{'en': 'Phrases about diabetes that you hate more', 'es': 'Frases sobre la diabetes que más odiáis'} Image

Phrases about diabetes that you hate more

Artorias's profile photo   06/18/2015 11:54 a.m.

Good morning!
I hang this meme that says:
What are you also type 1 diabetic?
@-)

Pinkunicorn's profile photo
Pinkunicorn
12/01/2016 9:40 a.m.

DM1 desde 2009
Lantus 23 UI 14h ahora probando Toujeo 28 UI 14h
Apidra Junior a demanda
Accu Check Aviva Expert
FreeStile Libre
Última HbA1c 6,8

"When you have low glucose ... and someone tells you to put insulin"

fer's profile photo
fer
12/01/2016 10:37 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

@Fer this morning was in 65 and I went through a bar to ask for a sugar envelope for not spending a gel.When asking me to look at me with a stranger face and I tell him that I am diabetic and he tells me, "of course my partner is also diabetic of those and when he has the high one also takes one" and I tell him it will be the other way around that when he has itLow takes one, right?And he tells me "That is your thing you are the ones who understand it."

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
12/01/2016 3:32 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

To me, rather than annoying phrases itself, I am bothering the ignorance they hide behind some of them, and the daring of that ignorance, the tone with which "solutions" are given as if only acute storytels.But not only has it happened to me with diabetes issues, which reminds me that we are all ignorant of many things and sometimes we also put the leg :-)

Above all, sometimes weighs me, the few times as at my mother's house, how she looks at me when I measure glycemia, how it is pending if I need to eat before or if I do the food they have made well ... noIt is necessary to say anything, it is pure concern and pain in your gaze.That hurts more than the prick.Therefore, although sometimes I bother to hear according to what things, I try to understand what originates those things, and if it is necessary, when I can (and if it is worth it, because there are situations in which it is better to let the comment go by, bypure mental health of one) explain about the matter.
So I like the photo of the frog that has hung @"pinkunicorn" for situations in which I don't want to give explanations :-)

Hugs.I have laughed reading some of the phrases :-) Better like this (I remember it myself, better laugh)

imara's profile photo
imara
12/01/2016 3:46 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Good comment @"jconegar", I laughed for a while ... Anyway, some reason are ... and little desire to understand !!

@"Imara" I love the frog !!!;)

fer's profile photo
fer
12/01/2016 4 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

fer's profile photo
fer
12/01/2016 4 p.m.

@"Jconegar" The same thing happened to me many years, I asked for a glass of water with sugar in a bar and what happened to me was embarrassing, they confused me with a Yonki

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
12/01/2016 5:15 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

@nigiri That of the Yonkis 31 years ago when we click with syringes.Social security gave horse syringes and there were some of the BD brand that were finer.Every time we were going to the pharmacy, the diabetic card had to be taught to charge less for the syringes, and all the people of the pharmacy looking at you with the face of pity with that age and drug trafficking.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
12/01/2016 6:45 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

@"jconegar" I used syringes too but it was very small so my mother bought them and I remember that I had to carry a kind of booklet in which they were pointing at the date and amount that was taken and they were from BD hahaha there are people who thinkThat nothing has been advanced in what refers to diabetes but I remember having to go with syringes to excursions, to houses of friends, with the roads and keep them yes or yes in the fridge ... a terror goes.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
12/01/2016 9:39 p.m.

@nigiri I am one of those who say that nothing has been made hahahaha, for 31 years that I am diabetic I think they have not been advances for so many years.When I debuted there were no mobile tlfs, at 18 the mobile phones were briefcases, now a mobile is in a clock and has even the Internet, that if it has advanced, I the only real advance I see are the MCG with alarms, but this debate is alreadyWe have generated it many times.
Neither the glucometers are reliable today if we could repeat the analyzes we would see the abysmal differences that many times give and we believe that we are those who are strangers, and photos of this I have to stop a train, when carrying dexcom when the variability is very largeI repeat in glucometer and make me want to stamp it against the wall, and I don't have only one, the same thing happens in everyone.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
12/01/2016 9:50 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

My phrase is clear the endo told my son you will have her for a lifetime

FANAFREZZA's profile photo
FANAFREZZA
01/16/2017 7:23 p.m.

