{'en': 'Dexcom G4 - Everything you need to know', 'es': 'Dexcom G4 - Todo lo que necesitas saber'} Image

Dexcom G4 - Everything you need to know

DiabetesForo's profile photo   01/02/2013 3:16 p.m.

Well, I no longer remember the issue that ..
Freestyle is going well and sometimes, no ... it does not convince me because it does not give you total security, although there are people who are happy ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/18/2015 1:37 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Retaking a bit the thread of this post I would like to ask those who already have the Dexcom G4
What are the negative points that see him, in my opinion without having it as a paste I see the following

The insertion device seems an instrument of torture "puts fear".
The very thick sensor
The calibrations that previously commented.
High price 1300 euros + 4 sensor box 340 = 1640
Duration of the battery only 6 months.

It is worth acquiring it if we take into account all these cons or would it be better to wait until the Dexcom G5 goes on sale?

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/18/2015 3:53 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

If I remember correctly, I think there will be some kind of "Operation Renave".

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
07/18/2015 5:30 p.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

They are not 1300, there are 1430 and a sensor box is included and the battery does not last 6 months, it lasts 1 year.
Then what Hansolo says, will make a renovG5, I hope they don't delay it

Gala's profile photo
Gala
07/18/2015 7:46 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

For me the negative point that is at the same time positive is the theme of alarms.I explain: I like it to have alarms because it allows me to correct if it goes up a lot during the night and if you are one of those who have nocturnal hypos and do not find out or live alone because it is great.But at the same time, sometimes at night he wakes me up saying that I am in 55 and the glucometer marks me 75 and of course it gives me a anger ... although I have to say that this usually happens to me the first days that I have a sensornew.

About the other points you comment on your post:

The insertion device: I personally hurt anything, in fact it hurts more when I insert the pump's catheter.

The sensor is very thick: I put it in the glute

The calibrations: with 2 a day it is enough and if you do not calibrate it when it asks you nothing, it continues to mark values ​​equally

High price: yes, although the monthly price can lower if the sensors last 2 or 3 weeks

Duration of the battery: I can't comment on this because I have it only for 3 months

In general I totally recommend the truth, to be able to see the trend of glucose for me is fundamental.Apart that I already had my fingers crushes ...

Inday's profile photo
Inday
07/18/2015 11:44 p.m.

In comparison with the freestyle I do not see anything negative the only price but I know it normally lasts 1 month or a little more each sensor, I do not put any paste and the last transmitter lasted 14 months.
For me the alarms are fundamental, especially during the night that I have finally slept a night in a row since I started in this, which are years and at work the same, I am not thinking how I will walk, if you have not beenproblem, I don't even get out of the bag
What to calibrate it every 12 hours?What Inday said, if you spend 12 hours nothing happens, to others I stay calmer from time to time doing my hair control or do you think that with the freestyle you will not do any in 15 days?You are doing it for sure even if it is not necessary, to stay calm because in the backNo ???

Gala's profile photo
Gala
07/18/2015 11:58 p.m.

I think totally like you.And I wouldn't know how to live without the Dexcom.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
07/20/2015 6:05 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Very good!

Today my girl has put on the Dexcom !!!, she put it at noon and until a while ago it has worked very well, but it does 10 min shower and the symbol of the interrogations has appeared "???".In the manual he says that you have to wait to receive more instructions.Has it ever happened to you?Does it make sense to wait or do I call the technical service?

Con_Q_de_quimica's profile photo
Con_Q_de_quimica
07/31/2015 6:31 p.m.

Sometimes it happens and recovers alone, but when it happens right after the shower, it happened to me if the transmitter was not well placed and some water is filtered, until the drop that has leaked is not driedIt is removed and if you don't squeeze well, it will happen to you every day when you give it.
Try or get the transmitter and put it again or squeeze it simply to see if you hear a click that at some point it was not well placed.

lauriki's profile photo
lauriki
07/31/2015 6:36 p.m.

Hemo (8/2016):5% - Dexcom G4 - Novorapid Penfill + Toujeo

lauriki said:
sometimes passes and recovers alone, but when it happens right after the shower, it happened to me if the transmitter was not well placed and filters a little water, until the drop that has been leaked is dried, it is not removed and if you do not squeeze well you will spend when it dwells.
Try or get the transmitter and put it again or squeeze it simply to see if you hear a click that at some point it was not well placed.

Well, you have given on the nail !!, when we have pressed the "click" has been heard, now it is time to wait.

One hundred ten billion thanks @lauriki !!!!

Con_Q_de_quimica's profile photo
Con_Q_de_quimica
07/31/2015 6:39 p.m.

You are welcome!!It happened to me 2 times the first time late 3 days in Aveeiguar it, every day when I shower, 40 min stayed in ???And by chance he gave me to try to tighten the transmitter and listen to the click!And the second time I passed me directly I squeezed and that's it!Watch when it gives results again because having leaked some water the same gives you for a while some rare value.

lauriki's profile photo
lauriki
07/31/2015 6:45 p.m.

