{'en': 'How much is it normal to raise sugar when eating?', 'es': 'Cuanto es normal que suba el azúcar al comer??'} Image

How much is it normal to raise sugar when eating?

Leticia21's profile photo   07/31/2016 12:50 p.m.

anaisabel said:
having peak after ingesting food is the most normal.What do you see weird?At two hours it is when it must have come down.
I have never eaten canned pineapple, but if you shoot you, you need more insulin.You get more and ready.

Pineapple in can? A gift to Doña Diabetes!No juices or can or natural, the cookie rises a lot, breakfast has to be totally protein, I take loin or tuna or fresh cheese or piquillo peppers, it does not happen in that case of 2'0-30 points, if youI put a toast of dried bread, it rises at least double.
Be careful with insulin.
I just suspended the metformin due to a skin problem, red ranches on the legs and itching, at two weeks of rest of the drug, they have gone, but the sugar level has risen from an average of 150 to 200 Proque nowThe liver is no longer "plugged" by metformin (on which there is suspicion that it increases the risk of infarcts although others say that "lengthens life", there is a lot of manipulation of the pharmaceutical industry so that we are followers of their advice that does notThey look for our health but for their benefits)

Juan Luis Manzano Andrés's profile photo
Juan Luis Manzano Andrés
03/03/2019 11:20 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Breakfast peppers ?????

The medication should not be left.The consequences can be serious.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
03/03/2019 2:34 p.m.

Beware of insulin???
It is the most natural treatment and the one that saves our lives.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/04/2019 12:41 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

anaisabel said:
peppers for breakfast ?????

Each case is a world, it may be that medication is producing hepatic damage manifesting with skin problems, in which case it is best to suspend it and continue controlling glucose by exercise and diet with more demands.
I got some spots on the skin of the roseaceous legs with itching and urticaria in belly and sides, in the allergology service they did not know what it was, they believed that the result of the diabetes, I suspended the two daily metoppers and the spots left, to the spots, to thePrinciple rose the level of sugar in "tide" but the levels are now very close to when he took the metformin but without it.It also caused me a deficit of B12 that is another of its typical effects.

Juan Luis Manzano Andrés
03/11/2019 12:43 a.m.

Juan Luis Manzano Andrés said:
anaisabel said:
peppers for breakfast ?????

Each case is a world, it may be that medication is producing hepatic damage manifesting with skin problems, in which case it is best to suspend it and continue controlling glucose by exercise and diet with more demands.
I got some spots on the skin of the roseaceous legs with itching and urticaria in belly and sides, in the allergology service they did not know what it was, they believed that the result of the diabetes, I suspended the two daily metoppers and the spots left, to the spots, to thePrinciple rose the level of sugar in "tide" but the levels are now very close to when he took the metformin but without it.It also caused me a deficit of B12 that is another of its typical effects.

Piquillo peppers for breakfast!
You can add tuna
What you should not take as a rule is bread or orange juice, or cookies that doctors tell you, what madness they do not measure the climb that causes a simple cookie.

Juan Luis Manzano Andrés
03/11/2019 12:44 a.m.

Type2 diabetes is not insulin -dependent.
The type1, yes.
It would be better to separate the issues

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/11/2019 1:41 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

In type 2 if there are more restrictions by not having fast insulin and depending on metformin, in type 1 you look at the label, you have hydrates, you quickly and eat anything.

FERLE's profile photo
FERLE
03/11/2019 12:47 p.m.

DT1
MINIMED 640G
FREESTYLE LIBRE

My sweet friends: sweets because of the sugar we carry in my blood, I read the comments they made about the question of how much glycemia goes up after the meals please make an approximate of what can rise;But they do not serve that each person is different age, weight, height and I don't know if European and Latin American can vary thanks.Alfredo from Venezuela.

HERRERA 's profile photo
HERRERA
06/30/2019 5:26 p.m.

I didn't seem to me that anyone has said it, so ..

There is a technique (in fact there is a book that is titled the same), called "Sugar Surfing", you basically inject the insulin and you wait for the continuous meter to mark that starts to go down and then you eat.There are some things to take into account as the level of glucose, for example I with 90 I do not wait to eat, instead with 120 I wait for myself about 10 minutes.Also take into account the absorption time, if it is rice and I am with 120 mg/dl as a little and shed because it is very slow absorption (in fact it makes me peaks at 3 hours).Now if you have 200, you are waiting for you to mark 170 and go down, even enter nothing.

