{'en': 'A question: What do I do if I wear fast insulin by error instead of the slow?', 'es': 'Una duda: ¿Que hago si me pongo insulina rápida por error en lugar de la lenta?'} Image

A question: What do I do if I wear fast insulin by error instead of the slow?

dongui19's profile photo   09/06/2015 4:49 a.m.

Enriquebenedicto said:
At the moment it has not happened to me and I pray that I do not happen because now I am for the 90s to 100 u.Slowly a day and once

Of course, the more you injepe, if you are wrong and you put it twice, the consequences will be worse.Now I'm just getting 16 slowly.

DavidAG2000's profile photo
DavidAG2000
12/14/2020 1:47 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello!It is a good question ... I would calculate the number of hydrates that I need to overcome 20 units and take them in the form of sugar dissolved in water little by little.That is to say if you have a ratio 1 unit-10 grams of ch.It would weigh 200gr of sugar and mix them with water to drink it little by little.It would also go to the emergency room just in case they put glucose in vein.

MarioVivirYDiabetes's profile photo
MarioVivirYDiabetes
12/15/2020 5:03 p.m.

27 años. Diabético tipo 1 desde los 7 años
Tresiba 24 u.
NovoRapid: ratio 1ui-1ch. Mañanas 1.5ui-1ch
hA1c: 5,7%

It happened to me recently.24 FIASP units instead of Levemir ... I click Routinely while looking at a thing on the computer, when I was clicking on my noise (the FIASP does not click on each unit as if it makes the Levemir) andSuddenly I saw the Levemir ball in front of me and when I looked at the ball that I was injecting I saw that it was Fiasp.It almost gives me something just thinking about the ladada that I had just rided for being something else 😅

Step Nº1: Notify my husband and review how glucagon is used, just in case.We have never used it but, just in case, we review.I thought about calling emergencies but we lived 3 minutes from the hospital and, in the time of Coronavirus, if I can avoid approaching the emergency room, better ... let's see if it is not necessary (Spoiler, it was not necessary)

The mistake was night, before dinner.As I planned to have the equivalent of 6 units of rapid story with them to have dinner and I see that I need to counteract 18 more.I take a juice and dinner.
At the end I measure me every 15 minutes.I appreciate the sensor very much, I can measure myself quickly and more times.I take another juice again to the dinner.
I still check and think "We are going to take advantage ..." and I take a polvorón (I usually put 3 u. For each one!)
I continue to verify how it goes ... it seems good.USE NUMBER 2: A piece of chocolate nougat, which had wanted for days ...

And so, little to little, with juices, glucose tablets and sweets to which I wanted, I had three slight drops (from 69-67, not below) and at 3 hours I was stabilized again.My husband usually goes to bed long before me and was pending until he saw that the glucagon was not needed and was well controlled by myself.

I went to sleep thinking that the alarms would sound to me and nothing, not even one more descent.And the next day no rebound !!

The truth is that it was not so bad, I thought it would be worse ... I felt much worse a day that I forgot the slow one of the dinner and remembered when I woke up to go to the bathroom at 4 in the morning ... I spent days tryingfix that mismatch 😭

Tam's profile photo
Tam
12/20/2020 11:09 a.m.

Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 28. Cuando quedo con mis amig@s siempre llego tarde, en la diabetes no iba a ser diferente 😅 También tengo hipotiroidismo, asma y alergias varias... soy una pupas.

Levemir y Fiasp
Freestyle Libre 2
Última HbA1c: 6 (Marzo 2023)

Hi, I made me.Just when Meiba Apinchar my name my partner and we ended up breaking.I didn't know what I did and I was wrong.Approximately 20 u.Fast correspond to 100 g of carbohydrates, that is, sugar, or better glucose if you have it (it is sold in pharmacies).I took that amount and some more, called a taxi and went to the hospital emergencies, in case I was wrong.Despite having said what happened to the doctor who attended me he did not return until an hour later, if he had not done anything, I would have died.I was taking my HDC and measuring glucose (click/strips, never with patch that has delay) when the doctor came well and I was following my levels for 5 hours.At first it was every 5 minutes, then according to the variation every 15 minutes.This should have been done in the hospital, but he who touched me was a denial.Anyway, I advise you that if it happens to you, you sugary (150 g or glucose), water, strips and the little machine and fly to the hospital, but take someone, do not drive.
The tricks that a colleague has put to prevent it from happening to you are great, it is the best thing for you not to happen (different hours, different sites and mark with a marker), I follow them since it happened to me.And one more: life is going: before clicking, never run it.For 10 seconds, breathe and focus on what you are going to do.
GREETING COMPI.

