{'en': 'Dexcom G4 - Everything you need to know', 'es': 'Dexcom G4 - Todo lo que necesitas saber'} Image

Dexcom G4 - Everything you need to know

DiabetesForo's profile photo   01/02/2013 3:16 p.m.

The Dexcom's apartment measures 7x5, so you have to take the 10x12'5 and trim because the smallest size is the same measures as the Dexcom Apity, I let it protrude about 2 cm on each side more or less.
If the Skin Tac only sells Novalab, if they are already going to bring you the Dexcom take advantage and ask at the same time, I think it was € 16 and do not pay the
You will see that change of being with Dexcom always knowing how you are blindly elucidating or walking by clicking every half hour, you will like it !!

Gala's profile photo
Gala
09/18/2015 6:42 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Thank you very much Gala.

The truth is that the Dexcom in the end I get more than anything for work, it is very responsibility, and I do not want to have to always be over 150 to be sure that I will not have a hypoglycemia.

Surely knowing at all times how you are provides a lot of peace of mind, and I can adjust the level of glucose and walk lower both to do sports and to work and sleep.I will lower hemoglobin a barbarity.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
09/18/2015 7:02 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

artories said:
thank you very much gala.

The truth is that the Dexcom in the end I get more than anything for work, it is very responsibility, and I do not want to have to always be over 150 to be sure that I will not have a hypoglycemia.

Surely knowing at all times how you are provides a lot of peace of mind, and I can adjust the level of glucose and walk lower both to do sports and to work and sleep.I will lower hemoglobin a barbarity.

I join what Gala says, the Dexcom is an improvement in the quality of life!The Skin Tac box has wipes to stop a train, it is certainly a good investment.

Con_Q_de_quimica's profile photo
Con_Q_de_quimica
09/18/2015 7:17 p.m.

How is your partner with the Dexcom?I hope your hypos problems have diminished a lot.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
09/18/2015 8:52 p.m.

gala said:
are you talking about Hydrofilm, right?
It is the one that I use and I am phenomenal, apart from the fact that it endures me more, the skin does not irritate anything, they use it in the hospital for babies so that is already significant and it is very easy to put, you do not walk touching the glueFrom the dressing or wrinkles you, I am myth happy, the only price, which spent an Adi paste than if we now get more cheaper.
THANK YOU MONICA !!!!

Nooo the hydrophilm is the one I used next to the Skin Tac, but I will change it for this, for now it is surprising me, the bad since I have it and how it endures !!!!!!!

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
09/18/2015 9:12 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

artories said:
How is your partner with the dexcom?I hope your hypos problems have decreased a lot.

Well yes!!!The hypos that were inadvertent are already history !!, the hyper are also much more controlled.The problem is that I don't know how long we can keep it, but hey, it is better not to think about that and "enjoy" the Dexcom
Thank you very much for your interest !!!!: D

Con_Q_de_quimica's profile photo
Con_Q_de_quimica
09/18/2015 9:36 p.m.

Glad to hear it!

@jconegar which one you are testing now?Can you buy somewhere?

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
09/19/2015 1:25 a.m.

That's what is it, that you have left us halfway
I do not see another in Latinadiabets that is not the hydrofilm (I enter from the mobile, the page does not open well)

Gala's profile photo
Gala
09/19/2015 2:21 a.m.

They are seeing to bring it, they want to make sure it is good before bringing it.This trade for what I see is very clear that it does not sell to sell.It shows that diabetes runs for their blood too.I don't know the really name, in your store it sounds like I saw it but without having stocks yet.I imagine that when they are sure that it goes to the hair they will bring it.But for now I am very happy, today another two -hour training on the road bike at 30 degrees, imagine if I have sweated.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
09/19/2015 3:51 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

I am very interested since I do a lot of sport.Let's see if they have it shortly available!

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
09/19/2015 10:15 p.m.

Hello everyone.

I just acquired the Dexcom a week and I have several doubts:

1) How is the traffic/receiver calibrates to last another week?
2) Has anyone managed to settle the NIGTHSCOUT program and to work? Is it free?

Thank you so much.

algela's profile photo
algela
10/10/2015 1:29 a.m.

I can only help you in the restart of the sensor.
It is very simple, when they have a few hours, it will notify you, when you already get out "End of sensor" you simply go to the menu, start sensor and that's it, then the same as at the beginning, it will take 2 hours to work and then ask you doublecalibration

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/10/2015 3:52 a.m.

Thank you very much Gala, this weekend is fulfilled and did not know how to do it.

algela's profile photo
algela
10/10/2015 6:10 a.m.

You stop sensor and restart, they say the receiver goes out but I have never turned it off.I pass my tlf privately to ask me whatever if you want

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
10/10/2015 9:54 a.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

Hi @algage.
Yes there is someone from the forum who has installed Nigthscout.He was the mother of a girl and are happy with the system.
Look for the Nigthscout forum and it will come out.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
10/10/2015 9 p.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

I have to change the Dexcom sensor (it already gives erroneous values ​​and ???) and on Friday I have to make a wrist resonance
Do you know if it would be enough to take off my trensmitter or do I also have to take off my sensor?Is that of course they are cheap ..
I think it would be enough with the transmitter because everything is plastic only the thread that we carry inside is metal and is minimal and taking into account that there are many people who carry implants and do not have to remove them to become a resonance ...
What do you think ??

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/18/2015 11:09 a.m.

gala said:
I have to change the Dexcom sensor (it already gives erroneous values ​​and ???) and on Friday I have to make a doll resonance
Do you know if it would be enough to take off my trensmitter or do I also have to take off my sensor?Is that of course they are cheap ..
I think it would be enough with the transmitter because everything is plastic only the thread that we carry inside is metal and is minimal and taking into account that there are many people who carry implants and do not have to remove them to become a resonance ...
What do you think ??

Good morning I think that if, with removing the transmitter it would be enough because it is the only thing that emits via Bluetooth signals, you should ask you himself in case, not?
The magnetic fields are very strong.
He has not said where you carry the sensor, luck and that everything goes well with that, then you tell us.
A year ago I had a strong fall and pain in the hip and I also made a full body, the phobia that gave me was aquonant but in the end Naaahh we are going to put you music and do not even find out and in 15 MINS outside and the result and the resultBetter impossible, all good although two by three the muscle pain that attacks the Ciatico nerve has me badly.
greetings.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/18/2015 5:28 p.m.

As I ask, they make me fixed, that they cure in health!
I carry the sensor on the side, at the height of the bra.
I will try removing the transmitter, if I don't appear here anymore, I have electrocuted!:)) :))

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/18/2015 5:50 p.m.

Hi @gala, I took it from you, I copy you what Dexcom's saying in their recommendations for use and I also copy the link.

The receiver, the transmitter and the Dexcom G4 Platinum sensor should be removed before undergoing a magnetic resonance technique by images (RMI), to a computerized axial tomography (TAC) or a diathermic treatment.The Dexcom G4 Platinum system has not been tested during the realization of an image magnetic resonance, a computerized axial tomography or a diathermic treatment, so it is unknown if safety or performance complications can arise.

Link

fer's profile photo
fer
10/18/2015 5:58 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I am the mother who uses Nightscout, I don't know how to label.@algage, if you want to contact me, nuriavegal@gmail.com.

nuriavegal's profile photo
nuriavegal
10/28/2015 12:34 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.