{'en': 'Insulin Tresiba (swallow)', 'es': 'Insulina TRESIBA (Degludec)'} Image

Insulin Tresiba (swallow)

Camalom's profile photo   01/17/2016 5:48 p.m.

holes9 said:
after using three time.It was said that towards a flatter curve and that avoided hypoglycemia above night and that covers the 24 hours even more.I cannot say that it is but quite the opposite.The curve is not flat causes hypoglycemia if it is administered at night, in the morning hip, if it is put in the morning Hyper Brutal at night, let's not cover the day, it only covers 17 hours.It is not how it is advertised.Only good has the Flex Touch pen, but today it doesn't even match Lantus.
holes9 said:
is not at all what they publish if not the opposite.It does not cover the day and causes hypo.

In my case, the opposite.I put it at night and not a single nocturnal hypoglycemia.I had enough with Lantus and covers me 24h perfectly something that with Lantus had to administer it twice.In addition, investigations have been done and it has been proven that it is flatter with less nocturnal hypos........ This is demonstrated something else is in specific cases that does not work correctly due to lack of dose, sedentary or whatever....

Anyway encourage.I am very happy...... I also do a lot of sport and I like to be positive and persevering and go with the last.From the Lantus until today I have a lot of freedom and independence the truth and with threeiba improving my life.

Josep111's profile photo
Josep111
02/21/2016 2:03 p.m.

22:45H- TOUJEO 22 und. Peso: 73 kg.
HUMALOG a demanda
OneTouch Verio IQ / OneTouch Verio

This is revolutionary and interesting that life would change us.I wish we can see it come true.

Link

@-)

Josep111's profile photo
Josep111
02/21/2016 7:15 p.m.

HUMALOG a demanda

Josep111 said:
This is revolutionary and interesting that would change our lives.I wish we can see it come true.

Link

@-)

It is the MK-2640 ("Smart Insulin").It is in phase 1 and nothing is known if it works, if in the best case we would forget to measure ourselves and we would only need to prick this insulin once a day, or if in the end it would stay in little more than in a substituteof Lantus.

Here they talk about the study that is being carried out and explain the subject a bit, it is very interesting: Link

This is the study link: Link

According to this next month, the first part of the study ends, to see if they publish results.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
02/21/2016 11:23 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, it seems seriously.;)

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/22/2016 5:06 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

artories said:
Josep111 said:
This is revolutionary and interesting that life would change us.I wish we can see it come true.

Link

@-)

It is the MK-2640 ("Smart Insulin").It is in phase 1 and nothing is known if it works, if in the best case we would forget to measure ourselves and we would only need to prick this insulin once a day, or if in the end it would stay in little more than in a substituteof Lantus.

Here they talk about the study that is being carried out and explain the subject a bit, it is very interesting: Link

This is the study link: Link

According to this next month, the first part of the study ends, to see if they publish results.

regina said:
Well it seems seriously.;)

Thanks for expanding the information.

:) & GT;-

Josep111's profile photo
Josep111
02/22/2016 9:08 a.m.

HUMALOG a demanda

@Gala?How are things with you?Better??

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/23/2016 1:11 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

My daughter is already debuting with just 1 year.First NPH and fast, then Lantus and Ultrarapida, and now Tresiba and Fast.
We do not have very good experience with Tresiba, which they say that lasts one day is even more to miss the truth.At most it lasts 17-18 hours.And in the morning it dawns in 70 from 250, but it is an insulin that we do not have good experience, we are going worse and hindered it does not have the same energy.

Josep111 said:
holes9 said:
after using three for a while.It was said that towards a flatter curve and that avoided hypoglycemia above night and that covers the 24 hours even more.I cannot say that it is but quite the opposite.The curve is not flat causes hypoglycemia if it is administered at night, in the morning hip, if it is put in the morning Hyper Brutal at night, let's not cover the day, it only covers 17 hours.It is not how it is advertised.Only good has the Flex Touch pen, but today it doesn't even match Lantus.
holes9 said:
holes9 said:
is not at all what they publish if not the opposite.It does not cover the day and causes hypo.

In my case, the opposite.I put it at night and not a single nocturnal hypoglycemia.I had enough with Lantus and covers me 24h perfectly something that with Lantus had to administer it twice.In addition, investigations have been done and it has been proven that it is flatter with less nocturnal hypos........ This is demonstrated something else is in specific cases that does not work correctly due to lack of dose, sedentary or whatever....

Anyway encourage.I am very happy...... I also do a lot of sport and I like to be positive and persevering and go with the last.From the Lantus until today I have a lot of freedom and independence the truth and with threeiba improving my life.

hoyos9's profile photo
hoyos9
02/23/2016 11:40 a.m.

If to other insulins we have given a long time until we adapt to them, I think that to this one, because of the little experience we have and the great novelty that we suppose we should give it a vote of confidence until we adapt !!!!I think !!

holes9 said:
My daughter is already 4 years old with just 1 year.First NPH and fast, then Lantus and Ultrarapida, and now Tresiba and Fast.
We do not have very good experience with Tresiba, which they say that lasts one day is even more to miss the truth.At most it lasts 17-18 hours.And in the morning it dawns in 70 from 250, but it is an insulin that we do not have good experience, we are going worse and hindered it does not have the same energy.

