{'en': 'My reflections on diabetes and whatever', 'es': 'Mis reflexiones sobre la diabetes y lo que le rodea'} Image

My reflections on diabetes and whatever

HanSolo's profile photo   06/07/2013 6:59 a.m.

I can't put the link to video ... it "embeds" on the forum page.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
09/03/2014 9:06 a.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

Phenomenal TICA ANALYSIS, thank you very much.
This afternoon is going to call me the Abbott representative to give me first -hand information since the hospital educator when he gave her the explanation gave her my name to explain it to me and if I convince me, I will put it on.
With the information that I have first hand I will put it here ... and I hope the girl is waspped

ernesto's profile photo
ernesto
09/03/2014 11:52 a.m.

DM1 Lada debut 22/12/2013 con 55 años

TICAI use mobile and I don't see it either.Enter Facebook in a Jediazcarado and I have seen the presentation video.All the best.

Papajesus1's profile photo
Papajesus1
09/03/2014 12:15 p.m.

Padre de Jesús. Bomba insulina y dexcom g4 share. Debut con 18 meses....ya con 7 añitos...Hemo entorno a 7....y mucha lucha diaria.....ya sabéis..poco dormir y bastantes miedos....pero mi niño es feliz luego yo también.

Hello, because at 60 euros sensor, 4 sensors leave 240 euros.
They say they last 14 days (more? Less? Just?).
The dexcom lasts exactly 2 weeks (once more, never less).The box at official price at 370, then each one searches for life if they can.

In the price of the receiver, of course, a "tip" compared to almost 700 of a Dexcom.Olé.About sensors ... You don't talk about transmitter ... Every patch carries its own "transmitter"?That's fine, it's another less cost.

Taking into account that it is not continuous medication, it is a simple glycemia meter ... it seems "expensive" (eye, that Dexcom seems expensive, no, very expensive), that is, paying 120 euros per month to save thePrick is very good, but for those who live "in real time", we need alarms and trends.

And it also seems to me a sacks ... because I think it has enough technology to be a continuously perfectlycarry like a mobile).
But they do not ... and it gives me that it is because perhaps soon we will have the same version "continuous measurement" that will cost as the Dexcom :( and will basically be the same device with the corresponding software, nothing more (of course, all more expensive)

Let's wait for more news, to be able to restart the sensor (surely you can, but therefore they will put some system so that it does not happen).

And hopefully those of Dexcom begin to read this and to get scared a little ... because between the crisis itself ... and now this, the clientele can be greatly reduced.Pasta is pasta.

greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
09/03/2014 12:19 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

To me when the Deccom sensor lasts for a month, I would get the new one more expensive, from Abbott, € 93.5 the Dexcom sensor, compared to € 120 per month if it is true that they are only worth for 14 days.At the moment, I have my dexcom

Gala's profile photo
Gala
09/03/2014 12:47 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Well, I think I can't answer all doubts at once because I don't remember them.I don't know if you've seen my Facebook page, but there are photos and video. Link

As for doubt, all the tests are demonstrating a very good accuracy.Better than the Navigator, who was already the most accurate compared to Guardian, Dexcom ...

And unlike what someone has said out there, the measurements are stable and reliable from minute 1 to day 14, which does not happen in Dexcom or Guardian, which is random.You don't have to calibrate it once.The transmission is via NFC, very cheap technology and works by approximation, at which time the previous values ​​read you from the moment you spent it for the last time (up to 8 hours are transferred maximum).The chip is infinitely smaller and more discreet than that of its competition, almost without thickness, which I hope it has a better support.The receiver is a modified insulinx, and therefore is a capillary meter with ketone bodies included.The sensors are electronically limited to a duration of 14 days, so there is no way to stretch them ...

Tomorrow I put myself and I will fulfill information on my website and on my Facebook page.If you read my articles and write your doubts there, surely I answer you faster, although I will try to inform you in this forum of my tests.

The truth is that a priori has more advantages than competition, despite being a "continuous-discontinuous" measurement.What more gives me that it does not send the real -time measurements to the receiver if with that I get a device at a much cheaper, more accurate price, without transmitter change costs, minimum size receiver ... I personally see it as a real revolution... if it works well.I will tell you from tomorrow.

