{'en': 'Dexcom G4 - Everything you need to know', 'es': 'Dexcom G4 - Todo lo que necesitas saber'} Image

Dexcom G4 - Everything you need to know

DiabetesForo's profile photo   01/02/2013 3:16 p.m.

That is what you have to know, if it is mandatory to buy the entire starting pack with sensors, emitter and receiver or you can call Novalab and ask to buy only the sensors and the emitter because in that case with XDRIP resolved.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
04/27/2016 1:41 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Medical certificate for purchase is no longer necessary.Although I also bought the whole pack, I don't think you can't buy what you want.It is no longer necessary certified, I imagine how free.

Papajesus1's profile photo
Papajesus1
04/27/2016 6:14 p.m.

Padre de Jesús. Bomba insulina y dexcom g4 share. Debut con 18 meses....ya con 7 añitos...Hemo entorno a 7....y mucha lucha diaria.....ya sabéis..poco dormir y bastantes miedos....pero mi niño es feliz luego yo también.

I have bought transmitter and sensors without the receiver and without problem. I just put the first sensor and I have seen them ...seen the @jconegar video that has come from fable. Today is my first day Dexcom and I hope everything works for me

beti's profile photo
beti
04/27/2016 7:12 p.m.

@beti thanks for that information, I did not know that they allowed to buy transmitter and sensors without sender.Thanks for sharing.
You are right in what you say, perhaps you should do a video more closely where you look good about getting the syringe and tighten the transmitter.Now I go from Craneo when I come from the Monegros test next week I will, even without putting it on me, simply explaining.Thank you.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
04/27/2016 7:47 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

A question.Being a small child I do more than two controls ... Is it bad to perform several calibrations?Does it lose accuracy or last less?What do you think .... Thank you.

Papajesus1's profile photo
Papajesus1
04/27/2016 8:23 p.m.

Padre de Jesús. Bomba insulina y dexcom g4 share. Debut con 18 meses....ya con 7 añitos...Hemo entorno a 7....y mucha lucha diaria.....ya sabéis..poco dormir y bastantes miedos....pero mi niño es feliz luego yo también.

If you go crazy.Just do that in extreme cases and just start the sensor if you have it high and the real value is lower or than the setback.
I have proven that several calibrations become silly and to return to normal has to spend a day or two and calibrating only every 12 hours.
Think of the 15 min delay that the differences can be very large.
The calibrations make them when stable is very important.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
04/27/2016 8:53 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

@beti, it is normal with the 1st that those things pass, the truquillo to get the needle well, pull the ring to the top and then tighten the clips of the sides of the sensor's plastic and to put the transmitter the trick is to listen double click, you have to tighten until you hear it or check that the 2 pins are well put

Gala's profile photo
Gala
04/27/2016 10:06 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

@gala I sometimes do to the beast of putting the emitter in the sensor hahaha, but I do not say that.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
04/27/2016 10:08 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

One day I am going to make a hole to tighten the transmitter when I have removed it for something and there is no tab to adjust to him, I am more beast too ..., I think we are already accustomed to so much and so many years, that many timesalready .. It's like clicking, x night, with the light off and tact, ... and doing the pine if it is also necessary ... haha ​​!!

Gala's profile photo
Gala
04/27/2016 11:05 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

I calibrate it once a day, just waking up that I am flat.Luxury pull even with 28 days of sensor.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
04/28/2016 1:55 a.m.

Hello
A question about XDrip.
Can the XDRIP (without smartphone) with a smartwhach be linked directly?
And if so, the Pebble meets all expectations (without intention to send data to cloud) or are there any other smartwhach more recommended?
Thank you

Antonmartin's profile photo
Antonmartin
04/28/2016 5:08 p.m.

It is always necessary mobile

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
04/28/2016 6:57 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

An emergency question .... It is our second day Dexcom so that total rookie, and you have already commented to theIt doesn't leave me

beti's profile photo
beti
04/29/2016 8:55 a.m.

Turn off and turn on the receiver to see if at the 5 min a maximum you must catch a signal.But not constant visualitudes to see the value if it comes out.Turn off light and soon look to see if you already get value.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
04/29/2016 9:27 a.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

He has already gotten into school, then I will try. He will touch her on her finger. He gave me a thing to turn it out without asking you before.Thank you very much @jconegar!

beti's profile photo
beti
04/29/2016 10 a.m.

Turn off and turn on.
If it still does not leave courage to see if an icon comes out, when it loses the signal by distance a red antenita comes out, but you have to get away a lot.

Another possibility is that the receiver does not have the transmitter identifier configured or this is wrong.I shouldn't pass because Novolab delivers it with the code already involved.It is a 5 -digit alphanumeric code.Check that this is well in the receiver configuration.The number comes in the transmitter box.

albertot's profile photo
albertot
04/29/2016 10:58 a.m.

By the way, yesterday I called Ha Novolab to ask about the annual subscription that I am considering doing to the Dexcom G4, to save a little.

They had informed me for mail that could be paid in 2 deadlines.Now by phone they tell me that it is a only 1 payment.

Where do I have the ball here or here?

albertot's profile photo
albertot
04/29/2016 1:16 p.m.

Don't be like that @albertot, always thinking badly, this is because Novalab and Dexcom are bad of pasta ....;))

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
04/29/2016 1:41 p.m.

Well, I have read that the Dexcom G5 is aimed at landing in Spain with its corresponding Android mobile phone application that seemed to be impossible for the most skeptic, that in the pack you will have to continue buying the relevant receiver ..

On the other hand, Medtronic is also about to land with an MCG like the one that has now but without the need for a pump, with an application for the smartphone, Guardian Connect to see the glycemia and trends, I am not sure if it will havealarms and we will have to wait above all prices and durability of the sensor-transmitter.

We only need that Abbott puts the batteries and one of the 3 laboratories lowers prices and we all benefit even if it gives me that among them they are not going to step on ..;)

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
04/30/2016 12:11 p.m.

Hello everyone, I just bought the G4, I put it yesterday afternoon and thanks to Leados for a long time, I have no doubt or problem.
At the moment everything is great except because it began to take off at two hours but wet it with the wipe that brings sample and hit well, I thought I will try the kinesiotope strips (I think they are called like this) the ones that youHe puts the physio in the muscles, I think that cutting it and avoiding the transmitter can go well, it also does not allergy normally and endures the water very well.I am going to try unless someone who has already tried it tells me that it is not going well or something.
The measurements are very similar to those of the glucometer and for the moment in a single day I have already observed that the endocrine have no idea, at least in my case because it always insists that I smell a lot quickly and both at night and thisTomorrow I get to touch the 300. Then at two hours and something, it begins to go down like a motorcycle and clear ... Gorda hypoglycemia, which I can now avoid thanks to G4.With which not only I do not punish me so if I am short.
It is also true that they recently changed the lantus for the toujeo and it is costing me to adjust it.
So I will comment in a few days if I'm still equally well.
Thank you again for without the forum and only with the endocrine I do not know how it would be at this point.
All the best

Brenda's profile photo
Brenda
04/30/2016 1:25 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.