{'en': 'Encapsulated beta cells, great hope in 5 years.', 'es': 'Células beta encapsuladas, gran esperanza en 5 años.'} Image

Encapsulated beta cells, great hope in 5 years.

Artorias's profile photo   09/12/2015 4:29 p.m.

Thanks for the explanations

rafach's profile photo
rafach
09/17/2015 9:05 p.m.

Diebetico desde hace 12 años. Ultima hemo 6.9%. Usuario de freestyle.

More info:
http:/vavacyte.com/clinical/faqs/
Link

News from recently with video, which can be seen well the size of the implant: Link

Some rumors say that people who are in the clinical trial are not needing insulin ... They are rumors but fuck ...
I do not want to wait 5 or 10 years for this, I hope I could participate in the essays ... if I had money I went to the US. To offer me.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
11/19/2015 1:05 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, I don't know if I would offer me as a guinea pig but all that advances seems important and positive <:-P

pike's profile photo
pike
11/19/2015 8:01 a.m.

DM1 desde 2015-Novorapid 2/2/2/2-Toujeo(en proceso)-Mañana
Glucosilada 4/2017: 7,2

Man, who was announced by a Canadian folk singer with his hat and everything does not give me much credibility, if I announced Falete dressed as Sevilana the same I thought about it...

I have looked at the link they have of the "trial" and put on the end of 2014 and in principle last two years.Let's see if those rumors soon become something real, it would be the bomb...

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/19/2015 12:20 p.m.

The other day in an appointment with the medical chief of my work to dealHe had a pleasant surprise because he knew of his existence and very seriously told me that there are very reliable and hopeful clinical trials and that the MCGs would be nonsense compared to them.We do not depart anymore on the subject but I think it referred to the theme cells and other research ongoing .. I am quite pessimistic about healing but his security gave me to think ..

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
11/19/2015 1:50 p.m.

Yes please ...... We need hope

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
11/19/2015 1:59 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Well, at home if we would participate as guinea pigs ....... little must be lost.

And this @joejunior cannot be done by cloning?We would also have unlimited production, right?

I believe @rociollinares that your daughter will see and benefit half a term of a solution for her diabetes.Those who are from the 70s, or before, I do not think we get to see it, but if it is our obligation, I think, work, press, protest, etc ... so that people like Mary have a different future to our present.

Monica_LTD's profile photo
Monica_LTD
11/19/2015 9:08 p.m.

www.latiendadeladiabetes.com
info.latiendadeladiabetes@gmail.com

El Libro Blanco de la Diabetes
La diabetes contada por diabéticos

I am sure that I am not going to live the cure.My life is made, but my fight is because the little DT fights to get their illusions and diabetes do not stop them.I want them to fight so that we are not the bank that makes us progress with counts, the bank that makes it really not investigated enough for a cure but to see what they can do to earn more money.
Hopefully!!!!!They live the cure and this has been a closed chapter in the history of the world.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
11/20/2015 9:50 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

The cure does not believe that it comes to exist, but its better quality of life, and Jconegas if we will live it, the improvement of safe life, we will be 70 years old and we will walk with patches like the infarctions that lead to nitroglycerin.

When they say 5 years I get in 10, that if I hope it is to wait for something, not to wait and then fail like inhaled insulin.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
11/20/2015 10:38 a.m.

@Monica_ltd, @jconegar thousand thanks for your struggle and helps thinking about others.
@Anzazuleg, hope we should not lose it. In particular I need to have that hope to be able to get all this out and keep fighting, the same because we have been shortly, but I hope for the good of my daughter never lose her.

RocioLlinares
11/20/2015 11:05 a.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Let's see that we have improved something, do not believe that 20 years ago we had these insulins now, everything was more difficult and we hear here giving badly, hehehe ... I think that if they improved the treatment, but diabetics we will continue to be, that aI do not care, but if they improve the treatment to have diabetes it would be like having high tension or tendency to cholesterol.That is my goal, that can lead a normal life, eating what he wants and whenever he wants.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
11/20/2015 11:14 a.m.