PeterNut's profile photo
PeterNut
12/20/2020 3:50 p.m.

regina said:
@ruthbia, 35 glucose, right?

I have been between 35 and 48 without symptoms.
Freestyle in and to capillaries continuously.I have lowered the basal 2 you to see (I have it in 14 units for months), I have eaten enough hydrates and I have not risen 53.

I don't understand anything.Tomorrow I will have rebound, I see it coming.

Too bad I haven't left palellitas to take advantage .. :)

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/21/2020 7:44 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

donguita19 said:
good,

If for a case instead of putting on the 20 units of insulin lantus that corresponds to me every night I am wrong and I put 20 of fast insulin (Apidra) what would I have to do?

I have been told to put the glucagon but I don't know if it will be enough to counteract the 20 Us of fast insulin.

Thank you!.

Well, I tell you my experience last night in case I could help someone.I was awake until too late, and by mistake, instead of 22u from Toujeo, I injected my fast, Humalog.

Fortunately I realized instantly because I felt they were different tactile sensations.As soon as I realized I put myself in a cold head mode, but clearly impresses a lot.It is something that had never happened to me.

When injecting it into the thigh (instead of the abdomen, where I usually put the quick) I had a little more margin, because at least the fast action peak would not be so sudden having put it on the thigh.On the other hand, when we inject a large amount of rapid it is common for the peak of action to be a little delayed.

So, if it happens to you, cold head.There is time to react.

What I did: immediately after realizing I drank two juices (4 HC rations) and prepared a jug of water with a lot of sugar.In cases it should not eat elaborate or fatty things such as flours, cakes or chocolate, nor fibrous things as fruit, because absorption could be slowed.It is best to turn to juice or water with sugar.

To avoid a rapid sugar peak that could bring other complications, and to avoid hypos, I decided to get somewhat high (130 - 180), make measurements every 10 or 15 minutes.It is important to take note of the measurements to recognize the curve and provide trends.If you have the freestyle it would not be necessary, but it just agreed that this week my sensor arrived broken, and I was only with the strips.So taking note of values ​​and intakes was important.In my case, I put the mobile alarm every 15 min to measure me regularly.

In case some value left less than 130, I pulled my water jar with sugar.After stabilizing for about 45 min I called a taxi and went to the outpatient, with my glucagon and everything necessary.I live alone, and it was not a good idea to be alone, because if there is a very fast descent we can lose the use of reason or not be able to take care of ourselves, which can be very dangerous.But if I had been accompanied, it would also have gone to emergency.Because sometimes glucagon is not enough, or we don't have, or our companions do not understand what to do well.

In the Emergency Department was received by a negligent atmosphere, in which the nurse made value judgments and proposed nothing.I had to explain the issue of insulin action peaks, etc.I sat four hours there.After four hours I decided to leave, after having been quite regular all that time, with about 150 on average, making myself measurements and intakes.I was very angry loneliness in this whole process.Going to the emergency department was only necessary in the sense that it is the right place to do this process.But no one will know our body and our needs better.

At 5 h after the injection I got a lot (at 90) and I had to continue taking sugar.But at least after five hours I no longer expected a sudden downturn, and the control became more common.

At home I ate some slow hydrates (to maintain) and went to sleep.Even 9 hours after injection, I got up with a gentle hypoglycemia (65).

I have to say that the best help I had in the whole process was to read in this forum how you had taken it.So thank you very much, it wasA lot of help and a great source of calm Read about your experiences.I leave mine in case I could help someone more one day.

Natom's profile photo
Natom
06/05/2022 5:32 p.m.

natom said:
donguita19 said:
good, good,

If for a case instead of putting on the 20 units of insulin lantus that corresponds to me every night I am wrong and I put 20 of fast insulin (Apidra) what would I have to do?

I have been told to put the glucagon but I don't know if it will be enough to counteract the 20 Us of fast insulin.

Thank you!.

Well, I tell you my experience last night in case I could help someone.I was awake until too late, and by mistake, instead of 22u from Toujeo, I injected my fast, Humalog.

Fortunately I realized instantly because I felt they were different tactile sensations.As soon as I realized I put myself in a cold head mode, but clearly impresses a lot.It is something that had never happened to me.

When injecting it into the thigh (instead of the abdomen, where I usually put the quick) I had a little more margin, because at least the fast action peak would not be so sudden having put it on the thigh.On the other hand, when we inject a large amount of rapid it is common for the peak of action to be a little delayed.

So, if it happens to you, cold head.There is time to react.

What I did: immediately after realizing I drank two juices (4 HC rations) and prepared a jug of water with a lot of sugar.In cases it should not eat elaborate or fatty things such as flours, cakes or chocolate, nor fibrous things as fruit, because absorption could be slowed.It is best to turn to juice or water with sugar.

