{'en': 'My reflections on diabetes and whatever', 'es': 'Mis reflexiones sobre la diabetes y lo que le rodea'} Image

My reflections on diabetes and whatever

HanSolo's profile photo   06/07/2013 6:59 a.m.

I spent that peak of Lantus once and was the strongest hiccup of his life, pfff scare .., I think he entered directly into vein.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/13/2014 4:38 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I think Freestyle will have a great advantage.I have never managed to convince my wife to prove the continuous measurement for our child.For that price he will do it without problems and then Vera .... (when he is approved for children).Then, if you convince you, you will have to choose which system is better, perhaps Dexcom for night alarms, but we would never try the continuous measurement to the current price of Dexcom, then Abbot will create a gateway to the continuous measurement for many (howus) what would never happen without a cheap continuous meter, then it will see.This is the great advance, which many will prove for the first time the continuous measurement, then the best path will be seen for each one.

Papajesus1's profile photo
Papajesus1
09/14/2014 12:10 p.m.

Padre de Jesús. Bomba insulina y dexcom g4 share. Debut con 18 meses....ya con 7 añitos...Hemo entorno a 7....y mucha lucha diaria.....ya sabéis..poco dormir y bastantes miedos....pero mi niño es feliz luego yo también.

The theme Alarms is the main lack of free with respect to competition.I think especially about parents of children with diabetes and people with asymptomatic hypos.It seems to me that these types of people are better the Dexcom or Medtronic for the safety plus of the alarms, since you cannot look at the device's screen whenever you want.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
09/14/2014 7:02 p.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Hello, watching this video already in "Christian" (it is that in German ....) Link I did not know that it took 1 hour to give the first reading (I understood notHe had "calibration", neither meter nor "time").

On the other hand ... hoping to see the results in belly, side, or similar (more discreet places for spring-summer) although it is also true that now in winter, the arm without problems.

I believe that these meters, certainly they may not work for everyone (some case I have heard of leaving it because "he did not like" although I do not understand it like that), and if "go crazy" with measurements, values ​​...It is a problem, for this, I think that alarms (without being asymptomatic children) can help reduce that "overwhelming", since you can consider it in another way;Do not look at the meter until he asks for it and that is when you take it out of pocket (for low value -insist, giving margin -or high value -here it is not necessary to give margin, what you "like", or by fall inchopped, almost as important as the low alarm).If you don't ask you (Pita) is that everything is fine.It can be another way to download the "responsibility."But well, that is already a approach of mine.

That said, waiting for results in Barriga and other sites, to see who is the first.I believe that there should be no absolutely any problem, I don't see reasons.

Greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
09/17/2014 8:50 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

I already tell you the results lying down, which I sleep from side.Without problems (which others cannot say), and through clothes, without problems.
There is no gut option/ This device is put in the exterior rear area of ​​the arm.

The absence of alarms is not indicated by legs with asymptomatic hypos.But for others, this device is much more precise and safe, from here to Lima.I have been squeezing that in the Easd de Vienna the Medtronic's were "restless pelin" to the new free that has been presented there these days.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
09/18/2014 5:37 a.m.

Today in the blog, the cause of diabetes :-)

Link

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
09/18/2014 5:39 a.m.

Hansolo said:
I already tell you the results lying, I sleep sideways.Without problems (which others cannot say), and through clothes, without problems.
There is no gut option/ This device is put in the exterior rear area of ​​the arm.

The absence of alarms is not indicated by legs with asymptomatic hypos.But for others, this device is much more precise and safe, from here to Lima.I have been scripted that in the Easd de Vienna those of Medtronic were "restless pelin" before the new free that has been presented there these days.

Hello ... not if I do not say it for sleeping, in that aspect I have no problem (Seven Plus, small transmitter).I say it because in the arm, with short sleeve, as I said, it is a "stigma" of the diabetic.Personally the Dexcom put it on the arm or in winter, or when I know that I will not use short sleeve, I do not dare to go outside with "that" put there in sight, because you are a center of attention, yes or yes, although, althoughThere will be people who do not care, and perfect (I speak of my point of view, society is not yet prepared to see "these things").It is clear that it has to work in the belly, no matter how much they say (they also say that the Dexcom only works in a belly, and does not work in the ear because ... :))

About asymptomatic hypos, there I tell you that I agree, but for the rest, and I include myself -asintomatic nothing!Advantages :) For example, to forget to look at her.I do not enter the accuracy - it is great to me - that you are surely right, but that he warns you "when" that is not priced either.One can wake up every day without alarm).Come on, that I do not give up the alarms because I cannot (and I insist, I find out about each and every one of the hypos perfectly), I think that alarms give you much more freedom and of course, better control (you are always aware of yourvalues, even if you look at it).

In fact, it is clear that they are going to get something with alarms (and automatic, which is associated), imperatively.If this is sold as "low cost" (which is not) is that there will be something else, and that more, will be the "complete" version, another thing is that there are no one to pay because it has excellent control of itsGlucose (and not even need it!), But for me, automation in times, is necessary and mandatory, in addition to possible.
Automatic transmission and programmable alarms, and the one who does not want them, that disconnects them, does nothing either!
Another thing is at cost 0 as I said, and I hope it will be so.Against something free, it is impossible to compete.

