{'en': 'Insulin Tresiba (swallow)', 'es': 'Insulina TRESIBA (Degludec)'} Image

Insulin Tresiba (swallow)

Camalom's profile photo   01/17/2016 5:48 p.m.

@Antonimar, how long are you having with the Tresiba?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/23/2016 10:09 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Hoyos9, surely the bomb will be much better.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/23/2016 10:17 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

@Regina, I believe that what your daughter gets is more or mebos normal, the rare is me, they have always told me.

Gala's profile photo
Gala
02/23/2016 10:19 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

@Gala, putting little dose is perfect.That is that you have a lot of sensitivity to that insulin and you will act much better.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/23/2016 10:22 p.m.

Well, my daughter, weighs 50 kg, and gets 17 slowly about 20 ...Even this has to be different !!!!;);)

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
02/24/2016 10:21 a.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

In the case of my 4 -year -old daughter we have gone worse.Neither endures 24 hours not even 15, and makes important trends at night.The only positive thing is the way to administer with the Flex Touch pen.Otherwise it is not what they publish.

hoyos9's profile photo
hoyos9
02/24/2016 1:32 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Rociollinares must be adolescence.Iago weighs 48 kg and puts 24 of Lantus and quickly depends on the day, but treasures about 24 ... and sometimes it is impossible to control.On Monday he had an allergic crisis and there was no longer where to take it ... @-)

Enma's profile photo
Enma
02/24/2016 1:44 p.m.

Diabética tipo 3
Mamá de Iago (14 años)
Lantus 25 uds
Apidra a demanda
Freestyle libre
@enma

It is that, while they grow they need faster, then not so much.Apart from my daughter, she reduced hydrates at dinner and sometimes does not need quickly.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/24/2016 3:36 p.m.

@Enma, yesterday Maria without ton nor are almost 250 at lunchtime, when it is normally arriving over 100/110.I only find an explanation, he had finished a mate exam and already knew the note, and that less bad was great.In the end I believe that both mental dose, HC, rules of three ..... it is coming great for mates, something positive we will have to get out of all this ...;)

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
02/24/2016 3:37 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

holes9 said:
In the case in partula of my 4 -year -old daughter we have gone worse.Neither endures 24 hours not even 15, and makes important trends at night.The only positive thing is the way to administer with the Flex Touch pen.otherwise it is not what they advertise.

It knows me very bad that it does not work for you.I want to make a brief explanation about this insulin:

First you have to be patient and increase and reduce doses every two days (never before because threeiba can last up to 42h and can overlap doses, etc. ..).Put it every day once at the same time.We will guide ourselves for the ideal dose in morning glycemia (when we get up).

Very important we must use the fast in my case Humalog in the right way so that the basal (Tresiba) works us.We put it before each meal we look at glycemia at 3 hours after eating if I am high is that there was fast and adjustment.If I am well then I look at me at two hours and look like I am if the blood glucose has not varied much we have the correct dose of the basal but we must increase and reduce doses.And so we are adjusting basal and fast....

We must be patient because as the days go by and we have the exact dose of Tresiba it works best for you, it covers 24h better and is flatter.

I am not commercial or Novo Nordisk or anything similar but the well -managed lantus worked and this works better but you have to know how to take the basal and the rapid..... With this insulin you don't have to several doses every day because it will go wrong...... you have to be patient and adjust every two days minimum and put it at the same time (with flexibility) every day.

It works for me and many people from the forum also as happened with Lantus do not despair...... I know it will work for you.

I tell you as an example what happened to me with Lantus and how I solve it:

I put it at 10pm and from 7 pm I climbed I did not cover me 24h.I started reading forums on the subject and thinking how to solve it without getting quickly because I don't like having the obligation to correct every afternoon or play sports....... And in the end in a forum I read a girl who was in London with the same case as I who gave me the idea of ​​putting 3 units at 14:30 am.Well, that was what I saved with the Lantus already worked properly all day and worked only with the fast (Humalog).

I managed:

At 10pm- 18 units and at 2:30 p.m. 3 units and I was working perfectly so far that I am with Tresiba.With this I only tell you because it is an example of perseverance and if the vast majority works to you also work for you.

The Tresiba gets once a day (every day at the same time) and it works for me and it has to work.There are bad days but the vast majority of days are good and that is what matters.With the passage of time you are better and happier.......

I apologize for the sermon that I have written to you but I feel very free with this insulin and I know that if you handle the basal and the rapid correctly it will also work.

