{'en': 'My reflections on diabetes and whatever', 'es': 'Mis reflexiones sobre la diabetes y lo que le rodea'} Image

My reflections on diabetes and whatever

HanSolo's profile photo   06/07/2013 6:59 a.m.

Well, the Abbott that the Dexcom convinces me more, and I have the dexcom ....

I notice the hypos without problems, even at night, and I hate the alarms .... especially the one to 55, at night when I am 70 ... I ended up turning off the Dexcom and I stay without the alarms and without thevalues ​​... and that you say that it is reliable ... well ... each one we will have our criteria, but between 90 and 150 well, from there I look because the difference can be elegant .... IIt costs to get the values ​​correctly when I try to be fair.

tica's profile photo
tica
09/04/2014 2:28 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

The most important thing is that it works and I think the results will be good.The most important thing that little by little there is a small price war and all prices go down.
Everyone according to their characteristics is better for us.
I trust that technology is better and will be reliable.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
09/04/2014 2:28 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Ahhh I think that Google wearables, the 360 ​​motor

tica's profile photo
tica
09/04/2014 2:32 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Link You have the photo of the sensor

Virgin that I am as I am!That is impossible :)

Of course it is clear that each one is a world, in the Dexcom (I am "hooked" to my Seven Plus, and for at least 2 more years, and I do not change voluntarily, and to me if it is going great, but it will be for mecontrol and what I demand), and because not ... it could also be with the flash, that is, there could be people who do well, who is not, to whom the sensor bothers him .... that by the way, glycemia meters remember that "the clamp" is also going "¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡” The clear ”example” ... 2 ”g” g ”d ”, one after another, and one gives you 186 and another 218... And the "Dexcom" as it is very ready, tells you that you are 202, which is "false" but it is so.

Everything will be seen shortly, and hopefully it is a revolution that forces the competition to throw prices.

Banhop, the receiver ... really as it is mcg real, you put the patch in the belly, the receiver in the belt at less than 20cm and by software that read the reading every 5 minutes (something you cando manually, but because not automatically, being less than 20 cm?).That is why I believe that the flash is a "Capado" MCG, and when they sell us the "complete" it will be more expensive but simply because of the software (although they want to sell a different hardware).

You could also put the sensor on the forearm for example, and by simply walking, that passed in the movement of the hand near the receiver in the belt ... it is already ... measurement continues every 5 seconds.They are teaching us what interests them.

greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
09/04/2014 5:56 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

I understand everyone in your positions.It is true that it is always better continuous measurement than "continuous-discontinuous".But I think there are many people to whom this system can serve (I include).What I want is affordable price.If Abbott presents me with something "almost" mcg at an infinitely lower price, because for him (still, we talk about 120 euros/month, which is not turkey mucus, huh!).The prices to which Dexcom and Medtronic charge are barbarity to look where you look.
Instead, if you put me at the same Dexcom price ... I would think about it, as it would also think if it is worth taking that sensor+emitter larger than Abbott's.We don't know anything yet.Today I put it on and I will tell you.I have very hopeful in this.I hope what you say here is fulfilled and that in not much they take out the real MCG version.It can be done.As you can also eliminate the receiver of all these pots and use our smartphone (what do Dexcom and Medtronic expect ???).I have been read that Medtronic was preparing his guardian in "Lite": only sensor.With your mobile and an app was already.Important savings for us, I thought.But I'm still waiting for that ... why?I would prefer to sell a thousand dexcom or guardian at 10 to 50.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
09/05/2014 4:23 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Well, or on the wrist a clock could be the solution too and the one I see closer.It would not be a luxury to look at the clock and see the sugar.

BanHop's profile photo
BanHop
09/05/2014 4:27 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

But a clock is non -invasive.And that raises much more technical difficulty.There is currently the Glucotrack, with the clamp in the ear, but it is punctual measurement.I am testing it for the manufacturer and has multiple advantages for many people, or for young children, for example.But logically, it cannot offer the precision of the invasive measurement, and this in turn cannot offer the precision of the capillary ...

