{'en': 'Dexcom G4 - Everything you need to know', 'es': 'Dexcom G4 - Todo lo que necesitas saber'} Image

Dexcom G4 - Everything you need to know

DiabetesForo's profile photo   01/02/2013 3:16 p.m.

I think you've done very well.
To me in my arm is where I last the most.
Be careful if you have it in guarantee, I would not update the software
Belief lasted me scarcely 2 weeks.
High part of gluteo 3 weeks.
Middle arm 4.
Twins very good measurements, but only two weeks, I do not advise to put it there.
Each one is a world, a forum partner in the belly goes 5 weeks.
You have to see you and not be afraid to try.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
02/29/2016 5:39 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

I also very happy with the Dexcom, in the gut I do not like to take it because it bothers me to bend with my pants and it is more more moved and it is easier to take off.In the arm it goes phenomenal, I take it on the side and once it has reached me at 5 weeks but the normal ones are 3 long-4, in the upper part of the gluteo yp I have not tried.
As for update .. I as @jconegar, I would wait a bit to see what happens and also think about the price increase with the G5 transmitters, multiplied by 4

Gala's profile photo
Gala
02/29/2016 6:30 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Thanks for the answers, I will tell how it has gone.

Papajesus1's profile photo
Papajesus1
02/29/2016 8:32 p.m.

Padre de Jesús. Bomba insulina y dexcom g4 share. Debut con 18 meses....ya con 7 añitos...Hemo entorno a 7....y mucha lucha diaria.....ya sabéis..poco dormir y bastantes miedos....pero mi niño es feliz luego yo también.

Good, because my first sensor I have put it in the upper gluteo and after 37 days there.It does not bother to sit down, although it is true that the upper part of the dressing is more easily peelHigh and be half lying), although treating it with some dressing and Skin-Tac is incredible what lasts.
I did not believe that I could get to this use, because as I have already commented I give it gym and pool tute, and that for more than three weeks I do not come out or interrogations ...
I hope this lasts :))
As the companions say we are a world, I put it there because it seemed more discreet

All the best

nacho's profile photo
nacho
02/29/2016 10:26 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello everyone.Well, I start to mosque myself.They usually lasted 3-4 weeks (even the expired, with correct readings. I take it in my arm and with Skin-Tac and Hydrofilm) but the last two have lasted me two few weeks.They are new, I have done the annual subscription recently, and it gives me the impression that, seen the useful life of the sensor, it is possible that they have reduced the load of whatever the sensor is carried (I read it at the time, I do not rememberWhat is ...) to meet the week left but do not reach the month and peak.
Anyway, I hope I am wrong, I will see how the next one ...
A saldu to all (especially Jconegar; a long time since we don't talk. I hope everything is good :-))

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/01/2016 11:43 a.m.

@Antonio20 The duration of the sensors cannot act.In my belly I never got good at two weeks, there is a partner of the forum that goes for a half past five.
In the arms it is where I last the most, curious but in the left less and in some sensor 1 time questions, in law never questions.In my arms the questions do not come out.
I think there is something that influences a lot and there we are lost, fat, the blood that flows .....
Right now I can assure you that with the competition they do not think of doing anything that can make sale.
Relative competition, but before they were alone because the other that there were people did not want it.I still think that Dexcom today is the best of the market, worse G4 than G5, but I have no intention of changing for price.
Why don't you try to put them in another area to see how are you doing?
Do not stop telling it because it is help for everyone.
Greetings

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
03/01/2016 2:08 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

I have realized that when I am more stable, the sensors last me more, when I walk with up and down do not last anything, 2 weeks and fair and many questions

Gala's profile photo
Gala
03/01/2016 2:28 p.m.

@CPRINPP, still lasts the sensor ???:)) :))
This afternoon I fulfill my sixth week of use.I have to say that it is my first sensor and I am extremely surprised.As I said in another post this week has been a bit complicated, and I thought (for the peaks that marked me) that the sensor had reached its end, but checking with the glucometer none of that.
I will tell you, but we are going, neither questions nor disconnections has (only when I get into the pool or sauna)

Greetings to all

nacho's profile photo
nacho
03/05/2016 12:03 p.m.

gala said:
I have realized that when I am more stable the sensors last me more, when I walk with up and down do not last anything, 2 weeks and fair and many questions>

The same thing happens to me !!

fer's profile photo
fer
03/05/2016 12:13 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Very good to all,

I am a new user of the Dexcom G4 and with diabetes for almost 15 years.I have some doubts about the device:

- The "official" duration is 7 days, after that period as I do to extend life even if it is 2 weeks in total, which lasts giving accepted results.Do I have to do something with the receiver?

- Reading the manual only recommends the blood calibration of the fingers, or the palm of the hand or anything.As I already have the machucados fingers I have the geentel and I punctuate myself in the palm, I am surprised that I cannot calibrate it with blood from there.Are you strict in that sense?

- What dressings do you use to keep the sensor well stuck?I have read Skin Tac, Hydrofilm, etc.

Greetings and thanks

Tiver's profile photo
Tiver
03/05/2016 10:04 p.m.

Hi @tiber
In the receiver when you have a few hours left you that the sensor is going to be entitled, you know that at that time the sensor will stop working, if you exhaust it until the end you will only have to restart sensor.If you do not do well to end that then sensor and reset sensor.They might tell you that the receiver must be turned off but I would not pay attention because in three and a half years I have not done it and nothing happens.Let's see does not have to last two weeks, I usually last 4, there are people who last two, people do not last two, people who last up to 6 weeks.Each one is a world and each one lasts a different time even if we all have it in the same area.