All the mood for the 4 -year -old girl and her daddies.If you need me for doubts or anything that can help you tell me.

L-)

Josep111's profile photo
Josep111
02/24/2016 3:48 p.m.

22:45H- TOUJEO 22 und. Peso: 73 kg.
HUMALOG a demanda
OneTouch Verio IQ / OneTouch Verio

@Hoyos9, sometimes changing the schedule, it works. My daughter, the lantus did not do well until it began to put it in the morning.
If he put it at night, they gave him nocturnal hypos and did not last 15 hours.
When passing it in the morning, he was able to increase the dose, without risk of hypos, and so lasts 24 hours.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/24/2016 8:06 p.m.

Thank you very much Josep for your help.
We have been with Tresiba for two months, and at this time we have made different adjustments.
To make a dose change we expect at least a week.But in a 4 -year -old girl the adjustment becomes more difficult, since it would correspond to 2.8 units.Tresiba only has units.
With 2 units it is as if nothing and with 3 has a downward trend in the morning, and the rest of the day is as if it was not slow.
If Tresiba is administered in the morning, during the day, but during the night it does not fall from 300, and arrives very high at night.
In my case it is more than proven that Tresiba is not effective.It does not cover even 24 hours, I would say or 17 hours.And you have to have a lot of surveillance if you get at night.
I would have liked to tell something else, but today is what I have.
thank you so much

Josep111 said:
holes9 said:
In the case in partula of my 4 -year -old daughter we have gone worse.Neither endures 24 hours not even 15, and makes important trends at night.The only positive thing is the way to administer with the Flex Touch pen.otherwise it is not what they advertise.

It knows me very bad that it does not work for you.I want to make a brief explanation about this insulin:

First you have to be patient and increase and reduce doses every two days (never before because threeiba can last up to 42h and can overlap doses, etc. ..).Put it every day once at the same time.We will guide ourselves for the ideal dose in morning glycemia (when we get up).

Very important we must use the fast in my case Humalog in the right way so that the basal (Tresiba) works us.We put it before each meal we look at glycemia at 3 hours after eating if I am high is that there was fast and adjustment.If I am well then I look at me at two hours and look like I am if the blood glucose has not varied much we have the correct dose of the basal but we must increase and reduce doses.And so we are adjusting basal and fast....

We must be patient because as the days go by and we have the exact dose of Tresiba it works best for you, it covers 24h better and is flatter.

I am not commercial or Novo Nordisk or anything similar but the well -managed lantus worked and this works better but you have to know how to take the basal and the rapid..... With this insulin you don't have to several doses every day because it will go wrong...... you have to be patient and adjust every two days minimum and put it at the same time (with flexibility) every day.

It works for me and many people from the forum also as happened with Lantus do not despair...... I know it will work for you.

I tell you as an example what happened to me with Lantus and how I solve it:

I put it at 10pm and from 7 pm I climbed I did not cover me 24h.I started reading forums on the subject and thinking how to solve it without getting quickly because I don't like having the obligation to correct every afternoon or play sports....... And in the end in a forum I read a girl who was in London with the same case as I who gave me the idea of ​​putting 3 units at 14:30 am.Well, that was what I saved with the Lantus already worked properly all day and worked only with the fast (Humalog).

I managed:

At 10pm- 18 units and at 2:30 p.m. 3 units and I was working perfectly so far that I am with Tresiba.With this I only tell you because it is an example of perseverance and if the vast majority works to you also work for you.

The Tresiba gets once a day (every day at the same time) and it works for me and it has to work.There are bad days but the vast majority of days are good and that is what matters.With the passage of time you are better and happier.......I apologize for the sermon that I have written to you but I feel very free with this insulin and I know that if you handle the basal and the rapid correctly it will also work.

All the mood for the 4 -year -old girl and her daddies.If you need me for doubts or anything that can help you tell me.

L-)

hoyos9's profile photo
hoyos9
02/25/2016 10:01 a.m.

As it happened with the Lantus that said it was flat and that it lasted 24h and then in my case it lasted 20 hours, because with the threeiba unfortunately also perhaps passes.I do not understand that it lasts less than 24 if it is supposed to last 42.
In these four weeks that I am using my balance is positive.It lasts 24 hours and nocturnal hypos I don't have, but before with Lantus I didn't have.
I wake up a little high on the days I don't work.Last Saturday I did the test of climbing two units and on Monday to download two.It did not work to continue lifting about 200. Today book and tomorrow too, I will not touch anything, but I know that tomorrow I will get up.How the three -year does not last how to do it.When you do sports you play the basal, someone can guide me and/or propose something.