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
09/05/2014 4:47 a.m.

Today, "forget insulin, an unforgivable error."

Link

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
09/05/2014 5:32 a.m.

I still prefer that the receiver is something apart, not a smartphone.I would not like to depend on the current phones and their battery, or that suddenly I stop working (it has happened to me) and I was left without measurements.
I prefer another device apart with a battery that lasts a lot and that is small.A clock could be very good and would be very comfortable (although it is surely not very aesthetic but that is another theme hahaha).

Laire's profile photo
Laire
09/05/2014 11:32 a.m.

22 años. Tipo 1, debut 06/2014.
22 u. Lantus por las mañanas + Apidra

Here you have the first video I have made with the free freestyle on my YouTube channel.The device is simple and very result.For practical purposes, an MCG if you take away your alarms.Now, to compare figures and see its accuracy.I put the tester suit and try it thoroughly during these days

Link

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
09/05/2014 1:32 p.m.

You were Altillo.But very happy that you try it.Tell us your experience.All the best.

Papajesus1's profile photo
Papajesus1
09/05/2014 1:44 p.m.

Padre de Jesús. Bomba insulina y dexcom g4 share. Debut con 18 meses....ya con 7 añitos...Hemo entorno a 7....y mucha lucha diaria.....ya sabéis..poco dormir y bastantes miedos....pero mi niño es feliz luego yo también.

Clear.I will count on Facebook and do more exhaustive analyzes on the blog.You will find out everything.:-)

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
09/05/2014 2 p.m.

I hope to have it in two weeks and they didn't tell me any novelty about what has been commented here.
So when I have it already commenting

ernesto's profile photo
ernesto
09/05/2014 2:33 p.m.

DM1 Lada debut 22/12/2013 con 55 años

Hansolo said:
Here you have the first video I have made with the free freestyle on my YouTube channel.The device is simple and very result.For practical purposes, an MCG if you take away your alarms.Now, to compare figures and see its accuracy.I put the tester suit and try it thoroughly during these days

Link

Hello, we look forward to impressions ... can you put in another place other than the arm?In summer it can be a bit "intrusive", in winter surely without problems.
The insertion?bothers the needle?Does it show "needle"?weight?

The operation of course seems very simple.I think like Laire, that I do not like the receiver to be lost to use a mobile (neither the flash, nor the Dexcom that in the future will be like that), I think they are more problems than advantages.

greetings

pabloj2000
09/05/2014 3:01 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Hansolo said:
For practical purposes, an MCG if you take away your alarms.
Look at what you comment ... that guardian or dexcom, instead of lowering their prices, surely they go and do a semi-mcg like the flash: the receiver is eliminated alarms and ready!Instead of passing the receiver through the sensor, simply press any key to obtain the same (and more complete since the measures are automatically received).And they sell that at the price of the flash.Direct competition.Of course, they would surely devise it to modify the sensors to prevent those who want MCG to buy and use them, cheaper (the one who wants real mcg to pay), because the reality, is that they would be the same sensors!

The industry is very damn.

greetings

pabloj2000
09/05/2014 3:05 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

The industry is to earn money, Pablo.The good thing about all this is that the competition that is now starting with several systems will make everyone win.I am almost convinced that both Dexcom and Medtronic will have to take into account the price policy that the new Abbott device has set.Yahí is where we can probably benefit the potential users of these companies.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
09/05/2014 9:48 p.m.

I have decided to centralize the questions about Glucotrack and Freestyle Free on the blog.Leave your questions about these devices.Thus we can all enrich ourselves by centralizing information.

Link

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
09/05/2014 9:50 p.m.

I can't see the video, but if you wear the sensor on your arm, can you read it with clothes? Can't you put on your wrist?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/05/2014 10:02 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Regina, puts itself in the lateral-water area of ​​the arm, where we put insulin, to understand each other.And you can read with clothes on, of course.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
09/08/2014 4:09 a.m.

Ah, okay, if it is with clothes on, I understand it. Say us telling how you see it.Thank you so much!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/08/2014 1:55 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.