{'en': 'My reflections on diabetes and whatever', 'es': 'Mis reflexiones sobre la diabetes y lo que le rodea'} Image

My reflections on diabetes and whatever

HanSolo's profile photo   06/07/2013 6:59 a.m.

Thanks for your answers!

Hansolo said:

It is a problem that the sensors take off, look where you look.Logical?Well, relatively.Maybe I would say better than "expected" seeing what happens to the rest.But they should work in that aspect.

Well, I think that "working" in that is delicate, 14 days seems almost impossible, and if you have to walk very carefully from the 4 day you don't rub with clothes because it is half fallen (as happens toall), neither does it seem appropriate.

Today, and in a long time, it is time to manage to have it stuck.

Hansolo said:

The gut always has more sweating than the arm.Therefore, I keep my arm as the best option.

Yes, it has better sweat, but remember the "stigma" of carrying "that" and its corresponding bandages in one arm.I don't care, and more in Galicia that are 3-4 months, I could endure, but it is certainly a stigma to take that in sight, or perhaps they only look at me if I carry the sensor in my arm and mangaCut

Hansolo said:

It is continuous full -fledged measurement.Do not see it in the receiver more than when you escape, it is a detail that differentiates it.But reading is continuous.The concept of these devices is called continuous measurement because they measure continuously, not continuous visualization.And this ABBOTT apparatus reads continuously, even many more times than the Dexcom that you defend with such vehemence.and that the Guardian.

Yes, it is a continuous measurement that is true, but not only does not show it continuously, but also lacks the convenient alarms and trends, that is, you do not receive any warning before a change of tendency that you have programmed, or a certain levelof glucose reached.Continuous measurement on demand as you say, or deferred.

Without a doubt, if you read more frequently than the Dexcom, much more, and Navigator 2 (sorry, I talked about the Guardian but I am confused, I mean Navigator 2, which also reads more than the Dexcom).It is not that defending Dexcom, moreover, I do not defend the G4 for example, I defend what I have, because I do very well ... Dexcom takes advantage of what he has, and instead of giving us more, he gives us less.Personally, Dexcom has saved my life, of being "lost" to having moderately clear the way.Nothing else.

Hansolo said:

Well, looking at the Dexcom or Medtronic screen is not only simple, but convenient.Waiting for me to be because I am in hypoglycemia is in my opinion an error.A hypoglycemia is by definition a failure of therapy, with all the asterisks you want to put to this phrase.And you have to avoid them yes or yes.That the device whips me the same: I cannot wait for that value to arrive.And any of the existing 3 now allows us to avoid it.That is the advantage of having a continuous meter: avoid glycemic peaks, both above and below, and anticipate.

If I give you the reason that it is convenient to look at it (Dexcom or Abbott Navigatorii, I insist, my mistake talking about, I get a mess), but sometimes it is sometimes lazy.In what you are in a clear mistake is to whistle in "hypoglycemia" ... severe error.For my dexcom it has some defects, of course (economic the first) but another for example, that the alarm cannot be put to more than 100¡¡ ¡¡¡¡¡than ridiculous.
I have a "alarm" of hip in 100, which for another person is normal, it gives me a little time to react and see where I am ... obviously, put an alarm at 60, or wait for the 55 of the Dexcom,It seems to me a mistake, just as I understand diabetes, another that is very fine will do well.

Of course, the alarms are avoided ... you are sleeping, you whistle and you are 95 .... Well, I go and as something, with 95 and 6 hours ahead I do not risk closing my eyes.That is why the alarms are useful, each one puts what he considers for their rhythm of life, I have 100 and 260 high ... another will put 60 and 180 ... perfect, it does not work for me, but to another yes,Nothing to object.

The same thing you say is something that with the ABBOTT you will not be able to avoid ... the hypoglycemia ... at night, forget, do not have that warning, not that you have reached 50, if not that you have reached 100 andLook "where are you" (arrows, etc).You are going to wake up with hypoglycemia and period, and that, as you say is a failure, I tell you because I also know.If I put the Dexcom to 60, I am not at anything, I am already in hiccups, binge, upload and everything we want, but at 100 ... to 100 if I react calmly.

The Dexcom will avoid that nocturnal hypo ... the Navigator too ... the flash ... I don't know how.

