{'en': 'Phrases about diabetes that you hate more', 'es': 'Frases sobre la diabetes que más odiáis'} Image

Phrases about diabetes that you hate more

Artorias's profile photo   06/18/2015 11:54 a.m.

Let's see, certain phrases do not bother me, it bothers me, that for example, you cannot work as firefighters, police, aviation pilot and do not know how many more professions, in certain countries if possible, in this no.
You have seen Tom Hans's movie, he is a dangnetic pilot of an airline and ...
I'm not going to tell more but I advise you to see her.
There are elite cycling team, Novo Nórdisk, there are elite soccer players, athletes, triathletes, firefighters, police, pilots, eye there is a Nascar boy, the American -American F1 F1, here all that is impossible, I am a security guardWhen resting 100 or 130 km of road bike and here I am.
Because I can't be ...

xara's profile photo
xara
07/24/2017 10:15 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well annoying I don't think I do not give me my character to bother me with such things, but there phrases that I often hear especially from my little sister (23 years old: P)
such as:
- She makes me a joke and tells me: hehehe you can't avenge yourself, because revenge is sweet: P
- Or get up and say I want a sweet and start licking:/
- Or the classic laughs and jokes with glucose commercials
- Or simply tell me awww you are so sweet
The thing is that I adore her and does not do it for bad if not because this is her humor

ermin's profile photo
ermin
07/24/2017 11:17 p.m.

rosanriv said:
What makes me black is that there have been useless in public administrations that believe they know more than doctors and patients.And if not, why do they force us to renew the driving license when they want?If it gives me a hiccup (after 26 years being diabetic) I know better than anyone who is not well and how to act.
And to top it off, I remember that when I went to spend the medical examination on one occasion, after several years in a row, having to do it every year, the doctor releases me: "Look how good! You don't have to do it every twelve months. Now youI can renew it for three or four years ... "as if I were doing a favor, go ...

The car is true?Do you have to say it?(I am "new" doubts)

losttotheriver's profile photo
losttotheriver
07/26/2017 7:53 a.m.

@"LostTotheriver" that great theme you just took! ... One of the ones that have been mentioned most in the forum, take a look at this topic and you will see!;)

Link

fer's profile photo
fer
07/26/2017 9:04 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Didn't you have diabetes?What are you doing sugar?

Huh ... I have hypoglycemia ...

I hypogluished? ... What an excuse! ... You even invent words!

fer's profile photo
fer
07/27/2017 6:10 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

tica said:
the phrase that most hate: I don't know how you do ... I couldn't ... impossible

Yes of course ... I am cool to have diabetes.They asked me if I wanted it and said if please ... and put me that bad that you have to puncture ...

Easy answer I give me: either you do it, or you die ... you decide ...

SaraJim's profile photo
SaraJim
07/28/2017 12:39 a.m.

xara said:
estherj said:
well, as I see that we are left over from phrases I will tell an anecdote.

You talk about the ignorance of people (with all reason) but the worst is when the ignorant is the doctor or hospital staff.

A few months ago they had to do an intervention (not related to diabetes) and had to be fasting until 6 in the afternoon, then the time of the operation and as it was with anesthesia they did not give me dinner, at most a juice or ayogurt.

I tell the doctor that I am diabetics and that I can not be fasting and less so much time (I always get up between 70 and 90 and if not breakfast in the following 20 minutes, the first hicc of the day is coming) and its only answer is "Well, if you want you can take a candy. "

Take now !!!And stays so comfortable !!hahaha.

Total, I repeat that this is impossible and I explain everything again.

The guy is moving and releases me: "Man, is that I have to enter you from in the morning and put on a glucose serum."

Bingo!!!It was so difficult to get there ?????

By God, who is a serum, not a kidney what you have to give me !!!

The day comes, they enter me and ask my nurse that if I am going to be without eating that how much insulin I put on the slow one and that if I do without the fast.The woman has no idea, she calls her partner and she doesn't know it either, she lian each other and in the end they tell me that the slow one but that the fast does not.

It is not because I am very distrustful but I did controls every 45 minutes because after things like that ... I start to raise the sugar a little and the nurse decides to take off my serum for a while to put it later.Until there well.

At that time the wardens arrive to take me to Quirofano and I tell him that they have to put the serum again and skip me "if they have removed it it will be for something."I insist again, that they have to make me not to sleep like this, that you can give me hypoglycemia.His partner decides to call the nurse and she tells her yes, that she has to put the serum.

