{'en': 'Insulin Tresiba (swallow)', 'es': 'Insulina TRESIBA (Degludec)'} Image

Insulin Tresiba (swallow)

Camalom's profile photo   01/17/2016 5:48 p.m.

I am fatal, I don't know what to do anymore, my son who is a great dependent is with Actrapid, Novorapid and was with Lantus until 15 days ago that we started with Tresiba. With the lantus everything well until this summer that had a hip of horror,Well, I click the three at the same time 23.30 as with Lantus and started as the endocrine said with 24 and every three days uploading to him and so I go up because there is no way, he gets up with 300 even if he lies with 130.For 32 and fear gives me where I have to go up, I plan to buy the freestyle because I am sorry for your fingers that I die, and to all this that for me the Freetyle is a luxury but I buy it, it happens what happens, thanks and toSee that they advise me.

dolores10ro's profile photo
dolores10ro
10/09/2016 1:02 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Dolores10ro 15 days are few, it cost me 3 months of changes of schedules and quantities until I started seeing the light and so I still are not sure that I do well, I have good things and others that I do not understand themAnd they baffle me completely, I came from being very good with Lantus and that is why he fucks even more ...
With Lantus if one day you were not going well the next day you went up or left 2 or 3 units and you saw the result, with threeiba what you climb or you go down you will not see it until after 2 or 3 days ... II was already scaring me thinking that I was the only one who was not perfect ... A advice, patience !!!

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
10/09/2016 3:49 p.m.

sigsauer said:
@pains10 15 days are few, it cost me 3 months of changes of schedules and quantities until I started seeing the light and so on and everything is still not clear that I leaveWell the three -year, it has good things and others that I do not understand and baffle me completely, I came from being very good with Lantus and that is why it fucks even more ...
With Lantus if one day you were not going well the next day you went up or left 2 or 3 units and you saw the result, with threeiba what you climb or you go down you will not see it until after 2 or 3 days ... II was already scaring me thinking that I was the only one who was not perfect ... A advice, patience !!!

Thank youssssss, then wait.

dolores10ro's profile photo
dolores10ro
10/09/2016 4:23 p.m.

Hello everyone.My experience with Tresiba in my son is good.During the summer we have gone with Tresiba and Novorrapid and great.The problem begins with school.We put the Tresiba at 23:30.During all these months he has the tendency to hypoglycemia between 9 and 11 am.While this is with me this is rectifiable.But at the beginning of the school we put Actrapid in the morning to avoid the puncture in the school at lunch (with Novorrapid it would have to always puncture).If we decrease the threeiba you have to correct during the night and then we have the same problem then get up.And if we keep Tresiba I have to reduce the Actrapid at breakfast to avoid the hypo from 9 to 11, but it lacks quickly after lunch.We have done everything.UP TRESIBA, DOWN ACTRAPID.Download Tresiba and upload Actrapid.Everything leads to the same, downward trend from 9 to 11 in the morning and El Cole's lunch is at 11.30.He does not reach lunch and then shoots, or because he lacks fast or because if I upload the quick I give him something to overcome.The result is the same.Therefore I only see one solution and it is to change the time of administration.
My question to those who have changed the time of administration is which you find that it is the best.I don't know if I have explained well.I have not wanted to modify the schedule during these months because it was more comfortable.Thank you

caramelo's profile photo
caramelo
10/10/2016 10:40 a.m.

One schedule is not better than another.Look for one that is comfortable and tries.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
10/10/2016 1:26 p.m.

@Caramelo My experience is that I have tried several schedules I have seen that the problems I had are practically the same, putting it at 23 hours or putting it at 3 pm as I put it on now, the positive parts are the same and the negatives also putting it by putting it on itAt one hour that to another with what I want to tell you that for me changing the time has not been the solution, I need to try breakfast but it is an hour that does not do very well ..

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
10/10/2016 3:53 p.m.

In the morning I have not tried either, it is fatal.At 2pm, I have a complicated work, but I'm going.

Anaisabel
10/10/2016 4:38 p.m.

Well, if I am not going to improve anything with the schedule I think the most sensible thing will be to go from Actrapid to Novorrspid and correct at lunch.I have been trying to give it autonomy during the morning but I see that it is the only solution.Thanks for your answers

caramelo's profile photo
caramelo
10/10/2016 5:06 p.m.