To avoid a rapid sugar peak that could bring other complications, and to avoid hypos, I decided to get somewhat high (130 - 180), make measurements every 10 or 15 minutes.It is important to take note of the measurements to recognize the curve and provide trends.If you have the freestyle it would not be necessary, but it just agreed that this week my sensor arrived broken, and I was only with the strips.So taking note of values ​​and intakes was important.In my case, I put the mobile alarm every 15 min to measure me regularly.

In case some value left less than 130, I pulled my water jar with sugar.After stabilizing for about 45 min I called a taxi and went to the outpatient, with my glucagon and everything necessary.I live alone, and it was not a good idea to be alone, because if there is a very fast descent we can lose the use of reason or not be able to take care of ourselves, which can be very dangerous.But if I had been accompanied, it would also have gone to emergency.Because sometimes glucagon is not enough, or we don't have, or our companions do not understand what to do well.

In the Emergency Department was received by a negligent atmosphere, in which the nurse made value judgments and proposed nothing.I had to explain the issue of insulin action peaks, etc.I sat four hours there.After four hours I decided to leave, after having been quite regular all that time, with about 150 on average, making myself measurements and intakes.I was very angry loneliness in this whole process.Going to the emergency department was only necessary in the sense that it is the right place to do this process.But no one will know our body and our needs better.

At 5 h after the injection I got a lot (at 90) and I had to continue taking sugar.But at least after five hours I no longer expected a sudden downturn, and the control became more common.

At home I ate some slow hydrates (to maintain) and went to sleep.Even 9 hours after injection, I got up with a gentle hypoglycemia (65).

I have to say that the best help I had in the whole process was to read in this forum howYou had taken.So thank you very much, it was a lot of help and a great source of calm reading about your experiences.I leave mine in case I could help someone more one day.

Wow bad time.I'm glad you're fine.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
06/05/2022 10:21 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Hello everyone

Here one more with the stomach atibored of carbohydrates reading your experiences.And I tell you mine when I am still sure of having overcome it.

I go for dinner and at ten o'clock at night I shed seven from Fiasp.Immediately after I come home and at eleven I click my 23 of Tresibaoh no, this is Fiasp.I had two fiasp in circulation and one left it under my room in the living room, where I keep the Tresiba.In short, 30 of Fiasp in the body.The first thing is to try to keep calm because they are moments of much overwhelming.

As I go out with the bike I have glucose gels, I make a fast calculation and I need 230 gr of carbohydrates, after having dinner 😢.I make a first intake consisting of 66 gr of HC mixture of rapid and slow in gel sis format.I take a bar of 43 grams of HC also slow and fast combined and two cocoa shakes 40 gr more, in this case fast.
As a childbirth of 200, I have room for not to stick.In the first hour under 120 despite everything he had eaten.I take 10 isostar dextrose pills, 40 gr more than ultra -grape HC and about 200 gr of watermelon.To all this, the empacho is already a championship but does not stop going down.At two hours I take a juice, 13’2 HC rapid more to the body.
And right now I am writing to you two and a half hours after the damn mistake, I have not yet punctured the Tresiba but I have been stable in about 160. For a moment I have valued calling an ambulance but in the end, seeing that I did not go down moreI have not done it.

It has been a very bad time that I do not wish anyone, but the feeling I have is that it is vital to realize at the time and keep calm to favor digestion.Another thing I have done is to be incorporated and not lie down so that gravity helps me down everything I have put in my body.I hope to help someone with this story that is not over yet but it seems that it is already playing to an end because I still stable without eating anything from the watermelon.

Thanks to Leados I have been able to see what you have done and that has helped me a lot.Thank you all.

Zebrain's profile photo
Zebrain
07/25/2022 1:51 a.m.

That is why you have to always have normal coca-cool cans in the fridge.

37gr of sugar in just 33cl.With less than two cans I have traced 30 Humalog units taken from more, without rebound effect or anything.

And without destroying your stomach as it happens if you begin to drink juices, glycoups and mixing everything you are caught.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
07/25/2022 2:07 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

sherpa41 said:
That is why you have to always have normal coca-cool cans in the fridge.

37gr of sugar in just 33cl.With less than two cans I have traced 30 Humalog units taken from more, without rebound effect or anything.

And without destroying your stomach as it happens if you start drinking juices, glycoups and mixing everything you are caught.

I totally agree, but thinking that I had never seen me in this situation I did not expect to need it.Anyway, if with 74 gr backed 30 units, you have a record insulin resistance.

Zebrain's profile photo
Zebrain
07/25/2022 2:32 a.m.

zebrain said:
sherpa41 said:
so you have to always have normal coca-coca cans in the fridge.