To what I go with this story, I, that I am not a doctor, or nurse or anything, do I have to be the one who is saying what they have to do?Is it the one who has to be aware of his work?

Diabetes is a fairly common disease, they should have plenty of knowledge about it, I don't think it is the first diabetic person who goes through Quirofano.

With what tranquility is one in the hospital?Are they not basic knowledge that a doctor and a nurse would have to have?

Anyway, and it was not in a shabby hospital or anything, it was in one of the best hospitals in Madrid (I save the name).

There is that ... I'm about to start going to healers and santeras, seeing what was seen ...

I believe you perfectly because something similar or equal to me happened to me too.
However, I'm glad to know your diabetes and be your own doctor, who better than you.
A hug and continue like this.

I have also had a painfully similar experience.I fell from a bike and I had a triple ankle fracture.In the Emergency Department, the truth is that they attended very well, with periodic controls and with insulin in dripper until the operation that lasted three hours.The problem was when climbing the room.Nobody knew what to do with me, they did not make me a sad control until the next day the doctor came.Luckily my children had brought me my glucometer and my insulin and I was regulating me alone.They told me that they would call to come an endocrine that I was waiting until the day of the discharge without appearing.
When they took my serum, they gave me a menu based on cookies, bread and legumes, because they had closed the kitchen and there were nothing available.The nurse told me that now theDiabetics could eat everything to ate it, imagine the desire to get a fabada by the body with Maria cookies, after the operation.Total that I lost the patience and calmly murdered that if I couldn't bring me something more appropriate, I was going to control me and if two hours after dinner I was above 200, my son would go to the court of guard to put adenunciation for negligence.And I smiled ...
Hey, at ten minutes I had a plate of vegetables, an omelet and an apple on the table, and from that moment we begin to understand each other.I know she felt in the relieved bottom when I controlled, I send noses !!!
A pity the lack of control and lack of knowledge, because if we do not take care and impose the passage through a hospital it can be the worst.Very important to know our rights and exercise that right.
A hug to all

uma's profile photo
uma
07/30/2017 1:53 p.m.

DM1 desde 1967-
Tresiba 12 - Novorapid: 4-6-2 última Hemo: 5,9
FreeStyle Libre 2 desde noviembre 2020

"Nunca dejes que el futuro te perturbe. Lo enfrentarás, con las mismas armas de la razón con las que hoy enfrentas el presente." Marco Aurelio.
"Un gramo de práctica vale más que una tonelada de teoría" Swami Vishnudevananda

"People with diabetes are like you and me ... don't discriminate!"

I am not sure of this campaign, it is from Venezuela, personally, I think that if they did it in Spain, it would bother me a little, it seems that it is questioned that people with diabetes, be people ... I do not believe so discriminated ...I only see meaning in the context of the limitations of access to some positions of officials, etc ...

fer's profile photo
fer
08/02/2017 9:41 a.m.

Well, what more offensive campaign, which wants to clarify the obvious!
It can be understood if they are not well treated, sometimes they only prescribe slow insulin, without fast, and many decompensations appear.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/03/2017 3:08 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I am a lot of me when they tell me "sugar attack", or when with good intention they let me know that it is already heals, without knowing that I am type 1, and no 2.

Javitomas67's profile photo
Javitomas67
08/10/2017 9:15 p.m.

Recently, I read a chronicle of a distinguished jumentarras, nothing less than with Sillcito in the SAR, because he glared in his literary piece or blogger came to release something like, "I discovered that the huge number of disabled ones that roamHarlem with an amputated leg, they are sick of "type B" diabetes (?), That for reasons of precarious economic-social level, they have developed these complications. "What value, hear, what value ..., and what essay-analytical depth.What eggs.Of the RAE ...

Paulescu's profile photo
Paulescu
08/10/2017 10:04 p.m.

