{'en': 'Dexcom G4 - Everything you need to know', 'es': 'Dexcom G4 - Todo lo que necesitas saber'} Image

Dexcom G4 - Everything you need to know

DiabetesForo's profile photo   01/02/2013 3:16 p.m.

Does anyone know if the Dexcom G4 Platinum Pediatric brings Share?
thank you

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/30/2016 3:49 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

You have it with Share, and without Share (the Pediatric).
greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
09/30/2016 9:26 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Hello good!!!
We are thinking of saving for the Dexcom G4, and I have several rookie doubts.I have read that the body area where the sensor's life can most be extended is in the arm.On the tripled what are you ???And if it is in the arm and cover the sensor area with a Decathlon type band, would the filament theme interference interference?

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
10/01/2016 7:10 p.m.

kekiya said:
good !!!
We are thinking of saving for the Dexcom G4, and I have several rookie doubts.I have read that the body area where the sensor's life can most be extended is in the arm.On the tripled what are you ???And if it is in the arm and cover the sensor area with a Decathlon -type band, would the filament theme?

Each one is a world in this you must try all the areas because we are not all the same, there is a partner of the forum that lasts more than 4 weeks almost always, reaching 5 even some have reached almost 6 weeks.
In the arm we are enough but not all.You can cover it without problems in the arm, but I repeat that you should try back, arm and belly, just like many people last a lot in the lumbar.
Dexcom comments that you have to put it in a belly.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
10/02/2016 12:14 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

I sell a dexcom g4 receiver, if someone is interested in sending me a private

Merif's profile photo
Merif
10/02/2016 1:28 p.m.

So guys the best combination to increase the sensor's support is that of Tegaderm + Skin Tac?

resax's profile photo
resax
10/04/2016 1:51 p.m.

The Skin Tac as glue on the skin before putting the sensor is fundamental and I think it is the best.

About Apities, I have not tried Tegaderm.I have tried Opsite, Hydrofilm and the Grifgrips.Of these I stay with Grifgrips.The first week only use Skintac and then on the second I put a gripgrips grip.

By the way, do you know any apartment that is the same material as the one that brings the Dexcom sensor (that is, not plastic film but telilla type)?It is that the one who comes from Fabrica sticks very well and if you could buy, it could be interesting.

albertot's profile photo
albertot
10/04/2016 4:27 p.m.

The omnifix

Merif's profile photo
Merif
10/04/2016 11:47 p.m.

merif said:
the omnifix

Thanks @Merif !!Do you use it with the Dexcom?I think I'm going to try it

albertot's profile photo
albertot
10/04/2016 11:55 p.m.

I use Hydrofilm because it is transparent, but the omnifix sticks quite well

Merif's profile photo
Merif
10/05/2016 3:55 p.m.

Hello everyone

Does anyone know where you can buy dexcom sensors at a good price?
If anyone knows any site or has to sell then I would appreciate it.

Antonmartin's profile photo
Antonmartin
10/12/2016 12:10 p.m.

@Gemater of chance I just reported to one of your participations that you now carry the Dexcom G4.

- Can you count why you decided to try Dexcom?
- Why G4 and not G5?
- What do you think about the two meters you have had in your hands, that is Dexcom G4 and Free?.
- Do you have the sensors for a long time?Have you lasted a lot?
- Do you think the dexcom G4 will be more profitable than the free with what the sensors are lasting?
- What do you think about the theme of alarms even if you notice them?Do you think all the sensors should be alarm as well as Dexcom and that of the pump 640 g?

I really thank you for the time you have lost to read all this.This Gema survey is voluntary, it is really just to know the opinion of someone who has tried one with alarms and without them.
I do not want to open any controversial debate that records, just know the opinions of the foreros so that people see different points of opinion.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
10/19/2016 7:29 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

@jconegar I have been with the little, a couple of weeks ago to be more exact.
Above all what you ask, because we go in parts and in advance forgiveness for the parrafada because there is enough question hahaha.

Before I forget, you don't have to thank me to think, I will give an opinion based on my experience and for colors, as you say without controversy.I think that in the subject sensors, meters, bombs ... etc. everything is very personal, as much as they can be portions, ratios, sensitivity ... etc. we go that there are not two equal people, two equal diabetes, or two equal situations.

My reasons to try another meter were several.The main 'glycemic' situation.I explain that right now I move in lower than normal values.At this time and for my specific case, Freestyle I do not say that I failed or that I was not doing the service of a meter, in that aspect without problem, I had my curves and trends without failure.But in my usual figures, I did not save me punctures, one of the reasons to use this type of meters.I had to check every little if the 60 in which the meter was was a real hypo to correct or if it was a 75-85 where I should not touch anything.