And I say it again, years ago I took a fanta with 50 ... now I take it with 120 and 2 arrows going down! That not only whips the scheduled level ... also the 2 arrows ... because you can bein 120 and 2 drops of descent, and that it is necessary because it is necessary!

All of that is what is lost with the flash, which I understand that many are not important, I do not judge anyone, in my case it is vital :)

Hansolo said:

What an obsession.You are just as "slave" looking at your dexcom who spending free through the arm.The difference is a simple gesture of more in free ... and thousands of euros less in your pocket with respect to mine XDDDDD
>

Well, if you say, nothing to object ... as I say, sometimes I whistle and being "absorbed" in my hobby, "step" (as well as I have that "margin" of alarm to 100, then...), If you think that being in my hobby without anyone notifying me, I'm going to "pass it" well ... I already tell you that I don't, I forget, and hypo the song (because it already happens to the Dexcom when "Reniego"To look at him, and see what my wife tells me .... Look at it.)

Hansolo said:

I go on a motorcycle and never recommend that practice.Unless you are one of those few people who have completely asymptomatic and very fulminant hypoglycemia (I don't know, you are still in that group).That type of people simply should stop driving (and in fact the law can prohibit it if that happens to them).In the other cases, I do not see at all necessary to look at the value.You look at it before starting ... You can look at it when you make a stop on your way ... or if it is a trip, stop expressly to look at the blood glucose (recommended).But going looking at the device ... is exaggerated and unnecessary.

No, luckily in 16 years I never lost knowledge or used glucagon (only a few days after debuting and in the class of the educator I fell, I had no idea), remember that it is more dangerous that has hemoglobin "Perfect "than the one who has it high and constant values ​​much higher.
I assure you that if you use a field motorcycle, you sweat and exercise, and you can perfectly take a hiccGet hand in a pocket or if you carry the bag, click on top, as if you changed the radio station), of course, measure blood glucose with a motorcycle capillary meter and running, impossible, and with the flash, easier, easier, moreBut neither is very comfortable, that is "mess" -impossible if you take it on the left side because you have to use the other arm- .. for me it is not exaggerated, but what is said, there will be people who have it at stable levels everythingThe weather, and will not even need a meter of these, which will be!

Hansolo said:

The concept of expensive and cheap is subjective.That must be taken into account.But for a majority of people, I understand that any expense is expensive, because things are as they are.€ 120 per month is money and many will not be able to afford it, but infinitely more bearable than their twocompetitorsIf I have to choose right now, I do not doubt me a millisecond.

If you are clear, nothing to object to me, then it is clear that the device is the best for you.Of money, of course it is subjective ... and especially when you are unemployed like the present ... believe me that if I don't want to do something it is "wicked" money.Can't.

Hansolo said:

If any zero cost gives them to me, I am left with the free.It has demonstrated more accuracy than competitors.both in the official figures given by brands and in the independent studies that have been made, where the Navigator was above.The G4 is smaller now, but it is still a dead.And that of Medtronic screams for both hardware (pump housing, pump miniplop, amazing) and software.Free does not need to calibrate, it guarantees exact values ​​from day 1 to 14, lasts more its sensor (without artificial stretching full of ??? and incongruous values), the sensor is more comfortable to carry, lighter, do not find out thanYou carry it, the AGP management software is better with its trend indication algorithms, the applicator is in-child-ta-men better than Dexcom and much better than Medtronic ... I better leave it there, that IThe fingers hurt.

That said, your posture, in addition, of palpable (the economic "condition" is no longer useful), I think it is your device.

Hansolo said:

That is like saying that a Pentium is better than a quad core.It has been more than clear that free is above benefits, accuracy, cost, maintenance, etc.Will you not have dexcom Inc actions?I start thinking about it :-)

Already ... I understand you ... a pentium with alarms or a quadcore without them ... I suppose it depends on what each one needs.