And without destroying your stomach as it happens if you start drinking juices, glycoups and mixing everything you are caught.

I totally agree, but thinking that I had never seen me in this situation I did not expect to need it.Anyway, if with 74 gr backed 30 units, you have a record insulin resistance.

I have always needed quite insulin.But maybe exaggerate in tracing the entire insulin curve.

What usually happens is that after an hour or two to eat and click too fast, with the can of Coca Cola traced that low.And I don't need anything else.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
07/25/2022 3:59 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

@Sherpa41, a can of Coca-Cola is equivalent to three juices ... with two cans.
Or a whole pizza .., well ... with two cans of Coca-Cola and a good pizza, I would fix it.
If Cocacola is a good idea.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/25/2022 5:07 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

It happened to me for the first time ... more than 10 years with diabetes and it had never happened to me, but well ...

In my case I put 32 of Tresiba (in the morning) and between 8-10 of FIASP (ultra-grape insulin) in each meal, in addition also taken the Jardiannce a day (also in the morning).

I got up as always to go to work, I measured with the sensor, but I remember badly I had 140 or so.I took the insulins and had to go to the fridge for one of slow because the one I had, had not enough units.So I said: I get the quick first and now I go for the slow one.

Well, my newly raised mind I don't know what would happen to him that he was confused and Pam 32 of Fiasp on his leg ... When I saw the color red instead of the green I almost got my heart (the two bolis are physically the same just just changes their color)

I didn't know what to do, if going to work, controlling me a lot, going to the health center or emergency ... I talked to my mother and finally we went to emergency for preventing.
Of course, before leaving home I made a glass of milk with sugar as breakfast.But seeing that the sensor gave me that I was going 120 and going down also half a glass of sugar with water.I measured me every 10 minutes out of fear.

Once there in the emergency room, they left me under observation.My insulin has a duration of 5 hours, making the peak at two hours.When I put it at 8 and little, about 10 and something would have had the beak.But I was fine, I suppose that thanks to everything I put in my body and thanks to the fact that I did not put the slow one I didn't even take the Jardian Pill.

I spend from 9 in the morning until approximately 15 there.Of all those hours the minimum to what arrives was 80.

So luckily everything is in a scare.But if it happens to you, even if you lose the day/morning/afternoon ..., ID to emergencies!Because in my case what I did at the hospital I could have done it in my house, yes, but we never know what can happen to us ... So better prevent.

lidisalpe's profile photo
lidisalpe
10/15/2022 2:10 a.m.

@lidisalpe, often scare, thankfully everything went well.
How much sugar did you take?Half a glass full of sugar with a little water?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/15/2022 2:20 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

It happened to me once at work, while having breakfast.With the talk I put 16 units of fast.I solve it by eating every very little time, sweet, sugar and juices.

I entered a horrible panic, so much that I got up from the seat and almost fainted from the disgust.

Prother's profile photo
Prother
10/15/2022 1:41 p.m.

Varon de 28 años con diabetes tipo 1 desde 2015. Minimed 780G y Guardian 4 con Humalog

I also spent the night that I put on the slow threeiba instead of putting on 30 uni I put myself out of the fast to make a pen, I was tomento juices, cakes, etc.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/17/2022 2:06 p.m.

Buuuuuf ... This has not yet beenCase ... It is one of my worst nightmares !!!!

And totally agree with @lidisalpe if I find myself in that situation, the first thing I do is ingest sugar as if there was no tomorrow ... dissolved with water, etc ... and the following, go to the emergency room, that if for what for whatThat you end up fainting, at least they can inject glucose in vein.

fer's profile photo
fer
10/17/2022 2:41 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

It happened to me twice to put on the dose of threeiba with the Fiasp ball.I have taken sugar twice and for the emergency room.
I do not see it to eat and eat, I prefer to be four hours in the emergency room.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
10/17/2022 3:11 p.m.

Well, with the milk I put me about three or four teaspoons of coffee and then seeing that it lowered me, half a glass full of sugar and with water I was gradually swallowing

regina said:
@lidisalpe, often scare, less bad that everything went well.
How much sugar did you take?Half a glass full of sugar with a little water?

lidisalpe's profile photo
lidisalpe
10/17/2022 6:41 p.m.

Well, I just passed, I have realized that I have confused myself and I have injected Novarapid 16 ... which I thought would never happen to me.At the moment I am 150, I have already taken a Aquarius, a glass with sugar, a banana, cookies etc. is going to be a very long morning ...

Dani_GT's profile photo
Dani_GT
08/26/2024 5:42 a.m.

Lada Julio 2024.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.