I am glad that the other manufacturers are scared, that is good! And that they are forced to throw prices, that is better!
If they adjust prices, they already have it solved ... and if they want to sell cheaper, to draw some "receivers" versions without alarms (capados), transmitters at reduced cost ... and do the same but without having to do the "Light "movement (one would be to pass the reader through the arm, another would be to press the button, in any case, you don't know anything until you look at the screen).

Anyway in the long term we will see how everything goes (for me the success of the flash, I insist, depends on the inclusion in the SS, only and exclusively, if not, I see one more option with its pros and cons)

greetings

pabloj2000
09/18/2014 6:29 a.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Also in the Dexcom G4 it says that the placement zones are the abdomen in adults and abdomen and upper part of the buttock in children and not in pregnant women but there are people like Paul who carries it on their arm, pregnant as ethics or I carry itat the height of the hold on one side and it works perfectly, so everything is a matter of trying sites .... I think it also works in the gut

Gala's profile photo
Gala
09/18/2014 11:34 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Hansolo said:
Today in the blog, the cause of diabetes :-)
Link

That is not the cause, what you explain is only the way, a thousand times told, how the body of a diabetic attacks beta.

The cause would be to find because beta cells are altered (virus, inflammation, genetic ..) and become attacked by the body.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
09/18/2014 10:28 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

They told me that if they had given me a scare, a bad news, a cold ...
Come on, doctors had no idea because it can be.What they told me is also that it usually occurs above all in the autumnal era (between September and December) I do not know if it will be true.

BanHop's profile photo
BanHop
09/19/2014 4:27 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Banhop said:
They told me that if they had given me any scare, a bad news, a cold ...
Come on, doctors had no idea because it can be.What they told me also is that it usually occurs above all in the autumn era (between September and December) I do not know if it will be true.

In the case of my son, they also asked us those questions ... and debuted on September 1.Damn the date.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
09/19/2014 9:02 a.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

By the way, what is known about this:
Link
Link

BanHop's profile photo
BanHop
09/19/2014 9:07 a.m.

I also debuted in September!:-EITHER

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
09/19/2014 9:14 a.m.

In July and with 3 years that someone tells me that such a serious thing I could happen to me ..... What my mother gives him many laps is that he says that I never got bad, neither fever, nor vomiting or anything.Until 3 years old that I had very strong angina, with punctured antibiotic.And a month or two months I debuted.

tica's profile photo
tica
09/19/2014 9:41 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Hello, they also asked me and explained the same thing ... but you want to tell you the truth, or what I think, is that of relating it to a "scare", disgust, "shock" and the like ...It is a bit like the horoscope and the seers, that is, all to a greater or lesser extent we can associate it with a fact (except the cases of children who already pull this theory below) ... it is as if the horoscope tells us "theWeek is going well, but be careful, an unforeseen problem will appear ", and they are fixed, ¡¡¡¡¡

greetings

pabloj2000
09/19/2014 10:02 a.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Or when the doctor has no idea what you have and tells you that you have caught a virus.

BanHop's profile photo
BanHop
09/19/2014 10:39 a.m.

They didn't ask me any of that, but come on, I think it's silly ... I debuted on June 3 and very happy with everything, or scares, or dislikes, or anything.And to get bad, because normal, some cold, gastroenteritis, etc., I had never been admitted or anything, I had always been quite healthy.

Laire's profile photo
Laire
09/19/2014 6:27 p.m.

22 años. Tipo 1, debut 06/2014.
22 u. Lantus por las mañanas + Apidra

If they asked me, many years ago, of course.It is documented that both exposure to environmental factors, viral diseases and stress are triggered from the beginning of many autoimmune diseases, having clear genetic predisposition is in the case of diabetes. It is not magic or voodoo.Many things should be given at the same time. Syesomes a set of neurotransmitters, hormones ... A viral infection can produce an "exaggerated" or equivocal response of the autoimmune system. Antibodies attack viruses that have protein sequences similar to that of cellsof our body.or they can cause our immume not discriminated to "what to attack or not".This is documented come on.And deny the relationship of many diseases with stress (intestinal inflammatory, fibromyalgia ...) that exist are major words, I think.

beti's profile photo
beti
09/20/2014 2:06 p.m.

It seems that there is a statistical evidence between the Enterovirus and the DB1 and the mechanism is due to cross immunity between the virus cover and the cover of the Beta pancreatic cell.
I come from two families of allergic (by father and mother) so it is clear that I had more numbers of the lottery than others .... By the way of debuting on December 22 ... I could have already touched me althoughIt was a reimbursement instead of a debut: (((

ernesto's profile photo
ernesto
09/20/2014 3:56 p.m.

DM1 Lada debut 22/12/2013 con 55 años

My daughter debuted a month after an infection with a Coxackie virus, which would not have any importance if it was not for what she disagreed.I do not understand how a vaccine has not been obtained, if it is known that this type of virus is a cause of type1 ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/20/2014 8:55 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.