When that happens to you at the beginning of having put it the first days it is not normal.It is usually as Lauriki told you for that.I think you have made a very good choice.
Welcome to the world Dexcom G4.You will see the quality of life you will have now.I for 3 years have not been hicc up.
I imagine that they will have told you to put it in the belly.I do not know that the companions would comment but in the belly it is where it has lasted me less, but I was afraid to change it.
After the barriba he went to the upper gluteus part, if in the rear just below where the belt was, he took an average of about 3 weeks, and the third is true that he gave me the occasional question but endured well.
Now I am testing on the back of the arm (where the triceps is) there lasts the 28 days and goes wonderfully, I have been the second tested in the arm and remains the same as the first.
There are people who put it under the armpit at chest height but it hasn't done well there.
Well and this is the last thing I have seen in an American forum, he says that he is luxurious including calibrations, which does not yet know the duration, I will try to follow the thread to see if he puts it, but I do not have chicha although thatarm does not seem to have much either, I have my doubts about the site but it is appreciated to see daring people.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
07/31/2015 6:48 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

@jconegar I really have always put it in the upper part of gluteo and now that I am on vacation it is the most discreet because it is inside the bikini panties, I even forget that I wear it!

lauriki's profile photo
lauriki
07/31/2015 6:55 p.m.

Puff @jconegar The truth is that it gives me a little grimo to put it on the forearm like the one in the photo ...
In the gut I have never tried even if they recommend putting it on, it seems to me that it has to be super uncomfortable.Where is it better also in gluteo and triceps.What happens is that now in summer it makes me angry that I look so I put it in the gluteos exclusively (thankfully I have two hehehe).It usually lasts about 3 weeks minimal although I don't leave it anymore because the area begins to chop.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
07/31/2015 6:56 p.m.

Well, now I am superfellar for the beach with the animas and the sensor ha ha, they all look at me, they had never looked at me so much, be attractive?Ja, ha, on the forearm is that I last almost the full month a week more than in the back and without interrogations, it is a pass, I do not see it as if I see it, what I see much is the tube ofThe animas ha ha ha, but we are not short, I am running through the beach Ja, haha, a ..
Only one person asked myself and did not stop looking at me before gave me so much anger that I told him that it was a MP3 that he did the music inside the body and the Dexcom that it was to know the body temperature.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
07/31/2015 7:33 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

Well, the same as Jconegar, welcome to the world Dexcom.
When the sensor is always checking double click, that is a sign that the transmitter has placed well.
When the questions come out, do not scare yourself sometimes, I have very proven that during the 4th week onwards, when I get on it I get the ???, change of position and zas as if by magic, at 5 minutesfixed, the previous weeks if they leave do not match the posture.In the instructions he says to wait but I put a calibration and it usually works for me.
I take him on the side, at the height of the bra, of Echo tapo el dexcom with him.It is a place that is comfortable and discreet,
Jconegar for example on that site is uncomfortable, it is a matter of looking for places that is comfortable.
A very important thing, remember that it goes 15 minutes late, I say it more than x down, for their comebacks, that it does not start to take glucose until in the Dexcom it goes up because it is going to happen, really in theRemoved are 30 minutes of lag, 15 that carries the dexcom of delay and another 15 that takes the glucose to climb that I did it at first and the climb was colossal ...

Gala's profile photo
Gala
07/31/2015 8:10 p.m.

Gala I already told you that I am considering putting on a bra, ha ha, everything is because the sensor lasts longer and in case I have somewhere ha ha ha, although with almost the full month I already give myself moreWhat satisfied.I have spent in a very little year thanks to the butt and now to the arm, now at the end of August all the boxes will be sent to me, thankfully they do not expire and know a certain science since even if they are expired they work to the hair.
What's up another person with Dexcom !!!!It is a shame that we can not allow ourselves for the price, I have deprived myself of much but I am not repentant.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
07/31/2015 8:19 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

Jconegar, is that before you lasted little, now you can find a song in lis teeth like the one that says ...
Maybe it is because we stamped to carry the subject and x we ​​don't miss it so much.
Acuanto comes the sensor with the annual subscription?

Gala's profile photo
Gala
07/31/2015 8:33 p.m.

gala said:
jconegar, is that before you lasted little, now you can find a song in lis teeth like the one that says ...
Maybe it is because we stamped to carry the subject and x we ​​don't miss it so much.
Acuanto comes the sensor with the annual subscription?

Ha, ha ha gala, you're bad, ha ha.I would not get used to ha ha, imagine you also get to the gym's locker room and take off my shirt and look at the dexcom, I see my animas with the tubit and on top with a bra, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ja ja ja ha.
Let's see but remember 68.57 plus VAT each sensor that I think was 7%.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
07/31/2015 9:15 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

ha ha ha!!It would be a tip !!THE "RARIT" of Ginmasio
It seems to me that VAT is 10% in sensors and 21% in the transmitter

Gala's profile photo
Gala
07/31/2015 9:21 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.