{'en': 'Insulin Tresiba (swallow)', 'es': 'Insulina TRESIBA (Degludec)'} Image

Insulin Tresiba (swallow)

Camalom's profile photo   01/17/2016 5:48 p.m.

I do not know if I am wrong and I do not know if the amount of basal insulin is equal to or similar to the duration of basal insulin .. Example I have spent several years putting me 30-32u de Lantus and gave me the impression that with my more or less hypoglycemia,The duration if I covered me 24 hours a day.Now I am giving myself about 18u with which I get up at good levels but the effect of the Lantus I think it does not reach me or at 18 hours especially if I have not done sports ... I do not know what you think !!!

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
02/26/2016 3:37 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It covers me perfectly 24h and I am better every day.Each person is a world....... Cheer up.

Josep111's profile photo
Josep111
02/26/2016 3:42 p.m.

22:45H- TOUJEO 22 und. Peso: 73 kg.
HUMALOG a demanda
OneTouch Verio IQ / OneTouch Verio

On ultra-fast insulins it is true that the one that works best to me is Humalog with difference to the others.I spent a while with Novorapid and it took one more hour to disappear his action that Humalog and less strength.

Humalog in three hours (maximum) you have nothing left in the body and novorapid spent four hours (maximum).I also found that Humalog has more strength than the others when lowering sugar.I can't think about Apidra because I don't know it.

Josep111's profile photo
Josep111
02/26/2016 3:49 p.m.

HUMALOG a demanda

@Hoyos, the duration of insulin depends on the dose. If you have to put little, because if they do not give it hypos, it is why it does not reach 24 h.
That is why I told you about putting it every 12 hours., Lantus or Levemir.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/26/2016 4:27 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@sigsauer, if you don't cover you 24 hours, you realize, sure.It ended at 6pm (I put it at 10pm) I reached nine to 400. I can't answer your doubt because I don't know.Let's see if someone knows.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
02/26/2016 6:47 p.m.

@sigsauer, because I do not think it is the same, if you get more units, in the hours that the effect lasts, this will be more intense or less, to more insulin lower levels I have hypos and vice versa and the duration, it is perfectlyWhen you run out at least to me because I am at 80-100 levels between hours perfectly and derepente without eating or anything begins to rise to me and if I upload the unique units that I get is that instead of having good figures 80-100, I have drops, but when your time comes it goes up again even if it has been 12 hours down again
@Hoyost9, have you tried at noon?It has gone better to me

Gala's profile photo
Gala
02/26/2016 10:27 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Try those who do not cover 24h to inject it into the arms area usually work.

Josep111's profile photo
Josep111
02/27/2016 9:58 a.m.

HUMALOG a demanda

@Josep111, have you put it in asses?The Lantus almost always put it in my ass.The Tresiba I have not tried.

Anaisabel
02/27/2016 11:10 a.m.

I'm putting it on my arms very well..... I will also try in the culot will still slow down insulin.;)

Josep111's profile photo
Josep111
02/27/2016 noon

HUMALOG a demanda

Hello everyone!

I haven't come to the forum for a long time, almost 3 years ago, which was when my girl was born.And now with the Tresiba theme because I have encouraged myself because he is taking me along the path of bitterness and despair.A month ago I went to the endocrine and asked him to change the Lantus for Tresiba, since I had heard that it lasted longer.And my problem with the Lantus was that it lasted me 20 hours and those 4 hours that were missing had to cover them with 1 or 2 units of fast to get to the food, which was there when the lantus put me.

The endocrine approved it, I bought insulin and began with it, putting less dose than Lantus, I increased the dose until it reached almost the same as Lantus, 20-22 units.So spent a few days, few, flipping how well I was going, I covered me all day without peaks, super flat of action, without hypos and without hypers.I happy of life because it cost me little to be regulated and have good glycemia.Until about two weeks ago the glycemia starts me in the afternoon and I arrive at dinner in almost 300 !!!(So ​​more than 3 days the same) that the post of the food was fine, nothing, that was climbing like the foam.To all this ... the threeiba put it in the food, how can it be that putting it in the food does not cover me in the afternoon?I don't understand!What is the rest of the day well, I get up with good glycemias and I got well to food.The fact is that I went to the endocrine and asked him, but how is the Tresiba so new, I did not know how to give an explanation.
A few days ago I changed the schedule, instead of putting it at noon I spent it at 9pm, I thought ... as at night in general I think I need less basal insulin than the rest of the day because the same if I put it here I fix the problem, since it lasts 24h or more and I will also get to dinner well.So I've been ... and the same thing happens to me !!I get very high to dinner, around 300, it is clear that there is a baseline there, and I said yesterday ... well, I'm going to try up the dose, instead of 22 I will put on 24, because neither!Last night I went to bed in 180 and I didn't get fast and lift myself in 90, much lowered me.And this afternoon the same ... the same problem, in the 90s snack, I do not mend and I have reached dinner in 290. Hartita, that I am even thinking of returning to the Lantus !!ha ha ha.It reminds me of the Insulatard of 1000 years ago that there was nowhere to take it.But I still have hope of regulating it, and it is very desperate that you go to the doctor and have no idea and think ... now what do I do?