By the way, I am going to tell you one thing talking about those actions ... yesterday I gave order, although it was not finally executed by not reaching my price, to buy about 3000 euros of Abbot, as you hear it ... because I think it has a future, not now, not this one, but it will go entering the SS and will grow.Dexcom actions?I had to have bought them 5 years ago ... and I will buy them, but not now, it's not the time ... we're going to wait for the downturn, and then yes :).Curious not ... criticizing Abbott, and buying actions from them ... is like this :)

Hansolo said:

It gives the feeling as this progress gives you rage, really.€ 60 The receiver, € 60 the sensor.There are no deceptions.I understand that it hurts, but it is like when I bought my laptop (from which I write to you now).It was an HP cucumber, all luxury on the outside and benefits inside.But 5 years have passed and today I am looking for another because it cannot with many programs.It is what there is, Pablo.We cannot fight that.The numbers are incontestable.And free wins by the others: 1000 to 59. That is the result of the game in which Abbott wins (well, there is more than 1000 what the Dexcom costs).And here there are no emitters to change, which is another shameful sablazo every year.

Believe me, not at all!Of bread, good are cakes ... but I speak in my case that I need, imperative, continuous measurement with alarms, alarms, most importantly, alarms!

Without a doubt, what you say about the devices and prices, very good for Abbott ... but I wait per year for the ABBOTT Navigator 3 that is with the same technology but continuous measurement (if they have the sensor, which transmits!And if you have to pay transmitter, it is paid, in exchange for real measurement, I pay it, I have no choice).

But if you tell me "anger for progress" ... well sometimes, I have it .. foreg, the Dexcom G4 ... Of course it gave me anger!Of course, they reduce the size of the receiver (what we carry in the pocket), the receiver puts a beautiful screen with small numbers and that to the sun, then ... (remember the motorcycle!), the transmitter,Apart from its size, they go and reduce life about 3 times! And then the performance is almost traced ... ok, it reaches 6 meters instead of 1 ... the only clear advance at the expense of everything.Well yes, that gives me angry! And it gives me more anger, because when it ends whatever the Seven Plus, it turns out that I have to jxxer and swallow with that ... even more anger!

And if I complain about Dexcom, I complained about Abbott ... I expected a continuous measurement, Abbott can, he has his Navigatorii ... and they will get it out, fixed.Because that medication that Abbott takes out has ballots to go to the SS ... Dexcom is American, and here few interests he has.

Hansolo said:

The good thing about all this - I don't know if I said it here or elsewhere, I have answered this post one hour - is that we will all benefit from this novelty.Or the others move or the market is abbott.And the prices are what they are.If there are sales, they do not go up.It is the law of supply and demand.

Well, I also want it to be so!If now comes the Navigator III, to me give DexcomI don't think it's short term.In other words, the user of a Dexcom or a Navigator II I do not think he feels encouraged to change to the flash, he will not win anything, and lose a lot.Economic issue apart.Perhaps for the one that among this in this, it will be an intermediate jump and step.But what was said, hopefully the other meters are accumulated on shelves and are sold at the balance price, sensors, and the used market is filled with machines and sensors ...

Hansolo said:

I am clear (and I have also said this to the questions they have asked me somewhere) that the SNS will put the sensors in their benefits.Because on the one hand, there are already studies that support that the continuous measurement allows to improve the control of diabetes, and on the other, because certain type 1 (eye, an MCG is not suitable for all) will be assumed to give 2 sensors per monthinstead of 4 boxes of strips (as they give me right now).If today I had to go to the pharmacy for material paying me from my pocket, I would spend € 200 on strips against € 120 in free sensors.Striking, right?Against science you cannot fight.And it is inevitable that these consumables end up entering the SNS.Although it will cost.

I think it is the post that has taken me the most time in the many years that I have been in this for forums ...

Yes, I hope it is so, because it not only allows to improve control, it gives an impressive quality of life that is what worries me and before I did not have.What bothers me is that the flash will give it to the SS (eye, it does not bother me for the users, huh?) I bother me, that if they give me 6 boxes a month of strips (cost 270 euros according to what it marksThe paper that they send me), with less of that money (198 euros a month) I could have the dexcom and paid me from my pocket, and the device, even the transmitter ... we all won.But square heads do not see this, and surely they need a couple of trips to the Caribbean, an iPhone for their wife and an iPad for your child ... Not to mention a bicycle of 5000 euros.And we understand each other.But hey, the important thing is to start and they will do it for the flash ... hopefullyThen the range of choice is extended, such as strips.

