{'en': 'My reflections on diabetes and whatever', 'es': 'Mis reflexiones sobre la diabetes y lo que le rodea'} Image

My reflections on diabetes and whatever

HanSolo's profile photo   06/07/2013 6:59 a.m.

Today The Times appears with a striking cover.Do not miss this
Link

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
10/10/2014 6:10 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

She takes me the opposite, like Luke to Darth Vader
Link

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
10/10/2014 6:14 a.m.

Yesterday's news about the "Cure of Diabetes" has fired the comments of people who have believed on foot Juntillas the headline.Very unfortunate headline.In health you can't fall into yellowing ...
Link

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
10/11/2014 10:17 a.m.

Pick me again, Sam
Link

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
10/15/2014 12:32 p.m.

That such a good comments ... about the penultimate ("the cure") for me is a good play to "throw" the prices of pharmaceutical actions related to diabetes, and buy cheap (more than one will get nervousWith those actions in his portfolio thinking that the business and "will be released") :) :)

About the punctures ... Pufff ... Pre-dexcom with my 10 punctures in fingers a day ... I had to, well, I do not say it ... what I say is that many times I no longer neededClicking again ... I squeezed a little and I already had the blood for measurement, of a previous puncture, or a couple of hours ago ... terrible.

greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
10/15/2014 5:38 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

The other day I had to measure myself on the street, there was no way to get the damn drop ... My hands were cold, it shows that we are already in autumn !!And I fear that this will be repeated thousands of times (almost literal) until the heat returns.The worst thing is that when you need to see what is in that droplet, it takes longer to leave!

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
10/15/2014 6:22 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Freestylelibre put up for sale in the United Kingdom.See Freestylelibre.co.uk page

Papajesus1's profile photo
Papajesus1
10/17/2014 7:31 a.m.

Padre de Jesús. Bomba insulina y dexcom g4 share. Debut con 18 meses....ya con 7 añitos...Hemo entorno a 7....y mucha lucha diaria.....ya sabéis..poco dormir y bastantes miedos....pero mi niño es feliz luego yo también.

Jedi, I have read you check on freestylelibre and how always great, although I think you are too optimistic, hopefully the data is so good for you and for everyone but there are already some inconsistent data (see Betic girl on Twitter) and other opinions not so sopositive.If the price goes 75 euros as I think, I have serious doubts that it is a real advantage over Dexcom especially for parents.I like size but disappoint me that it is less reliable than promised, they have created excessive hopes for marketing that are not real.

Papajesus1
10/22/2014 3:41 p.m.

Padre de Jesús. Bomba insulina y dexcom g4 share. Debut con 18 meses....ya con 7 añitos...Hemo entorno a 7....y mucha lucha diaria.....ya sabéis..poco dormir y bastantes miedos....pero mi niño es feliz luego yo también.

I mean the data you have published today.

Papajesus1
10/22/2014 3:42 p.m.

See Ninjabetic on Twitter.He was marked for hours.

Papajesus1
10/22/2014 3:43 p.m.

Hello, yes, in UK for what I see, to change, about 73 euros the sensor (4 sensors) that by the way, it seems to me that there is going to be sold little ... 57.95 pounds the Abbott sensor and 63 pounds(In March 2014, until then the box were bought at 190LIBRASThey are clear! But the same is that my needs are very peculiar.Comments from continuous measurement user (with alarms) that prove it ... but of course you have to give it time and to lower prices (it is where they can compete, until it is free for the SS).I believe that the vision from a strips user to a Dexcom user, of the same device will be totally different.

For me the main advantage of the flash today is that ... competition begins to teach more things.Abbott has the Navigator II Freestyle with very good reviews in the operation, if they implement this type of sensor, but that is automatic and alarms ... that can really be interesting to send Freir asparagus to Dexcom and its prices.

