{'en': 'Encapsulated beta cells, great hope in 5 years.', 'es': 'Células beta encapsuladas, gran esperanza en 5 años.'} Image

Encapsulated beta cells, great hope in 5 years.

Artorias's profile photo   09/12/2015 4:29 p.m.

The benefits of diabetes stem cells

The studies carried out in Canada and the United States found that when the stem cells were injected into the bloodstream of diabetic mice, they encouraged their path to the damaged pancreas, where they could boost the growth of new cells.It is believed that something in the bone marrow, somehow activates the regeneration of the cells.According to studies, diabetes symptoms were invested in the two weeks after mice received bone marrow injections with stem cells.Its high blood sugar levels were reduced to almost normal values ​​and insulin levels, rose.Even more interesting is that cell growth was not the same injected cells but that injected stem cells fired cell production in the pancreas of the receiver itself.The results were particularly fascinating for researchers because when stem cells were injected into healthy, non -diabetic mice, there was no change.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/28/2016 6 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, this investigation is not green, we know that this is nothing, although it is good that there are many who arise

hoyos9's profile photo
hoyos9
02/28/2016 10:59 p.m.

Antonimar Argentina is 2005 again that patient was never known.

Picias's profile photo
Picias
02/29/2016 12:09 a.m.

picias said:
Antonimar that of Argentina is 2005 never knew that patient.

And the patch is a dressing full of needles with insulin, nailed to the skin, which sounds quite bad.The last news that comments with stem cells, today are only mice things.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
02/29/2016 2:55 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

picias said:
Antonimar that of Argentina is 2005 never knew that patient.

Uuuufff is true, maybe it's no longer among us hehehe

DiabetesForo
02/29/2016 4:29 p.m.

Good I just talked to a friend who knows a person who has participated in the experiment of encapsulated cells and as he comments is doing normal life for the moment without using insulin.
Well

DiabetesForo
03/01/2016 7:55 p.m.

Let's see..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/01/2016 8:01 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

antonimar said:
good I just talked to a friend who knows a person who has participated in the experiment of encapsulated cells and as he comments is making normal life at the moment without using insulin.
Well

Are you sure that person is in the study?In what city of the United States does it live?

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
03/02/2016 1:34 a.m.

antonimar said:
good I just talked to a friend who knows a person who has participated in the experiment of encapsulated cells and as he comments is making normal life at the moment without using insulin.
Well

Do they give it immunosuppressants?If so, that positive result is not worth anything.

I say it because in the trials, before trying the encapsulated cells they usually do with cells without encapsular and with immunosuppressive drugs.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
03/02/2016 3:27 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Now he is in Spain for a while has been in the US and does not take immunosuppressants and as he comments for the moment he makes normal life, until he becomes controls

DiabetesForo
03/02/2016 7:13 a.m.

I am surprised to read that because in this interview Link they said that they were still giving subterapeutic therapy to the patients, and that they were optimistic but that it would be more towards the end of this year when they would startto insert the pastiches those with the necessary doses to get what they are looking for.

Mikel01's profile photo
Mikel01
03/02/2016 8:08 a.m.

antonimar said:
good I just talked to a friend who knows a person who has participated in the experiment of encapsulated cells and as he comments is making normal life at the moment without using insulin....

Now it is in Spain for a while has been in the US and does not take immunosuppressants and as comments for the moment it makes normal life, until it becomes for controls

In that case it is very interested, to see if you can get more data.:-)

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
03/03/2016 9:07 a.m.

I am trying to get information about intelligent insulin, since phase 1 theoretically ends this month.I have sent several emails asking if they are going to publish results.Let's see if they tell me something.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
03/03/2016 4:34 p.m.

About news of the encapsulated beta cells:
Link

"Three months After Implantation, The Cells Are Surevival, They are prolifering ... The Device Is Vascularized, and they are differentiating," Laikind Said."We Can Show Markers of Insulin Production in the Cells."

"Three months after the implementation, the cells are surviving, they are proliferating ... the device is vascularized, and they are differentiating," said Laikind."We can show insulin production markers in cells."

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
03/03/2016 4:41 p.m.

And right now they have just published this:
Link

It seems that the estimated date for the completion of encapsulated beta cell studies is about 2020.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
03/03/2016 5:28 p.m.

