{'en': 'Encapsulated beta cells, great hope in 5 years.', 'es': 'Células beta encapsuladas, gran esperanza en 5 años.'} Image

Encapsulated beta cells, great hope in 5 years.

Artorias's profile photo   09/12/2015 4:29 p.m.

You have said truths like fists, Pochola.

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
12/22/2015 11:10 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Jo..er @pochola, it seems that I would have said it, so I feel exactly

Gala's profile photo
Gala
12/23/2015 4:28 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

@Pochola I subscribe your comment, our life from the outside, it may seem very normal, but we all know what it costs to maintain that normality, I could not have explained it better than you, said this, courage and go ahead !!;)

fer's profile photo
fer
12/23/2015 5:12 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I do not believe that the investigations do not advance for not complaining.
Researchers know very well what they face, and money they ask for. And it is not the same to kill a virus, than to manufacture a pancreatic theok that works.
I compare diabetes with the loss of one hand, in the sense of seeing how Dwvuelven.
If islet implants are achieved by clonic stem cell crops, it will be almost a miracle,
And one of the historical advances in medicine, such as antibiotics and vaccines.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/23/2015 8:19 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
I don't think research does not advance for not complaining.Like me, when my daughter debuted.
Researchers know very well what they face, and money they ask for. And it is not the same to kill a virus, than to manufacture a pancreatic theok that works.
I compare diabetes with the loss of one hand, in the sense of seeing how Dwvuelven.
If islet implants are achieved by clonic stem cell crops, it will be almost a miracle,
And one of the historical advances in medicine, as were antibiotics and vaccines.

Your daughter debuted at the same time as me and they told me that "it was nothing."

And have you talked to researchers?Because I do speak, for example, with Bob Elliot, one of the most advanced are on the subject of the encapsulated cells and told me that if they had the same administrative, legal and bureaucracy obstacles that there is now the late insulin 20 years to get to the market, instead of a week, as happened 100 years ago.(I asked why they were so fast to get her out then and now they are so slow)

He told me that there are about 400 priests of the DM1 in mice and still most of the money and investigations go to look for more priests for mice and many of them in a type of induced diabetes in such a way that it is already known that it does not have to do not have toSeeing with the human, still it is done, because nobody complains.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
12/24/2015 12:11 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

With those that I have spoken (Prince Awards, who have gone through my institute,) are always very cautious, because they need, in addition to money, time and luck.
And if these are medical treatments, safety tests are very rigid, because you have to make sure that, trying to cool, it does not cause another more serious.
I hope everything was so easy ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/24/2015 1:37 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

It would be very easy if we did not have the health and research kidnapped by the pharmaceutical mafia.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
12/24/2015 2:09 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

@Regina I would be arranged right now to be put on the implant that I speak in this thread, with encapsulated beta cells.
The times between phase and test phase are huge, and they are putting many obstacles to make sure it is safe.

But I should have the option of accepting the risk of using something that is not yet safe and can kill me.I should have the right to decide for myself if I want to make a guinea pig.

With what I know about the project so far, it is worth playing life, I also play every day that happened with this disease to end up losing parts of the body, we already understand each other.

JODER, that there are people in this investigation that are not needing to inject insulin (according to rumors), and in the meantime we enslaved to punctures for years, until someone decides that it is already safe, or until the project mysteriously disappears for reasons that comment @Sherpa41

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
12/24/2015 2:57 a.m.

& lt; blockquote class = "quote" rel = "artories
But I should have the option of accepting the risk of using something that is not yet safe and can kill me.I should have the right to decide for myself if I want to make a guinea pig.

& lt;/blockquote & gt;

Totally agree.
I also want to be a guinea pig of Indies already.

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
12/24/2015 11:41 p.m.

Hello everyone.

Today (it really was yesterday) I have spoken with them again, because the update of the tracking page of the study that they did in December does not include any relevant information (it was just a "EH, we are here, we have nothing to say, butThe project continues. "Yes, they have attended me on the weekend, it has missed me, but they attend.

The answer is that there is no news.The essay continues its course and politics is to strictly follow the protocol that prevents researchers from contacting the essay volunteers, as they have told me.I have insisted a little and they have told me that they are in cohort 1, which is the first of all and that it has very few members.They have also added that the doses they are putting are subterapeutics (I have not wanted to go into details, I imagine that they will work with a smaller cell pool).

If you want more details: the first two cohorts will be done at the University of California San Diego and at the University of Alberta In Edmonton.When these two cohorts show that the TTO is harmless will expand with more volunteers in 5 other Centers in the USA and Canada.I already have the phones of those responsible to try to obtain more information from the doctors who carry the study directly, although it is certain that they will not be able to reveal any data of a blind study.I am only interested in knowing if the studies have already started in the first 2 patients, who are going to start.

I wanted to comment here even if there is nothing new, so that you know that I have not forgotten and that I am aware of everything, in addition to taking great care.

By the way, up there I have read that there are people who remain important to this health condition.Well, personally I believe that the leader of the investigation that, with the at least functional solution of this problem (understood as allowing patients a completely normal life to pass the solution or not to "repair" the native pancreas),He will be a serious Nobel candidate;Look if I am convinced of the magnitude of the problem, both in individual health and in the amount of affected population.

All the best.

joejunior's profile photo
joejunior
01/11/2016 11:31 p.m.

Thank you very much @joejunior, hear anything in this study always joy.

It seems that there is the thing quite green yet and that the rumors that there are patients who do not put insulin is a lie.
What do you want to pass the security phase and publish results ...

