{'en': 'Encapsulated beta cells, great hope in 5 years.', 'es': 'Células beta encapsuladas, gran esperanza en 5 años.'} Image

Encapsulated beta cells, great hope in 5 years.

Artorias's profile photo   09/12/2015 4:29 p.m.

Link

Surely the author of this blog, specializing in analyzing studies of cures of type 1 diabetes, analyzes the conclusions of phase 1 of the study (if they have already been published).

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
02/03/2021 4 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Encapsulated cells where they place them in the liver or in the nephron in the kidney they touch them in the pancreas destroyed the same or leukocytes CD4 CD8 macrophages a greeting a greeting

2piuviato1frts's profile photo
2piuviato1frts
02/03/2021 4:01 p.m.

K5288pn25.

But ... what if more capsules are triggered than adequate, you receive more insulin, or much more, of the adequate and produces a downturn that can even produce death?

It is the dangerous of systems like those.

DavidAG2000's profile photo
DavidAG2000
02/03/2021 7:39 p.m.

@Davidag2000, they encapsulate to defend them from antibodies.
They are living cells that in theory would act like their own.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/03/2021 8:54 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
@davidag2000, are encapsulated to defend them from antibodies.
They are living cells that in theory would act like their own.

My idea is the same ... what if they had a malfunction and the aforementioned fact occurred?

DavidAG2000's profile photo
DavidAG2000
02/03/2021 9:01 p.m.

@Davidag2000, are in experimental studies.You do not work with guarantees, they cannot approve them.
What I see even more difficult is to get enough cells to make it a generalized treatment.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/04/2021 3:05 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

Hello,
I have dedicated myself to the microencapsulation of active substances for implantation for 15 years, we made several clinical trials that worked and I remember that before the year 2000 publications on beta cells had appeared.Beta cell microencapsulation had been made in permeable media, there was even a person who had received the implementation of microcapsules and for a year was gluconormalized.Studies in this regard have not stopped for 25 years, so the subject is not new.However, many practical problems arise that make commercialization not easy.As much as we protect the cell, a microcapsule is still something "weird" for the immune system and the arrival of oxygen to the cells can be compromised by coatings.In any case science advances and this is a very valid bet.
Greetings

PeterNut's profile photo
PeterNut
02/07/2021 3:12 p.m.

Hello very good, nobody has considered traveling outside Spain to be treated with stem cells?I have seen that in the US, Costa Rica, China, for example, perform diabetes treatments

dhl1986's profile photo
dhl1986
02/07/2021 11:30 p.m.

@dhl1986 are scams.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/07/2021 11:55 p.m.

How long does the encapsulated?How does the cell feed?
Because my gad antibodies will continue there, giving cane.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/09/2021 7:05 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.