I think the same as the classmates, and I am also boring just as commenting on the same as them.
I don't believe anything and that is not worth it.
The first thing they have to do is investigate in a real -time MCG and an insulin in real time, if they get this we will have advanced something.
Then it has to be completely financed by social security, meanwhile nothing will be worth anything.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
03/03/2016 6:41 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Well, I don't want devices or punctures, I want to be a normal person again.

For the first time in 100 years since insulin therapy began, we have relatively close something that can change our lives.

Everything that you have told you that you have been with the disease for many years, of "in 5 or 10 years this is cured" were lies, they have been telling you a ball all the time and it is normal to distrust.There has not been in all these years something that could really change our lives, something that in human studies that could reach phase 3.

Now things are finally coming out.If it is very simple, does it appear on clinicaltrials.gov phase 1 and 2, will everything go to phase 3?Well, hopeful.Instead, haven't you even reached phase1 or has been in phase1 for 10 years?Wet paper, hop sitting.

I do not want to be a robot with the shit of the "artificial pancreas", I want to be a normal person, and sooner or later it will arrive.

I understand that they have listed a lot until almost laughing at you, the scientific community more than 20 years should have given its face and say that a cure or equivalent was very far and that you did not wait for it, it is a shame to read items 15 years ago 15 years agoThey said they were "ready."

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
03/03/2016 6:55 p.m.

artories said:
and right now they have just published this:
Link

It seems that the estimated date for the completion of encapsulated beta cell studies is about 2020.

the information is in English, does anyone know what they say ????

DiabetesForo
03/03/2016 8:43 p.m.

I'm fed up with my hair.I started with 5 years.I remember perfectly when the insurance doctor told my mother that she was a diabetic and she did not give credit, meanwhile, I was sitting there, in the chair next door, without understanding anything, thinking, naive of me, that I would already get well.
They entered the hospital, just after a few Christmas.I still shiver evoking the terror I felt in that wheelchair in which they took me.It was the first time in my life that went up in one, but the faces of my parents, despite their efforts, could not hide the fear that was in their eyes.And I, although I was 5 years old, noticed.

My mother had to learn all the diabetological education for me, and surely the punctures and my crying hurt her more when I was injected with insulin with syringes that myself.He went to a multitude of talks, including one with the Cantamañanas of Bernat Soria, where there was talk of a cure that would arrive soon, that in adolescence I would surely have already taken away from this ... stories.

Right now I am 31 years old.I have only had a serious hospitalization for a digestive bleedlife".That sentence sat like a losazo in my face.
I've been with very decompensated sugar for months, with high and very low peaks.I have gone to the endocrine to know if I should change insulinas (Lantus 20-0-20 and Novorapid 8-8-8) and to ask for new options for the future.Well, neither one nor the other.He dedicated himself to throwing me the charta of things that I already have very present and that crush me every day.He assured me that in the medium term the way of controlling the disease was going to change radically, but that only the sick with adequate care of the disease were going to access those "technologies" (used that word) that seemed to me that very statement verydiscriminatory, but I didn't feel like arguing.
The case is that the best jump I have experienced in 26 years of illness was to move from the syringe to the pen/ball through needles that mistreat the skin less.For the rest, and speaking in silver, the same as always shit.Many hopes in his day with the discovery of the stem cells years ago and here we continue, that the motorcycle that they sell us now is an insulin pump with parameters fixed to function in some values ​​and they call it "artificial pancreas"
I don't see progress, I only see products;We are not people, we are customers.I doubt that the pharmaceutical industry will find a way of healing, and therefore, lose its estimated 400 million fixed clients that are expected by 2030. If the world function as it should, above selfishness, life would be.I have no great expectations for the future and I think more and more that will bury me with this shit that I have to suffer day after day ...

Sif's profile photo
Sif
03/03/2016 10:30 p.m.

artories said:
Well I don't want devices or punctures, I want to be a normal person again ...
I do not want to be a robot with the shit of the "artificial pancreas", I want to be a normal person, and sooner or later it will arrive.

I totally agree, for me, the meters and syringes that must always be carried in the skin (that is CGM and pumps) seem to me a terrible delay with respect to the normal bolis and meters.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
03/03/2016 11:09 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.