I'm glad I made you pound the keyboard for a while! :) I love to exchange opinions ... and I have time!

greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
09/12/2014 12:25 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

I'm glad I made you pound the keyboard for a while!

greetings

pabloj2000
09/12/2014 12:29 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Thank you very much Hansolo!Great review and very useful !!The truth is that after reading a lot about the Dexcom G4 and the free for me the second wins.And I say for me because the needs and tastes that I have do not have to be the same worldwide.I am left with that:
1. More economical, although not cheap.
2. No need to calibrate during the day.
3. I would save many punctures on my fingers (which are already a few after 16 years).
4. It doesn't stand out much or that seems, and I like it.
5. A lot of reliable for what I see and with values ​​very close to the real ones.
5. It does not have those alarms that would make me nerves.Luckily I don't usually have many declines so I don't need them

And a question, could I put it in the "interior" part of the arm?That is, the one that at first glance, having the arms in a normal position, is not seen.Since I avoid for all the ways that the pump is seen, I would also prefer that this one would not be seen.

Thanks again for the info.Greetings

lalala8's profile photo
lalala8
09/12/2014 12:32 p.m.

Dando guerra desde 1993 - DM1 desde 1998 - Bombera desde noviembre 2013.

Pabloj2000 I hope this does not become a war as it happens between users of Apple and Android.Each defending the apparatus that has been bought.

And from what you say I think you are a user with very specific needs that can better go a meter with continuous viewing, but most do not have them and we prefer the advantages of the Abbot meter a million times.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
09/12/2014 5:57 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

I think like Sherpa41, to you, Pablo, the Dexcom is better for the theme of alarms.But as well as many of us who do not have the problem of hypos, we do not seem fundamental alarms and we prefer free freestyle for its price and because initially it does not imply a great outlay (and later either).In fact, when I spoke a few months ago with my endocrine about Dexcom, one of the things he told me to dissuade me to buy it was the issue that I was going to this "implanted" with the alarms

Greetings and that there is peace

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/12/2014 6:20 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello, I think you are going to be right ... I may make the mistake of thinking that what is going well for me to go (or compensate) to others ... It is as if I thought my insulin, or myGuidelines would have the same effect on others, when we know that each one has "their" diabetes.
The alarms, or rather "notices" - it is already pituring me, I am going to eat something :) - for me - and I emphasize for my- are one of the requirements for my continuous measurement, which I understand that others canNot interest him (or simply not compensate for paying the difference in cost for that).In my case, if I turn off the alarms (which can be done without problems, they are "voluntary") I have a continuous and real time measurement that ... it does not help me much, or in other words, it is not so bearable.

I hope that they soon give it free, and I wait for Abbott's Navigator III, because technology has been for a long time.

greetings

pabloj2000
09/12/2014 7:05 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Basket on the base that I like the new ABBOTT apparatus.A lot.Above all, in front of the current MCG, for their precision and by the size of the issuer.That is the way to follow (I hope that one day a subcutaneous chip will arrive).
Peeeeroooo ...
For those who have never used Dexcom (or other), it is difficult to understand what the issue of alarms means:
- First, because they are not alarms.When the alarm level is reached (set by each one) or the invariable fixed (below 55) or a sudden variation, the receiver you carry in the vibrate pocket 2 or 3 shakes.Nothing else.I don't whistle.My son has started the school and for the first time he carries the Dexcom.He has already vibrated in class and nobody has learned except him, who took the opportunity to take a glucose envelope.
If you ignore that notice (pressing a button), at 5 minutes it vibrates again and already pita (a short time, the truth).And so follow every 5 minutes until you pay attention to him and give him to the Botoncito.
I also thought that alarms would be crazy.No, they are your guardian angel.
- For those of us who have children with diabetes ... The nights!I don't know other parents.I have not slept in 3 years or a single full night until we have had the Dexcom.It is so.I know that it is not the case of all.But I don't know if my son would wake up with a hypo.We have not given him occasion.But we had found it with 40 and a peak and was still totally asleep (he for the day does feel the hypos, before that value of 40 and peak).You can imagine that knowing that it reaches those values ​​and does not wake up, because you put the alarm clock to check every night a couple of times.With the Dexcom this is over.And that is worth what Dexcom costs and more (for me).