But I insist, I suppose each person and needs is a world, to me if I do not "say" how I am and let me know above or below, I am lost, I do not know anything at all, "I blame.Making a joke - if I am allowed, and I hope that nobody is offended - with the flash it would end up as the Chinese cat of luck :), but others are sure to be great.

greetings

pabloj2000
10/22/2014 5:11 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

For the forum, a partner who says his mother has confirmed that the analyzes are not as exact as we had told us, the same comment that has already been seen by some other forum.
It is true that he also comments that he is very happy with him since he sees the situation in which his mother is and is logical.
As several times I have commented on each diabetic is a world but without alarms it leaves much to be desired.Who has not given a strong hypo?An MGC must really give notices both for hyper and hypos, but mainly for hypos even if we have to tighten the belt more.
Hopefully and ask that nobody confesses to these meters and unfortunately suffer a hypo.You have to be very attentive and in circumstances that we consider dangerous to be constantly passing it through the sensor, the problem?The nights.Let's see if those of the Free are spied and put alarm

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
10/22/2014 6:25 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Link

Papajesus1
10/22/2014 7:32 p.m.

For sale in France, prices around 60 euros sensor.He rectified before, will be cheaper.

Papajesus1
10/22/2014 7:33 p.m.

@Papajesus1 I can't find that free review by Ninjabetic (which I follow).

Anyway, I see a lot (I do not say it for it) Ignorance on how a continuous meter works and its differences with capillary blood glucose.We cannot compare both systems to hair.I am getting bored of saying it.Anyway, due to the price difference with Dexcom and Guardian, much more should give me these systems to spend several hundred euros per month against € 120 of the free.

As for alarms, for a "normal" person they are not necessary.But they are for a child.And yet - I come to the same - if I have to opt for what I have today (click fingers and continuous stress) or free, I have it clear, because basically, I cannot afford the excessive expense of the other systems, that they do have alarms, even if they are more inaccurate (there is a comparison study between all and the Navigator Win).By the way, the Navigator is the same sensor as free.

I do not understand why free is asked what is not asking others.This is a great advantage over what we have now both for accuracy and for price.Do you have its limitations?of course.But it is much more rigorous with free.And I think it's because people see it at your fingertips, although many can't yet come.And that gives anger.And then perhaps the pegas curling the curl, as with the theme of alarms.A "guy" diabetic is not worried that there is a beep with hypoglycemia.Because it detects them.And if you also have the free that you can spend every so often and see the trend ... What the hell do I want an alarm if it is with 120 and arrow in free fall, do I know what comes next?I insist, alarms are for people with inadvertent hypoglycemia, children and perhaps people with some special needs, such as someone with gastroparesia.For the bulk of people with diabetes, the alarm is expendable.Or at least it is when what you offer with alarm is € 200 more every month and its glycemia are more inaccurate, it has sometimes incongruous values, signal losses, and suspicious measurements as the sensor is stretching over the sensorOfficial Recommendation.All that in a free does not happen.Without a doubt, it is better system.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
10/23/2014 5:11 a.m.

By the way, tomorrow I speak in the new Share forum, a complement to the DEXCOM that allows glucose telemonitoring.An invention that as soon as he was born, is already old ...

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
10/23/2014 5:12 a.m.

Here are the statistics of the second free sensor I try

Link

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
10/23/2014 5:13 a.m.

Carlos, with the passing of the days, your moderate speech has now moved to an extremist speech.
And I deny the greatest.And I deny the greatest because your experience with Dexcom was insufficient.It is not worth a couple of sensors if the continuous measurement is not known.In fact, we consider returning it to the first weeks.Now or crazy.
I am sure that if you again try Dexcom, your comments would not only be moderated but also changing meaning.

Hansolo said:
.... For the bulk of people with diabetes, the alarm is expendable.
It is not good to generalize with personal experience.So many people you will find this as I as I the opposite.Expendable is, since most have not had the opportunity to try it.But once tested, it is not evident that it can be dispensed with.