I do not understand very well who says that it is a sacks: -S a device at a demolition price compared to the infadised prices of Guardian and Dexcom ... is it a sacks?14 days (more than competition, and all reliable in measurements), more comfortable sensor to carry ...

From what it seems, Abbott would also be working in an app so that instead of the freestyle, it can be a smartphone who receives that data.

Link

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
09/04/2014 4:45 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Thanks for keeping us informed, Óscar.
There is no doubt that the device in question can be a revolution for many if it really does so in terms of reliability of measurements.
On the web and in the video they indicate that it will be necessary to measure in blood when there are abrupt variations, hypoglycemia or when the body symptoms do not match the measurements it offers.The same is to heal in health and in practice is also valid for these cases.We'll be aware.

For those who have Dexcom I believe that this point, the reliability of the measurements, will give us a lot of envy.And let's not say if it works constantly without the damn interrogations, signal losses and the reset.May it be finer, also cool.
Unfortunately, for cases such as mine and other parents, that is, to be able to sleep somewhat calmer at night, the new device does not work and we have to continue depending on the Dexcom.

The different laboratories could already join forces and knowledge !!

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
09/04/2014 5:47 a.m.

Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

It is clear that it does not give you the measurement in real time.But my opinion is that they are working on a real MCG and this is the spearhead.This is a "continuous-discontinuous" meter that serves many people.I will spend it every time and see my graphic and my trend arrows just like someone with a Dexcom or Guardian, who despite being real, does not look constantly.Doesn't you whistle with hiccup?NO.It is true that it is a small disadvantage (especially for people with unnoticed hypos to whom this does not work).But in exchange for a much more competitive price (the € 60 receptor, compares with competition).I personally believe that this device will mean a revolution, both in acceptance and in exactness and in the way of controlling our diabetes.In the 28 years that I have been with her, I have not met a more "active" year in regard to novelties: Glucotrack, Freestyle Free, "Duo" port of Medtronic (insulin/sensor) ... and all this isIn turn, current projects are accelerated and the market is activated, since we have spent a few "gray" years in which the only novelty was that the meter instead of 20, measured in 15 seconds, and then in 10. And thatInstead of 0.8 sample microliters, they were 0.5.:-(

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
09/04/2014 5:56 a.m.

Hansolo said:

I do not understand very well who says that it is a sacks: -S a device at a demolition price compared to the infadised prices of Guardian and Dexcom ... is it a sacks?14 days (more than competition, and all reliable in measurements), more comfortable sensor to carry ...

From what it seems, Abbott would also be working in an app so that instead of the freestyle, it can be a smartphone who receives that data.

Link

Hello, we look forward to your opinions.
If I think it's a "sacks", because as you say later ... the real MCG they already have it, but they don't feel like taking it out, and when they do, it will be the same, but more expensive.

Anyway, here each one counts the fair as it is ... that is, to my dexcom gives me reliable measurements (let's go, to the point that I punish myself according to what the Dexcom marks), although it is true that when when whenIts purpose is coming to lose precision (that's why I take it out at 2 weeks and I don't insist, I can get 2-3 days more but marking badly, I am not interested ... so that the second restart, and what brandAcceptably well, it was ... if I see that it is "stuck" and with arrowI don't see ???

And about the duration, the same, I take out the Dexcom 14 days, 2 weeks, systematically-I could take it 18 days, but I do not try because as I want McG, those 2-3 last days is not-I understand thatOthers take 1 month, and another 8 days ... That's why each one makes their numbers.The transmitter, has no "forgiveness", are 40 euros per month that you have to amortize (with the Seven Plus, there were 15)

But we are also talking about a sensor at 60 euros (92 in the Dexcom), an infinitely cheaper receiver (Dexcom is scandal) ... but two totally different systems ... a "fast" substitute for the traditional meter (Flash) and a continuous meter (Dexcom).

The following will be to sell a MCG receiver instead of 60 euros, at 399 euros ... and those sensors at 90 euros ... Go ... we already have a dexcom¡¡¡¡¡¡

And finally ... the sensor theme?the needle?It certainly seems much finer than the Dexcom transmitter, but ... a rigid needle stuck?14 days?And what do you think it will not be necessary to make "inventions" to hold it?