The new ABBOTT device does not solve this.Just as it does not solve Paul's requirements.And if they do not solve the same, it is nonsense to compare them.Each serves what serves, with its advantages and disadvantages.
If they manufacture a free freestyle with alarms, I pay at Dexcom's price with closed eyes.Because, of course, I could no longer live without something similar to what Dexcom offers me.

A last note, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry.You all remember the unfortunate and sad incident of the bus kid.Only one of these systems could have served for something (both warning the kid and those who were close or the driver).The other is not.
And let's not say when the system is associated with the mobile and can send warnings to relatives in certain cases, with GPS position included.How much is a life?Buff!Blessed alarms.

That said, I think that the fantastic Oscar review (thanks again) only fails in one thing: the Abbott system is not better for children and young people than an MCG.And it won't be as long as the alarms do not implement.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
09/13/2014 6:15 a.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

Aaandres, which is not that one is better than another, but that one is more indicated for some cases and another for other cases.For those of us who have no hypos problems, we have plenty of the Dexcom alarms and even a lower price and with a less bulky sensor and more accurately in the measures !!!

It is clear that in your case and in that of many others, free freeyle is not for you.

It is nonsense to continue with this controversy, is to continue dizzy the partridge

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/13/2014 6:43 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Joseludi, thanks for summarizing my words.I usually lengthen too much.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
09/13/2014 6:56 a.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

The truth is that, in children, Dexcom is a huge reassination, (if I had it .., pfff).Now, my daughter, what he values ​​most is a discreet sensor ... and if he notified of hypos, much better, of course.
Let's see if we soon have an intermediate one, with the advantages of one and the other.
The most important thing is what this is moving !!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/13/2014 9:12 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

To me the dexcom alarms put me black, and no, you cannot remove the one of 55 .. I whip me with 70 and by much caliber it continues to whistle ... and I repeat ... I have well calibrated the basal of the basal of theNight that I can risk spending between 70-80 why do I have to take half juice and get up at 100 because I can't take that warning?Or why is it so conservative that the low values ​​exaggerates them? Many nights I have turned off, staying without alarms and without the values ​​and trends.I have always said the Dexcom alarms are shit!Or do not be you, 55 hiccup, dexcom brand 40 or directly, you correct, you are fine.At 20 minutes alarm because you are below 55, you look at yourself, 100 calibers, 20 minutes whistle ... ahhh despair ... as for light, 2 and a half months I sell it ... someone wants it?

tica's profile photo
tica
09/13/2014 10:11 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Lalala8 said:
And a question, could I put it in the "interior" part of the arm?That is, the one that at first glance, having the arms in a normal position, is not seen.Since I avoid for all the forms that the pump is seen, I would also prefer that this one did not see me.

In principle no.The area is the rear-lateral arm (exactly where we put insulin).That is what Abbott says.And apparently they do not recommend anything else.It will be calibrated there.And seeing how accurate it is, you better not change site ...

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
09/13/2014 12:58 p.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Aaandres said:
Said all this, I think that the fantastic Oscar review (thanks again) only fails in one thing: the ABBOTT system is not better for children and young people than an MCG.And it won't be as long as the alarms do not implement.

I understand you.Alarms give tranquility to:

1. People with asymptomatic hypoglycemia (I already said it)
2. People with very frequent hypoglycemia (that is the result of bad control and can be corrected, so including it here is very debatable).
3. People with bestial glycemic variability (for example, children).

Obviously, I understand parents, because an alarm in time can avoid hypoglycemia.And in a child at school, parents give the peace of mind.And at night the same.But I have not said in my review that the free is better than the Dexcom.I just say that children are perfect users for this type of devices.But "children" enter those who are convenient to go with a dexcom like those that - by their diabetes, their life, their physiology, and a thousand more personal variables - can suffice a continuous meter that does not notice (for example, to children more childrenolder).Both systems are fundamental to give parents a little peace of mind.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
09/13/2014 1:03 p.m.

