{'en': 'Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!', 'es': 'FreeStyle Libre 1&2: Todo lo que necesitas saber!'} Image

Freestyle Free 1 & 2: Everything you need to know!

DiabetesForo's profile photo   10/17/2014 11:48 a.m.

Correct.It is to ensure that no customer runs out of supply.As they calculate that they can serve you open the tap.And those calculations are based on two sensors per month and customer.

rafach's profile photo
rafach
07/11/2015 5:39 p.m.

Diebetico desde hace 12 años. Ultima hemo 6.9%. Usuario de freestyle.

rafach said:
correct.It is to ensure that no customer runs out of supply.As they calculate that they can serve you open the tap.And those calculations are based on two sensors per month and customer.

It is a great disadvantage for those who do not live in Spain England or Germany since we cannot travel so frequently plus the added value than if you fail any sensor and you have to make the guarantee valid.
What a roll, I was investigating in the US but I did not clarify where it is sold.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/16/2015 3:39 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Afterego in the US is not yet on sale since it is not approved by the FDA

Inday's profile photo
Inday
07/16/2015 4:08 p.m.

Increasingly happy.In my life I have been so controlled or had this amount of information to improve.

rafach's profile photo
rafach
07/18/2015 2:32 p.m.

rafach said:
increasingly happy.In my life I have been so controlled or had this amount of information to improve.

What envy and what you want to ask for it.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
07/18/2015 3:52 p.m.

I also tell you that my two sensors for now are very exact.There are people who give them enough fights.

rafach's profile photo
rafach
07/18/2015 5:47 p.m.

artories said:
rafach said:
increasingly happy.In my life I have been so controlled or had this amount of information to improve.

If you live in the United States you can't ask.What you can do is give an address of Spain from a family member or friend and send it to you there.After they re -beaten where you live.It will assume some more cost for the shipping costs of Spain to the United States, but it is the only solution

DiabetesForo
07/18/2015 6:43 p.m.

Joseludi said:
artories said:
rafach said:
rafach said:

If you live in the United States you can't ask.What you can do is give a delivery address of a family member or friend and send it to you there.After they forward it where you live.It is going to assume some more cost for the shipping costs of Spain to the United States, but it is the only solution

@Joseludi you know that I really have been thinking about the same thing for a while the only thing that stops me
They are two things.

One to have relatives by sending the sensors and if any often fails to change them later.
The other is that Abbott does not add me to the customer list so I can't yet buy it.

DiabetesForo
07/18/2015 10:40 p.m.

Well, I have removed the first sensor that lasted for me 14 days.The zone a little red but nothing from the other world.And in these 14 days I have gone to the pool regularly and yet it has cost to remove it, they are still very well stuck.The new one put it 1 day before and correct readings want the first moment.That of having punctured me 3 times in two weeks and just to see that it is still working well is a luxury.

rafach's profile photo
rafach
07/24/2015 4:22 p.m.

rafach said:
well I have removed the first sensor that has lasted me for 14 days.The zone a little red but nothing from the other world.And in these 14 days I have gone to the pool regularly and yet it has cost to remove it, they are still very well stuck.The new one put it 1 day before and correct readings want the first moment.That of having punctured me 3 times in two weeks and just to see that it continues to work well is a luxury.

Great Rafach, I'm glad I go too well.Have you used Tegaderm or have you not put anything?

DiabetesForo
07/24/2015 7:52 p.m.

A hair completely.I have the Teidaderm box at home but I wanted to see if I endured.

rafach's profile photo
rafach
07/24/2015 11:44 p.m.

rafach said:
hair completely.I have the Teidaderm box at home but I wanted to see if I endured.

Great rafach I'm glad that this sensor begins well from the first moment

DiabetesForo
07/25/2015 7:55 a.m.

I put it 24 hours before taking this away.

rafach's profile photo
rafach
07/25/2015 8:41 a.m.

Good news for those who are waiting to be able to buy free freestyle at once, this was put by a person in the Facebook group:

Hi there, I mentioned Recently that i'd met with abbott on Behalf of Jdrf About Production Issues - They Said They are Happy for Me to Share This Response:

"Following Communications at the Beginning of the Year, Abbott Has Been Making Significant Investments in New Custom Manufacturing Lines To increase the Availability of Freestyle Free For Customers. In Fact, Since Februry, We've Been Uble to invite Thousands of New Customers Registered onOUR WAITING LIST TO PURCHASE FREESTYLE Free and I CAN CONFIRM THAT WE ARE ON TRACK TO ACHIEVE A MANUFACTURING INCREASE IN THE SECOND HALF OF 2015, WHICH willWORKING ON OUR HIGH-VOLUME PRODUCTION LINE WHICH WILL SIGNANTLY EXPAND OUR MANUFACTURING OUTPUT OVER THE COMING MOUTHS.

Basically he says that they are working to increase production and that they plan to take many new customers from the second half of this year.