Hansolo said:
.... or at least it is when what you offer me with alarm is € 200 more every month ...
I don't know where you get those figures.Dexcom sensors last 2 weeks without any effort, handicap or error.Yes or yes.If there is someone who lasts less on the sensor itself, not because it is taken off, to say it.So we talk about € 93.5 every 14 days compared to € 60 every 14 days, and that is € 67 more per month, not € 200.

Hansolo said:
Hansolo said:
.... and its glycemia are more inaccurate, it has incongruous values ​​sometimes, signal losses, and suspicious measurements as the sensor is stretched above the official recommendation ...

It isn't true.Glycemia are as inaccurate as those you are commenting for free: well in normal and some worse ranges at the ends, but enough to know where you are moving.There is no incongruities if not for others (spent sensor or signal loss by distance).There are no signal losses if it is not by distance.
All this you say is an initial sensation when MCG is not known.When you have been realizing that it is not.

Hansolo said:
Hansolo said:
.... All that in a free does not happen ...
What does not happen in the free is that he is aware of you and not on the contrary.It is a basic detail that affects the quality of life.

Hansolo said:
Hansolo said:
Hansolo said:
Hansolo said:
.... Without a doubt, it is better system.

Let us, at least to those who know other things, that we doubt it.This sharp statement is worthy of an ABBOT ad.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
10/23/2014 7:18 a.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

Hansolo at my 42 years I am a child, thank you very much I already considered myself older.I hope your words do not take the wind and you really never need them.
Do you get right when it marks 120 and is in descent for you to want an alarm?How lucky yours that when you sleep or you are doing sports you have an angel that passes the sensor.
Now do not say that the alarms are for those who are poorly controlled because then the Free is also for those who do not control their glucose well, so you need to see what are you continuously figure?So that you spend twice a day the apparatus through the sensor would be enough.
They are personal opinions, what I do not like are the continuous indications that the Free is the best for price and measurements when there are already people who indicate that they are not so accurate, besides that glucometer is so accurate?Because we go in most you do 3 analysis and come out different.
I am personally happy with the Dexcom and I also tell you that if the Free took alarms, I would try to try it.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
10/23/2014 7:33 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Hello, I fully agree with the previous comments ... Honestly, "give it time", which time puts everyone in place, and Abbott's flash has to end up being free to be interesting, because it seems that 240 euros every 2Months is a "bargain" and salvation, when it is a stab robbery.
Obviously, between punctures on the fingers, and the free meter, it is clear ... as you say ... but now, if you have to put 120 euros a month ... Well look ... bargain, none.

When you talk about Dexcom (other care scammers) and you say the alarms are 200 euros ... you are giving data, I will not say false, but partially true:
Free lasts each maximum and minimum sensor (I understand that they are guaranteed and if it does not reach 14 days they give you another) 14 days, and point ball.14 days.
Dexcom sensors last at least 7 days ...
You are playing with those 2 data in a "interested" way.
If I tell you that the sensors systematically last me 14 days (systematically, and some more), it is not relevant ... if I tell you that I have a few fellow users who take out between 4-5 weeks, it is not relevant... even someone lasts 8 days, bad luck (and if it were my case, it would surely have a serious economic problem) ... but real "life" is far from those numbers, you just have to ask in general thePeople, and if you want, a survey is done with "Put your duration of sensors."And with that data compare economically.
Of course when the end (or even the beginning) of a sensor is approaching, the errors shoot, we know that ... that's why I tell you that it lasts for 14 days ... I can get him 21 but it doesn't work for mea lot14 days perfect.

On the cases you comment ... from the use of alarms, I can tell you that you are wrong, so clear.I am not in any of those cases, and unless you consider me a child (I would like) for me they are essential.
Of course I can live without them ... without a free ... and with 5 strips of glucose ... I have lived many years like ...

