{'en': 'My reflections on diabetes and whatever', 'es': 'Mis reflexiones sobre la diabetes y lo que le rodea'} Image

My reflections on diabetes and whatever

HanSolo's profile photo   06/07/2013 6:59 a.m.

Hi Hansolo, of course, it is best to try it and see the final version, but the info that I have (who already knows and are testing it) is this, apart from the fact that info in the network corroborates it.It is clear that he will not have alarms, nor will it really make real trends, I explain me, he can make a trend every time you pass the reader .... 100 ... 130 ... 150 ... 180 ... I leaveReading, and if I do a tendency of the future it will be 210 ... 230 ... 250 ... until I read again, and it turns out that I had 130. I start again.That does not help me much, I need real time and sudden changes, up 300 and suddenly, fell to 150 in 20 minutes ...
I already confirm that it is not real time although advertising sells it as such (the measurements are in real time -that is what "cheats" -but since they are not automatic, they are manual, because ... it stays in anything).
In other words, a Medtronic or Dexcom could be connected to a pump to have an artificial pancreas, and make certain decisions (the safer, cut before hypos by eg, or strong descents), but the flash can never exercise that function ofcontrol or surveillance, because it cannot.

On the cost ... do not tell me anything :(, the Dexcom is a misfortune, it is like this and point ball. In fact, I want this device to crawl (even if I am looking for) so that the Lords of Dexcom areThey fall for the "underpants" - speaking evil - and are forced to lower prices because if not, everyone goes to theirs.
And I am also clear that if the Dexcom costs the same as Abbott's flash ... a flash is not sold or giving away trips to the Caribbean :)

Anyway, about paying ... of Abbott's flash, and of good source, possibly entering the health system in 2015-2016 but only for those who spend more than 5 strips a day, that is, becauseThey get cheaper! Not... logical.

In any case, Abbott's flash, for me, its greatest advantage would be the inclusion in the SS ... if you have to pay, we may not see something far away from the crazy Dexcom or Medtronic ... and without any of its advantages.So, it will be a failure (even if it is a bit cheaper, it has to be cheaper so).If the SS includes as expected, perfect, a good advance, and hopefully it makes Dexcom a lot, and it resents (the crisis affects us all, and if one day I cannot take the Dexcom, and I can the flash becauseThey give it to me, then ... in the absence of good bread they are cakes say ... I obviously prefer the "paid" flash to click again 10 times a day with the strips)

all the best

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
08/01/2014 2:07 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Hansolo said:

My latest entries:
Link

Jedi's holidays
Link

Interesting the Glucotrack review, thank you very much for hanging it.

My opinion after reading the review, and taking that data, is that the 60 seconds for measurement discards it completely.60 seconds is an eternity (and doubting a hiccup, two eternities, we already understand each other).
In fact ... the 5 seconds of the drop measurements, they seem to me that they should be exceeded (I remember when they took 30 seconds and that was crazy, what a difference when they passed 5 seconds), they could already take them out with 2-3 seconds, or snapshots.

I do not find it interesting, the truth (as a substitute for blood measures), perhaps for a very old person, who does not see well, shake his pulse, etc ... but someone "active" or "hyperactive" ...It gives you a Tele waiting :)

But as you say ... Improveable, this is the first version, surely for the following it does in 5 seconds, the "slope" will be inhalambric, etc ...

greetings

pabloj2000
08/01/2014 2:13 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Pablo, we talk about a device with a clear "domestic" vocation.And at home, sixty seconds and avoid thousands of punctures on the finger I assure you is like to value it.I also like a hair meter to measure in three better than five, and one better than three.
But we return to the error of comparing a capillary meter with an alternative.I have said it several times on the blog: we cannot compare them because they are not comparable.They do not play in the same league;Neither for benefits, nor for accuracy, nor for price, nor for anything.These devices are an interesting ideal alternative for many people, but they are a help, and never valid to make therapeutic decisions: neither glucotrack, nor dexcom, nor guardian, nor flash.

Personally, my ideal is a wireless MCG (non -punctual) device, with an improvement in accuracy even as possible that allows interstitial tissue measurement, which do not need a receiver but my smartphone, which has a microcateter that does not take off or take off orYou have to juggle to hold a few days ... and yes, I have asked for invasive because for me something that serves me during sport is fundamental.For many others, but I need me to measure me sports.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
08/07/2014 7:20 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Diabetological education should go beyond pure theory about diabetes:
Link

Nestlé and Coca-Cola fine in Mexico for breaching a new regulation against childhood obesity that prohibits advertising during childhood:
Link

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
08/07/2014 7:21 a.m.