I hope it is useful :)

Jose3332's profile photo
Jose3332
10/21/2019 5:30 p.m.

TIPO I
Con Apidra y Toujeo.
HBA1c 6%

@Jose3332

If I call that "fine adjustment."I practice it in food but conversely.When about 4 portions (in my case be) and there is enough protein and fat (something common in meals that I do), I put 2 or insulin and then after eating at 15 to 30 m the other 2 u when I see that it startsTo raise the glucose according to the meter.Thus avoided dances especially because after coming from the gym.But it is 2 punctures!And the sensor has delay.

Sometimes I consider if it is worth so much precision.I don't know the truth.As I have been doing a little time for now.

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
10/21/2019 8:54 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

jldiazdel said:
@jose332

If I call that "fine adjustment."I practice it in food but conversely.When about 4 portions (in my case be) and there is enough protein and fat (something common in meals that I do), I put 2 or insulin and then after eating at 15 to 30 m the other 2 u when I see that it startsTo raise the glucose according to the meter.Thus avoided dances especially because after coming from the gym.But it is 2 punctures!And the sensor has delay.

Sometimes I consider if it is worth so much precision.I don't know the truth.As I have been doing a little time for now.

GREETING

Now that you mention it, I after playing sports, as a little and after five minutes I punctuate only the complete bolus, it works quite well.And that of clicking twice Ufff leaves me "without energies" makes me in a bad mood ... I don't know how to say it, it is to strive too much, and in the end it leads you to what is known as "burnout" diabetes in English.

PS: Go testing several things and stay with what works best for you.And do you use a continuous meter?They are very useful to see what happens (they are financed in the Spanish health system)

Edit: The only time I click twice is when as a pizza, and that time a year or never .. too difficult to control, for me it is not worth it

Jose3332's profile photo
Jose3332
10/21/2019 9:06 p.m.

TIPO I
Con Apidra y Toujeo.
HBA1c 6%

mamarvazq said:
an extract of "how to overcome diabetes through food":

The glycemic index (IG) of a food informs us about the quality of its carbohydrates, fast or slow.
He tells us how quickly the sugar passes with the diet to the blood.Now, the effects of a food on the body depend at the same time on its IG and the amount you have taken.
The glycemic load (CG) takes into account these two parameters.It is obtained by multiplying the IG of a food by the amount of carbohydrates of a portion of said food, and then dividing by 100.
The CG of a portion is low when it is less than 10, moderate between 11 and 19 and elevated when it exceeds 20.
Example:
A plate of potato puree, that is, 150 g of puree, contains 22.5 g of carbohydrates
Ig of Purés: 90
CG = 20.2
A plate of potato puree has a high CG, which means that it will cause a glycemia peak.

Normally breakfast bread with olive oil, and, as you can imagine, peaks are frequent.

I tell you my 3 -day experience with normal fasting glycemia:

- Day 12: 2.3 Rations of Bread Based.At 2h my glycemia = 206 mg/dl.
- Day 13: Excluded from the study by having fasting hypoglycemia
- Day 14: 1 HC of milk (a glass) and the rest of bread.At 2h I'm at 80 mg/dl
- Day 15: 0.5 HC of milk (1/2 glass) and the rest of bread.At 2h I have 135 mg/dl

Removing that peak can be dangerous because a drop is facilitated.In fact, on the 14th and 15th I had to take some extra ration, but that can vary in each person.

Although the measurement times are not exactly 2 hours after breakfast, the graph shows well that when the glucemic load is diminished the hyperglycemia peak disappears.

magl's profile photo
magl
01/16/2020 11:26 a.m.

When I see those graphics the ideal level 80/120 my moral ends on the ground, I've been trying everything that I think can benefit me from good control, but we go the ideal level can be had if you don't eat because that ratioWith a 5/6 -portion meal if someone gets it to explain it to me

Mari Gonzalez's profile photo
Mari Gonzalez
08/10/2020 5:04 p.m.