As many people with acceptably good control - alarms do not serve me absolutely anything.In fact, when I have had the continuous meters I took them off soon, being really unbearable at night whistling without stopping.I lie at safety values ​​around 120-160 and I get up between 60 and 90. That means that I spend midnight with normoglycemic values ​​below 100, with the soft and controlled hypoglycemic effect caused by the Lantus (whichIn the theory it drops about 10mg/dl/hour).Therefore, many other people with acceptable control do not serve us alarms because they are whistling all night.And during the day ... why do I want to wait for me to get if I can look at the screen (and would do it frequently)?Only in specific cases in which you cannot look at your meter (for example, it occurs to me in certain jobs or with children at school, where parents are not present) it may be usefulAt least, due to the temporary lag), but if not, it is not a primary function for the bulk of the population with diabetes.
In my opinion, what would ask for an MCG system is that it is composed only of a sensor.And that the rest of the system is an app and my own mobile.I do not want additional hit that they do not give me more info than the one that would give me an app on my mobile.But time passes and still does not take it out.I had news from moderately reliable sources that Medtronic was going to get a continuous meter without receiver;Only sensor and app on the mobile.But he hasn't done it.No one does.Abbott either.I imagine that they are not interested.But it is inevitable that they do it in the short term.And the MCG will be even more comfortable.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
09/13/2014 1:12 p.m.

Thanks @hansolo for the answer.Regarding the last thing you say, the truth is that I would not let my continuous controls depend on my mobile phone because we already know how most of the smartphones of today go.If the battery does not last a day to do even more expense of it looking every 2x3 glucose levels ... I think it is fine that the MCGs carry their own receiver, yes, they should reduce the sizes and make them less spectacularWell, a big screen is not necessary.And of course, their own receptors are whenever they are not worth what Dexcom G4 is worth.

lalala8's profile photo
lalala8
09/13/2014 2:20 p.m.

Dando guerra desde 1993 - DM1 desde 1998 - Bombera desde noviembre 2013.

Hello.Obviously we are concluding that these systems have a recipient that can be totally different, as in everything related to diabetes, you cannot say something "universally."

After the last messages, in which there are different opinions and needs, I would make a simile (automatic change = dexcom, navigator; manual = abbott):

-A "healthy" person can drive a car with manual change but also with automatic change, I think (and it is my opinion, but there may be cases that are not so) that we would all be great with the automatic, because in addition, you can driveIn manual if you want ... but another thing is that we are all willing to pay that extra for automatic change (which is more expensive), so that in the end, we almost all circulate with "manual" cars and giving the lever (Although if they gave us that accessories, in general - except for driving - they would accept it tasty)

-A person who unfortunately lacks the left arm, can drive a manual car, of course with inconveniences, efforts and some danger when using the right hand to change march, but would circulate.This person is going to buy and pay the car with automatic change because for it, it is a difference not only justified, but also infinitely safer.

Now, I suppose that every "diabetic" will be put in one case or another (and there will even be whoever wants to go by bicycle because his whole life did and does not need more!), Personally, I would be the second case to which in which in"My diabetes" I lack that "arm."

Returning to alarms ... In the case of Dexcom, the only one that cannot be removed is that of 55, although that sounds like "nuclear alarm" :) if I get there.I understand that the one who spins very fine, very fine ... the Dexcom can effectively "dizzy", is true ... I try to keep it at "high" levels, never below 100, and on the margins that I move(I insist, tall, I assume and know him) I have no problem with the alarm, except for one day of those that Hansolo has described in his blog, that what you do, you have it at 95 ... You take a fanta... Go up to 130 and at 30 minutes 2 arrows going down again to 90 ... and of course, whistle until you get bored because you are not able to upload it ... or other times you are high, and you are not able to lower it.But it is the price to pay, at least for me.

Of course, I do not understand - another absurd failure of Dexcom, which does not affect me by the aforementioned, but absurd - that the alarm of 55 cannot be disconnected ... it is a simple bit, 0 or 1. ridiculous.The same thing I commented not to be able to put more than 100 in the minimum, why?

