{'en': 'A question: What do I do if I wear fast insulin by error instead of the slow?', 'es': 'Una duda: ¿Que hago si me pongo insulina rápida por error en lugar de la lenta?'} Image

A question: What do I do if I wear fast insulin by error instead of the slow?

dongui19's profile photo   09/06/2015 4:49 a.m.

Hello good,

If for a case instead of putting on the 20 units of insulin lantus that corresponds to me every night I am wrong and I put 20 of fast insulin (Apidra) what would I have to do?

I have been told to put the glucagon but I don't know if it will be enough to counteract the 20 Us of fast insulin.

Thank you!.

dongui19's profile photo
dongui19
09/06/2015 4:49 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

They have told you badly, you always have to have many very sugary drinks prepared such as Coca-Cola (40gr), Fanta (30g), smoothies, etcTo take another drink and nothing will happen to you.

The glucagon must have it in the fridge in case something happens, that it injected you another person .Never yourself, because if you can inject you can also drink and drink sugary liquids is infinitely faster and more efficient than injecting the glucagon.

In addition, it would be a very stupid measure because you would spend the last defense of the body early.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
09/06/2015 5:55 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Sherpa, I would put glucagon.I assure you that with 20 fast, nor eat an entire cake, my daughter would go back.
And I would also call emergencies.
The glucagon can be put with insulin needle, in smaller doses, but, if the fast amount is very large, it is whole ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/06/2015 10:11 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
sherpa, I would put glucagon.I assure you that with 20 fast, nor eat an entire cake, my daughter would go back.
And I would also call emergencies.
The glucagon can be put with insulin needle, in smaller doses, but, if the fast amount is very large, it is whole ..

You should call emergencies but because she is a girl (equally an old man) and for having put the glucagon.This would end with its glycogen reserves and would be totally unprotected before another decline.

The effect of insulin and more fast is not a linear and simple.It is something more complex, by increasing the dose from a certain amount reduces its speed.That is why when I sulked 30 ultrarapid units I last the effect 7 hours instead of 3 hours.Come on, stop behaving like fast.Obviously the peak is also lower than if I shed little, in proportion.On the other hand, if I shed small (less than 10 units) if it behaves as fast and the action lasts only 3 hours.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
09/06/2015 10:30 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

That each one that creates convenient with the glucagon, but as Sherpa says it is the last letter we have and we must value very well when to use it.

For me, getting 20 or would be a justified cause, I would also be whistling to the emergency room, especially if I put it on, since before another strong descent there is only the glucose option in vein.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
09/06/2015 1:43 p.m.

Uhhh I do not want to think that if measuring every 15 mins and eating everything to maintain as stable as possible levels, although I believe that the rebound effect would later happen that we would be in 300 or 400.
And if glucagon as the last idem letter.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/21/2016 7:51 p.m.

I agree with everyone, the first thing to stick to sugar, cocacolas, etc ... If it is a lot, the glucacgon and si-o-si, get out of urgencies.

fer's profile photo
fer
07/21/2016 7:57 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

This happened to me a few years ago, luckily then I put about 10 units of slow, but before going to sleep.I had punctured my quick at dinner and when I went to put the slow .... Zas realized that I was wrong (we were in a very complicated family situation and we had a few very hard months, and the head was where I should).
It was a rather moved night, with many measurements, until about 4-5 in the morning I saw that I was controlled and I could rest.
Paradoxically I was at very good levels, and I had a good time eating ice cream and other mortal sins for us =)) =)))

nacho's profile photo
nacho
07/22/2016 12:47 a.m.

This happened to my daughter (the only thing that were not 20 units but 3.5 but because he is 2 years old) and it was in the morning that I put it on.The first one called 112 and they passed me with a doctor who told me to be giving her every little sugary liquid and would measure her every 10-15 minutes (thankfully she had free) and that he would take her to the hospital anywaythat was under observation just in case.Ah and slow insulin did not put it until a few hours later.

mariah14's profile photo
mariah14
07/22/2016 3:54 p.m.

It happened to me about 3 years.I put me precisely 20 Humalog units instead of Lantus just before bedtime.Solve it with honey with their own with bread, milk and some cookie.The truth that at first scared me a little but the truth that I had no problem to be in control.The next day at noon, half of Lantus is injected and everything stayed in a scare.What if I noticed the next morning something more tired but blood glucose was controlled all the time in normal values.

DiabetesForo
07/23/2016 11:20 p.m.

Well, it's something that I have thought many times, it has never happened to me, if I have taken the ball by mistake but I have not put it, I imagine that it would go to the emergency room.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
07/25/2016 12:59 p.m.

I would be those of "like everything", glucagon in hand and emergencies ^#( ^ I hope it never happens.

pochola's profile photo
pochola
12/09/2017 1 p.m.

DM1 desde 2011 8 puntos Lantus. Todo esfuerzo traerá su recompensa ♥ Hemo 5.7

If you realize, you can still solve it with cocacola and glucagon and calling emergencies., The bad thing is that you do not realize the mistake ..
You have to put all the means to avoid it.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/09/2017 5:29 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I happened to me and what I did is half an hour to eat some fruit, at the time bread with noctilla and then make me every half hour and eat if I had less than 120. So until 3 hours after clicking

DiabetesForo
12/09/2017 7:57 p.m.

fer said:
I agree with everyone, the first to stick to sugar, cocacolas, etc ... If it is much, the glucacgon and si-o-si, get out of the emergency./Blockquote>

I still think that if this ever happens to me, in addition to preventive measures, yespossible and ensure that the thing is not going worse.[-O & lt;

fer's profile photo
fer
12/09/2017 8:17 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

fer said:
fer said:
I agree with everyone, the first to stick to sugar, cocacolas, etc ... If it is much, the glucacgonAnd si-o-if, get out of emergencies.

I still think that if this ever happens to me, in addition to preventive measures, yespossible and ensure that the thing is not going worse.[-O & lt;

Has it never happened to you?Well, I put on 28 in the morning, do not see at work asking to buy me boats from Coca Cola, in the end they brought to chocolate cake and a bottle of two liters of Coca Cola, ends up being distressed from eating

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
12/09/2017 9:16 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

@jconegar, I have ever had the doubt if I had insulin 2 times, and I have reacted as if it were, but the amounts remain well below to confuse the slow one with the quick, that has never happened to me,And I touch wood so that it does not happen to me![-O <

fer's profile photo
fer
12/09/2017 11:51 p.m.

fer said:
@jconegar, I have ever had the doubt of whether I had insulin 2 times, and I have reacted as if that were, but the amounts remain well below to confuseThe slow one with the fast, that has never happened to me, and I play wood so that it does not happen![-O & lt;

Do not touch wood for that, what you have to touch the fast when you get up in the morning first hahaha, the burden that passes when you realize is tremendous to lie.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
12/10/2017 1:06 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

It happened to me once years ago and I solved it eating sugar to tablespoons and measuring me every little.If you realize it gives you time because you start eating as soon as you wear it and although you climb to 300 you know that when the peak of the rapid comes it will go down.The bad thing is that you do not realize until you get off, there it can cost to trace.
For me it was worse a few days ago that when I got the slow one, I entered blood a little.Luckily it was not all.And on top of that I realized because it bleeds many times when putting it and I didn't give importance and after a while a tremendous low that cost me to overcome.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
12/11/2017 10:48 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Well, the other day instead of putting the bolus apidra I put me 6 of Tresiba, that is, 14 + 6. I was worried the 24 hrs sgtes.I had no hypoglycemia.It seemed very strange.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
12/11/2017 2:30 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.