{'en': 'Nightscout and XDRIP [Initiation Guide]', 'es': 'Nightscout y xDrip [Guía de iniciación]'} Image

Nightscout and XDRIP [Initiation Guide]

Artorias's profile photo   03/21/2016 3:12 a.m.

Good morning,

First of all, thank you very much for all the information you are providing.

I have Dexcom G4 Platinum and I have many doubts about what is being put in this post and it would help me a lot to solve them.

1. There is talk of a home receptor, where can I buy or get the assembly scheme to make me one? Or on the contrary, where can I buy it?

2. If I connect a mobile with data to my Dexcom with the OPC cable, do I only have to install the Nightscout or XDRIP application and through the cloud that I have to "do" on the Nightscout website could already see the glucose data?

3. Is there a manual that specifies in Spanish how to install Nightscout?

4. What is the exact direction of Nightscout Spain Facebook? If I put it on Google I get one in English.

5. What is a Pebble and where and which one to buy? What requirements are necessary for me to work with my dexcom?

Forgive for all these questions, I have been looking for in the forum but I have not managed to find the answer to all these issues.

Thanks to everyone.

algela's profile photo
algela
05/04/2017 10:31 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Afterego / @AlGage for Nightcout support, maybe it is better than you can enter the Nightcout Spain Facebook group.There they are going to help you and there is documentation in Spanish in the group files.

In any case, all documentation is on this website:
Link

And specifically the part to set up an XDrip here:
Link

You can also buy it already done here:
Link

All information regarding watches is TB here:
Link
Link

All Pebble watches are compatible (as far as I know).There are others that are also worth.You have to read a lot and study which interests each one.

The Facebook group is "Nightcout Spain", has no loss.You look for it on Facebook and leave.

Greetings,

albertot's profile photo
albertot
05/04/2017 3:16 p.m.

Albertot said:
@Afterego / @algela for Nightcout support, maybe it is better than you enter the Nightcout Spain Facebook group.There they are going to help you and there is documentation in Spanish in the group files.

In any case, all documentation is on this website:
Link

And specifically the part to set up an XDrip here:
Link

You can also buy it already done here:
Link

All information regarding watches is TB here:
Link
Link

All Pebble watches are compatible (as far as I know).There are others that are also worth.You have to read a lot and study which interests each one.

The Facebook group is "Nightcout Spain", has no loss.You look for it on Facebook and leave.

Greetings,

Thank you very much for your answer

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/04/2017 10:54 p.m.

Thanks a lot.

Another question, how do I get my Dexcom G4 Platinum recognized by the MOVI?

I have it configured as it comes out in the tutorial, but when connecting the mobile to the Dexcom through the OTG cable nothing happens, that is, neither the mobile nor the Dexcom recognizes anything.

Thank you for your help, to see if I get it.

algela's profile photo
algela
05/05/2017 5:13 p.m.

Hello, good afternoon, this June at a year that I have been in the Dexcom G4 and I am waiting for the transmitter to give me the corresponding sign that it is dying.Once I have the new transmitter to match it again with the XDRIP of Steve, I go to the corresponding page they indicate, I introduce the five digits of the code and I download the firmware, there is even clear, but after I have to do?
I suppose to place the USB to the XDrip and replace the same file for the generated?
I ask why I do not want to find myself when the current transmitter ends that I don't know what I have to do and find myself lying, in case any of you who has already done so that the steps can be confirmed, thank you very much.

Jaume's profile photo
Jaume
05/22/2017 4 p.m.

Diagnosticado, enero 2000
Libre, abril del 2020
Bomba Accu-Chek Insight, julio 2017
con Aps desde octubre del 2019
HbA1c: 7 %

Why are the current XDRIPs the same in size and benefits, right?

Jaume's profile photo
Jaume
05/22/2017 4:02 p.m.

Libre, abril del 2020

Hi Jaume
Did not ask you for a number, that of the transmitter, when you asked for the XDrip?
I think he sends it scheduled and that you do not have to program it.
Last year he sent it to me and I didn't have to do anything.I have asked for a new one and TB asked me for the transmitter number and I understand that I should not do anything but to tighten it.
Greetings

Antonmartin's profile photo
Antonmartin
05/22/2017 9:12 p.m.

antonmartin said:
Hi Jaume
Did not ask you for a number, that of the transmitter, when you asked for the XDrip?
I think he sends it scheduled and that you do not have to program it.
Last year he sent it to me and I didn't have to do anything.I have asked for a new one and TB asked me for the transmitter number and I understand that I should not do anything but to tighten it.
Greetings

If @"antonmartin" but the xDrip I already have it a year ago and he put the code that I gave him, but when the new transmitter arrives the code will not be the same.

Jaume's profile photo
Jaume
05/22/2017 9:19 p.m.

Libre, abril del 2020

Hi @jaume, as we have already mentioned before there is a new firmware version (and more powerful) for the Wixel, in which the transmitter ID does not go in the Wixel firmware, but gets into the XDrip+app.The protocol is more advanced and there is a small exchange of prior information between the XDRip+ app and the Wixel, to filter the packages of your transmitter only.

Summarizing.I would install the new firmware version in the Wixel and it is already forever.It is not necessary to change the firmware when you change and transmitter.Just change the transmitter number in the XDrip+app.In addition, the new firmware sends more information (the RAW Data and the Filtered), allowing you to be able to see in Nightcout the raw data that sometimes are useful.

Here you can download the most firmware advanced version for the Wixel:
Link

albertot's profile photo
albertot
05/23/2017 9:53 a.m.