Alarms and real trends are also the big difference ... I insist, I see it as a great advance to the normal meter, but it will provide the same information, that is, late, always late.Of course, infinitely faster, of course.But late.
I notice the hypoglycemia, but when I notice them, it's too late ... I am shattered "when I react."

Let's be realistic ... I think it's a great advance ... It doesn't seem cheap (it's 120 euros per month, let's remember, in a country with a 690 euros smi), it seems expensive to me (but I insist, it is that Dexcom's isA robbery, and that has no forgiveness).It will be a great advance when it costs 0, that is, the SS.
Personally, without power, between paying, in my case, 220 per month and continuous measurement, and 120 and "glucometer" measurement, I have no option.

What if I want is that at the root of the appearance of the flash, the lords of Dexcom see the ears to the wolf and take offers of the type, sensors to 280 euros, transmitter to 249 euros ... so that we can buy like this.And all happy!

greetings

pabloj2000
09/04/2014 6:39 a.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Hansolo said:
I will spend it every time and see my graphic and my trend arrows just like someone with a dexcom or guardian, who despite being realtime, does not look constantly.Doesn't you whistle with hiccup?NO.It is true that it is a small disadvantage (especially for people with unnoticed hypos to whom this does not work).

I believe that the arrows will always be "hypothetical" and of doubtful reliability, for a simple reason, the data is given by you ... If you give it a few data (you measure little) the trends have to be, by force, inaccurate, and the graphs, too.You can "cheat it" whenever you want (you simply do "something" and do not take measurement), to a dexcom or guardian, do not deceive it, because it takes the measurements continuously.
What passes the sensor every 5 minutes?Well, without a doubt, you will have the same information as a Guardian or Dexcom, but .... also if you puncture your finger every 5 minutes!

And about the alarms, then, and this goes with the needs and way of life of each person, it is the most important, it is not your "guardian angel" ... and it is not an alarm when you have it low!It is an alarm when you have 2 arrows going down and it will give you a hiccup (that alarm has not arrived) ... or when you have it high and you are perfectly ... or when you are hitting you a climbLet go stopping it!

Focusing on an alarm to a hypo, exclusively, is missing 80% of the device, in fact, alarm to the hypos, there are already some dogs that do it!

I will never say about this water I will not drink (and the economy commands), but I am quite skeptical, and hopefully I am wrong.Of course, it would not be skeptical if it were free (SS) that I hope is so, since we have 10 strips a day we spend more than the sensors are worth (as much as double).In any case, what was said, I hope to be wrong and be great, and that many people use it, and that many more users of Dexcom and Guardian change to him, and that Dexcom begins to get off the cloud that if he goes in myPocket :)

greetings

pabloj2000
09/04/2014 6:54 a.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Pablo, I think you have not understood the operation.When you want the sensor and it transmits to the receiver all the glycemia since the last time you scanned it.So they are not hypothetical.They are real.And you see exactly equally reliable trends (mention, more reliable, because it seems that free accuracy is like that of the Navigator, which was superior to Guardian and Dexcom).
I don't need alarms to know that blood glucose lows me.I look at the Fresstyle and if I see two arrows down and a fair glucose, I take measures exactly the same as you with Dexcom or Guardian.What do I want to be when I am in hiccup?I will know it before.Yes indeed.This device is not valid for people with inadvertent hypoglycemia.

As for the accuracy of the sensor over the days, free freestyle is infinitely superior to Dexcom or Guardian (according to the tests carried out by Abbott and presented in several medical congresses).In Dexcom or Guardian you can stretch it 15 days or even more, but reliability plummets, the errors begin to appear and the glycemia that it gives must be taken with pins.This does not happen in the free and is already on itself a bestial advantage, for not speaking that no any day must be calibrated !!!While Dexcom and Guardian you have to recalibrate it as many times as possible.To deny that this system is much more advanced is to deny the evidence.The only "paste" (which does not exist) is its "intermittent" data system only when we scan.
As soon as I try it and you are cane these days, I will see if everything they promise is true.And then I will see if I can say that the market will revolutionize as it seems ...

