{'en': 'My reflections on diabetes and whatever', 'es': 'Mis reflexiones sobre la diabetes y lo que le rodea'} Image

My reflections on diabetes and whatever

HanSolo's profile photo   06/07/2013 6:59 a.m.

Jconegar said:
is a shame that only from values ​​when you pass it over.

If I continuously gave them, the skin patch would surely have to be equally great as the Dexcom and many that is what we do not like.

And yes, this shows that Dexcom's swings a little with prices.And on top of its receiver does not serve as a capillary glucose meter.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
09/02/2014 10:38 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Jconegar, it's not as you say.Measures continuously.Although officially for commercial purposes, continuous measurement is not considered, probably because it can be bought by the web, without more or more.You do not need medical prescription.It is as if you buy a tensiometer or a glucometer in a pharmacy.However, the device can function as MCG: it measures glucose every 15 minutes and gives you all the readings stored up to 8 hours ago (in case you would not have "scanned" for 8 hours).It also marks trends, such as Dexcom or Guardian.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
09/02/2014 11:41 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

And alarms?

tica's profile photo
tica
09/02/2014 11:50 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

not being officially McG I doubt you have them.It would not make sense to give you an alarm when you pass the reader if you receive a reading of an hour ago with hypoglycemia ...

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
09/02/2014 12:02 p.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Hansolo said:
Jconegar, it's not as you say.Measures continuously.Although officially for commercial purposes, continuous measurement is not considered, probably because it can be bought by the web, without more or more.You do not need medical prescription.It is as if you buy a tensiometer or a glucometer in a pharmacy.However, the device can function as MCG: it measures glucose every 15 minutes and gives you all the readings stored up to 8 hours ago (in case you would not have "scanned" for 8 hours).It also marks trends, such as Dexcom or Guardian.

What I mean that it is not a continuous gluocose meter that it does not warn you at the time when it detects hypos.Another issue would be that it could be left close to the sensor and to measure continuously to warn of the famous hypos that never warn.At sport time 15 minutes is a long time without giving value.They could all agree and do something we all look for.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
09/02/2014 3:04 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

I also don't like the size of the Dexcom because it rises a lot on the skin, but this is not excessively small, it seems narrower but wider, that seems.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
09/02/2014 3:09 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

We'll see.The issue of precision is missing.That is the battle horse.

Papajesus1's profile photo
Papajesus1
09/02/2014 4:40 p.m.

Padre de Jesús. Bomba insulina y dexcom g4 share. Debut con 18 meses....ya con 7 añitos...Hemo entorno a 7....y mucha lucha diaria.....ya sabéis..poco dormir y bastantes miedos....pero mi niño es feliz luego yo también.

jconegar said:

I also don't like the Dexcom size because it rises a lot on the skin, but this is not excessively small, it seems narrower but wider, that seems.

In the first photos it seemed to me the size of a simple whistle, now it seems more like a large sheet.In spite of that, it is a top that the same device serves as a capillary glucose meter.And they say that the precision is very good, we'll see, but for the price I have already pointed out.;-)

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
09/02/2014 5:18 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Jconegar said:
At the time of sport 15 minutes is a long time without giving value.

I believe, speaking from the most complete ignorance of the device, that if you pass the sensor and see the ultimate measurement (15 minutes ago) and the previous ones, along with the arrows of evolution, you can get an idea of ​​how you areglycemiaIf you are going down quickly, if it is stable, etc.

I believe that even if I do not have the alarms, if you have no problems of many hypos and want to have the comfort of not walking with all the meter paraphernalia and strips on the street, this device is very good option.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/02/2014 5:38 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Here a video that I have found about the product itself:
Link
Vimeo.com/104060930

I don't know if the final product will be so.Eye that also warn that in case of rapid ups and downs the reading may not be good.

I personally remain with Dexcom, but surely there are many people who will come very well, and that new products of this type come out is always good news.

