{'en': 'Dexcom G4 - Everything you need to know', 'es': 'Dexcom G4 - Todo lo que necesitas saber'} Image

Dexcom G4 - Everything you need to know

DiabetesForo's profile photo   01/02/2013 3:16 p.m.

garci said:
Hi, I wanted

I do not know absolutely any case, well now that I say it may seem to see!ha ha ha.
I have received hundreds of thanks for the video where I disclosed the use of the wipes, no one absolutely nobody has spoken either by YouTube, or blog, or Facebook groups nothing about those wipes.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
04/05/2017 12:45 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

garci said:
Hi, I wanted
Well, I suppose that it depends on the person, they work wonderfully, but my son is allergy is filled with granites where we spread the skintac, so we cannot use them.

fjf's profile photo
fjf
04/22/2017 11:29 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Mine also gives allergy.I have already written the adventures several times until you find a solution.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
04/23/2017 2:51 p.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

Hello everyone!

Yesterday I have become a new Dexcom G4 Platinum user and I am a bit nervous about the theme of calibration.After placing the first sensor, I have waited for the corresponding two hours to make the first calibration with two measurements.Then, I have followed the instructions that had given me (another calibration before dinner, another before going to bed, another one when I got up and now one every 12 hours).

The problem I have is that when I made a measurement with my previous glucometer, this gave me a value of 160 for example, while the Dexcom told me that it was about 280 !!The difference is tremendous.

Has something similar to someone to use Dexcom happened?Maybe I have done something wrong for Dexcom's calibration.Any advice for the calibration/ use of the DEXCOM?

Thank you very much!

Iagovd's profile photo
Iagovd
04/27/2017 10:56 p.m.

@"Iagovd" The first-second day is a little silly, make the calibrations every 12 hours you do not get much calibrated and always try to use the same glucometer to calibrate

Gala's profile photo
Gala
04/28/2017 1:08 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Hi Lagovd I am like your newly released the Dexcom Model that yours we put on the 21st and at first also shoot in some measurement but increasingly better and happy with the decision taken despite the economic effort

Garci's profile photo
Garci
04/28/2017 10:06 a.m.

Well, it's time to wait to see how it continues.It always happens that you use a new sensor or only when you start using the system?

Iagovd's profile photo
Iagovd
04/28/2017 8:25 p.m.

No. So much difference is not normal.It is important that the calibration is as stable as possible, if you calibrate with a strong climb or decrease ... in that case the best for me is not to calibrate.The ideal is to calibrate between 80 and 140 and in glucemic stability.With the experience of improving a lot, you will see it and take the truquillo.If you have a very good calibration I keep it.Let's see if they give you more opinions.The 260 is not at all normal and when you have the truquillo it will not happen to you, you will see it ... how everything needs your learning.

Papajesus1's profile photo
Papajesus1
04/29/2017 9:28 a.m.

Padre de Jesús. Bomba insulina y dexcom g4 share. Debut con 18 meses....ya con 7 añitos...Hemo entorno a 7....y mucha lucha diaria.....ya sabéis..poco dormir y bastantes miedos....pero mi niño es feliz luego yo también.

Hi Boys Socorro we have started with the Dexcom G4 and after a week of use, the messages have begun to leave the sensor we have ignored them and now the red semaforo comes out and does not give measurements, do you have to start again ???

Garci's profile photo
Garci
04/29/2017 1:36 p.m.

@"Garci", exact, start as if it were a new sensor.
Within a week (I hope you last many weeks) you will come out the same messages and start again.
If they got out ???Do not despair and go to remove the sensor, simply wait, sometimes it can take 2 hours to give values ​​again

Gala's profile photo
Gala
04/29/2017 2:04 p.m.

THANKS GALA I DON'T GET THAT I WOULD DO WITHOUT YOU A HUG

Garci's profile photo
Garci
04/29/2017 2:08 p.m.

For that we are;)

Gala's profile photo
Gala
04/29/2017 2:10 p.m.

Iagovd, also when you see a lot of disparity with the glucometer ... that does not surprise you that the one that marks the most ... sometimes you measure again and give you another totally different value (with the Dexcom you will realize).As soon as you inhabit the Dexcom you will know when the glucometer lies ... or it is the dexcom that the clamp was left (exhausting sensor, first hours, etc ...)
greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
04/29/2017 9:33 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Hello good!I have a question.I've been on vacation for 10 days and I have bathed at sea every day.After bathing I have noticed that the Dexcom took a long time to give me values ​​and many times the first values ​​to give me were hypoglycemia, this did not coincide with reality.This sensor is also the one that has lasted me least in what I have (19 days), do you think it has to do with the sea, with the equal salt?

By the way, I bought some meats color to cover the dexcom that turned out not to serve me much because I took off, so I bathed without covering it.

Greetings

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
05/04/2017 2:20 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

@Maritxu22 TB passes us.When leaving the shower between noise, he looks very good with the XDrip by showing you the raw values ​​... always goes to wet him and take a lot of days of use.The first 15 days, it is from the second week when he resent the wet

albertot's profile photo
albertot
05/04/2017 3:08 p.m.

maritxu22 said:
good!I have a question.I've been on vacation for 10 days and I have bathed at sea every day.After bathing I have noticed that the Dexcom took a long time to give me values ​​and many times the first values ​​to give me were hypoglycemia, this did not coincide with reality.This sensor is also the one that has lasted me least in what I have (19 days), do you think it has to do with the sea, with the equal salt?

By the way, I bought some meats color to cover the dexcom that turned out not to serve me much because I took off, so I bathed without covering it.

Greetings

I sincerely doubt it that is why.Here we bathe from June to October practically, I have been with Dexcom for more than 5 years and that has never happened to me, but it is also true that each one is a world.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
05/04/2017 9:59 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

albertot said:
@maritxu22 to us TB passes us.When leaving the shower between noise, he looks very good with the XDrip by showing you the raw values ​​... always goes to wet him and take a lot of days of use.The first 15 days, is from the second week when he resents wetting it

Ensuring whenever the two tweezers that hold the sender are well hooked.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
05/04/2017 10 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

Yes @jconegar the two pins are hooked.And we have it very proven.In our case from the 2 week noise enters when leaving the shower and is silly 30-60 minutes until it dries.Always the same and always when leaving the shower.

jconegar said:
albertot said:
@maritxu22 to us Tb passes us.When leaving the shower between noise, he looks very good with the XDrip by showing you the raw values ​​... always goes to wet him and take a lot of days of use.The first 15 days, is from the second week when he resents wetting it

Always ensure that the two tweezers that hold the emitter are well hooked.

albertot's profile photo
albertot
05/05/2017 8:18 a.m.

Put a waterproof apit on top of when you go to the water, I put one on top of the one who has the window and then change everything, I do not like to get wet white pages of the sensor

Gala's profile photo
Gala
05/05/2017 9:23 a.m.

Since I see that it seems that Dexcom usually gives problems with water in shower, beach, pool etcFacebook Dexcom groups in which you talk about it ..?And another question, if I remove the transmitter to enter the sauna and place it later, how long would it take to give reliable values ​​..?Thanks chic@s

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
05/06/2017 1:34 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.