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
09/04/2014 7:57 a.m.

I think that Abbott's is a great advance for people who use normal glucometer, letWell a delay for what you have already commented on the subject of alarms.
As for the greater reliability of Abbott, I don't know what to say, many times when I'm going to calibrate it and I look with the glucometer I have 1-2-3 of difference so more nailed can not go and the duration ... 4Weeks with the same same very reliability, if it appears from the 5th restart, I mean the 5th week, it starts to fail and I already take it away.
So for me the Dexcom continues but surely the following device that Abbott will be to take into account since if you have tegnology to be in MCG and improve the Dexcom, especially in the size of the sensors and if you can maintain those thosePrices already do not put any paste

Gala's profile photo
Gala
09/04/2014 8:18 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Hi, ok, I didn't know that he transmitted all glycemia since the last time he scanned.So, really, you are taking measurements continuously and storing them (how many minutes?).Even so, you only have graphics and especially, arrows, at the time you spend it, that is, you can find yourself if you passed it 20 minutes ago, go down to go down, and you will only find out that you are falling into themoment that you pass it (I understand) or that you are in hiccup.And we are considering that to use arrows you need to download the data every ... 10 minutes?

I see the comparison as an automatic car and one manual ... both take you, but .... :)

Anyway, and in the absence of the tests you will never know before a continuous meter the trend or the situation, except, that you spend it every minute (guardian) or every 5 minutes (Dexcom).Impossible.

The accuracy ... what has been said, my experience is another (and they are so many years), reliable.Very reliable, in 14 days, more effectively it does not compensate for me, 14 days systematically is my life being reliable.Not needing calibration if it is an advantage, no doubt.

On that it is more advanced than a Dexcom, it still seems like no ... Dexcom does everything the flash does ... but the flash does not do many things that Dexcom does, the first "guardian angel"For everything.
To give an example, a Dexcom for a cry is perfect ... the flash ... well, but ... it is not the same.

But I insist, we will see how it goes, and hopefully it is a success and the best device in the world, and those of Dexcom have to eat their own and take measures, because I am looking forward to kicking them (for the money that costs me).But I also raise one thing (given that hypothetical superiority), we will see how it works, but ... if the cost and maintenance of the flash and the abott are coast. Do you think the flash would make more sense?I think no, none ... His main asset is the cost, not the operation ... and this is thrown to Dexcom to know what he has to do :) -Isist, my dexcom does not feed me, rather ... it ruins me :()

greetings

pabloj2000
09/04/2014 8:30 a.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

gala said:
I think that Abbott's is a great advance for people who use normal glucometer, letThe truth is no advance, rather a delay so you have already commented on the topic of alarms.
As for the greater reliability of Abbott, I don't know what to say, many times when I'm going to calibrate it and I look with the glucometer I have 1-2-3 of difference so more nailed can not go and the duration ... 4Weeks with the same same very reliability, if it appears from the 5th restart, I mean the 5th week, it starts to fail and I already take it away.
So for me the Dexcom continues but surely the following device that Abbott will be to take into account since if you have tegnology to be in MCG and improve the Dexcom, especially in the size of the sensors and if you can maintain those thosePrices already do not put any paste

I think the same.And that's why I don't understand why I don't get a continuous measurement, flash ... I don't understand it.Because NFC transmits to 20cm ... ok, then look, if you wear the sensor like the dexcom in the belly, and carry the receiver in the belt, you could be reading continuously it is pure software of the apparatus ... I do not enter that it is uncomfortableTake it in that position (at 20cm) but it can be, and if the measurement is reliable, it does not need reinforcements (2 hours that seem eternal to me, in fact I jump them), or calibration ...

What are you waiting for?I insist, do not tell me that it is not the simplest thing in the world ... Barriga Sensor+Ported Receiver+Scheduled Receiver to send data application every 5 minutes+Add some alarms = Real and cheaper continuous measurement than Dexcom.So, before this, if I take off my hat, it is what I want.