A little about this, the other day I saw that the Douglas Melton team have created a company and patented its technology to generate beta cells, which presented the Cell magazine last year -> Link

On the one hand I think it is a good sign, because I understand that it indicates that they have hope that this works, but on the other hand I do not know how the issue that other researchers can use that technology if it is patented.

davidT1's profile photo
davidT1
11/20/2015 11:14 a.m.

DM1 desde 2015
Lantus 10 (a las 14:00h)
Novorapid 2-4-2
HbA1c 5.3
----------------------
DM3 por partida doble

The truth @aranzaluleg, I think a lot of all the people who have been with this for years, if now I suffer I can not imagine how you would.The brother of a friend of mine, has been for 8 years and now has 40, if it is now difficult, I do not even want to think 30 years ago ... but well there you are, giving a great example ....

RocioLlinares
11/20/2015 12:16 p.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

The encapsulated beta cells are not a cure, eye.Let's say it is a good patch for our dismissal.
It is an implant that is estimated to change it more or less once a year.And it is not yet known if the insulin you believe will be enough in all situations or if we will need an extra reinforcement.

A cure is to be able to tell our immune system to stop attacking our beta cells, and that is far away ...

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
11/20/2015 1:21 p.m.

@Arotorias and you would not sign the year for a year to put a patch and make normal life without looking at you every 2 hours the blood glucose ... ??

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
11/20/2015 1:24 p.m.

kraken said:
man, who announced it a Canadian folk singer with his hat and everything does not give me much credibility, if here I announced him Falete dressed in Sevila...

I have looked at the link they have of the "trial" and put on the end of 2014 and in principle last two years.Let's see if those rumors soon become something real, it would be the bomb...

:)) Falete Power ¡¡

rafach's profile photo
rafach
11/20/2015 3:24 p.m.

Diebetico desde hace 12 años. Ultima hemo 6.9%. Usuario de freestyle.

I do believe that I am going to see the cure, understanding for such something like the encapsulated beta cells or the artificial pancreas.

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
11/20/2015 4:30 p.m.

roar said:
I do I think I'm going to see the cure, understanding something like that of the encapsulated beta cells or the artificial pancreas.

I do not support that conformism/pessimism of many diabetics.Hope should never be lost.And the requirement that a cure or better treatment for this horrible disease should always be in our associations, communities, websites and others.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
11/20/2015 9:21 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

@Sherpa41 is neither conformism nor pessimism, the amount of money we move is reality.
You see logical that since the pen was invented, that I invented, to put the insu of a vial in a pen, my mother what they had to think, we go that I remember that we already talked to the association as comfortable as it would be that they would removeThe roads and put them in a kind of ball (28 and a half years ago).
And what has advanced the pen, the same size from the beginning, which is more than double large than the insulin cartridge inside, what happens cannot investigate something that pushes the insulin and smaller embolo?Or what happens is that they are not interested in thinking about that because we move millions of €.
Hopefully they invent something !!!But that invent an immediate action insulin, a continuous meter with real data at the time.To make transplants and go well, make exact glucometers not that you repeat the analysis many times and give you differences of up to 40 mg.
I don't know the years that you will take even more than me, but what I see that we are a very important source of money, and invents little.
You speak of demand, I laugh at that demand when in this damn country health in each CCAA works in a different way and do not give the same material.
We are all Spanish but we all have the same rights.
There I leave the debate open.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
11/20/2015 10:27 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Huy, I almost caught me when the syringes were made of glass and the needles had to be boiled, I just debuted when the syringes began, which of course you reused and did not give them to you in social security and the glucometer?There was no, put a drop of blood on a strip, cleaned it and put yourself to compare colors to see where you were ... and then the first gluconteros put the blood on the strip, cleaned and put it in the glucometer and read the color, so something we have advanced since the prehistory that was that but there we stagnate, that was the great jump but what is 20 !!
In 20 years what?Put the insulin in a ball as @jconegar says and ultrarapid insulin because slow existed the ultra -less than the lantus ..
Let's see if they spab with the MCG and bombs and take another leap !!

Gala's profile photo
Gala
11/20/2015 10:49 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.