{'en': 'Dexcom G4 - Everything you need to know', 'es': 'Dexcom G4 - Todo lo que necesitas saber'} Image

Dexcom G4 - Everything you need to know

DiabetesForo's profile photo   01/02/2013 3:16 p.m.

sigsauer said:
since I see that it seems that the dexcom usually gives problems with the water in shower, beach, pool etc. My question is since I like to go a couple of days 3 toThe sauna, there are people who have tried it in the sauna or Facebook dexcom groups in which they talk about it ..?And another question, if I remove the transmitter to enter the sauna and place it later, how long would it take to give reliable values ​​..?Thanks chic@s

That gives problems in shower or sea you would have to make a statistic with a good sample I think.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
05/06/2017 11:21 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

I don't give me any problem in the shower and in the sea or pool at 10 minutes it is already giving me values

Gala's profile photo
Gala
05/07/2017 12:45 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Let's see, the values ​​on the beach and pool are lost because through the water the signal does not come to the receiver, as soon as it makes another emission outside the water the values ​​are already seen

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
05/07/2017 8:22 a.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

jconegar said:
sigsauer said:
since I see that it seems that the dexcom usually gives problems with the water in shower, beach, pool etc. my question isSince I like to go a couple of days 3 to the sauna, there are people who have tried it in the sauna or Facebook dexcom groups in which they talk about it ..?And another question, if I remove the transmitter to enter the sauna and place it later, how long would it take to give reliable values ​​..?Thanks chic@s

That gives problems in shower or sea you would have to make a statistic with a good sample I think.

I simply refer to what I read here and I have already heard it comment to several people without more, I am not very statistics by nature, the statistics are to break at the most inopportune moment.-

;) I understand that the sauna nobody knows anything right ..?Well, to continue investigating

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
05/07/2017 11:22 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@"SIGSAUER" I think there are no problems, you sweat but do not "submer" or how to say

Gala's profile photo
Gala
05/07/2017 11:41 a.m.

sigsauer said:

;) I understand that the sauna nobody knows anything right ..?Well, to continue investigating

In this thread he already told you @"Afterego" that he was spoiled: Link

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
05/07/2017 11:43 a.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

Thank you @"Gala" is for the heat and the transmitter, the sensor I do not think it has any problem, you are 85-90 degrees so I said it ..

@"aaandres" I use free and I get 2- 3 days a week to the sauna and never broken, one day for the temperature salts and gets a little crazy with vertical trends up or down but in 5 minutillosIt's already well ..
I asked why I am thinking of the Dexcom in not very long term.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
05/07/2017 11:48 a.m.

@"SIGSAUER" I don't think anything happens to him, in the end this is trying

Gala's profile photo
Gala
05/07/2017 12:08 p.m.

Since he went crazy with the readings, I have not gone to the sauna again with him.
In one of those nothing happens but I do not want to risk the problem can lie that the temperature announces the transmitter and with what it costs that it goes.
I have read there that up to 80 degrees would not have problems, there each one knows what to do.
The other solution is to take it out and after the sauna again placed, to me the sauna usually lowers the glycemia in general.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/07/2017 6:04 p.m.

@"Afterego" Yes, that's why I asked if you take away the transmitter to enter the sauna and then place it again, how long would it take to give results again ..?Would we have to calibrate again ..?It is the doubt I had ..

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
05/07/2017 9:58 p.m.

sigsauer said:
@"afterego" If, that's why I asked if you take away the transmitter to enter the sauna and then place it again, how long would it take to give results again ..?Would we have to calibrate again ..?It is the doubt I had ..

With the G4 I have never tried but with the G5 it took less than half an hour

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/08/2017 12:29 a.m.

I think this is the general issue of Dexcom, right?I have been sent today an email, which, as is the anniversary that opened the offices here in UK for a few months they will reduce the Dexcom G5 Starter Kit to 160 pounds/231 euros and the truth that after reading in the forum I am thinking about it,Because although the free does well, it is always good to have a continuous meter that warns you of the hypos and hypers.My question more than anything is how much the sensors cost and if it is true that you can lengthen.

Anasyx's profile photo
Anasyx
05/17/2017 1:46 a.m.

