{'en': 'Dexcom G4 - Everything you need to know', 'es': 'Dexcom G4 - Todo lo que necesitas saber'} Image

Dexcom G4 - Everything you need to know

DiabetesForo's profile photo   01/02/2013 3:16 p.m.

A friend in California gets me.The receiver still has the stickers put and have not taken it out of the box.The transmitter says that it is new too, although I have no photo of the packaging, only of the transmitter.

nachemi's profile photo
nachemi
10/27/2016 2:44 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

If it is outside the box, it is already released, if it is new it is a good price

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/27/2016 2:45 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

@Irenemv the same now that the pound is going down you get cheaper ... Question.The sensors are either G4 or G5 are the same.
Eye with the theme mmol - mg/dl.Is that I don't have the recups here now but it doesn't sound like it can be changed ... someone who has it at hand can say?

@nachemi If you are going to use it with iOS (Apple), check that you can lower the app from the App Store in Spain.Sometimes there are apps that are available in one country and in another no.

albertot's profile photo
albertot
10/27/2016 2:57 p.m.

Thank you very much @Gala the truth is that I planned to take it only for being the Share, if you have the new transmitter better than better.
@albertoT I am from Android, I have nothing Apple.I will have to reread the threads where you talk about how to do it.

nachemi's profile photo
nachemi
10/27/2016 3:09 p.m.

Irenemv said:
Hello everyone!
I am looking (for several months) to get a Dexcom or another continuous meter.The thing is that the price is done back and I am making numbers, especially with the initial disbursement.

I ask that if buying it in UK, it is cheaper since I live very close to Gibraltar and I have the possibility of asking me for people who reside there, perhaps they are sent without so many expenses to belong to the same country.My other doubt is that if I can change the language (although that would not be a problem for me) and above all, mmol - mg/dl.In addition, I suppose the sensors will be the same as those that supply here, not?

Let's see if you can help me.

I carry Dexcom Seven Plus and now G4 and I can assure you that in the 5 years that I have my life, I change totally since I put it on.

Notes or do not notice the hypos, avoiding them is essential and their alarms for a diabetic and I think it is the best, you will have much less peaks when warning your glyc

In Dexcom the initial disbursement is strong, I have had to press my belt and I don't care about anything, but you know that your life will change if or yes.

I do not say that other flash systems are worse but if you can avoid better hypos, as well as avoid hyper before

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
10/27/2016 3:13 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

I know @jconegar, hence thinking of putting it on, I suffered a fat drop in March and I don't lift the head, I have panic to the hypos and at the time of putting the bolus (this being my day to day).It limits me in everything, to leave, make the purchase, etc ..., they give me anxiety attacks that confuse with the sensations of descent and I do not distinguish between them.That is why I think this would be a good solution since I would warn me and never get low.Because of tightening my belt ... I am waiting for confirmation to give me a floor (I hypothetize 25 years) from there whether or not to throw my expense.And the change to mmol - mg/dl that is my fear, I have written an email to the company to see what they tell me about that.In this way I get (according to the Internet, that I do not know if it will be updated or not) the transmitter on 260 pounds, the sensors around 205 pounds and the XDRIP 55 pounds, in total about 520 plus shipping costs, than being thesame country I suppose it will be less.
On the other hand I am looking at the full pack (as the initial) of the G4 Share but I can't find any official place where they put the prices, I suppose you will have to ask for it through email as here.Although, as I say, first check the change in units.

IreneMV's profile photo
IreneMV
10/27/2016 3:26 p.m.

DM1. Debut: 1998 / Bomba de insulina 2007 / Últ. glico.: 6,7% febrero -2018 / Sin complicaciones.

@Irenemv, both in my Spanish Dexcom and in the Share of US comes in mg/dl, I imagine that it comes the same because changing for the least in mine cannot be.
And if you buy one of 2 hand and the sensors and transmitters here?, Anyway the sensors are equal everywhere and are worth them for the G4 and G5, the transmitter no, for the G4 is one that lasts 1 year and forThe G5 another that lasts 3 months and is the same as that of G4

@nachemi, for Android with which enables in the XDRip Dexcom Share app and goals the receiver code is already working.
With Apple you have to download the app at the US Apple Store, I have done it like this

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/27/2016 3:30 p.m.