But having to pass the apparatus over the sensor seems a bit "archaic" and absurd (it does not have to be like that)

And what was said, I am convinced that they can do it, but they don't feel like it ... they surely get a special and more expensive "sensor", and a "MCG" receiver of 500 euros to do so.And just by writing some more codes in programming ...

all the best

pabloj2000
09/04/2014 8:36 a.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Well, I write you less, I understand everyone in part, but having a continuous monotorization to me is what is worth me and that the device let me know.As Pabloj2000 says, although it would have to take it as a mobile hooked to the waist.
And is it a rigid needle?I do not like a hair, when you are sentenced, you get up, that needle inside will tear everything, if it is rigid.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
09/04/2014 8:38 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Hello ... In the photos the needle really looks small, watching the photo Link you could say that 6-7mm.It is something that does not convince me, but I also say that if I get free ... what clicks!

An intro for those who understand the German (what I think I understand, speaks something of interval 1 minute and 15 minutes, will it take measure every 15 minutes or every minute?) Link ?v ?v?= _Fuljtdupbo

Link Here you have the photo of the sensor in its position ...

That said, we expect the first tests, I know that for some time it is being tested by Spanish users.

And anyway, the experiences of the users Dexcom will be good for flash, who will have to manage them with inventions of all kinds to hold it 14 days, as it happens to us, that sure :)

greetings

pabloj2000
09/04/2014 8:50 a.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Maybe in 5 days we stop talking about this device, Dexcom and the mother who gave birth to Panete, and we only talk about the new "Wearable" of Apple.Hopefully!

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
09/04/2014 9:44 a.m.

If the sensor were small, adjustable and could be carried on the wrist as a clock, it would be very good ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/04/2014 10:11 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

The truth is that I am waiting for someone to get someone out of sugar in the Ifa.Let's see what these days are counted.
On the other hand, the free freestyle, I like it, the needle would have to do with it, if it is 14 days with exact measurements, because perfect, for which it has a more or less normal diabetes, because it passes it every 30 minutesAnd that's it.The bad thing is at night, that for ups and downs because the Dexcom is the best.
For example today I had more or less like yesterday, I have had breakfast the same, and it goes and it comes out that today I am above 200, because with the freestyle I would not have measured me, with the Dexcom because I have corrected myself quickly.But come on, it's an advance.
The bad of what you say that they have a continuous meter under their sleeve, because I doubt it.Because if they use NFC, it means having the receiver next to it, 20 cms, so I don't think they have anything prepared, because they would have to change technology.
The price, because it is incredible, and now I think, if it is worth 60 euros, and every month in spare parts about 120, in the event that it cannot be extended (which seems not), couldn't it finance it?Come on, I don't know what the strips will cost, but 120 euros a month and be able to have all the measurements you always want, I think you can compensate for the price of the strips.Dexcom is clear that with those impossible prices.

BanHop's profile photo
BanHop
09/04/2014 10:12 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The truth is that this new ABBOTT device catches my attention.I think it is the "midpoint" between a Dexcom and a normal glucometer and that can serve many users, for example.As you said above I have a "normal" diabetes and for the moment - and hopefully continue like this - controlled.
With the freestyle, apart from saving many punctures and all the paraphernalia (taking out the glucometer, putting a strip, clicking, blablabla) would be much more comfortable, since I am all the time from one side to another and that of simply passing it throughOn top of me it seems comfortable, come on.
In addition, if it gives you trends it is the best.It costs me anything to pass it every half hour or so, and I would have all the information I need.The alarms do not worry, because if I see a low number and arrows down, because I act, I do not need an alarm that warns me.

Come on, honestly if I had money to buy me a Dexcom of course I would do it, I can't think of anything more comfortable than that.But it seems to me that it costs a barbarity and I can't afford it.But I can afford even to try this, see how it works and if it adapts to me or not.If in the end it does not work for me, I cannot pay the price of the sensors a month, or whatever, it would not hurt so much because I would not have spent much money on it.

I am looking forward to reading a review and seeing if it really is so reliable, if the sensor is stuck and the rigid needle does not bother, etc.

Laire's profile photo
Laire
09/04/2014 1:16 p.m.

22 años. Tipo 1, debut 06/2014.
22 u. Lantus por las mañanas + Apidra

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.