{'en': 'Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!', 'es': 'FreeStyle Libre 1&2: Todo lo que necesitas saber!'} Image

Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!

DiabetesForo's profile photo   10/17/2014 11:48 a.m.

In the end I have posted without putting the email and the developer has invited me.I have the application installed and has read my glucose.It has a difference of about 10 mg/dl above the free reader.

The mobile is not as sensitive as the reader (it almost limps the data).There is still very green, although it is a good start.

The paste is that I handle myself with English, but the developer is German and everything he writes and those who have joined are Germans, which I do not find out about anything.Tomorrow I will see everything even if I will have to use the translator that I don't like anything

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/12/2015 12:39 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The end of this app is to replace the reader with the mobile?When it goes fine.

rafach's profile photo
rafach
08/12/2015 12:54 a.m.

Diebetico desde hace 12 años. Ultima hemo 6.9%. Usuario de freestyle.

Joseludi said:
I have installed the application and has read my glucose.It has a difference of about 10 mg/dl above the free reader.

And it is not better than the one that gives free?Freestyle always marked me below the Real.

Let's see if I find a cheap mobile with NFC, to try it too ...

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
08/12/2015 1:02 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Eye do not fiean of the app to administer insulin.

The app does not calculate exactly the same the data that the sensor gives as the official reader calculates.The intention of the developer is to completely supply the official reader (except to activate the sensor) but at the moment it does not give the same values ​​as the official reader, although in many cases it gives very similar values.
To see trends, it is already a good option.

The app is still work ahead to be able to be 100 % of it, let's not forget that it is in the testing phase.

@rafach yes, but there is still work.Discovering exactly how the official reader processes the sensor data can be a very long job.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
08/12/2015 1:36 a.m.

I can already give more detailed impressions.

If with the free reader I can take measurements with the screen looking at the sensor, with the rear looking at the sensor, profile, doing the pine :)), etc ... with the mobile I have to leave the rear and lower part stuckFrom the mobile attached about 3 seconds to read the data.You can imagine it, I with "a whole Mr. Nexus 5" gathering the rear area lower than the patch for a few seconds ... anyone who saw me in the street would look for me "suspiciously" bad.With the free meter, you pass it as if it were a prestigidator and almost nobody finds out about what you do. I designate if it will be for the NFC technology in the mobileprogram that is still without polishing.

In any case, I believe that the coincidence with the measurement that the reader gives is the easiest part to achieve, it resembles that it gives free with interstitial measurement in my case.It always is a little lower, a little higher and even sometimes they coincide.The graph that is seen is almost identical to that of the meter.

I suppose that once all these details are pressed, it will be a matter of adding all the sections that the reader has: registration book, daily graphic, average glucose, etc. as soon as the fully functional application I would even consider the possibility of changing my prioritiesWhen choosing the mobile and change a 5 inches like the Nexus 5 for a smaller one (I do not see myself going out with the mobile in my hand as I do it with free)

Artorias Is there a German page or forum where everything is being discussed about the application?I'm going to get into the developer's page to "fight" with the German language.That little I like automatic translators and less how much it is about understanding some technicalities such as those usually used in these cases !!!

DiabetesForo
08/12/2015 6:56 p.m.

Joseludi said:
I can already give more detailed impressions.

If with the free reader I can take measurements with the screen looking at the sensor, with the rear looking at the sensor, profile, doing the pine :)), etc ... with the mobile I have to leave the rear and lower part stuckFrom the mobile attached about 3 seconds to read the data.You can imagine it, I with "a whole Mr. Nexus 5" gathering the rear area lower than the patch for a few seconds ... anyone who saw me in the street would look for me "suspiciously" bad.With the free meter, you pass it as if it were a prestigidator and almost nobody finds out about what you do. I designate if it will be for the NFC technology in the mobileprogram that is still without polishing.

In any case, I believe that the coincidence with the measurement that the reader gives is the easiest part to achieve, it resembles that it gives free with interstitial measurement in my case.It always is a little lower, a little higher and even sometimes they coincide.The graph that is seen is almost identical to that of the meter.

I suppose that once all these details are pressed, it will be a matter of adding all the sections that the reader has: registration book, daily graphic, average glucose, etc. as soon as the fully functional application I would even consider the possibility of changing my prioritiesWhen choosing the mobile and change a 5 inches like the Nexus 5 for a smaller one (I do not see myself going out with the mobile in my hand as I do it with free)

Artorias Is there a German page or forum where everything is being discussed about the application?I'm going to get into the developer's page to "fight" with the German language.That little I like automatic translators and less how much it is about understanding some technicalities such as those usually used in these cases !!!

Edito: In Google+ it seems that people leave their comments

DiabetesForo
08/12/2015 7:27 p.m.

I update

There is an option that is the active rapid scanning (there is a warning that says that it does not work in all the telephones), I have activated it and the reading is already faster.What happens is that you have to be very precise when placing the mobile, with the free reader you do it to the flight

DiabetesForo
08/12/2015 7:51 p.m.

In Google+ you can put anything in English.The guy knows English but does not bother to put anything about the information out there in English so you have to walk with the Google translator ...

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
08/12/2015 10:30 p.m.

artories said:
in Google+ you can put whatever in English.The guy knows English but does not bother to put anything about the information out there in English so you have to walk with the Google translator ...

That is the problem, that with the translator you get a bizarre phrases, hehehe you have the translation button but the quality leaves much to be desired.

By the way, I have seen that a Spanish programmer has been in a schedule that I think was involved in the Social Diabetes program and that I think I have read in the free group of users of the free that was developing a program for the mobile that would read free.