Mikel01's profile photo
Mikel01
09/02/2014 5:49 p.m.

Joseludi said:

Do not walk with all the meter paraphernalia and strips down the street

Gala:

Paraphernalia is the same as with the Dexcom, you carry the stuck sensor, the receiver, which by the way is bigger than that of Dexcom and also when you wantI feel like it.
And regarding the glucometer you only need him to calibrate it, which is officially every 12 h but if nothing takes nothing more, it is uncommon that you are not at home in 16 hours ...

Gala's profile photo
Gala
09/02/2014 6:06 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

gala said:

Paraphernalia is the same as with the Dexcom, you carry the stuck sensor, the receiver, which by the way is bigger than that of Dexcom and also when you wantI feel like it.
And regarding the glucometer you only need him to calibrate it, which is officially every 12 h but if nothing takes nothing more, it is uncommon that you are not at home in 16 hours ...

No. I mean that I do not have Dexcom and I have to walk with the meter in the bandit and have to take it out and put strips, puncture and all that being there and not at home is "a whole paraphernalia."

Having free freestyle at any time and being out of my house I can see how I am.I don't have to be taking cachivaches in the services, I simply lift my clothes a little and that's it (in case I had the patch a little hidden).I would particularly be the same as I had no alarms of hypos, I don't have that problem fortunately.

DiabetesForo
09/02/2014 7:01 p.m.

gala said:
And also when you want to see what glycemia you have you have to walk down and in front of the people, the truth does not feel like it.

Gala, if you see the video that Mikel01 has put, you can pass the receiver through the sensor even if it is covered by clothes.

DiabetesForo
09/02/2014 7:27 p.m.

I hadn't seen that I don't see it because I don't know why it doesn't open

Gala's profile photo
Gala
09/02/2014 7:34 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

gala said:
I had not seen that I don't see it because I don't know why it doesn't open

Click with the mouse where "Watch On Vimeo" says, another tab will open in the browser and you can see the video

DiabetesForo
09/02/2014 7:38 p.m.

Joseludi said:
jconegar said:
at the time of sport 15 minutes is a long time without giving value.

I believe, speaking from the most complete ignorance of the device, that if you pass the sensor and see the ultimate measurement (15 minutes ago) and the previous ones, along with the arrows of evolution, you can get an idea of ​​how you areglycemiaIf you are going down quickly, if it is stable, etc.

I believe that even if I do not have the alarms, if you have no problems of many hypos and want to have the comfort of not walking with all the meter paraphernalia and strips on the street, this device is very good option.

The alarms are good when you are sleeping and you don't know.For the topic of sport a reading every 15 minutes if it is intense if it is intense, I can assure you.
And the alarms if they are well especially when you sleep and when you want me to notify you.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
09/02/2014 8:18 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

The sensor is smaller than that of Dexcom ??

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/02/2014 8:44 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Can you see in a photo?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/02/2014 8:45 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Regina said:
The sensor is smaller than that of dexcom?

It is like a large sheet, wider than the Dexcom but it stands out much less so there is less danger of tear it out of a blow or sleeping.

Can't you watch Vimeo's video?Or do you mean the part that is nailed inside the skin?

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
09/02/2014 9:51 p.m.

I can't see the video from my mobile, and I don't have a computer on hand.Can anyone put the link?

I have been analyzed by the gossip, based on my theories ... so I can be putting the to the bottom.The big difference between the DEXCOM and this is that the DEXCOM operates by Radio Frequencies (Bluetooth or the protocol that is), and this by induction or NFC.We are like many transport cards, for example.
The main advantage is that the transmitter will spend the necessary battery to store 8 hours of data, nothing more.The energy to transmit data is a function of the receiver with the considerable savings on both battery and manufacturing and in the dimensions of the transmitter, but nothing because it no longer has an antenna.Disadvantage, that there is no way to implement alarms maintaining the philosophy of a cheap and small transmitter ...

tica's profile photo
tica
09/03/2014 8:59 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.