{'en': 'A question: What do I do if I wear fast insulin by error instead of the slow?', 'es': 'Una duda: ¿Que hago si me pongo insulina rápida por error en lugar de la lenta?'} Image

A question: What do I do if I wear fast insulin by error instead of the slow?

dongui19's profile photo   09/06/2015 4:49 a.m.

How do you carry it, @dani_gt?For the time of your post, the novorapid effect has already had to happen.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
08/26/2024 8:17 a.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

salad said:
How do you carry it, @dani_gt?For the time of your post, the novorapid effect has had to happen already.

Well, I have about 8 envelopes of sugar a Aquarius, a cocola, 2 bananas ... etc. I have the stomach scrambled with such history that I have put it.I think I have controlled it at the moment, I have been looking at the glucose and I see that I was in 120 I have not let it go down, now I am in 160.I think the worst has happened or so I hope, what has best me is to keep calm, and not put me nervous, although I confess that I have scared.
I have been well read and see how you have managed it.
Thank you very much for asking, you feel less alone.Thank you!

Dani_GT's profile photo
Dani_GT
08/26/2024 8:26 a.m.

Lada Julio 2024.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Very important when we fall into hiccum is to keep calm, but we lite it and end up in hyper

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
08/26/2024 1:20 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It has happened to me twice and both I have gone to emergency.I prefer that they put me glucose by vein than to watch over fluids and food.
I hope you're fine @dani_gt

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
08/26/2024 2:50 p.m.

anaisabel said:
has passed me twice and both I have gone to emergency.I prefer that they put me glucose by vein than to watch over fluids and food.
I hope you're fine @dani_gt

Hi Anaisabel, I'm fine, with him, somewhat scrambled stomach but well, thank you very much!

Dani_GT's profile photo
Dani_GT
08/26/2024 2:56 p.m.

Lada Julio 2024.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

It has never happened to me and I have been with the fast and maintenance insulins for more than 30 years since they left.If it had occurred, fast absorption hydrates and especially sugar and spoon.
The amount of units are many and sitting with all this within my reach to measure and supply sugar until the insulin effect ends.
If any questions arise, my advice is to go to the emergency room

josem0129's profile photo
josem0129
08/27/2024 11:34 p.m.

@Dani_gt
What a scare, thankfully you knew how to manage it well ...

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
08/28/2024 8:34 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Isabelbota said:
@dani_gt

If I got a good scare, also with the little experienco I still have ... my name is the educator, I commented that I did it quite well, but although 16u.They seem many to be reasonably well managed, if they had been more advisable, it is going to emergency.How disgust I have taken to sugar.

Dani_GT's profile photo
Dani_GT
08/28/2024 8:52 a.m.

Lada Julio 2024.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hi @dani_gt I also get 16 or slow and it has also happened to me to confuse twice.For me the worst is to see that arrow going down to every pill in the sensor, how bad it is.But it is true that 16 U is something that can be controlled.Let's cross your fingers so that it does not happen to any.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
08/28/2024 9:33 a.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

dani_gt said:
Isabelbota said:
@dani_gt

If I got a good scare, also with the little experienco I still have ... my name is the educator, I commented that I did it quite well, but although 16u.They seem many to be reasonably well managed, if they had been more advisable, it is going to emergency.How disgust I have taken to sugar.

I think I would have swollen from Coca Cola, which is what rises faster and I like it.
And yes, it is true, you have taken little to confuse.In three and a half years it has not happened to me.I cross my fingers ... 🤞🤞🤞
(At least I get 9 slow, it's not much ...)

isabelbota
08/28/2024 9:53 a.m.

Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

It has only happened to me once, and I took the opportunity to eat forbidden fruit.I did not have much problem, nor did I get to Hip, I realized on the spot.There were only 18 novorapid.
The important thing is to realize quickly and be calm.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/29/2024 6:07 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

It happened to me last year.It was in the morning and my son was driving me a little crazy with an excursion that he had and we were in a hurry to get to school in time.My head was in other things .... I don't know what happened, I had to prick the fast that were 5 units and suddenly I realized that I was lasting the prick and had put 22 units .....
My decision was to go to hospital emergencies, it took 10 min to arrive and would give me time.I didn't play it staying at home, I was afraid.
I told them that they wouldn't leave me waiting for me because I could stay little bird in the waiting room ... They listened to me and everything went well.
This is my experience ....