The Nobel would undoubtedly give it to the one who found how to repair an immune system that has become subnormal.And this way, other even more terrible autoimmune diseases could be cured.(And the type1 we have a high possibility of developing other autoimmune enters ...)
Well the one to discover that for me would be the fucking master until someone comes with the total core of cancer.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
01/11/2016 11:56 p.m.

Well, I am with you 110% @Artorias.Anyway, preclinical essays had excellent results.I usually be very pessimistic because most investigations usually end up in results always lower than expected.But the mechanisms involved in this research are so reasonable that they make me optimistic as I have rarely been.

Let's cross your fingers !!

joejunior
01/12/2016 12:05 a.m.

It's true.This invention, within the complexity of its development, is that you get to inform yourself of how it works and what you are going to do, and you say "fuck, the truth is that it is a good idea and it is simple, it should work."It is not like other things that look much further.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
01/12/2016 12:16 a.m.

Thanks @Joejunior, for sharing your information.
My daughter has not been with this for a year yet, and this beginning of the year I have been fatal thinking about everything that awaits her, I think I am worse now than at the beginning of the disease.
And see that those who understand all this have a ray of hope, is a huge joy.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
01/12/2016 10:11 a.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Thank you very much for the information.It's more than information, it's Esperanza ...

I believe in the cure.Over here or anywhere else, you will arrive, you will see.

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
01/12/2016 10:34 a.m.

When my daughter debuted with less than two years, they told me that a cure would soon come out, that I would not get to teenager being diabetics, and notice that this year she will already fulfill the 16. Despite the discouragement that takes the passage of time, I also joinThe hope of @roar and all us.That solution that we expect will come out, and this current treatment will be part of the past, just as diseases with vaccines and fighted infections, before mortals, with penicillin have been eradicated.Meanwhile, we continue to share information so that all viable projects obtain dissemination and funds and to keep us expectation with enthusiasm.

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
01/12/2016 10:54 a.m.

Dulce introducción al caos...
DT 3

@Ainhoa, @rociollinares, I send you all the love and spirits that I can for you and for your daughters.I think you have to have hope.Researchers are always very cautious with their work.I know many.Many classes have given me many.Some investigating serious diseases in Spain (that there are).That is why they are also so cautious, especially taking into account what are brought in hand.

I love talking to you.You give me very good advice and encouragement, so whenever I find out something I run to put it here.

@Roar I believe it too.I think diabetes has gone too far.I think that it is costing too much money to someone (private insurance in the USA, administration, whoever) and I do not think there are political or economic obstacles for treatment.In addition, more and more differentiation factors are known for IPSC, not only is it something economical, it is that there is competition between the different laboratories: one wants to take out the artificial pancreas, the other the VC-01, others are with the fibroblastic growth factors... I think they know that they have a free way and the one to take it out, it is lined, just as it has happened with the Sofosbuvir, whose unreasonInvestment even with the "copies" of the drugs sold in some countries.

I think it will arrive, maybe with delay, but I think it will arrive.I also think it will be face, but here I think we are all willing to pay.

That said, a hug for all.Thanks for writing here.I have learned a lot, and you have encouraged me more than once with your messages.

joejunior
01/12/2016 8:19 p.m.

Hello, your @joejunior if you give us hope for all with the news you put.Thank you very much for having us aware of the novelties, and hopefully sooner than later they reach us all, and thus give us a quality of life within normality.

Pachi's profile photo
Pachi
02/04/2016 10:51 a.m.

I believe that it will take a long time to find a definitive cure for this disease, but what is true is that many changes that improve the life of the diabetic would arrive and normal life can almost be made, we have to keep in mind that diabetes affectsTo the food that the body needs, not to another nature, because, in a few years the insulin pill will act as the rapid insulin, the bionic pancreas a kind of intelligent insulin pump that applied insulin and glucabon, I mean that everything performsThe function of a normal pancreas, and later perhaps the encapsulation comes.
The problem we have for all types of research is that the pharmaceutical industry is not interested, since if reactive strips, needles, meters, dressings, insulins etc etc etc. It is true that we have to press through associations through associationsetc because what is clear is that if an advance comes first to the US and then to Europe and then to Spain.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/21/2016 6:34 p.m.

roar said:
sherpa41 said:
jconegar said:
jconegar said:
@sherpa41 clashes what you comment on incormism and pessimism, I just realized what is at the base of your comments.I'm glad you really think like many others.
"In 1922 they discovered insulin, in 1930 slow insulin. What the pussy have done since then?"
Well, I tell you, two m ...... s because we move millions

It is one thing to have a very critical attitude with the past and current situation on this issue and fight to change.And another a passive, conformist and hopeless.

I am very fucking the attitude of some diabetics and most of doctors and "educators", who strive to instill in the children and parents of the children who debut, even now, not to think about miracles, that this will be forAlways and things like that.As if instead of scientists were religious who only believe in miracles.

If we want this to change, what we have to do is get doctors, scientists, associations, etc.that is lived with diabetes.

We are continuously sent messages to society and those who decide in this, that diabetes although your health fucks and kills you is something good and positive.What pussy will they boost the search for a cure if that is the message we give?

Sherpa41, totally agree.There is nothing that bursts me more than all those super happy people with their diabetes.I think acceptance is a tremendous mistake.If we even protect, who will do it? ...

Jconegar, it is true that we move brutal amounts of money, but the fact is that there are a few very hopeful open research lines.Nothing is achieved with negativity ("they will never get the cure").What you have to do is complain, complain and continue complaining, because this is not life.

With negativism nothing is achieved but unfortunately politicians swell a public public health and there are still diabetic patients who do not have the glucose meter, the freestyle does not enter, etc. Etc etc. Everything is based on paying and paying,So if a cure comes out we will be the last and paying it

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/21/2016 6:37 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.