{'en': 'Insulin Tresiba (swallow)', 'es': 'Insulina TRESIBA (Degludec)'} Image

Insulin Tresiba (swallow)

Camalom's profile photo   01/17/2016 5:48 p.m.

Hello everyone.This Thursday I will have the insulin Tresiba in my hands, I will tell you that I am comparing it to the Lantus.The only thing that I do not finish understanding if the duration of the Tresiba is about 42h and you have to administer it once a day they will overlap with dose of the previous day...... but I have read that he has less hypoglycemia than with the lantus especially nocturnal.I don't end at all .....

Summarizing.I'm going to try it and I tell you.

The lantus does not reach 24h and I inject the large dose at 10pm & 3 units at 2:30 p.m. and so I reached 10pm.

Greetings to all ...... Be Happy.

Josep111's profile photo
Josep111
02/02/2016 4:41 p.m.

22:45H- TOUJEO 22 und. Peso: 73 kg.
HUMALOG a demanda
OneTouch Verio IQ / OneTouch Verio

anaisabel said:
today would have been a perfect day with free.I carry the crushed fingers.
Greetings @sigsauer :)

I think they have told you, but have you tried to put the sensors in another place other than the arm?Give a second chance to free.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/02/2016 7:31 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@joseludi, of course I will continue to use them.I will leave a little more time and put another sensor and maybe try in another place.

The Tresiba is still very good.Maybe I change the dose because I get up low and before eating I am also low, so I will lower the dose.It covers me 24 h.:)

@Josep111, you can put it when you want to consider that there must be at least 8 hours between dose and dose.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
02/02/2016 7:43 p.m.

@Josep111 I have been with the Tresiba for several months and I don't just understand the overlapping of hours.The only certain thing is that, in general, hypos have decreased considerably compared to the Lantus.

Pikitoni's profile photo
Pikitoni
02/02/2016 8:30 p.m.

DM I desde 2006 | Fiasp + Tresiba

Maybe it is so flat that it doesn't matter if they are overwhelmed. Anyway it makes me funny that they are 42 hours, they could already extend it a little more and we click every 2 days !!Although surely in the end it would be a mess in plan, touches me today or tomorrow?I put it yesterday?Surely one day we forgot, all with the Timesulin

Gala's profile photo
Gala
02/02/2016 8:40 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

@Anaisabel, how good that you do well.!I see him the advantage of being able to delay the weekend and not be as subject to the schedule .. and that he is not as fair as Lantus, and avoid the hyper of the last hour ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/02/2016 9:51 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I better understand the Tresiba: it has the same thing that is overwhelmed because its effect is 42h because the variations in dose will be minimal of these 42h or more.Once you have the dose set in your body every day you inject the same dose or you will always have the same amount in the body (the total).You will always have the same because you inject the same day after day and the same amount overlaps.... ............. In other words, the appropriate dose will always have the same amount in the body and when it is totally flat because it has to go better than the lantus.

It happens as in my situation with the Lantus right now: I inject at 10pm 18 units and then at 2:30 p.m. 3 other units also overlap but what counts schenses when you have the fixed dose you always have the same amount in the body.I don't know if I explained...........

If another insulin will last 80h, you would have to assess dose changes every 80h minimum and once the dose is fixed the total in the body will always be the same or it will give the same as they overlap what counts is the total in the body.

Injects start effect while last day is finishing its effect and ends at 42h it is always the same or you will always have the same amount in the body and being totally flat with a puncture a day has to go better than the lantus because it is flatTOTAL.

I try it this Thursday at 10pm I will tell you.The Tresiba has to do very well and when covering more than 24h with a puncture at the time you choose always always the same except for some variation will be luxurious.

Greetings to all and Be Happy because life is short but wide.

Josep111's profile photo
Josep111
02/03/2016 12:20 a.m.

HUMALOG a demanda

Equally this link about the threeiba is useful: Link

Con_Q_de_quimica's profile photo
Con_Q_de_quimica
02/03/2016 6:52 p.m.

www.infodiabetico.com/index.php/component/content/article/91-productos/2297-ya-se-puede-adquirir-en-espana-tresiba-la-insulina-que-personaliza-el-tratamiento-de-la-diabetes

Josep111's profile photo
Josep111
02/04/2016 11:37 a.m.

HUMALOG a demanda

Tomorrow a week ago I put on Tresiba.As the endocrine said he told me that during the first days I would be high, but I am low too low.Today all morning and until seven in the afternoon low.Before dinner 165, but of course I have picked up.Yesterday I got two units and I think I will get off two more.I doubt a little, would you get off two or if I still do the same tomorrow, do I do it tomorrow?

Anaisabel
02/04/2016 10:37 p.m.