DiabetesForo
08/12/2015 10:43 p.m.

delaforce said:
Should we give any button in the program? ... I don't read anything just asks me to activate the NFC and it's over.

Does your mobile have NFC?And if you have it, do you get ready Timeout?If that comes out, you should wait longer with the mobile attached to the sensor.Anyway, play with the configuration to see if you find the solution.It also proves that your model is compatible, I think some do not work.Look at that on the Google+ page

DiabetesForo
08/12/2015 10:54 p.m.

Joseludi said:
also proves that your model is compatible, I think some do not work.Look at that on the Google+ page

Is there any list of compatible/incompatible on that page?I don't see it.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
08/12/2015 11:41 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

sherpa41 said:
Joseludi said:
also proves that your model is compatible, I think some do not work.Look at that on the Google+ page

Is there any list of compatible/incompatible on that page?I don't see it.

The truth is that it becomes difficult and cumbersome to move along the page.On June 9 Mathias Noack starts a discussion to comment on models that have problems and talk about the Galaxy S5, the Xperia Z2 and Z3, LG G3, Huawei Mate 7, etc. It is a survey and there are some comments

They also have this spreadsheet where it seems that people stuffed with their data referring to the mobile they use:

Link

Everything in German, tomorrow I will see if I can translate it and get something clear.

DiabetesForo
08/12/2015 11:57 p.m.

Let's see if this is clarified a little because I will continue to use the reader but the other day for example I forget to take it to the work and be able to use the mobile I would be fine.

rafach's profile photo
rafach
08/13/2015 8:11 p.m.

Diebetico desde hace 12 años. Ultima hemo 6.9%. Usuario de freestyle.

3 days ago he made a new request for sensors and normally today they would have arrived.

But no, instead Abbot has told me by email that unfortunately my order was going to arrive at the end of next week.

I don't know the reason, but I comment in case you plan to make an order later, that you do it now in case

DiabetesForo
08/20/2015 6:57 p.m.

Joseludi I hope that the same is not happening in Spain as in England, the last week my mother passed through Abbott in London to ask for availability.
They had told her, that they have temporarily suspended the distribution of sensors because they presented reading problems with the reader.
Hopefully it is nothing.
greetings

DiabetesForo
08/20/2015 9:52 p.m.

Afterego said:
Joseludi I hope that the same is not happening in Spain, in England, the last week my mother passed through Abbott in London to ask for availability.
They had told her, that they have temporarily suspended the distribution of sensors because they presented reading problems with the reader.
Hopefully it is nothing.
greetings

I think the problem is that France send the sensors to England (incredible but true and that Abbot is English) and there were problems with the passage through Calais, but from France to Spain I do not see the reason.

DiabetesForo
08/20/2015 10:07 p.m.

Hi Joseludi,

I asked for 2 sensors on August 8 and I'm still waiting.I called yesterday to claim and they told me "computer problems", that they regretted him and that the Afinee of next week would arrive.For me quite cheap excuse.I take the comment to say that in my case the sensors are getting worse, they are more inaccurate and they fall or fail me before.It is also true that everyone has replaced me with a single free call of 5 minutes.Tell you that I have been free since its launch, that is, I already have experience.

I am considering going to Dexcom, because when my sensor dies on the 11th I do not claim, and then the numbers approach quite between Dexcom G4 and Freestyle.The calibration gives me a little stick every 12 hours, but I have reread the threads in this forum and I am in the absence of a push to change.

Well, for now to wait for the Chinese who do the sensors to return on vacation...

DiabetesForo
08/21/2015 4:30 p.m.

kraken said:
hello Joseludi,

I asked for 2 sensors on August 8 and I'm still waiting.I called yesterday to claim and they told me "computer problems", that they regretted him and that the Afinee of next week would arrive.For me quite cheap excuse.I take the comment to say that in my case the sensors are getting worse, they are more inaccurate and they fall or fail me before.It is also true that everyone has replaced me with a single free call of 5 minutes.Tell you that I have been free since its launch, that is, I already have experience.

I am considering going to Dexcom, because when my sensor dies on the 11th I do not claim, and then the numbers approach quite between Dexcom G4 and Freestyle.The calibration gives me a little stick every 12 hours, but I have reread the threads in this forum and I am in the absence of a push to change.

Well, for now to wait for the Chinese who do the sensors to return on vacation...

I have been reading the free user group on Facebook and there is the uproared chicken coop, there are many people who have made more or less orders when you and still waiting.Some comment (almost all are English) that could be due to the problem of passing the trucks from France to England through Calais, but what do we in Spain?Good luck I carry with the sensor a few days and I have another one.

At the moment I continue with the free (if Abbot's allowed, hehehe) if I was lucky that they could pass me to a bomb (and it was the 640g) maybe it happened to his continuous measurement system (if I see favorable opinionsAnd I can sacrifice a little more economically)

DiabetesForo
08/21/2015 7:05 p.m.

Hello Joseludi, they arrived yesterday, in case it serves as a reference

DiabetesForo
08/27/2015 5:04 p.m.

kraken said:
hi Joseludi, they arrived yesterday, in case it serves as reference

Today I looked at the page and tells me that the shipment will arrive between 3 and 5 working days (yesterday I told me on waiting)

Let's see how they come out because the 14 days almost none do me lately.One began to take off at 7 days and kept it well with Tegaderm, and this one that I have now the same but at 3 days.The bad thing is not that, the bad thing is that I think that when taking off are no longer so reliable in their measurements.

It gives me the impression that these are investigating and improving the product at the expense of us and our pockets.Even nothing was doing well: adhesion, no perfect irritations and measurements ... now they do not last me the 14 days

DiabetesForo
08/27/2015 6:47 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.