On the response of the fellow Hansolo about the alarms and to those who give them peace of mind, I agree, we can even add those that we have panic (I include myself, and that is why I prefer to always be high and have margin, I "hurt the hypos" hurt me"And they leave me fatal, I fear you, a nightly hypo and the next day I am for the drag).
Also point out that case 2, with frequent hypos, and that it is the result of bad control, it can be, or not (remember, anxiety, nervousness, stress ... that is impossible to control it, and many affects us, you can evenSwear to Gota Gorda without moving with tension, and glucose or I tell you), and I don't think it can always be corrected.And in addition, I propose, if you can correct (with the consequent effort or necessary changes that you may "overcome"), because doing so if you do not need it to be so?For me, Dexcom gives quality of life renouncing to have to do many things that were previously "forced" compliance, and now they are not, since there are no consequences (you advance).I think a diabetic wants to live well like any other person, and the MGC helps it, I don't think it'sJust that this possibility must be renounced if technology allows it.If a machine can give you much more margin, or allow you to do things that you cannot otherwise, it is an advance, and necessary.A person who lacks a leg and has a prosthesis of (for saying something) 1000 euros that moves as he can and who are forbidden to run because he will stick it, because we are going to deny a prosthesis of 6000 euros withWhat could you run?I think the goal is that, that lives as well as possible, although I can "live" without running and a "Patapalo".

I understand that there are people with very good controls in diabetes, strict schedules, sports, etc ... But there are people who may not be the same, for one or the other reason.Believing that everyone can be as the first, it can be like thinking that Dexcom is the best device for everyone :).Many years ago, at first, I tried the impossible ... I did not work, I abandoned, and with the dexcom, voila! Without doing anything else (nothing), acceptable levels, we have acceptable, my schedules (not those ofDiabetes), my meals, etc ... Therefore ... In short, not everything can be corrected, and if you can, it may not be interested if we have the technology to make our "effort."

Nor do I agree (but these are secondary issues) with the issue of using mobile for these needs.Again, the needs of each one are different, I would not give me absolutely anything, it would stop carrying another device, to have to carry a portable charger on top, on top to work with "applications" that something that can be simple such as passing theAbbott for the sensor, as it launches an application, enters, looks, blocks "(which you have many open applications) ...

Personally, and it is personally, I am of a device, as small as possible and with the longest battery life, independent and autonomous.The best, the 2 options, and each one who chooses.Ahhhh, and monochrome screws! With large numbers (ABBOTT success with free), the important thing is that the information looks good, not that it is presented "pretty".
And what was said, in the case of Dexcom (or future Abbott Navigator III) those precious transmitters by Wifi or Bluetooth will have some batteries that will last 2 news, and pay 400 euros every 2 or 3 months, that is going tobe a fiasco, for being able to use the mobile, unless the logical, replaceable batteries, which they can do.So they transmit as they want.

Anyway ... what was said, each with "your" diabetes and how to understand it :)

pabloj2000
09/13/2014 2:26 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Hansolo said:
with the soft and controlled hypoglycemic effect caused by the lantus (which in the theory lowers about 10mg/dl/hour)

Look up to what extent each is a world ... the lantus, to me, causes me to graze the pants that are curves ... more or less at 45 minutes/1 hour of putting it, something that seems impossible according toIts supposed effect (in fact thanks to Dexcom I distributed it in 2 doses, even a time up to 3, which was going well, but it was a mess and now I am trying to return to 1 since my rhythm changed ... all this with an excellentEndocrine, huh?), And what seems that you had put 12 uds of fast insulin.He puts Dexcom by whistling with 2 arrows very frequently.Impressive, and if low, the rest of the upper day ... and if I upload it, always prepared at the time for that bestial descent that if it takes you away from home puts you into a mess (because it is a descent that costs a lot to overcome,very persistent and resistant).I would like it to be as soft as the theory that is ... last last, there is no doubt, but that descended!I said ... each with "your" diabetes ...

greetings

pabloj2000
09/13/2014 2:42 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Paul, do you put the lantus?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/13/2014 3:37 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

Hi Regina ... the lantus put it in the "hits", always, I cannot put it somewhere else (being quite quantity, most of the time, or unbearable pain, or "balls" after the pain that isWorse, or directly bold ...), In my case, small amounts -rapida- arms or belly without problems ... large amounts always "culete".

If, as you say the absorb very fast, inexplicably, with that exaggerated peak at 45 minutes/1 hour in the fast style ... and then very soft the rest of its 20-24 hours of life.But that peak is a matador (in my case) although with the Dexcom I control it (without him, it would be hipay after hypo and no one would suspect the Lantus)

Greetings

pabloj2000
09/13/2014 4:05 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

And do you put it with short needle?Maybe with a 5 mm is enough for you, ... it is in case you are injected near the capillaries ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/13/2014 4:31 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.