@Gala to see if I clarify that today I am quite thick (and I am not on my way to the free) What do I need to see it on my Android mobile?Match the receiver with the mobile and have the XDrip app ??What is the name of the XDrip app?I don't find her right now.

nachemi's profile photo
nachemi
10/27/2016 3:53 p.m.

Exactly, to me the versions that I like most are these:
Link
or the xDrip +
Link

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/27/2016 4:10 p.m.

Nothing, they tell me they don't send outside their land.And that is English and with mmol.So nothing, to see what I do.

IreneMV's profile photo
IreneMV
10/27/2016 4:12 p.m.

DM1. Debut: 1998 / Bomba de insulina 2007 / Últ. glico.: 6,7% febrero -2018 / Sin complicaciones.

@Irenemv, because of 2nd hand or xDrip without official receiver

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/27/2016 4:16 p.m.

@Irenemv If you are very fair of resources, you could use only the XDRIP and buy Novolab a transmitter and a sensor box.Or not?Does anyone know if they require you to buy the initial kit and then sell you sensors?
Another option is the second hand.A G4 receiver was sold in this forum, I don't know if it goes on sale.

@nachemi If you buy a G4 Share you don't need XDRIP, the Dexcom receiver has Bluetooth and communicates directly with your mobile.You only need the app on your mobile to show the values.That is to say:
Option 1: Dexcom G4 without Share and see glycemia in the Dexcom receiver.You don't need mobile.
OPTION 2: XDRIP (HW) + MOBIL ANDROID WITH XDRIP + APP for Ver Glycemias.
Option 3: Dexcom G4 with Share + Mobile Android or Apple with official apps to see glycemias (eye that in the Apple Store of Spain will not probably be available these apps).

albertot's profile photo
albertot
10/27/2016 4:17 p.m.

Yes, that is the idea, buy sensors and transmitter and make an XDrip.But I am afraid that it does not work for me and in the end I have to buy everything.That's why I was looking to buy it for another country, in case I could save me something.And another question, in Germany or a nearby city is there a physical store to buy?My brother travels in February there and I don't know if I could get it there.

IreneMV's profile photo
IreneMV
10/27/2016 4:21 p.m.

@Irenemv, I think there is no physical store anywhere.
Although they put many obstacles, they sell it to you

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/27/2016 4:40 p.m.

Thanks @gala, I will continue to see what I do.

IreneMV's profile photo
IreneMV
10/27/2016 4:42 p.m.

@albertot, no, here in Spain you cannot download from the Apple Store but from the US yes, you just have to create an Apple ID like you are in the US and that's it, I have it like that and it works perfectly.

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/27/2016 5:06 p.m.

And with android the same

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/27/2016 5:09 p.m.

Dexcom Share you can only get it in the USA.mg is the unit.
In UK you can buy everything (as in any other site) but there they use mmol and you cannot change the unit., The most you can do is put a sticker on top of the units (in the graph) in mg ... but thenumber will be in MMOL.That said, cannot be changed, nor can languages ​​change, etc.

Nachemi, if you have a photo of the transmitter, it is no longer new and is activated, if it is recently activated (which confirms it) 500 euros for everything is a very good price, since little less costs a share (without transmitter).

He who has tried a Dexcom With Share (very few because as I say, in Europe there is not, it is difficult to get, and above expensive), I think he will no longer want any other system.Today, I think it is the most complete of all, and if Dexcom deigned to sell it here as an evolution of the G4 was already ... XDrip type boxes nobody would be encouraged to do it having a share (in fact, just for that reason,The theme of the XDrip was born unique and exclusively in Europe, where it makes sense)

greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
10/27/2016 7:41 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

@Irenemv something similar happened to what you say, I didn't know what to do and in the end I was lucky because they sold me a very cheap UK receptor and transmitter, that if in Mmol.I do not use the receiver but as it was like you, I gave me peace of mind to have it in case.Today I am sure that it is not necessary and calm that the XDrip works and if any component works badly that is already bad luck, you can buy five and still it continues to be cheaper than a receiver.Courage then and if you need help ask here and you'll see how you get it.

enriquec's profile photo
enriquec
10/27/2016 7:42 p.m.

Yes, in this way it would be € 371 of the sensor box, € 374 of the transmitter and about € 70 of the XDrip.That being a peak, they are not € 1430 of the initial kit.Another doubt, is NFC needed on the mobile?

IreneMV's profile photo
IreneMV
10/27/2016 7:51 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.