You can calibrate it with the blood you want, it is said that with that of the fingers because the palm is usually less accurate than that of the fingers, but if you have observed that that of the palm the values ​​are good do it with that, the only oneWay of checking whether or not that of La Palma is good is to make an analysis on the finger and palm and compare.

I use Hydrofilm and Skin Tac, if you want to see how the Skin Tac looks like this video
Link

I endure it 4 weeks with both products, that also depends on the fat of each skin, because by sweat and for showers I think I can take a hahaha award.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
03/05/2016 10:42 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

Thanks @jconegar for your answers.

Yes, I only mean lengthening it beyond the 7 official days, either 9 days like 4 weeks, the thing is like proceeding with the receiver, as I am still with my first sensor.

So when he tells me that he will finish my sensor, I stop sensor and with it I start sensor.

I will try to ask in the pharmacy the Hydrofilm, the Skin Tac and I will see, if I take it by eBay or similar, it.I see expensive for q.is

greetings

Tiver's profile photo
Tiver
03/05/2016 10:52 p.m.

@Tiber, that is, several messages will jump you saying how long it is left, in the end it will end sensor.You just have to start, 2 hours calibration and you have another week running.
If for what you are, you do not want to wait for it to stop alone (you are going to the street and you do not wantcome good and start you

Gala's profile photo
Gala
03/05/2016 11:03 p.m.

Hello good to all, I just joined the forum recently and I wanted to tell you my experience with Free and how I am opting to try Dexcom G4 and from there some questions that I throw you.
Free has done very well, within the limitations and deviations he has, but I became and it was a step forward in the control, although the problem focused on giving me the glue and after a year of use I had toLeaving it, and the people of Abbott did not give me any solution.After that and seeing things that you comment like Hydrofilm, I venture to take a new step, and in this case I wanted to try Dexcom G4, first to see if this does not give me allergy and second for all the improvements that you comment that I believe are very important are very important.The doubts that arise are:
- The system to put on the sensor, is it very apparent?much more complex than free?
- The sensor in which parts of the body can be put?In my arm I took it more than once on doors and when I took my shirt.
- Is the sensor more spectacular than Free's?
- Dexcom alerts can be silenced?Can they be put in vibration?I say it because I read that the one of less than 55 cannot be deactivated, but I would not like in meetings of the note, or at least have the option of vibrating or sound.

Thank you very much for support and greetings
Jesus

jegalonso's profile photo
jegalonso
03/10/2016 4:35 p.m.

42 años, DT1 desde los 12 años. HbA1c: 5.3%
Dexcom G6 - Humalog y Toujeo

Look if it is spectacular you can see it in the video of the pendant that I don't know what is going, hahaha
Link

In my belly, I lasted for two weeks, in my ass high about three weeks, on the arm of average 4 weeks (the right arm endures them and supero and the left sometimes does not arrive stays three and a half and a half), and in twin 2 weeks if you want to see photos from where in the twin look in my blog in the chronicle of the first half marathon (but I do not advise it although the calibration controls were perfect, I also opened a thread here commenting on it)

The sensor is narrower but taller in the video you can see

If you can silence and put different sound levels or vibrate, the one of 55 already knows that it is an earthquake.

I hope I answered everything, greetings, and I think you will not regret it.
You go to live differently.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
03/10/2016 5:21 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

Look this is my hemo I received it yesterday X mail before going to see the doctor next week.
Thanks to Dexcom, especially, with the help of Animas Vibe and doing some sport.That hem is without hypos thanks to Dexcom is not that it has had ups and downs.It will change your life with its alarms because it warns you at the moment, you have to learn to use it and understand it and put solutions.
You have to know how to use it, understand trends and others.
And so it is hard for us to do sports of a certain intensity, something has sometimes worsened.Doing sports benefits us physically and psychologically, but it is not easy even a sea of ​​roses.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
03/10/2016 5:29 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

Thank you very much for the information Jorge.I have seen that the system is somewhat bigger than the free but not very different, I say it because I travel and I have to do where to take the replacement in case I have to change it.I think it is very good, I as a starting as I have not had asymptomatic declines I will try to use it as the free about following the trends, check the reactions to sport (I have played rugby 10 years and now game already weekly to football butamateur) and food.
There is only one thing that scares me for what I read and I don't know if it can be blocked, and it is if it lowers me 55, the earthquake is going to sound or if?That is, can you not silence yourself in some way?I understand that it is health of course, but in the middle of a meeting or on an airplane, with which it vibrates and I find out I am worth it and that does not just convince me.

All the best

jegalonso
03/10/2016 5:48 p.m.

In 55 mg as you don't throw it out the window, not for hahaha, you can turn it off.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
03/10/2016 10:30 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

Well, I go on, this if he throws me back, because if at least the first signal could be done by vibration or something, I would allow me to stop it, but in this way I see that I end up going out at times ... Ufff.

jegalonso
03/10/2016 11:27 p.m.

That's why?man do you know what these 3.5 years without a hypo?As if sings a serenade.Pita every so often in 55, it is not every minute, to see if any partner tells you the continuity of that alarm

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
03/10/2016 11:59 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.