But now I do not change the freedom of the continuous meter with his alerts, it is a step back, and the one that comes "back", everything they give is an advance, but I assure you that the one who comes from a dexcom,This is a step back, and time will say how many users of Dexcom See will change to free, paying, that is, instead of the box at 370 euros ... the box at 240. Another thing is when they "give it", and I am the first to change, since "unemployment" is not a friend of any continuous meter.

And it is a step back, because Abbott already has alarms, and the future will be alarms ... Are they going back?A normal person can live without alarms ... And without any of this ... If you are very strict, you have a job that allows you and your mind leaves you ... surely ... but having continuous measurement and alarms gives youA freedom that you can "pass" everything ... If you don't have alarms, you can't "go from everything."And if you don't have a free, you can still go "less" from everything.And "pass everything" is, for me, quality of life, but I understand that for another not.

Finally, about results and precision:
Freestyle Libre’s Accuracy vs.fingersticks is 11% (e.g., If Blood Glucose is 100 mg/dl on average, The System Would Be Off by About 11 mg/dl, On average).This accuracy is roughly comparable to the Freestyle Navigator II (12%) and Slightly Better Than The Dexcom G4 Platinum (14%) and The Medtronic Enlite (14%).

Indeed, the measurement is more accurate than the rest ... 3% better than for the classics Dexcom and Medtronic ... and almost traced to Navigator II (that is the future of Abbott).
And we are talking about clinical studies.If 3% on the paper seems accurately ... Turn off and let's go (that is ... free read 89 and you have 100 reais ... the "worst" read 86 and you have 100 reais.).
And the jump from the Seven Plus to G4 wasalso ridiculous.

And I insist, these are data from studies.

Then real life is something else, of course ... the free clip is also going, and the sensors fail.I already have some direct comment from Dexcom that has tried free and .... time, time.

But the alarms, sharply, you are wrong.It is perhaps the most important part of a similar system.

About Dexcom Craddle, of course it is born "ancient" ... as old as I have since last year they already had the manual! They give us things when they are interested.Moreover ... The huge box has a small plaque that could be put in 5 times less size.The idea of ​​transmitting by Bluetooth is very good and we avoid the Nightcout Project cables ... nothing more.Everything is requested.

Another player of the Dexcom's lords, to whom I have a pull that you do not see, because although I no longer "bleed" with the glucose strips, these XXXXXXX make part of my few resources take them.

And hopefully Abbott draws that meter that I need, with alarms and automatic ... and of course, cheaper than the Dexcom, which I assure you that I commanded Dexcom to Freir asparagus.For me it is a misfortune to have to use the Dexcom.
And I say Abbott as if Renault comes and draws a meter equivalent to the Dexcom and cheaper ... AAAAAAAAAAIREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

What I do not conceive is that they take out what they take out, without alarms, and they intend to charge what they intend ... it is cheap because it is worse, and said that, it seems to me "expensive", because I pay and enough, and notCover my needs.When the ss call me to tell me to give it to me, I eat my words, and in the absence of bread, they are toast ... but pay for "that", or joke, while I can.

It is like the one that operates the heart because it has seen an irresistible offer ... but if you do not need it!

And ending ... alarms only for children or those who do not find out ... Do you remember dogs that detect hypoglycemia, and that many diabetic associations support?That is a stabbing alarm ... just a damn alarm (who eats, shit, etc ...).

But nothing, what was said ... time to time ... Sometimes the novelty is glowing ... but when we have paid several boxes of sensors of our pocket ... you will see how the thing changes and that is when it begins to demandAnything else.

Hopefully Abbott reacts and offers what is expected ... alarms.I do pay the difference for them, because not to have them ... and have to "mortgage myself equally" to save my strips ... I don't see it very clear.Now, if it is free as it is supposed to be ... great and yes, that if it will be "better" than the dexcom (on gifted horse ...)

greetings

pabloj2000
10/23/2014 8:14 a.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.