Changing the schedule three is not noticing as much as with Lantus.Tresiba has a lot of duration, the doses are overwhelmed, so it works by accumulation.The difference when changing the schedule in many cases will not be remarkable.
For this reason, at least two or three days are needed to see significant changes when you change the dose amount.
But to prove that it is not.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
10/10/2016 5:09 p.m.

artories said:
changing schedule the three is not noticeable as with lantus.Tresiba has a lot of duration, the doses are overwhelmed, so it works by accumulation.The difference when changing the schedule in many cases will not be remarkable.
For this reason, at least two or three days are needed to see significant changes when you change the dose amount.
But to prove that there are no.

Thanks Artorias.I already imagined that I was not going to serve as much.But it was to exhaust the possibilities before clicking him while he is in school.I will tell you

caramelo's profile photo
caramelo
10/11/2016 11:56 a.m.

Good #Caramelo .... for giving another point of view ... Basal's needs vary during the day ... there are people who accuse him more than others ... In my case I have always needed a small support in the morningTo get well to the food ... precisely from 9 to 11 ... with a banana it is usually enough ... if I went down basal I would not cover my day well ... so I prefer to take that extra because the rest of the day I ambrilliant.In short .. there are things that escape the dosing and have to adapt.

ranty's profile photo
ranty
10/11/2016 12:01 p.m.

I am Type I diabetic for 31 years.I used the lantus, in combination with the Novorrapid, but suffered constant hypoglycemia.That is why I went to the Medtronic insulin infusion pump, with the continuous blood glucose sensor that suspends the insulin supply automatically. My glycosylated hemoglobin is 6.8.
To spend a more relaxed summer, I consulted with my doctors to see the possibility of returning to insulin is this period of time.The clinician recommended the swallow, which is injected every three days.I would be interested in having news of this insulin, how it acts.Thank you so much

magavidal's profile photo
magavidal
10/11/2016 8:30 p.m.

@magavidal and who that clinician lousts that tells you that Tresiba (swallow) is injected every three days .. ??Another nominated for Medicine Nobel ..?The Tresiba is injected daily just like the Lantus.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
10/11/2016 9:11 p.m.

It seemed very rare, that's why I got into the forum to consult.Precisely, for about three years I use insulin pump and really almost no night or diurnal hypoglycemia for the supply cut.But it is heavy all day connected to the pump.In addition, at night, which is when I usually have hypos, the bomb warns with alarms and my problem is that I reveal me.I do not have an easy glymia to control, there is no pattern for what is difficult for me.Thank you very much @sigsauer

magavidal
10/11/2016 9:18 p.m.

On the subject of the bomb if we will not be able to help you, it is a very personal decision.If you have nocturnal hypos and the bomb has alarms and wakes you but reveals you, I do not want to tell you if you did not have the bomb, then you would not hit eye all night of the concern !!Or you can afford a Dexcom with alarms or not sleeping throughout the night.For that part, the bomb should be a peace of mind that you wouldn't have without it @magavidal

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
10/11/2016 10:07 p.m.

Before the three will be marketed, I had also talked about what was put in every three days: -s.
@magavidal, is injected every 24 hours.The lantus did not last 24h yes and it is flatter.

Anaisabel
10/12/2016 10:21 a.m.

@Anaisabel the truth is that with the Lantus and Novorrapid my problem were hypo and hyper.I couldn't find a flat parameter, so I had to go to the insulin pump.With the pump I keep very well, but it is a bit tired to be 24x24 with the device.And since it is not submersible, now that summer arrives, I have to be aware of disconnecting, connecting, not having rebound, etc.
Thank you very much for the data!

magavidal
10/12/2016 9:55 p.m.

@sigsauer is like that, as you describe.When the pump cuts in the early morning he warns me, something that did not happen with the injections.Sometimes I woke up with 30 and the whole family was restless.Since I have the bomb, there are days that I do not sleep well, but at least the hypos are not so severe.Maybe it's not a good idea to disconnect in the summer.To make an intelligent decision, it is best to inform yourself and then decide.Thank you so much!

magavidal
10/12/2016 10 p.m.

Well, as my hemoglobin already seized it has risen from 6.8 to 7.5 since I am with threeiba, I do not completely blame insulin but it has been a determining factor, my body has not assimilated the Tresiba or the Tresiba noIt has assimilated me for what my endocrine watching me the graphs has decided to take it out so today I start with Toujeo until January and seeing the results I will return to the lantus with which with their pros and cons7 .. By the way, I am not the only weird bug, he told me that there are people who are luxurious but that I am the third person who has been removed, in the end, will be changing my body,I'll be growing .. ??:-?

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
10/13/2016 6:35 p.m.

I encourage @sigsauer ... It is clear that if things do not work it is better to change them ... I hope that with toujeo you do better and better that hem ...

ranty's profile photo
ranty
10/13/2016 8:41 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.