{'en': 'Insulin Tresiba (swallow)', 'es': 'Insulina TRESIBA (Degludec)'} Image

Insulin Tresiba (swallow)

Camalom's profile photo   01/17/2016 5:48 p.m.

Josep111 said:
Basal in general must put in their arms because it slows the insulin perfectly.Anywhere but legs because it accelerates its action and more if you do sports such as running, long walks, etc....

If I am at home I put it in my arms, if I am out in my belly but never in my legs.

@Josep111, had this recommendation read before, is it official?, And the same does not happen with the fast?

fer's profile photo
fer
05/02/2016 9:44 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

The fastest to slower areas are: belly, arms, legs, lower back, ass.

In the ass and lower back of the back it is usually recommended to put the slow one, or if not on the legs.

Exercising an area of ​​the body just when you put the fast insulin can accelerate its action.The same can happen with hot water or bathrooms.

Referring to slow insulin, no idea how that can affect an insulin that lasts 42 hours like threeiba.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
05/02/2016 11:21 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Thank you @Arotorias Your explanation is more consistent with what I knew, to see if we can help us @Josep111 and clarify.;)

fer's profile photo
fer
05/03/2016 7:53 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

fer said:
Josep111 said:
Basal in general must put in the arms because it slows the insulin perfectly.Anywhere but legs because it accelerates its action and more if you do sports such as running, long walks, etc....

If I am at home I put it in my arms, if I am out in my belly but never in my legs.

@Josep111, had this recommendation read before, is it official?, And the same does not happen with the fast?

It is not official is based on experiences nothing more.

The basal can put it where you want the same as the fast but if you do a lot of sport as in my case you notice that in the slowdown arms the basal the basal covering the day better the day than in the legs you will accelerate its duration especially running.

The rapid accelerated its effect if you come from running and you put it on your legs.

With these basal it is not so important because they perfectly cover the day its effect is up to 42h (threeiba) or up to 30h (toujeo) but the old lantus showed a lot if you wanted to cover the day perfectly to put it on the legs or arms and buttocks.

"It is not official are only said experiences in a forum for diabetics."

Josep111's profile photo
Josep111
05/03/2016 11:51 a.m.

22:45H- TOUJEO 22 und. Peso: 73 kg.
HUMALOG a demanda
OneTouch Verio IQ / OneTouch Verio

Thanks for the clarification @Josep111, and delighted that you share your experience !!;)

fer's profile photo
fer
05/03/2016 11:53 a.m.

fer said:
thanks for the clarification @Josep111, and delighted that you share your experience !!;)

Thanks to you, fer.

;)

Josep111's profile photo
Josep111
05/03/2016 1:18 p.m.

22:45H- TOUJEO 22 und. Peso: 73 kg.
HUMALOG a demanda
OneTouch Verio IQ / OneTouch Verio

Well, I almost always put it on my thighs or arms.The Lantus m put it almost always in the ass.And the rapids depend on how glycemia has.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
05/03/2016 2:56 p.m.

I and it is my experience I already put that the basal put them on my thighs but for 1 year I put it in my ass and I think that with less units the effect becomes longer in my ass than in my thigh, it is likeIf units were lost in the leg.Obviously comfort is also important and we are very comfortable ..

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
05/03/2016 3 p.m.

In the Lantus I do not remember, but in the threeiba prospectus he says that it must be put on thighs or arms.How I read this because I left my ass that was already saturated from the Lantus :))

Anaisabel
05/03/2016 3:04 p.m.

I also three in the buttock.

ranty's profile photo
ranty
05/06/2016 10:15 p.m.

Hello everyone, I am using threeiba and I would like to clarify a question that I have when reading the prospect: on the page.9 It is said that the duration of the action is greater than 42 hours, but on the page.13, in the elimination section it is said that the half -life of insulin is 25 hours.
I do not understand the difference in that data.
Greetings and thanks

anónimo1's profile photo
anónimo1
05/11/2016 11:29 a.m.

I am not an expert in medication but I understand that the average life of 25 hours refers to the fact that insulin is taking effect in our body to full performance and that the rest of the time up to 42 hours is residual insulin in the body but that it is not doing practicallynothing...

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
05/11/2016 11:56 a.m.

sigsauer said:
I am not an expert in medication but I understand that the average life of 25 hours refers to the fact that insulin is taking effect in our body to full performance and that the rest of the time up to 42Hours remains residual insulin in the body but is not doing anything practically ...

Thank you very much for your answer.
greetings

anónimo1's profile photo
anónimo1
05/11/2016 1:39 p.m.

Hello everyone, well today, it has been my visit to the endocrine after taking three months with threeyWhat worries me most is that I send me to look at the vitamin D in the analyticalSleep, the doctor has told me that it has to do with the bones, does something happen to you?Jo ... has left me with the cheers for the soils.Or am I worrying more about the account?greetings

pilerela's profile photo
pilerela
05/11/2016 5:06 p.m.

55 años con diabetes tipo 1
insulina tresiba 14 und, y novorapid a demanda
ultima hemo 6.8

and nobody clicks on the gut?

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
05/11/2016 5:12 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

I have been with Tresiba for a week, and tell you that after the Lantus at the time, (using NPH), and the use of freestyle, the best advances I have had in my many years of diabetic.

I started with the same units as Lantus, but maybe I had to retake some unit of Tresiba.The fast, Apidra, I don't notice that it affects me.I did get the most important thing: take away from the obligation to always snack something if I didn't want to have a hiccup in the afternoon, and out of night hypoglycemia.His profile, seen in the freestyle graphics, is surprisingly flat.I put it at the same time as ancient Lantus, at noon.

I understand that it is very little time to use, but I tell you my experience after a week in case it can be useful to someone.Of course that each one must find what goes best.

Greetings.

Sorprendido's profile photo
Sorprendido
05/11/2016 6:15 p.m.

Desde 1984 diabético tipo 1
Tresiba al mediodía , Apidra en las comidas.
Glicosiladas alrededor de 6,5 %
"Feliz aquel que reconoce a tiempo que sus deseos no están de acuerdo con sus posibilidades "
Goethe

A question for those who carry a continuous meter and is with threeiba, is it flat?

Anaisabel
05/17/2016 1:37 p.m.

@Anaisabel Noooo is all flat that they say although I also believe that the perfect dose must be fixed.I am putting it around 23-23: 30 and at 4-5 in the morning I see in the free that starts to lower me in a slow but without stopping but I also think it is a matter of finding the perfect units, me1U ABOVE OR 1U BELOW I NOTE IT ABOUT THE NIGHTS ...

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
05/17/2016 2:48 p.m.

I don't know what I am doing wrong.I already passed with the Lantus, at night, not always, m glycemia rises and I get up around 200. I go to bed with 140-160 sometimes less and in the morning it is already high.Yesterday m went to bed I had 230 m clicking two quickly and I got up with 210. The days I lift well I have not done anything different from other days.If I upload the slow one because before the main food for sure and for the day I am great so I think I do not have to upload the units.
As I said, surely that many times, the good thing about the Tresiba is that it covers me all day, but I do not solve my mornings.

Anaisabel
05/17/2016 10:04 p.m.

@Anaisabel you can upload the slow one and eat in the middle of the morning (provided you have the possibility) to get to food well.It is what I think I will have to do even if it annoyed me, up the morning dose to be target at 2 hours and lunch to get to the average food well ..

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
05/18/2016 11:49 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.