{'en': 'A question: What do I do if I wear fast insulin by error instead of the slow?', 'es': 'Una duda: ¿Que hago si me pongo insulina rápida por error en lugar de la lenta?'} Image

A question: What do I do if I wear fast insulin by error instead of the slow?

dongui19's profile photo   09/06/2015 4:49 a.m.

I am not mistaken from Boli, but if I put the slow units with the rapid good not with the rapid with the ultra fast.I put on 22 when I only need 3 or 4.
Although the bolis are the same as they are things that we do every day we can mislead ..... hypothetical case ... it can occur to be confused,
With treatment many years ago it happened to me once and I didn't think about it, I went to the emergency room.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
11/10/2020 1:30 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I have been afraid of readers.I some day surprise myself with the slow hand instead of the fast and vice versa, but I realize when I see the color of the pen.
I guess I will go to the emergency room because Glucagon does not have, it expires continuously and I no longer ask.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
11/11/2020 8:29 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I did it backwards: that is, at food, instead of putting 3 of fast fiasp, I put on three of slow touge (when I had already put my corresponding dose of slow in the morning).They were not very large amounts, but I was afraid to be hicc up when I was asleep (since normally, my dose of slow is 10 of Tougeo and that day was 13).So at night I put on the alarm clock several times to control myself.Now I have Free 2 and, with the sensor alarms, I could have sleep quietly at night.

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
11/12/2020 6:05 p.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

Obviously the reaction of each person to the insulin is different, to make mistakes in luck has not passed, the bolis are of different color (novomix), but if I have stayed with the doubt of whether I had punctured me or not, although lookingThe ball is observed if it has been shaken to mix, in the face of a doubt a rise than a drop (good without exaggerated levels), someone here has said that it did not have the glucanon at home because it expired it quickly, if it lasts 12 months, I don't know.

match53's profile photo
match53
11/16/2020 12:38 a.m.

DM 2 hace 22 años
Compectant 15/850
Novomix50 ( 30-30) mañana/mediodi - novomix30 (60) noche
Glicada ultima - Stbre/21.....7,6

The new insulin does not have to shake.The bolis are different, but to something that we do three or four times a day for many years I do not see that the possibility of making mistakes of Boli cannot occur.I am not clueless, at all, but the day that happened to me if it missed me.
For 20 years I have had glucagon, but I have never used it.The day it happened to me that I got 22 of ultra fast, as I got nervous or remembered.I went to the emergency room.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
11/16/2020 12:08 p.m.

The glucagon lasts 12 months but in 5 years I have not needed it, so it expires me and I no longer ask.In addition, if I need it, I would be almost unconscious and since I am almost all the time, there is no one to inject it.
Total, that if one day I am wrong, called to the samur that for that they drill me at all hours with the sirens, they are on my sidewalk and put it at all hours, it does not matter if they are 3:00 in the morning and not a soul, they first their siren.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
11/18/2020 12:37 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Ruthbia I in 23 years that I have been, I have never used the glucagon, but I always carry one on top, because on several occasions I have been about to put it on, if you can have it, it is better that you ask for it, in the end it is covered by Social SecurityAnd it is a measure that you have in complicated cases, think you will not always be at home!;)

fer's profile photo
fer
11/18/2020 10:46 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I went through that, but only 8 units and I felt fatal.I called Emergencies and that I ate something sweet felt something horrible in the stomach, Coca-Cola is what I took most, glucagon I use x the hypos but in extremis, I have reached 21 and nobody could put on glucagon the needles were damaged, when I woke upI was with glucose serum and doctor and nurse.
I have spent many bad moments with type 1.
I'm already waiting for nasal spray
The problem of having to combine the new glucagon is fatal because the previous one remove security and put.
I was able to combine with 35 and only injected half of the syringe.

As a forum participant said: the time of the slow independent of the rapid.

Greetings 👋

paula8890's profile photo
paula8890
11/20/2020 5:59 p.m.

donguita19 said:
good,

If for a case instead of putting on the 20 units of insulin lantus that corresponds to me every night I am wrong and I put 20 of fast insulin (Apidra) what would I have to do?

I have been told to put the glucagon but I don't know if it will be enough to counteract the 20 Us of fast insulin.

Thank you!.

2piuviato1frts's profile photo
2piuviato1frts
11/21/2020 2:48 p.m.

K5288pn25.

It has happened to me three or four times, taking into account that it covers the night and between meals, the best to go to the emergency room. Two hours ... endowous dripple treatment glucose. A greeting

2piuviato1frts's profile photo
2piuviato1frts
11/21/2020 2:56 p.m.

K5288pn25.

It also happened to me once, before using the pump, I just started water with sugar and cakes until I stabilized.You have to know how to count the carbo.
Greetings from Chile

eugenia's profile photo
eugenia
11/22/2020 1:07 p.m.

In my case I put the novorapid instead of the Lantus.😬😬😬

eugenia's profile photo
eugenia
11/22/2020 1:08 p.m.

It happened to me but luckily I inject little slowly, 7. I am scared but I could control it well and I was pleased to eat alfajores and chocolate

milagros's profile photo
milagros
11/22/2020 5:16 p.m.

It happened to me once ... and I agree with the first comment (Sherpa41) ... I applied 9 units of fast, instead of the 9 units of slow I used daily ... while they came of emergencies ... I startedTo eat tablespoons of honey (3 or 4 large) and I was monitoring the measurements every 5 or 10 minutes (clicking ... I still didn't have free freestyle) ... a little more sugar ... and Coca Cola ..Luckily I overcome it without problem.The important thing is to start the equivalent of what is applied, but moderately ... and permeal monitoring ... although many strips are used, if you have to click.Greetings.

Alemeil's profile photo
Alemeil
11/22/2020 9:42 p.m.

Buenos Aires. Argentina.
DM 1 desde 2005 (35 años en ese entonces).
NovoRapid Penfil y Tresiba FlexTouch.
FreeStyle Libre 1 desde Agosto 2019.

I do not need glucagon.I only have tachycardia and hunger, as soon as I drink sweet something quickly goes up.
It happened to me 3 or 4 times.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
11/25/2020 11:21 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

It happened to me.I put on 38. I went to the hospital to say it and and put me under observation and Toodaaa the afternoon putting me glucose drippers.They took them off and lowered very quickly.I even stabilized

Eva Soler Garcia's profile photo
Eva Soler Garcia
12/03/2020 6:13 p.m.

@Ruthbia, 35 glucose, right?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/04/2020 6:04 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Eva Soler García, did you arrive very soon to the hospital?They attended you immediately, right?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/04/2020 6:10 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

At the moment it has not happened to me and I pray that I do not happen because now I am at 90 to 100 u.slow a day and once

enriquebenedicto's profile photo
enriquebenedicto
12/13/2020 7:10 p.m.

I spend.If you can calculate how many carbohydrates would you need and from there in juices or sugary drinks you are taking it and measuring until you stabilize you.As equivalent to three meals if you get 8 from Humalog for food

ernestovb's profile photo
ernestovb
12/14/2020 9:37 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.