Then about the approval in minors:
- What was the outcome on discussion re using under 18?
- I Didn't Get Any Info On Dates But They Did Say It Was A Hage Priority for Them;and the Only Reason The Testing Wasn't Done Simultaneously Is That It Would Delay The Release.

He does not know when, but it is a great priority for Abbott and it was not done before because the launch of the free would have delayed.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
08/11/2015 5:58 p.m.

Another thing, there is an unofficial application made by German engineer, for free freestyle.At the moment it is in the testing phase, so it does not yet give the same data as the official reader, nor stores the results in memory.
It does not give the same data because the free sensor gives a series of "without cooking" data and then it is the receiver that is responsible for certain algorithms of giving glucose trends and values.And obtaining exactly those algorithms by reverse engineering is very complicated, so the app is going to give similar but not equal results to the official reader.

capture:

The application is also in English.

To test the app:
- You have to have a Gmail account and a Google+ profile
-Enter here Link and leave your email in the comments to invite you to the private beta.
- When inviting you, you go in your Google+ profile to "communities" and there you accept the invitation.
- Then from the mobile browser you get here Link and installed it.

Greetings

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
08/11/2015 6:10 p.m.

artories said:
good news for which we are waiting to be able to buy free freestyle, this was put by a person in the Facebook group:

Hi there, I mentioned Recently that i'd met with abbott on Behalf of Jdrf About Production Issues - They Said They are Happy for Me to Share This Response:

"Following Communications at the Beginning of the Year, Abbott Has Been Making Significant Investments in New Custom Manufacturing Lines To increase the Availability of Freestyle Free For Customers. In Fact, Since Februry, We've Been Uble to invite Thousands of New Customers Registered onOUR WAITING LIST TO PURCHASE FREESTYLE Free and I CAN CONFIRM THAT WE ARE ON TRACK TO ACHIEVE A MANUFACTURING INCREASE IN THE SECOND HALF OF 2015, WHICH willWORKING ON OUR HIGH-VOLUME PRODUCTION LINE WHICH WILL SIGNANTLY EXPAND OUR MANUFACTURING OUTPUT OVER THE COMING MOUTHS.

Basically he says that they are working to increase production and that they plan to take many new customers from the second half of this year.

Then about the approval in minors:
- What was the outcome on discussion re using under 18?
- I Didn't Get Any Info On Dates But They Did Say It Was A Hage Priority for Them;and the Only Reason The Testing Wasn't Done Simultaneously Is That It Would Delay The Release.

He does not know when, but it is a great priority for Abbott and it was not done before because the launch of the free would have delayed.

ARTORIAS, Hopefully it will not take long to start sending you free.Good news.;)

DiabetesForo
08/11/2015 8:37 p.m.

artories said:
Another thing, there is an unofficial application made by German engineer, for free freestyle.At the moment it is in the testing phase, so it does not yet give the same data as the official reader, nor stores the results in memory.
It does not give the same data because the free sensor gives a series of "without cooking" data and then it is the receiver that is responsible for certain algorithms of giving glucose trends and values.And obtaining exactly those algorithms by reverse engineering is very complicated, so the app is going to give similar but not equal results to the official reader.

capture:

The application is also in English.

To test the app:
- You have to have a Gmail account and a Google+ profile
-Enter here Link and leave your email in the comments to invite you to the private beta.
- When inviting you, you go in your Google+ profile to "communities" and there you accept the invitation.
- Then from the mobile browser you get here Link and installed it.

Greetings

I don't know, I am not inspired by the way to join the project

Posting the address of your email so that everyone sees it?At the moment I spend joining.

I don't know very well how Google + works but I imagine if you go through Google + only the engineer would know your email and not everyone who passes through there

It smells bad

DiabetesForo
08/11/2015 8:41 p.m.

It doesn't need everyone to see it.When you write a comment you give you anonymously and ask you for 2 things, a name (which can be invented) and an email that can only see the owner of the web.If you look at many, they do not put the email in the comment.

It is a closed beta because as I said does not give the same results as the official reader, and will not leave free discharge of the app until it improves.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
08/11/2015 9:04 p.m.

Google Plus is like Facebook

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
08/11/2015 9:05 p.m.

artories said:
It is not necessary that everyone sees it.When you write a comment you give you anonymously and ask you for 2 things, a name (which can be invented) and an email that can only see the owner of the web.If you look at many, they do not put the email in the comment.

It is a closed beta because as I said it does not give the same results as the official reader, and will not leave free discharge of the app until it improves.

Well, I have written a post in English commenting the same and has deleted it as spam, his would have been answered there, don't you think?

I do not know how a post can be sent and that nobody sees it but the developer (even so, I already say that in the end you give it to someone who does not really know who it is) to call me too suspicious, but it is that so many things are seennowadays.

Google+ I imagine that it is like Facebook from there that would seem more appropriate to join through Google+

DiabetesForo
08/11/2015 9:17 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.