I would download it tomorrow, since it is 42 hours

Gala's profile photo
Gala
02/04/2016 11:04 p.m.

For tomorrow I will continue like this.I am a little scary to be so low and it is also that I take sugar and some cookie and nothing goes up.

Anaisabel
02/04/2016 11:43 p.m.

Tresiba: It has a half -life of 25 hours and even "on the third day of its daily administration a plateau level is reached in which insulin is maintained."It is the first that provides an action duration beyond 42 hours.

www.diariainformacion.com/vida-y-estilo/salud/2016/02/03/espana-pone-vent-nueva-insulina/1723652.html

Josep111's profile photo
Josep111
02/04/2016 11:56 p.m.

HUMALOG a demanda

Anaisabel I have started with threeiba today I will tell you how it works for me.I am convinced that it will be a success but you have to find the right dose and the dose variations must be made after two, three days in normal +- unit.

In your specific case if your levels are so low, do not wait for both of you.Go down two or three units at once and you start regulating it waiting for you those three days up and lowering units one by one.And so in the end you will find the appropriate dose "patience" that we will thank you later.

I am animated because I was very subject to two schedules with the Lantus by not covering me 24h.I was injected with 18 units at 10pm and 3 units at 2:30 p.m.If I played Padel at night and I was later done to me, I immediately climbed the sugar, etc..... and the prick of 14:30 a me killed since you are working and you are pending this.Now I will feel more free a puncture at 10pm in Tresiba and voila.If I play Padel and I delay nothing because I have basal and if I go for dinner I am injecting when I leave home even if they are not 10pm with two or three hours a maximum and ready.Whenever this at home I will try to inject myself in a fixed schedule, that is, or at 10pm exactly.And work quickly in my case Humalog.I just think about it I feel freer ....... and when you travel for the same much more free work ...... Now it's time to find the perfect dose.

Courage everyone in our common struggle that is diabetes and move on.I will share my work trips and day by day...... experiences that can serve us all.

I would also like to know what products you use to raise sugar.I say it above all working I mean products easy to carry on and not be expensive.Something that works for you........... Energy bars, energy gels, gluc up 15, glucosport, etc...... especially discreet and easy to carry.The juices or coca cola work for home or car.

Greetings to all.

Josep111's profile photo
Josep111
02/05/2016 12:25 a.m.

HUMALOG a demanda

Definitely, at night I bass her again.I have gotten down and goes down all morning.57 Before breakfast at 11h 47 (about sugar and a Magdalena) and a 54.
I did not put the lantus twice, but if I had to quickly put me in the middle of the afternoon, deserve or not.The Tresiba I put it when Ceno is the time that is.
For the dowers I always take sugar from envelope.It has always been very comfortable to work at work I go to kitchen or cafeteria and I have solved it (work in a residence).Then I take two or three cookies.

Anaisabel
02/05/2016 1:26 p.m.

@ anaisabel, say one in one unit, which is almost
How many Lantus units did you wear?
How many of threeiba?
To learn

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/05/2016 3:40 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Anaisabel Los Tarrones de Sugar do you take them with a glass of water or directly in your mouth ????.And out of curiosity how many Lantus units you managed and how many three of three to learn among all as Regina says.I fantastic first day with threeiba.

I have made this account for Tresiba:

The first day the same units as with Lantus and from the second day 20% less than the units you put with Lantus.

Yesterday I set 15 und.From threeiba at 10pm and from today I will put 12 units and I will adapt them every day that passes or lowering unit to unit.

Greetings, we are telling experiences.Bye

Josep111's profile photo
Josep111
02/05/2016 3:57 p.m.

HUMALOG a demanda

I take the sugar directly if I am on the street, at home I dissolve it in a little water to make it faster.I usually take juice at home but the day I am going down all the time, I drink water with sugar because my stomach of so much juice is hurt, it gives me acidity

Gala's profile photo
Gala
02/05/2016 5:53 p.m.

My endocrine has told me today that it will prescribe it, we have to do first complete analytics etc But it seems that I will take away the lantus and put it

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
02/05/2016 6:07 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

The endocrine told me that as soon as they had it, I notified me, or it has not yet arrived or has forgotten me ... it will depend on each autonomous community I imagine that it will be more or less fast in each other.;)

@Josep111 I have always go with me in my left pocket 4 sugar and I am going through all the pockets according to the time, jeans, tracksuit, pajamas but it is a custom that once acquired at the end is like getting your hand in the pocket and sayingOysters !!!I'm missing something.That is what I take by hand, then in the bandit I carry another cargo of gels, more sugar and energy bar in case they steal me and I have to run after the sleeve ...: D

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
02/05/2016 6:47 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.