@"Anasyx", in Spain, the sensor box (4) costs 374 with VAT, there is an annual subscription that are 28 sensors for 2100 + VAT.
If they can stretch.How much?Almost everyone arrives at 2 weeks, to appear from here each one we are a world, I particularly last 3-4 weeks

Gala's profile photo
Gala
05/17/2017 8:39 a.m.

anasyx said:
I think this is the general issue of Dexcom, right?I have been sent today an email, which, as is the anniversary that opened the offices here in UK for a few months they will reduce the Dexcom G5 Starter Kit to 160 pounds/231 euros and the truth that after reading in the forum I am thinking about it,Because although the free does well, it is always good to have a continuous meter that warns you of the hypos and hypers.My question more than anything is how much the sensors cost and if it is true that you can lengthen.

The Free particularly is not that some do well and others bad.But the issue of alarms that Dexcom has, why suffer a hypo if you can avoid it?What do they not know?What does one wake up when he is already sweating and with anxiety?Are we always going to wake up at night?I think we should never use the always or ever.
If you can economically with closed eyes I recommend it.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
05/17/2017 12:42 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

gala said:
@"anasyx", in Spain, the sensor box (4) costs 374 with VAT, there is an annual subscription that are 28 sensors l year by 1200 + VAT.
If they can stretch.How much?Almost everyone arrives at 2 weeks, to appear from here each one we are a world, I particularly last 3-4 weeks

I would like 1200 euros for the subscription ... That is the price that would have to have!
But I think they are 2100+ VAT :)

greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
05/17/2017 10:03 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

jconegar said:
anasyx said:
I think this is the general theme of Dexcom, right?I have been sent today an email, which, as is the anniversary that opened the offices here in UK for a few months they will reduce the Dexcom G5 Starter Kit to 160 pounds/231 euros and the truth that after reading in the forum I am thinking about it,Because although the free does well, it is always good to have a continuous meter that warns you of the hypos and hypers.My question more than anything is how much the sensors cost and if it is true that you can lengthen.

The Free particularly is not that some do well and others bad.But the issue of alarms that Dexcom has, why suffer a hypo if you can avoid it?What do they not know?What does one wake up when he is already sweating and with anxiety?Are we always going to wake up at night?I think we should never use the always or ever.
If you can economically with closed eyes I recommend it.

What reason you are ... but marketing is so good that if they tell you that it is "continuous measurement" you have to believe it.I do not understand how such a product, for us, type I diabetics, it has acceptance ... having continuous meters that make a difference.

Free is like a fortune teller, how others (Dexcom, Medtronic, etc ...) tells you that number will be in the lottery ... it differentiated it is that the latter you find out before that happens so that you jumpof joy ... And the free (he is fortune teller) gives you the result once it has come out ... You see that jokes and what serves you.And on top ... both charge you!

greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
05/17/2017 10:07 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

@"Pabloj2000", you are right, the dyslexia ... now I correct it

Gala's profile photo
Gala
05/17/2017 10:10 p.m.

But you also have to buy the device you receive or not?Because I have seen the price and it is worth the transmitter and it is a bit of the budget.If you don't buy it as the Dexcom calibrates?I am not using insulin pump.

And this is a bullshit but I also to be a billet, that if people already look at me weird carrying the free arm that is like twice as a fat.

Anasyx's profile photo
Anasyx
05/18/2017 4:58 p.m.

@"Anasyx", if you take the G4, with XDRIP you do not need the official receiver, it makes the TLF receiver.
If you want receiver, there is a start -up that is a receiver, transmitter (for one year) and 4 sensors for 1400, I think they have brought it down to 1,200.Or catch a second -hand receiver.
If the one you want is the G5, there was mandatory co.

Gala's profile photo
Gala
05/18/2017 10:19 p.m.

Hello good morning, I am aware of the end of the transmitter that right now does the year and my question for those who have already changed it is, when replacing the transmitter you have to change the sensor also?or the transmitter can be changed using the same sensor.I do not know if it is viable but the sensor that I now starts to make the dumb and it is to organize me, thanks.

Jaume's profile photo
Jaume
06/06/2017 7:26 a.m.

Diagnosticado, enero 2000
Libre, abril del 2020
Bomba Accu-Chek Insight, julio 2017
con Aps desde octubre del 2019
HbA1c: 7 %

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.