{'en': 'My reflections on diabetes and whatever', 'es': 'Mis reflexiones sobre la diabetes y lo que le rodea'} Image

My reflections on diabetes and whatever

HanSolo's profile photo   06/07/2013 6:59 a.m.

I remember that my sister did debut after taking a great scare with an accident playing in a laundry room, from there she began to find himself badly until all the analyzes had made her and for having until she was diagnosed and that was in May,And I also debuted before the summer, but I neither scare nor virus nor na de na before, what I know is that in my family there is no history of diabetes anywhere, and I also have vitiligo that although it does not hurtI feel fatal to see everything full of spots: (((

belefe74's profile photo
belefe74
09/20/2014 9:43 p.m.

Diagnosticada en 1997
Siempre intentando mejorar.

edited

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/23/2014 1:56 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello, about the continuous measurement or the "flash", I think everything is said in this thread.I would like to raise a "complementary" topic.Imagine that you have already chosen the system that is best and that you are in reasonable margins.What is our next limitation?For me my goal is to know me better to be able to adjust to the maximum what I like and what I click.A sugar overcol is always carried anywhere, but for insulin a fridge is needed.Do you think it would be worth going to inhaled insulin so as not to leave insulin feathers due to half -family refrigerators?

Maybe you find trivial, but it would seem to me to be able to see how my glucose rises gradually in my measurement system along a workday that lengthens and not being able to do anything because in the middle of a factory (inmy case) I have no place to leave insulin.

I know that with the insulin pump this would not happen to me, I only propose this in case someone currently combines the continuous measurement with the inhaled ultra -granted insulin.

DiabetesForo
09/23/2014 1:56 p.m.

It is not necessary to leave insulin in the fridge.I use the cold wallet, which seems to me the most comfortable.But of course, the problem is having to stop clicking, if it were inhaled it would be easier.

Laire's profile photo
Laire
09/23/2014 4:13 p.m.

22 años. Tipo 1, debut 06/2014.
22 u. Lantus por las mañanas + Apidra

Hello, because I think upside down as to the "limitations" that is ... the problem is hypoglycemia without having anything (or having sugar or similar, and I do not arrive, that it happened to me very often), and more"Isolated" as you say, in a locked job, etc ... anguish.On not having the insulin on top ... it may happen to rise to 200, and 300 and 340 ... but for me it is no major problem, "nothing happens to me" for being 300, but because it is 70, whatI see perfectly acceptable and not as distressing as the hypos.

On the other hand, I have never complicated so much with the issue of insulin, I usually wear it as in the car, in the clothes ... in the fridge that I have stored at home, and nothing more.

On inhaled insulin ... if it arrives as it intended to arrive, it is better not to do so ... a gigantic applicator, etc ... for me the punctures, in diabetes, is the least and the most bearable.And very discreet and transportable pens.The greatest advance right now in that aspect, after continuous measurement, for me, it would be the glucagon pen (which I really think without continuous measurement does not make much sense) ... Come on, here are all the components of the artificial pancreas"Manual": Continuous real time meter, fast insulin and glucagon ... and the computer managing everything (for now we, later I hope a little machine).

greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
09/23/2014 4:59 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Let's see that there is no need for cold or fridge portfolio, the pen or road you are using can be at room temperature (up to 25 °) for 25 days.
Don't complicate life so much.In 23 years I have never spoiled a pen, I lie, they have spoiled me in the fridge for hitting them to the back and they froze, by heat it is very rare, we have to have it to have it all theSolitrón in summer for a long time because I have forgotten in the car once in summer and nothing has happened

Gala's profile photo
Gala
09/23/2014 5:01 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Paul being 70 is correct, being at 300 is dangerous .... Do not speak so lightly of hyperglycemia, that diabetes is not a matter of transitory disease, it is for a lifetime.I see easier to correct a hyper hyper

tica's profile photo
tica
09/23/2014 5:26 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

But hypoglycemia is more distressing than being 400, although we all know that 400 is a bestial figure.
For me the best advance, after the cure, would be an artificial pancreas.The rest are candies that are giving us occasionally so that we do not complain (and, incidentally, fill our pockets).

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
09/23/2014 6:13 p.m.

At the moment I would settle for a "continue" measurePocket or the Boligraph.

I do not get used to carrying a shoulder or mariconera, I do not know how any laboratory has come up with the idea of ​​manufacturing smaller bowling alley to leave home, I would even attribute to me to be a system similar to the drops they sell for the eyes,Before there were only bottles and now there are boxes with individual containers.Well that, containers with 2, 3, 5 or whatever insulin units.There is launching the idea, I will not charge copyright, that the one who performs the perfect, hehehe

DiabetesForo
09/23/2014 6:15 p.m.

For me the best thing is to bring the omnipod to Spain, it would be a bombing !!!!!.
I have been sweet for almost 30 years, although no woman has ever told me when trying, ha ha ha, and any of the old roads or pen has never spoiled, if I think to leave insulin in summer in summer inThe car, the PEN is in my pocket and at work I always have a Humalog ball in the drawer with several needles without using it, if they are getting little stuck and insulin measures but you make several shots before it is attracted.
A great advance a continuous real meter paid for social security.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
09/23/2014 6:42 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Roar said:
For me the best advance, after the cure, would be an artificial pancreas.The rest are candies that are giving us occasionally so that we do not complain (and, incidentally, fill our pockets).

But how artificial pancreas do you mean an insulin pump connected to a continuous meter?Because that looks like a pancreas, like an egg to a chestnut.