I have not been able to read everything because there are a lot of contributions but a couple of smiles I have taken myself and I was missing.

He already gets used to kills me and the one of is a little better like this!Better?Better?Anda walks and throws pala!

T1d's profile photo
T1d
01/16/2017 8:36 p.m.

I hate people who say diabetis instead of diabetes ...: D

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
01/17/2017 1:20 p.m.

@nigiri, it also sounds strange to me when I listen/read, but be careful!, which is totally correct in Catalan, in fact, it is written thus diabetis, so surely when you see it, it is for this.;)

fer's profile photo
fer
01/17/2017 1:30 p.m.

NO NO BUT I TALK YOU HERE IN MADRID @"fer" above all, older people, say diabetis hahahaha

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
01/17/2017 2:03 p.m.

The other day my mother-in-law told me: He is a boy who has a very serious diabetes, not like Iago ....)

Enma's profile photo
Enma
01/17/2017 2:05 p.m.

Diabética tipo 3
Mamá de Iago (14 años)
Lantus 25 uds
Apidra a demanda
Freestyle libre
@enma

Well, no comment is no longer bothers me, moreover, I laugh according to what phrase.But at the beginning I did fill when a girl told me: if I drink from your water bbotella, don't you hit me, right?
O Plan phrases: if not so much, in fact everyone should do the diabetic diet ... xD

Mandy's profile photo
Mandy
01/18/2017 2:02 p.m.

@enma @mandy you have reminded me that I had some memes pending to share, here they go, I hope you make you laugh a little!;)

fer's profile photo
fer
01/18/2017 3:22 p.m.

@fer hahaha very good, partner.If you have a smile, yes.Especially the dog's meme haha

Mandy's profile photo
Mandy
01/18/2017 3:27 p.m.

Well, as I see that I am going to tell an anecdote with phrases.

You talk about the ignorance of people (with all reason) but the worst is when the ignorant is the doctor or hospital staff.

A few months ago they had to do an intervention (not related to diabetes) and had to be fasting until 6 in the afternoon, then the time of the operation and as it was with anesthesia they did not give me dinner, at most a juice or ayogurt.

I tell the doctor that I am diabetics and that I can not be fasting and less so much time (I always get up between 70 and 90 and if not breakfast in the following 20 minutes, the first hicc of the day is coming) and its only answer is "Well, if you want you can take a candy. "

Take now !!!And stays so comfortable !!hahaha.

Total, I repeat that this is impossible and I explain everything again.

The guy is moving and releases me: "Man, is that I have to enter you from in the morning and put on a glucose serum."

Bingo!!!It was so difficult to get there ?????

By God, who is a serum, not a kidney what you have to give me !!!

The day comes, they enter me and ask my nurse that if I am going to be without eating that how much insulin I put on the slow one and that if I do without the fast.The woman has no idea, she calls her partner and she doesn't know it either, she lian each other and in the end they tell me that the slow one but that the fast does not.

It is not because I am very distrustful but I did controls every 45 minutes because after things like that ... I start to raise the sugar a little and the nurse decides to take off my serum for a while to put it later.Until there well.

At that time the wardens arrive to take me to Quirofano and I tell him that they have to put the serum again and skip me "if they have removed it it will be for something."I insist again, that they have to make me not to sleep like this, that you can give me hypoglycemia.His partner decides to call the nurse and she tells her yes, that she has to put the serum.

To what I go with this story, I, that I am not a doctor, or nurse or anything, do I have to be the one who is saying what they have to do?Is it the one who has to be aware of his work?

Diabetes is a fairly common disease, they should have plenty of knowledge about it, I don't think it is the first diabetic person who goes through Quirofano.

With what tranquility is one in the hospital?Are they not basic knowledge that a doctor and a nurse would have to have?

Anyway, and it was not in a shabby hospital or anything, it was in one of the best hospitals in Madrid (I save the name).

There is that ... I'm about to start going to healers and santeras, seeing what was seen ...

estherj's profile photo
estherj
01/18/2017 7:33 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.