Josep111 said:
holes9 said:
holes9 said:
after using three for a while.It was said that towards a flatter curve and that avoided hypoglycemia above night and that covers the 24 hours even more.I cannot say that it is but quite the opposite.The curve is not flat causes hypoglycemia if it is administered at night, in the morning hip, if it is put in the morning Hyper Brutal at night, let's not cover the day, it only covers 17 hours.It is not how it is advertised.Only good has the Flex Touch pen, but today it doesn't even match Lantus.
holes9 said:
holes9 said:
holes9 said:
holes9 said:

Camalom's profile photo
Camalom
02/23/2016 11:54 a.m.

My daughter has just turned 4, not much activity.But we have it more than proven, there is no more than 17 hours and it is much, and in the morning a downward trend.I would like it to be otherwise since the pen with the Flex Touch I like.But it doesn't have much to do with what they publish.

sigsauer said:
in the end I think it is the same as with lantus, there are missing data from @hoyos9, sport, activity, time of activity/sport etc, etc. .. I understand that threeiba will be moreDurable but as with the Lantus it will depend a little on what you do or stop doing during the day.We have all dumb days (like me this morning), the important thing is that there is a high percentage of good days ...

hoyos9's profile photo
hoyos9
02/23/2016 1:16 p.m.

@Regina, because adjusting, I am in dance between 11-12 units, which now touches to refine, as it is supposed to have an effect of more than 24 hours, I make the changes every 2 days, so I am taking a little longer to find theguideline that with other insulins, of 20 that the endocrine told me to what I am putting on, look at everything I have had modifying
But better than with the Lantus without a doubt

Gala's profile photo
Gala
02/23/2016 1:22 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

I am luxurious.It covers me perfectly 24h and very happy.

There are people who don't work at all either this insulin, lantus, rapids, etc...... I think they have no patience or understand their body.Who is doing badly everything is curious and vice versa who manages to do well with Lantus is better three and the rapids.

It is my opinion.Much encouragement for everyone.

Greetings.

Josep111's profile photo
Josep111
02/23/2016 1:39 p.m.

HUMALOG a demanda

@Hoyos9 The truth is that I understand that in a 4 -year -old breed it has to be much more difficult to adjust the dose and the perfect time for basal insulin to do its function than in an adult.Little more I can tell you

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
02/23/2016 1:47 p.m.

"Inject it into the area of ​​the arms slows the duration of insulin.

I always put the lantus in my arms, I covered me less (I go out a lot to run).

With Tresiba I don't have that problem, it covers me perfectly in any area but people who say they don't cover them in arms.

;)

Luck.

Josep111's profile photo
Josep111
02/23/2016 2:07 p.m.

HUMALOG a demanda

I am still a little outdated, to see what you think to you ...
To adjust dose I think a rule was used for years that was that the total number of daily insulin units that you get related to the kilos of weight.The rule was that at most you can put between 0.5 and 0.55 units per kilo of weight, that is, if you weigh 50 kilos the total total units must be between 25 units and 27.5 (27 or 28 units).Of those 25 units, 40 or 50% is basal
I don't know if I would be worth the change with threeiba
Does this sound to you?

Repipa's profile photo
Repipa
02/23/2016 3:13 p.m.

Tresiba 14 unidades a las 14:00 horas
Novorapid a demanda,pluma júnior medias unidades
MCG Dexcom G6
43 años diabética 💪

Very complicated with a 4 -year offspring.Not only have to be handled with the basal but with the rapid.Insisting and patience in the end will achieve it there is no other.Much encouragement.You can't say more.

Josep111's profile photo
Josep111
02/23/2016 3:18 p.m.

HUMALOG a demanda

@Regina, I don't get that account, with that account I have plenty of insulin.
I don't know why the Lantus did nothing to me anymore, but in general I have always needed little insulin.

Gala's profile photo
Gala
02/23/2016 3:19 p.m.

To start with Tresiba I have verified that it has worked for several that we have started the following:

Total body weight for 0'2 units and then minimum + - unit to adjust.We are guided by morning blood glucose (when getting up) for the adjustment.

Example: male of 74 kg, for 0'2 units = 15 units (then you have to go up).

Repipa regarding what you say if it is true that there is a Basal and fast total rule in percentage.I would not know if the one you have put is correct but I fit what I am putting on.:)>-

Josep111's profile photo
Josep111
02/23/2016 3:31 p.m.

HUMALOG a demanda

@Josep111, that fits me more but without uploading it

Gala's profile photo
Gala
02/23/2016 4:22 p.m.

I already carried 3 feathers at first I did not last 24h to put it around 8h in the morning and at night I had hyperglycemiae a lot of climb it was as if it ran out of force past 12h, but after a week it seems that it goesTaking strength and it seems that it begins to last 24h, anyway I start with 38 units, more than the lantus and now I have dropped to 36 yet I consider that they are enough, well it happens to me as to Josep111 I have come to bass it is supposed toThey take out a new insulin that will last a couple of days, and with less amount you had better control if not to investigate and improve hehehe

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/23/2016 6:38 p.m.

Well, according to that rule, my daughter gets a lot. Now, 22 of Lantus and 18 fast.
And weighs 60 kg.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/23/2016 10:06 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.