pontiac ... that some are seen ... brought by some "crazy" ... and I don't know if it is better or worse than a Citroen (it is an example) but here in that plan, it will not succeed.

And within 1 year, if someone comes to tell me that the "free" is great, notice that the SS begins to study to pay ... something that does not happen with others ... well ... I shut up.

The free is very good when it is free, and it will not be good for being good and then they put it for free ... it will be good because they put it for free, which is very different.

And that many people will use it, it will not be because it is "better", it will be because it has been announced.

How many diabetics do you know that they know something about Dexcom?To those who teach it ... in a pharmacy ... to which you tell you that it exists ... and even to ambulatory doctors ...

There is a total ignorance.However ... some have heard that there are dogs that detect hypoglycemia (often circus), why?Because it has come out in the press, on radio, on television, I have seen signs of conferences about them .... pathetic.

Anyway ... 7 years later ... they go and take out a smartphone now, but they sell it so well that we have to "hallucinate" with the novelty ... Do you imagine it?Well, it's what they do.And to top it off, they will get it (because the alternative, its marketing here, and in Europe, is 0).

greetings

pabloj2000
10/23/2014 2:07 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

I give you the reason much of what you say.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
10/24/2014 11:08 a.m.

Freestyle free is already on sale in Spain.Enter the website freestylibre.es

Papajesus1's profile photo
Papajesus1
10/24/2014 11:38 a.m.

Padre de Jesús. Bomba insulina y dexcom g4 share. Debut con 18 meses....ya con 7 añitos...Hemo entorno a 7....y mucha lucha diaria.....ya sabéis..poco dormir y bastantes miedos....pero mi niño es feliz luego yo también.

Hansolo said:
I give you the reason much of what you say.

You've kill me :) ... how beautiful it is to discuss :) :)

Now seriously, envy is what I have to see this

Link

They do it wonderfully ... They are made known, they make it accessible ... it doesn't matter or bad (and it will be fine) ... but in 4 minutes you have it asked ... clear prices ... Everything online ...

Try to buy a dexcom ... First you have to know it ... after the doctor's role (I honestly do not know what is coming, for the Abbott nothing will need, which is logical ... each one that is bought and uses whatwant, and a doctor has nothing to say ... as if I want to make acupuncture) ... called by tlf ... budgets ... buy ... honestly, it is neither clean nor fast, rather than more thanYou want in the process (even we have a post "how to get a Dexcom" explaining the steps)

Link get here, look for the information, give 2 clicks and buy, the device, the sensors when necessary ... without intermediaries ... a 10.

That by the way, it is how it works in the USA with Dexcom ... You have your website (without intermediaries) in Dexcom with your data, and buy there ... if you want to pay, then pay ... if you have insurance they already take care of themto get it.

If Dexcom did the same, they directly sell (as a laboratory), another rooster would sing to us ... there as soon as you select another language they already send you to the appropriate importer (which logically wants to earn money for those procedures).

We would have a direct page, you put the visa and send you what they need, better prices, speed ... many more people would buy (no doubt), a little advertising and ....

That said, Freestylelibre has all the letters to succeed, or at least, to become well known.It makes me angry, that I consider (for my use) that there are better and more complete options, and that "happen" of everything ... and with the desire that things are done, I would not be surprised that many European distributors from DexcomThey were leaving the "business" by unprofitable (with the prices it has it will not be profitable) ... remember that we have been without distributors in Europe for many years, the one who wanted it-needed life was sought in the USA or through importsthrough some European country (and cheap nothing), but all at particular levels.And as soon as this happens ... Freestylelibre is going to eat the world (4 cats will buy "El Pontiac" in the USA), and that is bad ... because Freestyle will not have the minimum interest in putting alarms or improving something thatIt is going to be sold for the SS (you already see the advances in reactive strips for example, because this will be the same ... improve so that, if we already sell everything)

From here I encourage Dexcom to change this, and take an example of Abbott ... more ease is needed for purchase, online, at cq time and place, without procedures that have seen Abbott ... They are not necessary ... offers, prices... advertising

They are going to snack ... and Dexcom will remain as unknown as it always has been, and the whole country will associate continuous medication to free.America and Europe were always, on many issues, each one by their side.And this will be another.

greetings

pabloj2000
10/25/2014 9:23 a.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Hansolo said:
By the way, tomorrow I speak in the new Share forum, a Dexcom complement that allows glucose telemonitoring.An invention that is just born, is already old ...