Hansolo said:
Pablo, we talk about a device with a clear "domestic" vocation.And at home, sixty seconds and avoid thousands of punctures on the finger I assure you is like to value it.I also like a hair meter to measure in three better than five, and one better than three.
But we return to the error of comparing a capillary meter with an alternative.I have said it several times on the blog: we cannot compare them because they are not comparable.They do not play in the same league;Neither for benefits, nor for accuracy, nor for price, nor for anything.These devices are an interesting ideal alternative for many people, but they are a help, and never valid to make therapeutic decisions: neither glucotrack, nor dexcom, nor guardian, nor flash.

Personally, my ideal is a wireless MCG (non -punctual) device, with an improvement in accuracy even as possible that allows interstitial tissue measurement, which do not need a receiver but my smartphone, which has a microcateter that does not take off or take off orYou have to juggle to hold a few days ... and yes, I have asked for invasive because for me something that serves me during sport is fundamental.For many others, but I need me to measure me sports.

Hello, a pleasure to exchange opinions first of all :).Of course, the "slope" has a very specific use, too much, I think that even avoiding the puncture does not compensate for the vast majority of type I diabetics (I see it suitable for older people with other problems, view, pulse ..., diabeticsType 2 and "retirees", where hurry and stress does not enter your current life).Out of them, and it is my opinion of course, it is a very unfeasible and practical first version, but the following will surely be something else.

Personally, for me, the dexcom does allow me - and in fact I have been doing it with a wonderful result - to make therapeutic decisions, because even with its possible error, they are much more precise than those I took with a glucometer (andby difference).For me, Dexcom is absolutely reliable and works perfect for me, but again, each person is a world (such as what we talk about that there are people who take 5 weeks, and others 1).

In your wishes of an MCG, I share some, others not (for example, I use with the smartphone, I honestly, I do not want if I can avoid it ... I already see myself loading the mobile 3 times a day or running out "without measurement" becauseYou turn off, together with a transmitter that instead of 2.5 years, or 1 year like the currentHe needs a receiver as small as possible, but with monochrome and visible screen, no pretty and colorful screws, but it is my opinion again).
And it is more ... I think that the mcg that you "want" already exists!Stuck the sensor 2 weeks, 10 days, etc ... and what is needed "Maña", already has a solution ... simply use the sensor 5-7 days, do not worry, if it falls, then bad luck, you throw it and throw it andYou get another!
But that translates into something else, money.And that is the biggest problem we suffer users.If the dexcom for example, it was given the SS to 5-7 days by sensor-as they give the yankies -... it would be wonderful ... that it takes off, in the trash and I put another one, I do not need to deviseSystems to fix it ... that the transmitter is spent in 7 months?It doesn't matter ... they give me another ... which is used with a mobile and the transmitter last 2 months, at 430 euros each?Well, no matter, they give me another ... when we dismiss the cost, the Dexcom is simply perfect.
Because as I say, you want to use the mobile as a receiver in your case ... but as soon as that happens and the transmitter lasts 2-3 months for example,So the next thing you will claim is that it lasts 2 years since changing a transmitter every 3 months is crazy -and changing it every 11 months seems crazy with the G4 -.... (logical, I am also one of those who are madeHis annual maintenance numbers, not only sensors) ... and in the end, again, we end up talking about the cost.

Actually, the greatest advance and improvement that can make Dexcom and Medtronic is ... lowering the price ... and I have said it many times, now we have G4, and soon G5 (which will not yet be for smartphone, luckily, thatIt will be the G6, and what late), but if Dexcom continued manufacturing the old "Seven Plus" monochrome and design "egg", and they did "low cost", as a dacia ... suppose, initial kit 700 euros, andSensors at 175 euros the box ... would devastate.

I don't want "improvements" anymore, if I get my hand more and more in my pocket (for example, the G4 and its 10-11 months transmitter is a real "goal").And that's where they go.

greetings

pabloj2000
08/07/2014 9:34 a.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Of course, Pablo.If I gave me the consumables to me, I would not suffer because the sensor fell to the fifth day (because I assure you that much more could not use it).And I would fall, but neither do you think I am a supercortist like Nadal eh!But with 4-5 days per week, keeping that stuck is asking miracles.And right now, at 90 lyreles the sensor is almost economically unsustainable for someone who does a lot of sport.But neither does it seem correct that I say "come, pay social security and if it falls on the second day, it doesn't matter."If these MCG systems finally enter the SNS, their financing would not be sustainable if we change them every 3 days.Technology must improve so that these sensors are reliable and last more days.Although there appears the second problem in the first one: how to hold that catheter there on without falling.In my tests with Dexcom and Guardian I ended up fed up with Tegaderm and other inventions.It seemed a guy fresh out of the operating room with those pegotes in the abdomen.I refuse to stress for that.You still have to improve that topic, and I don't know very well how.
That said.We will see how the flash.
At the moment, I see a very concrete target audience, as I specified in my review, although for now I have to continue doing tests and statistics until you draw accuracy conclusions ...

