{'en': 'My reflections on diabetes and whatever', 'es': 'Mis reflexiones sobre la diabetes y lo que le rodea'} Image

My reflections on diabetes and whatever

HanSolo's profile photo   06/07/2013 6:59 a.m.

Ostra SII !!When I still lived with my parents that was what I did sometimes, now as I live in my house, to go to the kitchen I have to download a plant and with the juices that I have on the nightstand at night I approve (I always complain about themBut in that case it is good for me) I also remember thinking "with everything I have eaten and I have not enjoyed it as I wanted."
I no longer remembered those outbursts, haha

belefe74's profile photo
belefe74
07/04/2014 8:18 a.m.

Diagnosticada en 1997
Siempre intentando mejorar.

Ha ha !!!Well, I have not suffered "the rapture" but it has happened to me several times, this primitive hungThat remorse of "I think I have happened" .....

beti's profile photo
beti
07/04/2014 10 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Gala, it is logical that it is at night.Your body at night spends much longer in hypoglycemia than during the day, which is detected more in advance.On the other hand at night, you can spend several hours at a low value without waking you.And when the brain "takes control" and sends the order to wake up, it does so with the added order of "urgency", and one of the emergency symptoms due to lack of glucose in the brain is exaggerated hunger.Pure survival.
So when we get up at night (not always, it depends on the type of hiccTime that has been with lack of glucose.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
07/09/2014 1:07 p.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Yesterday I wanted to publish a story.Nothing to do with diabetes, but to whom the short stories are going, he may like this.You will tell me

Link

And today I recommend a reading about diabetes and sport written by an expert and a great guy;Serafín Murillo, dietitian and member of cyberdem.

Link

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
07/09/2014 1:10 p.m.

I referred to the fact that there is always someone at home who tells you, so that you will see later ...

Gala's profile photo
Gala
07/09/2014 3:48 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Put the juice on the bedside table .., it doesn't usually need it ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/09/2014 10:38 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Diabetes and sport;Excellent Serafín Murillo Manual
Link

Glucotrack: science is unstoppable
Link

Video about the glycotrack
Link

Foodmeter, your food database on mobile
Link

Smartwatch Microsoft with glucose meter
Link

An interesting initiative.Fakebetes: Put in my place.
Link

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
07/28/2014 4:35 a.m.

Hello, interesting about "glucotrack", although it would be necessary to see if you can take it 24 hours on :).
I think that both Glucotrack and Abott's flash will be "interesting" as long as they are free, that is, financed by the SS as a substitute for glucose strips.If you have to pay ... I don't see it very clear (rather nothing), and you will have to see the price.

I see that they continue to turn to Dexcom and Guardian II, and I say "spinning" in the sense of trying to take something that looks like (none looks like, they are not "continuous measurement" or "protect you"), but "cheap".Why don't they try to shoot a Dexcom or a Guardian II and leave half inks?Of course, I speak in a personal capacity, there will be people who do not want a continuous measurement system (that is, half pancreas), but these advances that are appearing, as a user of Dexcom ... the truth neither they leave and come to me, norThey will affect me as much (with the Dexcom it is no longer discomfortI use the Dexcom, I have the "beautiful" fingers, without marks ... before, with 10 daily measurements, because I imagine how I had themI need to click on, the drop only one, ¡¡¡¡).

And it is that any continuous measurement system, for example, Dexcom, could perfectly be an Abott flash or a glucotrackReal time, simply as the flash when you approach the receiver, or simply or that, simply when the Dexcom marks measured measure (without alarms, trends, etc) ... and all this using the same components, this is pure software.
They would popularize consumables, transmitters ... and with it, it would be reduced.
That "dexcom" low cost, for the SS and those who spend many strips ... and with that, they would generate a volume for the same sensors that would have to get cheaper, yes or yes.

Anyway, what has been said ... I think MCG users will not see advances in a young time, what we are going to see are "half -end devices", Low Cost ...
And I think we do not need "advances", simply that the SS puts us what corresponds to us to have a good quality of life with the least possible effort (it is what is achieved with the Dexcom, at least in my case,with an operation of 9/10).

greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
07/28/2014 9:13 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Pablo, a continuous meter funded today is unthinkable.But over time, they will enter the National Health System for certain types of unstable patients.You will see it.We already have clinical studies that support the improvement of diabetes control that involve, and that is the first step for later acceptance as a therapeutic tool and diabetes control.But for now, we must all continue paying its consumables if we want to have access to continuous monitoring.