Joyce's profile photo
Joyce
09/01/2024 1:34 p.m.

donguita19 said:
good,

If for a case instead of putting on the 20 units of insulin lantus that corresponds to me every night I am wrong and I put 20 of fast insulin (Apidra) what would I have to do?

I have been told to put the glucagon but I don't know if it will be enough to counteract the 20 Us of fast insulin.

Thank you!.

Hello good,

I spent exactly this and, as I was at my sister's house and it was before going to sleep, I started taking things, I understood that it was going to be difficult with what I had and went to the emergency room.There they were only controlling and giving me juices.No glucage.As someone comments, for what I understand, you should only manage if the patient is unconscious.
Greetings

Badenas's profile photo
Badenas
09/02/2024 1:41 p.m.

Well today happened to me.I think it's the first time in 30 years.I was having watching a very funny series.

I punctuate the fast before eating and when at the end I am going to wear the slow one, as I was seeing the series I have looked, I look at the ball and I see that I have clicking the fast again, instead of the slow one.

As I sulked almost the same as slowly, I have scared, but not so much.
Although I had not seen 40 in the glucometer (after an hour)

3 Coca-Cola cans of 37gr of sugar each and I am already at 107. And in a short time the insulin action time ends.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
10/02/2024 2:02 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

BUUUUUUUF ... what a scare @sherpa41 !!

fer's profile photo
fer
10/02/2024 8:10 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

@Sherpa is quiet and solves it quickly with Cocacola ... but according to the amount you wear it is better to start drinking cocacola and calling emergency.It all depends on the amount of insulin .. I suppose that in a health center, they also solve it.
The important thing is that you tell you.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/02/2024 4:21 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

fer said:
buuuuuf ... go scare @sherpa41 !!
regina said:
@sherpa is calm and solves it quickly with cocacola ... but according to the amount you wear it is better to start drinking cocacola and calling emergencies.It all depends on the amount of insulin .. I suppose that in a health center, they also solve it.
The important thing is that you tell you.

Good luck that the sensor I carry is doing very well.So I waited a bit to be able to better digest the food (rice) with the effect of the first puncture and when I started the effect of the second prick, I started taking the coca-cool a bag.

Of course, the moment of maximum insulin effect found me quite bad.I had a fatal night and in the morning with a headache.

You never have to click automatically without thinking.In diabetes you can never mislead.

Thing that diabetics already know, but these things remind you even more.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
10/02/2024 9:50 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

sherpa41 said:
Well today happened to me.I think it's the first time in 30 years.I was having watching a very funny series.

I punctuate the fast before eating and when at the end I am going to wear the slow one, as I was seeing the series I have looked, I look at the ball and I see that I have clicking the fast again, instead of the slow one.

As I sulked almost the same as slowly, I have scared, but not so much.Although I had not seen 40 in the glucometer (after an hour)

3 Coca-Cola cans of 37gr of sugar each and I am already at 100. And the insulin action time is over.

I'm glad it was nothing at the end.

isabelbota
10/02/2024 10:24 p.m.

I had the slow 34 uni with the fast, and after clickFast entity that is best not struck and after eating control and running little by little and is already without further ado

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/06/2024 10:31 a.m.

Hello.It happened to me on one occasion ... instead of applying the 10 units of slow, I applied 10 quickly ... I called Emergency and then (a few minutes later) I ate a large spoonful (soup spoon size)of honey ... minutes later ... another ... minutes later fruit (mandarin and banana) ... minutes later another one of honey and sugar ... and I was measured to see how I evolved ... came theDoctor and told me that I was perfect, to see how measurements and honey / fruits come, add a bread with scrambled eggs (proteins to maintain and stabilize) ... and I passed it ... without problems ... butWith a great scare !!!

Alemeil's profile photo
Alemeil
10/06/2024 11:15 p.m.

Buenos Aires. Argentina.
DM 1 desde 2005 (35 años en ese entonces).
NovoRapid Penfil y Tresiba FlexTouch.
FreeStyle Libre 1 desde Agosto 2019.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.