Has something like this happened to you ???

ALG's profile photo
ALG
02/29/2016 11:20 p.m.

DM1 desde 1992
Tresiba y novorapid

Let's see...... It is a very flat insulin and if you have the dose you need to be high..... The dose is modified every two days.Cover perfectly 24h and you have to play with the quick in your favor.

Insulin with the dose you need is like Lantus (flatter) but covering 24h but are not afraid to upload units if you need.If, for example, you put it at night and in the morning you notice that you arrive under to eat, we go down the quick lunch and if I get a little higher to dinner, then increase the rapid snack but you have to put on put the one thatYou need and more these insulins that are so flat.

You make the mistake of uploading units and wanting to see the result that same day and with three years almost 42h it will not work for you.Go up and wait three days..... And you will see the effect of the insulin rise but not the same day because each injection lasts almost 42h no 24h like lantus.

And tell you that it works and very well.... I am very happy and I already put the same units as with Lantus.

Cheer up.:)>-

Josep111's profile photo
Josep111
03/01/2016 9:55 a.m.

HUMALOG a demanda

La Tresiba:

It is a very flat basal of almost 42h no dose is modified every day or downward or the discharge because you will not clarify with it.It is logical does not last 24h can last up to 42h.......

We modify dose and wait two, three days and we see results and so we find the ideal dose."It is not insulin to modify dose every day" is not the lantus that at 24 hours you have nothing left in your body and I start with the new day.

We modify every two days and if I am high that passes from 100 to 300 in some section of the day, units are missing and fixed with the rapid.

We are much who works not only in this country but throughout the world.And very studies have been done before getting it to the market but you have to know how to use it.

Cheer up.

Josep111's profile photo
Josep111
03/01/2016 10:17 a.m.

HUMALOG a demanda

I suppose that it will be a matter of waiting but what is clear is that if I get high to the food or dinner it is not the fault of the quick of the previous main food, if in the food post I am 120 and at dinner 300 littleYou can quickly do the food ... what happens is that if I upload the threeiba I get up very low.

ALG's profile photo
ALG
03/01/2016 10:55 a.m.

DM1 desde 1992
Tresiba y novorapid

Yesterday I agreed with the hospital educator and asked how such or what conclusions they were taking with the patients who have started with Tresiba and told me that it is still very soon to make an assessment but that like patients, endos and nurses areThey had created such high spectatives with this insulin in which they thought they were going to see flat glycemia, plan.The lantus will do better and others will do better ..

He also told me that they shortly market the substitute for Lantus that lasts more, Toujeo.

All the best

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
03/01/2016 12:55 p.m.

Maybe you also have to find the schedule.
With Lantus we had to find it and, in our case, put it at noon. When we got the duration of 24 h, the change of life was total.There were still fixed schedules DW meals and practically disappeared the nocturnal hypos .., but it was too fair at 24 h, and sometimes it does not arrive.
Let's see with Tresiba if you find the touch.
If not, try with Toujeo.
But you have to move forward.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/01/2016 3:23 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

I started putting it at 3 p.m. and a day came when x the afternoons went up ... how could it be that putting it at that time going up from the snack to dinner without snacking anything?And reaching food in terms of basal?It is very rare because it seems that in those first hours of action it has no effect.That's how I spent a few days until I decided to change and put it at 9pm, but the same thing happens to me.Alba phenomenon x the afternoon that suddenly ???Hahaha ... very strange

ALG's profile photo
ALG
03/01/2016 4:13 p.m.

DM1 desde 1992
Tresiba y novorapid

@Alg, how did he go with Lantus?
It seems that the Tresiba does not reach 24 h ... do you put less doses Q with Latin?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/01/2016 4:34 p.m.

I'm going to try more days to see if I improve without despair.
With the Lantus I was doing well but the paste is that I did not last 24 h but 20, x that made me extra fast in mid -morning.De Lantus put me 20 and three at the moment 22.

ALG's profile photo
ALG
03/01/2016 9:28 p.m.

DM1 desde 1992
Tresiba y novorapid

You'll be counting @alg, it's good to know how we are doing and so being able to help us.I have been up to two days in the morning, today I have lifted myself well, to see what lasts.24 hours at the moment it lasts.

Anaisabel
03/01/2016 10:49 p.m.

We look like guinea pigs ... hahaha.As @Sigsauer said, the same is that the expectations of the Tresiba are high and we want it to be perfect.If not, to try the toujeo when they approve it.
Let's see if you get up tomorrow too well @anaisabel!
This afternoon I have walked better, post of food 97, without snack I have reached dinner in 139, at least it has not uploaded to 200 and peak.

ALG's profile photo
ALG
03/01/2016 10:59 p.m.

DM1 desde 1992
Tresiba y novorapid

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.