I apologize @albertot my ignorance, to a what I know that you have talked about the subject as I do not know the terminology you use (firmware, wixel, raw data, etc.) I do not have a potato in English so I ask and how I do not know where and that I have toengrave.I try to translate the PDF that comes out on the page that you tell me and I hope it can do it, more than anything I would not like to find myself, once you have it you cannot do without.
Whenever I look at the clock they tell me not to worry so much about the time, but I never look at the time!If not blood glucose, hahaha.
Thanks anyway.

Jaume's profile photo
Jaume
05/23/2017 5:58 p.m.

Libre, abril del 2020

@Jaume: summarizing, it is better to install "xbridge2.wxl" that you can find at Link
For your xDrip.So you will not have to install it every time you change your transmitter.

albertot's profile photo
albertot
05/23/2017 11:54 p.m.

I return to the thread.
Hello, I want to consult them since a few days ago that my son has the G5 and as no cell phone is from the list we install the XDrip+ with Nigthscout to see the measurements on my cell phone.But it happens that from day there is little difference with the capillary and at night the alarm dance begins, such as marking 75 and in capillary 160 and the dexcom receiver loses signal with signs of questions, I go and check if the sensor is crushed and perfect,This happens only at night .... all night playing alarms ...
It happens to you?What can it be?And the XDrip or the Dexcom which is more precise?I am thinking of buying iPhone and ending this, they are charis but I want to rest and not so much the difference !!!!!

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
10/31/2017 2:51 a.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

Good morning.I have bought all the components for a long time to set up an XDrip, but the times I have put myself unable to weld more, three cables so I have left it as impossible.Do you know somewhere in Madrid that can be directed to make the Apaño?In a couple of electronics stores in which I have asked they tell me that they are not dedicated to that ...
Thanks and greetings

Antonio200's profile photo
Antonio200
02/07/2018 10:39 a.m.

Hi @Antonio200

I don't know any store that they do.What I can tell you is that this boy sold them, in the absence of welding some points with tin, very very easy to do.I don't know if I will keep selling them.

Link

All the best

albertot's profile photo
albertot
02/12/2018 9:35 a.m.

Thanks Albertgot, I know the page, but since I bought the components my idea was to take advantage of them.
Thanks again
All the best

Antonio200
02/12/2018 9:43 a.m.

Hello again.Well, I already have the XDrip running.It is the best I have seen from the pizza at home :-)
Now I want to pass the data to a smartwatch.For those who use a pebble, does data collection work when the mobile is not close?What they call "Watch Collector", I think: If the mobile is not available, the clock is connected directly to the XDrip and shows the readings and stores them until the mobile is close again.
Thank you all

Antonio200
03/09/2018 5:56 p.m.

Good morning.Doubt resolved, Peble does not work as a collector.I have a Sony Smartwatch 3 that goes perfect.
Please, do you have the versions prior to the 2.47 of the Xbridge2.wxl file?I look for 2.43 and 2.46.If someone has them, I would thank you for sharing with me, I am testing the different versions and I have found 2.33, but these two are no form.
Thank you all and greetings

Antonio200
04/23/2018 9:51 a.m.

Good morning,
We have just received the myomiao transmitter for my 8 -year -old son 'Dani' and once configured xDrip+, I am immersed in the assembly of Nightscout to be able to upload the data to the cloud and see them online with Nightwatch, following the steps published in: HTTPS://docs.google.com/document/d/1f0vlpqz9wift3qaqq_gjillovderdob_0zawfrc1foy/edit but arriving at the point of creating a resource in Heroku (because Azure is paid) it seems that they have changed their policies and now if your app contains add-onWhat to pay although the ADD-OS are free and as the CGM-Remote-Monitor carries with it the Add-Ons Mlab Mongodb and Papertrail asks you to verify the account requesting that you include a credit card, reviewing the Heroku policy, it is indicated that it is indicated thatIn the following cases Credit Card is required:

What is verification required?
You must verify your account if you, or collaborators of your app, Want To:

Use More than One Dyno in the app.
Add Any Add-on the App, Even If the Add-on is free.The Only Exceptions to this are the free plans for the heroku postgres and heroku connect add-ons, which can be used without verification.
Add a Custom Domain to the app.
I pray the transfer of an app that has paid resougces.
Exceed Default One-Off Dyno Limits On The App.
Have more than 5 apps at a time.Verified accounts may have up to 100 apps.

The issue is if any of you has happened to you and that alternative can you give me, since now it seems that both Heroku and Azure is paid, although it is true that there is one seems to have a trichiñuela to turn your Azure account intolow cost or free but it doesn't seem to be trivial
While I wait for your comments, I will create an Azure account that gives you 30 days for free, but I need to configure Nightscout to be able to see my son's glycemia with Nightwatch mainly when he is at school.

Thank you so much

Dani_AS's profile photo
Dani_AS
09/07/2018 8:29 a.m.

But how much do they charge ..?I understood that between € 0.5 and € 1 uro per month.Taking into account that it is a super useful service for people with children with diabetes and that the website, cloud, internet and servers need maintenance to work correctly, it does not seem so expensive.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
09/07/2018 1:51 p.m.

Hello, although I have not read the whole thread because my knowledge in computer and electronic are void, I wantedInternet and thus be able to see it from the mobile.

I have a 3 -year -old boy and if I could put this clock it would not have to be by his side with the mobile ... that if I have not understood badI would not win anything in my case.

Pepeluis77's profile photo
Pepeluis77
09/07/2018 2:39 p.m.

Hijo 3 años DM1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.