LADA desde 2-2010/ 44 años
Lantus 16 u en tránsito a Toujeo / Novorapid 4/6/5

Taking up the subject, the word "debut" bothers me to debut in the cinema or on TV ...
I hate when someone looks at my son and with a gesture and tone of grief says "poor" on some opportunities I answer in others.
When my son still had insulin remains in his body and we were starting the measurement stage with the glucometer, he consults a nutritionist, in the only hospital in the town where I live and clarifying that she is a companion, since I with another profession work in thesame place.He tells me: I was recently at a diabetes congress and the high suicide index in adolescence is terrible "I would have liked to see my face, I ask what it refers to and tells me: rebel adolescents take alcohol or put insulin andThey don't eat. "Obviously I got shocked, crying, until I calmed down and decided not to consult it anymore and look for information.
The first diabetology (x luck we were encouraged to change it) that we consulted at the beginning, hospitalized my son, totally unnecessary, so that I measure it before and after meals, she had told Tomas that he would be able to go out toThe place in front (something imposible) x What happened to it crying all day, the next day I propose that for those controls I can do them in a hotel and not in hospitalization (we were 200 km where we live), the diabetology ofAgreement, discharged, Tomi cried and the nurse says: "Don't cry anymore, you will be able to go out to the square, if you keep crying, you have another day interned" and laugh ... with my husband we talk to him and tryTransmit that he did nothing wrong, that it is not a punishment, this nurse, without training, or common sense tells my son that it is a punishment !!!!!!I will never forget the feeling of frustration I felt.
I remember several more .... I leave space to retake tragi- (comic at a distance, at that time not much)

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
09/01/2017 5:26 p.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

Paulescu said:
... "I discovered that the huge number of disabled ones that roam the Harlem neighborhood with an amputated leg, are sick of" type B "diabetes (?),...

@Paulescu, it shows that the RAE man is rather of letters ... =)) =) =)) =))

fer's profile photo
fer
09/01/2017 6:09 p.m.

Type B HAHAJA NEW TERM TO USE !!!Ha ha ha

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
09/01/2017 6:16 p.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

I've been diagnosed with me a few months, but many perlitas have already released me, I leave some;)
* On the third day after leaving the hospital, recently diagnosed, I go to the bakery to see what kind of loaves they had integral and in what percentages and the baker tells me after a while asking for all the loaves:
-The baker "... but what happens to you, can't you eat gluten?
-YO: No, I'm a diabetic.
-The baker; ...... ahhhhh, my father is diabetic too.But ..... the diabetics you cannot eat bread, huh ....
* People have no idea, they don't have because I understand it, but if you don't know how to shut up.
- People 1: What a woman, you don't worry, that no one has died .....
-Gente 2: There are very worse things ... (I think: you really tell me ???? Do you have any idea of ​​the complications of diabetes ????).
-Gente 3: bufff, I have a friend who is celiac@, that is a p ...... (me: (again) seriously ???????? are you comparing aFood intolerance with diabetes ???????????????????

I do not even answer, I look at them with a face of Haba, hahahaha.Even at the risk of seeming a rude .... why do I answer ........ ayyyyy !!!!!

Lettyle's profile photo
Lettyle
09/16/2017 6:53 p.m.

Diagnostico Abril 2017
TTo: Toujeo 8 U y novo rapid en función de las glucemias postpandriales
HbA1c : 5.3

Moral: For that there is something very simple and it is not to say that you are diabetic, thus avoiding explanations or having to waste time listening to gilipolleces.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
09/16/2017 8:46 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

My son was injured with a glass gave him points and a lady tells me: "Uhh poor who has diabetes ... think ... And he adds: They didn't tell you if they have to amputate the little bracito?" .....I have a lot of love to that lady ... but ...

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
09/16/2017 11:15 p.m.

Argentina

There is a phrase, which is not repeatedly, loses its effect and that of: "Bah, nothing happens. You control yourself and lead a totally normal life.
Worst of all, I have heard it to the toilets.

Greetings.

Sorprendido's profile photo
Sorprendido
09/22/2017 noon

Desde 1984 diabético tipo 1
Tresiba al mediodía , Apidra en las comidas.
Glicosiladas alrededor de 6,5 %
"Feliz aquel que reconoce a tiempo que sus deseos no están de acuerdo con sus posibilidades "
Goethe

If the previous diabetology of my son told me that ... x luck I changed with another diabetologist, I hope I do not hear him say this!

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
09/22/2017 2:20 p.m.

Argentina

While "debut" I have already felt more than identified with most of the phrases they have told them ... but so far the one that has bothered me is that of the diabetology, to whom I asked information about counting carbohydrates and me"Ahh Noo ... that's for expert patient": -b: -b UFGGFF
In fine with the help of the nutritionist I already began to do it and he is going quite well, it is not always perfect but every day I understand more of my diabetes: D

Estefa's profile photo
Estefa
09/22/2017 10:32 p.m.

Diabetes descubierta desde agosto 2017
Lantus 26
Apidra según cantidad de carbohidratos

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.