As for the new devices, Glucotrack is not continuous measurement.Tomorrow I do a first review in my blog about this device.It is very comfortable and avoid punctures, but it is punctual measurement.Instead, Flash would be "on horseback", since it measures you only when you pass over the reader, but collect more data (or at least that is the info that I have in the absence of being able to try it in September and see it in its official presentation).

But until I arrive tomorrow with my analysis of Glucotrack, today I leave this other sympathetic entry that I have titled "The hypoglycemic son".

Link

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
07/29/2014 4:05 a.m.

It is true that the first step for the continuous meter to be financed by the SS, is that there are already plenty of glycosylated studies.
Pablo, have you improved your hemo?
Thank you, have, for all the information!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/29/2014 3:51 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

Yes, I have gone from a hem of 8.4 in November when I put it at 7.3 in February, 6.5 in March, May 5.6 and last week the same, 5.6 and with few hypoglycemia.
It has come phenomenal because there was no way to control this, I was the same as an ethyvySo much up and down, I won a bronchon of the endocrine that salt to cry, of all the things it told me.
I have to say that my endocrine every time I suggested to buy an MCG, he told me no, why .... so I bought it on my own and in view is "the ..." Well... in order to have good control and a quality of life (which I did not have it) and also had to swallow some of the little things that I released when I was in consultation ....
I suppose that not in all cases a monitor is necessary but of course in unstable diabetes like mine I think it is

Gala's profile photo
Gala
07/29/2014 4:34 p.m.

Gala, then I subtracted it well to the endo. And what you know what is achieved with that meter, and not with the bronchs of some endos.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/29/2014 7:22 p.m.

Hello ... Hansolo, then see if we are lucky and those of the SS enter reason, instead of paying us 300 euros in "strips".Anyway, those who have tried continuous medication, these advances leave us rather indifferent.The sad thing about all this is that ... continuous measurement will be given to us when there is the cure of diabetes (in other places).Late.I hope to be wrong.

Regina, as a gala, if I have improved, from an average of 9.5-10 to 7-7.5, without doing anything, and that improvement (which means being in a very high risk zone, to a moderate risk area) is almost whatOf less, the quality of life has nothing to do.I'm sorry for what I'm going to say, but my diabetic life, without the Dexcom was a Mxxxxa, and with him, I begin to live acceptably.I am worried about not being able to pay it, because it will be a nose bust, and very unfair.I have already said it, I want to live well, like the others, and also, with the Dexcom, you can do, why do I have to make some "ridiculous" schedules if I can avoid it with the Dexcom?.What I think is that there is a "professional" sector that believes that diabetes is slaveThat I saw that sacrificing myself got a slight improvement on not sacrificing me, which ... does not compensate me, without a doubt, if I saw results, but I never saw them), when you do not have to strive, with the right tool (Dexcom).
Without a doubt, an impressive quality of life ... of course ... how do you explain this to an endocrine of the SS?The one who defends the MCG, does not need to explain it to it, but that of the SS?What do you make a normal life and have a 7.5 hemo?No, no .... Strive, get rid of hypos ... that without the MCG can approach (with a very poor quality of life, that yes).

Anyway, I am waiting ... I would like to know, when the time comes, as it should be resorted to-to solve this device, lawyers, associations ... I refuse to go to work to pay for the Dexcom (no longer "for the broth"That it is said, that this goes after and little), which I need to go to work (the fish that bites the tail), for that I stay at home looking at glucose with the strips every 30 minutes, that I winsame :(. It is totally unfair.

greeting

pabloj2000
07/29/2014 9:06 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

We could do something from here.
We open a thread of results with the Dexcom and publish it to the maximum.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/29/2014 9:14 p.m.

I don't know how to open it from the mobile ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/29/2014 10:07 p.m.

Pablo, the Dexcom sorry to tell you that he will be surpassed by Abbott's flash that will come out after summer.Continuous measurement, without receiving unit (the smartphone is worth), without fat and spectacular emitter (just a NFC chip), without calibrations with capillary glycemia meter, 15 days of the sensor's life and monthly maintenance cost cheaper than the inasumible dexcomand Medtronic.

That device has some tests and pretest that have convinced everyone.It really looks good, and we are all waiting for you anxious to see if it fulfills what it promises.I will be able to see it and try it in September and I will talk about him on the blog.

Meanwhile, the one who is in my hands is the Glucotrack, which to correct a small error that you have commented above, is not continuous, but punctual measurement, such as the capillaries we always use.But non -invasive, and with a ridiculous monthly maintenance cost compared to others.

I advise you to read this first analysis that I have made of the Glucotrack after a few days with him in my hands.After summer, I will give more impressions about him.

Link

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
07/31/2014 7:28 p.m.