@gala, how are the settings go?

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
02/25/2016 1:52 p.m.

You get up high but how much you are going to sleep ...?..

I personally vary the basal depending on the type of sport and how many days a week I practice one or another sport but each is a world and has a different activity.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
02/25/2016 2:47 p.m.

@Anaisabel, because I had started to happen like @hoyos9, who put it on me at night and was going down all night and morning and in the afternoon I would go up, I tried to put it at noon and I am still trying butIt seems that it is better: in the afternoon that it is seen when my body tends to climb, it is controlling me and at night not as low as when I put it at night although it does tend to go down but taking something beforeTo go to bed I endure a little more and in the morning it seems that it endures me well that if it continues, it stays, in the end I think it will be 13 units

Gala's profile photo
Gala
02/25/2016 2:57 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

I wake up high the days I don't work.Yesterday I worked today I got up at 126 and I can't tell the more I went to sleep because I didn't mediate me.I am usually about one hundred and little.Today I am not going to work and I am sure that I wake up high tomorrow.I have tried to go to 90 and not eat, less than one hundred and eat, go from 150 ... and always about 200 or sometimes a little more.I want to believe that it is because I move less and I do not know if with this insulin I do well to upload it two days and go down to the third.

Anaisabel
02/25/2016 2:58 p.m.

@Gala I stay with 18 until the body changes my mind;)

Anaisabel
02/25/2016 3:02 p.m.

gala said:
@anaisabel, because I had started to happen like @hoyos9, who put it on me at night and was going down all night and morning and in the afternoon II went up, I have tried to get it at noon and I am still testing but it seems that it is better: in the afternoon that it is seen when my body more tends to climb, it is controlling me and at night not as low as when II put at night although I do tend to go down but drinking something before bed I endure a little more and in the morning it seems that I can hold me well that if it continues, it stays, in the end I think they will be 13 units
anaisabel said:
I wake up the days I don't work.Yesterday I worked today I got up at 126 and I can't tell the more I went to sleep because I didn't mediate me.I am usually about one hundred and little.Today I am not going to work and I am sure that I wake up high tomorrow.I have tried to go to 90 and not eat, less than one hundred and eat, go from 150 ... and always about 200 or sometimes a little more.I want to believe that it is because I move less and I do not know if with this insulin I do well to upload it two days and go down to the third.

It covers me well at 24h.You have to adjust every two days and to the third make the decision to raise or lower doses.This insulin being able to be in the body up to 42h to make changes before the third day the only thing you get is not clarify.

The only thing I have noticed that it goes down before eating and if I have diminished the rapid at lunch I have arrived a little high.Today is the third day and I'm going to download a unit.I put it at 10pm Tresiba.

It's curious because before starting with Lantus I tried Novo Nordisk and I also got off before meals, that's why I went to Lantus.I also put it at 10pm....... All have something the lantus gave me nocturnal hypoglycemia.

Courage everyone.Surely we can solve the details that we lack to find the dose.

/:)

Josep111's profile photo
Josep111
02/25/2016 9:27 p.m.

22:45H- TOUJEO 22 und. Peso: 73 kg.
HUMALOG a demanda
OneTouch Verio IQ / OneTouch Verio

@Hoyos9, with such small amounts it is difficult to succeed, because the sensitivity to insulin is a lot.Maybe it was okay by putting two doses of Lantus or Levemir.
Another possibility is the bomb, which could be better.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/25/2016 10:54 p.m.

regina said:
@hole, with such small amounts it is difficult to succeed, because insulin sensitivity is much.Maybe it was okay by putting two doses of Lantus or Levemir.
Another possibility is the bomb, which could be better.
Of course, another point is that we have measured what comes out of the pen with the purged needle and 3.5 UI comes out and without purging are 3 IU.The adjustment must be very fine is true, but that is a problem that I must solve and that does not worry me so much as that this insulin has no effect for 24 hours.And I have this already proven in the entire period that we have been using that it is already representative, we have modified dose, schedule, but today threeiba does not work 24 hours.I also have to say that rapid insulin of Novo does not work the same as the approach that is of ultrarapid action, its handling becomes difficult that of Novo.
thank you so much

hoyos9's profile photo
hoyos9
02/26/2016 10:08 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.