Hello ... Well, I have read your comment about the Share on the blog, and I agree that it is born old, as old as I put before (the user manual for eg, or the photos) has almost 1 year since lohave.However, notice that when you propose that the "free" is asked for things that are not asked for others ... you are criticizing (rightly) a device that allows you to put the data in the cloud (we do not enter the Nightcout Project) automatically ... when eg, the free is not even able to put that data automatically in the receiver itself! (as to put them in the cloud :)).

Of course, for me the dexcom cradule is a shit ... first for what it costs (often thymus, another), second because it does not have an app for Android ... above connected to the current (which surely this isBase has a "fixed" use, at school, in the bedroom ...) because if you see the photos of the interior ... every hole, they could not put there a good battery! (That will be left for thefollowing).

Nor do I agree that the community goes ahead of the brand as something clearly negative ... that, if you are involved in technological issues I assure you that it is always like that! You simply enter the world of telephony by ex, "cooked" roms that enable functions (which the manufacturer does not want), solve problems, etc ...
Moreover, in other issues (and I assure you that I am a connoisseur of some of the very first hand) we are in front of the manufacturer (Dexcom, which tries to annoy us without need, charging for things that is not necessary), and the manufacturer instead of fightingTo advance our direction, what it does is fight so that we do not (so I think that sometimes the information is a double edge weapon for the manufacturer).

The Nightcout Project is born from a patent need ... and have resolved it in an "acceptable" way, but the solution goes through inhalic transmission, since the cable theme (despite the artisanal manufacture of covers) is a system thatNeither Dexcom nor the mobile are prepared, and it is a source of problems, apart from an engendro.

But of course, the future would happen because the receiver itself integrates the Bluetooth, the one who wants it activates it and transmits to the mobile.

Nor do I agree with what you say as a receptor-transmitter ... For me the day that force us to use the mobile, it will be the greatest failure.I don't want to use my mobile for these things, or joke.Put me a small receiver, for example, like that of Free ... that includes Bluetooth (you active whether or not you want), but a Bluetooth transmitter?

I already said it several times ... now you "complain" about a receptor-transmitter ... do not worry, when only the Bluetooth transmitter you are going to complain because the transmitter lasts 3 months (and 400 euros of the wing).That has no solution ... that pleases everyone.The Yankies do not care, of course ... that lasts 2 years ... 11 months ... or 3 months ... their insurance gives a new transmitter when the guarantee ends, they live in the "worlds of Yupi", But in our society, that everything goes to us, let's be more realistic and practical, letThe best sacrifice the range of 6 meters by 1 meter, in exchange for a transmitter that lasts 3 times more).

And finally ... yesterday I received the ABBOTT mail (I was aimed) entitled "A new era in glucose monitoring has arrived."Comments are left over (as an expert user that I consider in my continuous measurement).

And wishing to make an appointment for the Endocrine of the SS, arriveAnd see how it will try to put me with a "this advance" shoeler that will save my life, which is the revolution, a before and after, that other meters that "had" give bad result, I am not going to say either mu orTeach my dexcom, I will simply listen and observe how man will want to win his tablet or his Samsung S5, or the commission in species offered by the lord of the brush (which we all know).I will shut up and leave my chest (eye, I don't criticize the free, that's something else ... I criticize that with marketing, they turn a lie, a "truth", because here of revolution ... Nothing at all... The "shots" have already stuck 7 years ago :), everything is requested

And when they release the "indoctrination" that they have imposed, what was said, quiet and "folly."But be careful, the silence does not always grant.Sometimes he doesn't feel like arguing with idiots.

greetings

pabloj2000
10/28/2014 12:44 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

An aim, you say that when you put Bluetooth it will be a shit and the transmitter will last very little.But because the case may not get as free, that the transmitter itself is the patch.So last two weeks I don't care if Bluetooth or GPS has, provided that prices are moderate.

I see more future patches with Bluetooth that transmit information to the mobile or a clock.The price would be just the patches that you have to change every x time (one week, two ... let's be realistic, which wants manufacturers)

BanHop's profile photo
BanHop
10/29/2014 4:25 a.m.