Hi Hansolo ... Well, don't you feel it :) That the dexcom hurts and having to pay it, but for what I know, and first hand - they are already trying it in some clinic - it will not exceed or far awayTo Dexcom, not only will not be overcome, but for certain people, as is my case, it does not work.

It is not continuous measurement, it will not give you alarms, nor will it make a real trend.It simply makes you "assumptions", with the measurements that you take (passing the receiver, which in principle apparently in the instructions, has it, not all mobiles support NFC, but without a doubt, it is an advantage to have a receiver, small thatYes), that is, it will be more comfortable than taking the capillary measurement, but it contributes nothing.

To give you an example ... you are going to sleep and it will not wake you if you get off x level ... at night you are sold, or do anything.With the values ​​that he will take, he will make "hypothetical" trends, but only hypothetical until you corroborates it with another measurement and there you may correct a climbing trend to a descent.

Of course, if you are passing the mobile every 5 minutes you can have a "real" trend (that is what they call continuous measurement), but who will do it?And we continue without alarms.

No, this system will only allow the SS to save money to those who give us 300 euros in strips, because for what they have told me, the estimated cost will be 100 euros per month (I do not know right now if I understood that this is the priceto pay per person, or the cost that the SS will assume).

The glycotrack is really not continuous measurement, of course ... not even the Abott flash to which I referred to.For me the continuous measurement is:
-Continua and automatic
-If it is manual, it is no longer continuous
-Real -time alarms.

The other is semi-continuous measurement if you want to call it that, or how it is spoken here and in other countries, the "continuous low cost measurement", but continuously has nothing ...

Right now, for Dexcom or Medtronic users, none of this will suppose any improvement, which is not economical ... are steps back.Go ahead if the SS finances them, but in result ... they are committing in the low cost, the very short term ... and products according to that.But the "good" are already.Honestly, if the Dexcom was paid by the SS, to "low cost", none of these systems - under my view - would paint anything.

Ahhh, another abott defect that has not confirmed me, but I imagine ... rigid needle stuck.In this, the standard is the "thread" of the Dexcom, the best without a doubt, you do not find out or bother you even if you give you a blow to the area.It is as if you had an installed "hair".

The idea is good if it is "free" ... that is, and this is an assumption, I do have to pay 100 euros a month for the Abott or 250 a month for the Dexcom ... Well, the Abott seems to me "Carillo"(I also have to suffer a stuck sensor, I have to pay monthly -menos- but it does not allow me the quality of life that the MCG gives, nor the peace of mind that the alarm jumps at night - I jump almost all - orDoing anything, I do not see that it provides as much freedom as the real MCG, you simply save the puncture of the strip ... the graphs we see, I insist are "historical", as if you made it yourself with pencil and paper with values ​​with valuesTaken from the strips, they are not "future" such as Dexcom, or trends.

Ahhh, and we forget the trends ... the arrows ... of that, nothing at all.That said, graph of what you have "measured" and ... nothing more.

But it seems to me a good advance of course, but if they promise ... for me, I insist, it does not work, it does not provide me with anything new and I lose the MCG.

greetings

pabloj2000
07/31/2014 8:04 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Link Article with explanations about the device.Of course an advance with respect to the strips ... but it will not be for everyone who needs "something else."

greetings

pabloj2000
07/31/2014 8:16 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

And the pot could not do it a little more discreet, in a ring plan or something?Because it is a song to be in a bar and take the gadget east and plant it in your ear, because the size is considerable ...

Gala's profile photo
Gala
07/31/2014 8:44 p.m.

Pablo, the flash - lacking to be able to try it in September - we still are not clear what type of reading gives you when you pass over the receiver.I have read that it gives you stored readings (with what you would have a trend) and others that only give you the punctual reading of that moment.I will know in September.But it is good that there are three such different systems right now.Because as I said in the analysis of Glucotrack, not everyone is prepared to carry a continuous meter.Because or do not need it or do not know how to act with the information they give them, or their head is not prepared for such real -time information flow.
But the other two give you another type of information, very useful, for me as much as the Dexcom.And more, much cheaper.I think that among the three you could cover a wide spectrum of users ... although we return to the usual: who can pay them?The SS is not going to pay any of this or in the medium term, as things are.Let us forget chimeras.Whoever wants one of those, has to claim.And right now the maintenance of the Dexcom and Guardian is simply prohibitive ... and in my opinion the pot with prices has gone a little.

We will see how the coemrcialization of glucotrack and flash goes.Medtronic also planned to launch a kit that consists only of the sensor and the catheter, and use your own mobile to receive the data.But it is delaying ...

My latest entries:
Link

Jedi's holidays
Link

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
08/01/2014 1:33 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.