Added to this in addition my second reason, which at first when I was used to higher figures I could trust sensations, but now I can go down to 60 without having the slightest symptoms and that creates concern, so that to say otherwise.

The last and least, that this summer the sensor's glue left my skin badly, redness, dryness ... that in this case there are options to avoid it, so I said the latter only the story as an added reason.

Looking for other options, they gave me ease to try Dexcom and I did.I tried G4 and not G5 because for me, it is called Dexcom, it is called free or called Medtronic, any meter is an extra expense and as you know from the price of G4 to G5 the difference is much, and I could not allow me the G5 as extra.

My first contact with Dexcom was a little hate love, haha.It is more difficult to place, it is more painful, and it is thicker, at least for me.So all points in this aspect for Freestyle.

The points for Dexcom I give them in my day to day.Thing noticing from the moment zero, saving me punctures, in my case and with my values ​​the margin of error is lower.I always talk about stable values ​​in trends.
If you add the alarms that allow me to 'carefree', that is, knowing values ​​this or not pending to look at me, and modify basal climbing without getting corrector bolus, or going down without getting to hypo (this last one is not always avoided, I am not going todeceive anyone) ... Well, to say more, add that tranquility and I have just what I am looking for right now.

I add already answering another of your questions, which I do not believe that for me the alarms are always essential, but here it is something very particular. We all know of serious cases of people with hypoglycemia that do not notice.But I add that for me that extra tranquility and that sleep knowing that I do not need alarm clock, that the alarm will sound if or if at dawn if I need it, it is a plus to take into account.

Less positive point of the day to day with Dexcom, which when reading every 5 minutes and that is at least my impression, the modifications in trends took them faster the freestyle.

Come on, neither of them are perfect, each one has their things and both are good tools using them correctly.So in that aspect I do not get wet and I remain neutral like Switzerland, for tastes colors.

On duration, price and others.Well, I only carry two Dexcom sensors, for now I will not put my hand in the fire and with my eyes closed in case I burn it.But the first sensor lasted to the 5th week, it was the sensor that I put on proof, and perhaps if the transmitter battery would not haveDead at that time, it would have lasted a few more days.This second is on the right track for now, so by duration without complaints.

Taking into account this duration of the sensor and seeing the price of both, I already went to Dexcom account.But of course, we all know the initial disbursement.In my case I looked for option B to lower that price a bit.I looked a thread from the forum and some Facebook groups on XDrip and Nightscout, I went to a workshop they did here near.Then I throw myself into the pool and it went well.

In summary, for a price, I will be more or less one than another, even better dexcom if all the sensors come out as the first, but I suppose it will not be the case, that there will be everything.

I hope I have solved all your doubts;)

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
10/20/2016 12:49 a.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

@Gemater I appreciate your totally selfless opinion that surely can help many people.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
10/20/2016 1:01 a.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

Nightscout on iPhone does anyone work it?
Any simple Christian guide that is understood?
Thanks again.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/23/2016 4:36 a.m.

Afterego@ I do not think it is necessary if it is with the G5, with the Dexcom and Dexcom Follows you can invite up to five Nightscoutt supervisors, it is super single. If you speak of the G4 and no idea ...

beti's profile photo
beti
10/25/2016 5:57 p.m.

With the G4 Share you do not need Nightscout, it is done the same as with the G5, the Dexcom Share2 app and the APP Follow

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/27/2016 10:46 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Hello everyone!
I am looking (for several months) to get a Dexcom or another continuous meter.The thing is that the price is done back and I am making numbers, especially with the initial disbursement.

I ask that if buying it in UK, it is cheaper since I live very close to Gibraltar and I have the possibility of asking me for people who reside there, perhaps they are sent without so many expenses to belong to the same country.My other doubt is that if I can change the language (although that would not be a problem for me) and above all, mmol - mg/dl.In addition, I suppose the sensors will be the same as those that supply here, not?

Let's see if you can help me.

IreneMV's profile photo
IreneMV
10/27/2016 11:59 a.m.

DM1. Debut: 1998 / Bomba de insulina 2007 / Últ. glico.: 6,7% febrero -2018 / Sin complicaciones.

A quick question.I have the possibility to buy a G4 Share + 1 transmitter for less than € 500.What do you think ??Would there be any problem when bringing it here and making it work ????

nachemi's profile photo
nachemi
10/27/2016 1:17 p.m.

How long does the transmitter have?
Because it works, do not worry, it works with Android and with iPhone perfectly

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/27/2016 2:32 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.