I hope that moment comes, and I don't rule it out.Always speaking of automatic transmission (which is what interests me), that is, active (not passive like flash)

Today, we have the NFC (Near Field Communication) that presents the scope limitation.Perhaps we have the option of a receiver that has more reach and carrying it near the body is automatically reading (NFC without battery, passive) without the hair down the radiation :), or perhaps, I do not know, an NFCActive (with drums, it is another option) that allows bidirectional communication (after all it would be a transmitter with its pile, surely the cost would not be superior, I don't know) and with greater scope.

As you say, in the case of the flash, if it took Bluetooth and last 2 weeks, it would be perfect (if that did not affect the price) it is more, that would directly throw Dexcom for example, I could not compete ... Bluetooth would be continuous connectionand automatic (alarms without problems), 15 guaranteed days, and on top of without transmitting (or disposable with each sensor) at a more economical price.

But I smell me, to do that, the price would no longer be that of the NFC, which costs nothing ... you buy a 1 euro shirt, and we carry an RFID label (which is an "improved" NFC).And perhaps, the future could be on those RFID labels that if they allow several meters of reach, but I suppose it will have other limitations.
And not because a Bluetooth transmitter costs money, if not because they will want to collect it.

Anyway, a Bluetooth requires an important amount of energy, and in a transmitter like the flash by eg (or the DEXCOM) the batteries that were carried would not give it much.If you have any smartwatch, I have one from Sony, with active Bluetooth, you hardly finish the day ... and wear a "chubby" battery.

The perfect, would be bluetooth or wifi the transmitter, with replaceable or rechargeable batteries (inhalambric load is possible), excellent, automated, and a receiver (and a receiver (which the one who wants to use mobile, can use it, and if not a specific receiver)

But I am afraid that will not happen ... if they put Bluetooth in a transmitter ... Dexcom surely has it just around the corner (in fact it already works on that frequency), but we will see how they solve the battery consumption, because Dexcom transmits every 5 minutes and devise a mode of energy savings (that will be quite duration) we are sure that we find 2 months of battery in the best case, and change every time a transmitter, here it is unfeasible.

And if I am sincere, looking at my pocket, since they do not wanttiny receiver like flash.
It is not the best option, but for those we pay I think it is the best value for money.

In any case, they will do what they want, they will charge us what they want, and of course, as you say, the expenses will have them "controlled", limiting the life of sensors, transmitters, etc..

In the case of the flash, with the NFC, it will work fixed with the mobile whenever they want.

However, I am always a supporter of an independent device ... A mobile does everything, but if you like photography ... a micro 4/3 camera has no rival ... if you like to walk through the field, a GPSSpecific ... And in this diabetes, I would continue to ask for, use the mobile for me would create more problems than advantages (but I speak of my case), but unfortunately (for me) they will sell us that, and I will have toSwallow, but I'm not going to applaud you.

greetings

PD: There is a page, I do not remember which one, that analyzes the cost of components of various devices (I speak of cost, that is, to manufacture it ... I do not talk about development, patents, etc ...).A Dexcom receiver (it was the Seven Plus) I thinkIt cost $ 24 ... about 20 euros in factory cost.Up to 700 euros .... there is a good stretch

Where are the Chinese who copy everything?

pabloj2000
10/29/2014 7:35 a.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

It is clear that all systems have their pros and cons.I personally put on the balance what I consider important and I make the cost-benefit-background ratio, and I stay with free (although I know that I lose other advantages that others have, but the elections are like this and a ratio always gives me a winnereven if it is not a Pefect).
But I insist that I see free as a 1.0 version with enough possibilities of growing.And perhaps - I say only perhaps because it is a my opinion - we attend in not much time versions of the device that have what we now miss ...

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
10/30/2014 5:53 a.m.

QR bracelets;highly recommended in my opinion
Link

Marching another wonderful watches that make everything
Link

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
10/30/2014 5:55 a.m.

People are starting to receive free, and there are different buyer typologies in this situation of novelty where many people are not yet very clear what a device of this type does.That's why I wonder today ... And who are you?

Link

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
11/04/2014 3:42 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.