First for the fattening of carrying cables and sensors inserted, with their corresponding maintenance and operation problems.And second that the islet of the pancreas measures directly from the blood and the continuous meter of the interstitial liquid (10 min delay) and the same with insulin, that the pancreas directly throws it into the blood and the artificial to the fatty tissue, which takeshalf an hour to act.

Because of these things and the lack of several substances that Ernesto said, an artificial pancreas will never adjust too well the most dangerous of diabetes, which are postpandracial glycemia peaks.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
09/23/2014 7:04 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Although they are not clear, they do seem to coincide that certain viral or infectious processes, or other altered states that you have commented, can be triggered.Because?They have no fox, speaking in silver ...

I leave my last entry:

Link

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
09/23/2014 8:51 p.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Tica said:
Pablo Being at 70 is correct, being at 300 is dangerous .... do not speak so lightly of hyperglycemia, that diabetes is not a matter of transitory disease, it is for a lifetime.I see easier to correct a hyper

I am aware, and I prefer to be closer to the 200 usually (thanks to the Dexcom, I can, before I was between 250-350 to avoid the hypos, hemo touching the 10), than of the 100. Without a doubt.Here is another factor that is the "quality" of life, and that is very particular.I with the glucose to 70 I am wrong and the fatal happened -at the same time that is already a good hypo, and 50 a "bestial" hypo for me, of course-, I do not want to go down under any concept of 100, alert, alarm, dangerous, Fanta.But what has been said, each one has their point of view, correcting a hypo (already in it) for me means physically shattered day.A hyper you correct it calmly and without direct effects (another thing is in the long term, of course), but the hyper "hurt me" and the other "will hurt."In my way of life it is unthinkable "flirting" as many do with values ​​of 80-100, a sneezing and hypo ... I cannot do that, nor do I want, I overwhelm and suffer, even if I have means (continuous meter)To try again.

pabloj2000
09/23/2014 8:54 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Jconegar said:
For me it is best to bring the omnipod to Spain, it would be a bombing !!!!!.
I have been sweet for almost 30 years, although no woman has ever told me when trying, ha ha ha, and any of the old roads or pen has never spoiled, if I think to leave insulin in summer in summer inThe car, the PEN is in my pocket and at work I always have a Humalog ball in the drawer with several needles without using it, if they are getting little stuck and insulin measures but you make several shots before it is attracted.
A GREAT ADVANCE A REAL CONTINUOUS METER PAID FOR SOCIAL SECURITY.

Well, do not believe the "omnipod" ... Of course it is an advance (I have had the option to use it, and of course, of the "bombs", it is the only thing that would interest me right now), but you return toput at 300-350 euros per month

At cost 0, that would be a tip :) Come on, at cost 0 ... Omnipod and continuous meter, and we could already applaud with our ears :).

greetings

pabloj2000
09/23/2014 8:58 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Roar said:
But a hypoglycemia is more distressing than being 400, although we all know that 400 is a bestial figure.

Without a doubt, and I say, in certain "painful" cases because sometimes people talk about "hypos" as if nothing ... it is clear that they are not "mine."I have spent many years (before the continueGo to work, come on, you haven't hit an eye.I don't want more.Luckily, for me with the continuous meter they have disappeared, or they are totally isolated, but still I have to "protect" with a level of glucose pulling high.I envy to those who have the glucose to 100 and close their eyes to sleep and wake up at 80 without headaches ... and those who have alarms of 70 to 120 in a continuous meter! But each one suffers their diabetes.

greetings

pabloj2000
09/23/2014 9:05 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Today I write in the Assvidia blog (Diabetes Biscay Association) and is dedicated to those who say that nothing is progressing in diabetes.You just have to compare ...

Link

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
09/24/2014 4:36 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Hansolo precisely I have been with this in tow and I also think that to be 28 years he advances excessively slow, also use pork insulin, the glucometer, the reflolux and I still think that he advances very slowly, also the colored strips that theColor was always the same for many analysis you repeated.I am one of those who still think that there is a lot of money in order to really carry out a serious investigation for transplants.
Are you talking about the PEN that has been an advance?If it has been an advance, but you see logical that to put the insulin in a ball and make a tab rotated have had to take so many years?
It is a personal opinion and respect any other opinion.
The best advance for me but the dexcom, bad?Yes, because it must be subsidized by public health, but the total if a large percentage, better control, less complications, less strips.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
09/24/2014 4:59 a.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Hansolo said:
Today I write in the Assvidia blog (Diabetes Biscay Association) and is dedicated to those who say that nothing is progressing in diabetes.You just have to compare ...
Link

Do you advance?In accessories evidently yes, but more because of the pure advance of the technique than for something else.

What is very sad is that we have been 100 years and the only treatment remains the exogenous insulin injection.Or scientists are much more silly than we believe or there is no real interest in freeing us from the jail that supposes insulin injection.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
09/24/2014 5:25 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Technological advances?In 28 years that I have technological advances for the years that have passed.
The problem I think they really investigate is because there is a lot of money playing with us.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
09/24/2014 5:43 a.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

Hello, thanks for your reflections, I am that when I leave home all day with insulin in the frog I set the ball that I have taken before returning it to the fridge and I put it as "suspicious" hahaha.If it is true that when it is put at 25º and then you refrigerate it again you have to "purge it" because if not the first two units that are injected are not insulin, but of air.But I stay with your experiences, which are more reassuring than the pharmacy clerk.This direct to the fridge huh?And so for 20 years (I have 40).I will look at the "cold portfolio" on the Internet, in case flies.

Regarding the Freestyle, luckily in my particular case I can allocate € 120 to consumables at the moment, so I hope it is at least my entrance door to the continuous measurement and better control.If the market then makes costs reduce, much better for everyone.

Greetings.

DiabetesForo
09/24/2014 8:24 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.