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
08/11/2014 2:13 p.m.

For children it also has to be very much, because they can be measured even sleeping, without waking them up ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/11/2014 3:58 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hi Hansolo, you are absolutely right in many of the things you comment ... the price, it is an aberration, it is so, wherever you look.About the duration, we really have to keep in mind that it is designed for 7 days, ... that then the "Spanish" we devise them and make numbers to get the triple, because ... it is we (because it goes to us to the pocket), but if the SS assumed it, it would surely have to stick to that (7 days x sensor), if in particular cases (x whatever, sport, beach, etc ...) lasts less, because maybe it would touchEach one assume it (if the SS does not admit), but at the outset, if the SS gave 7 days per sensor, little could be objected (I think), the system is perfect, and the problem is the cost, aproblem.

On the subject of adhesives and others, because there I do not enter, it is very particular ... In my case I carry it very well, but I perfectly understand that another person does not do it (the same as I last 14 days and others 28And I can't do anything)

The flash will be seen, but I do not see it different from these systems (surely more similar to the medtronic with an inserted, rigid needle, perhaps less comfortable for sports) in the sensor's application mode (and then without the advantages of the real MGC already discussed).

We will see that these news end ... but first of all (and they don't go well or badly) at what price they get to us (a good product at an exorbitant price, it helps us little for many among which I include me)

greetings

pabloj2000
08/11/2014 4:19 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Regina, because what you have commented you are right ... for a child sleeping is a good option, for him (but a little heavy for the parents for the 60 seconds, which I suppose that in the next version will improve -it has to do it-).But yes, I think it can make sense for certain uses.

greetings

pabloj2000
08/11/2014 4:20 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

What makes me happy is that the market is moving.And there are already several products.There is only one beneficiary: we.They are still expensive, but in the case of Glucotrack we talk about 200 euros a year.and in Flash, calculate that about 2400. But in Dexcom each sensor is 90 euros = between 350 and 400 euros month = about 4000 euros year?uffff ...

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
08/13/2014 8:42 p.m.

A new initiative is born: the Team One team, a sports team open to all people with diabetes that tries to demonstrate that there is no limit.Does your diabetes limit you?If not, show it to join this spirit: that of Team One.

Web: Link
Twitter: Link
Facebook: Link
Link

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
08/14/2014 5:13 a.m.

Can changing a smartphone battery have something to do with diabetes?well yes.

Link

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
08/22/2014 6:31 a.m.

JA JA !!, I think "Habemus" a group of "electronics" here in Plan "DO-ID-Yourself" ...

Gala's profile photo
Gala
08/22/2014 9:02 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Pancreum, one of closed handle insulin pump projects.Having a physical prototype already done gives him more emotion and makes him see as "about to".They are already looking for investors ...

Link

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
08/28/2014 7:33 a.m.

I hope it was true .....

Gala's profile photo
Gala
08/28/2014 9:29 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Hansolo said:
Pancreum, one of the closed handle insulin pump projects.Having a physical prototype already done gives him more emotion and makes him see as "about to".They are already looking for investors ...
Link

It would be great but that "about to ..."

The video is April 2011 and on its website there is only that video and little more.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
08/28/2014 10:20 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Let's see what you think of the prices of the new free freestyle meter.Continuous but "masked" measurement because the data comes out only when you pass the receiver by the sensor.

Link

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
09/02/2014 9:56 a.m.

What does Apple's next Conference have to do on September 9 with diabetes?Hopeful indications that I comment today on the blog.

Link

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
09/02/2014 9:56 a.m.

Hansolo said:
Let's see what you think of the prices of the new free freestyle meter.Continuous but "masked" measurement because the data comes out only when you pass the receiver by the sensor.

Hansolo said:
Free freestyle prices (the hitherto known as Flash): Sensor: € 59.90.Receiving unit: € 59.90 !!!!!Pack price "Start".€ 179.Purchase Method: Abbott website.Available: late September.
The receiving unit is also capillary measurement with reactive glucose strips and ketone bodies.
What do you think of these prices?I have stayed hallucinated.

They seem great to me, I ask me one.:)

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
09/02/2014 10:17 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

It is a shame that only from values ​​when you pass it over.But the more market it exists to see if the prices go down.Because they take advantage of the situation and needs.At those prices I imagine that perhaps you will add VAT 10%.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
09/02/2014 10:21 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.