It is not normal to climb to 200 after the intake.If you have those spikes at breakfast, it is because you have to make more waiting time or have more insulin resistance at that time of the day.To get an idea, in the snack I have to wait 30-45 minutes to be able to take a glass of milk.A 180 picazo is already too much and you have to look if it is continuous or to take some specific food

macarron_con_diabetes's profile photo
macarron_con_diabetes
08/12/2020 7:42 p.m.

DM1 desde Julio 1992 (con 11 años).
Bomba Medtronic 780G con Novorapid.
HbA1c: 5,9% (Octubre 2022), TIR 91%

Leticia, what you need is to have good control, for this you must go to an endrocrinologist who works hand in hand with the nutritionist and make you a personalized diet.Each patient is different.Something that has left me surprised is that you eat can, that's very high in sugars.
A diabetic patient cannot live without medical control, literally speaking.

MARIZUJIMENEZH's profile photo
MARIZUJIMENEZH
08/14/2020 5:55 a.m.

Juaka72 said:
leticia21 said:
in the dsayuno and in lunch after eating the freestyle marks me some peaks of 200 but at 2h I arrived well... even or just even many times.What should I do?Change the dose of the basal or bowling?

Always breakfast a glass of milk with 3 Maria cookies and a little turkey and white cheese ... With respect to lunch it is more varied ...

I don't like to see those peaks and I don't know when it will be in normal.

Another issue ... Pineapple cans in your juice get sugar a lot?I shoot me !!

Thank you!

Leticia21, I also apply Tresiba at noon.As a routine always before breakfast I apply 3 or novorapid and practically every day before lunch I am in correct values.Additionally also hypoglycemic.My breakfast is 2 toast of sugarless bread with white cheese and coffee or yogurt with fruit and cereals.I hope it helps you

Sergio Czerwacki's profile photo
Sergio Czerwacki
09/28/2020 3:34 a.m.

Integral loaves are usually 30% and some with added sugars, in the bakery of the Lidl and sometimes in the Mercadona, they have 100%

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
10/06/2020 12:09 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

@Leticia21.yessica
I have 1 or Lada, with 100 glucose I am shaking.For me, being well is 180. Breakfast a coffee with skim milk, 4 toast weigh 50gr and light cheese of Philadelphia.It depends as dawn, I put a kwipenjunior humor (to be able to use the media) 5.5 or 6 units, it rises to 200, 220 or 250 sometimes, but I did not correct because then the downturn comes and it is worse, so I get well to the food.They should put the units to media, use threeiba and if I put 8, hypos and 7 hyper alternate 7 one day, 8 next day.
The calibration mentioned in another forum I always do when I am in a normal reading, for me 130
The cookies I am until I do not know about them, and it is a slow fat. They see you with a sugar downturn, and they give you bread chocolate cookies, it is not so, to have a liquid water with sugar, a juice and when I am super low coca-Line.I carry a bag with me my kit coca-cola sugar and glucagon sugar and a paper is diabetic 1.
8 months ago I do not go to Mercadona, my daughter goes, I turned around and I was with a bass, the girls already know me.
What I have stories of everything lived;););

paula8890's profile photo
paula8890
11/22/2020 5:02 p.m.

Hi Paula, 180 is not a normal glucose, being in continuous hyperglycemia is very harmful, it would be good to try to lower that figure and if you see that you cannot, go to the endocrinology consultation and comment so that they advise you how to do it.Hypoglycemia notes with 130 because your body has become accustomed to being high, but it is not normal.
All the best

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
11/23/2020 4:21 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

@paula8890 what @maritxu22 tells you is true.You should try to lower those glucose and stay around 100. So you don't notice hypoglycemia symptoms you will have to do it little by little and let the body get used to being in normal glucose.The ideal is to be between 70-120 most of the time but endocrine normally handle optimal ranges of 70-170 or 180 for the climb after eating.The closer to normal you are better to find yourself and less risk of long -term complications.
Talk to your endocrine and teach you to adjust the insulin doses depending on what you eat and the previous glucose.Little by little sure that you can improve those values ​​and avoid serious hypoglycemia.
To trace hypoglycemia, the best are pure glucose pills, they upload quickly and calculate better so they don't have bounce hyperglycemia.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
11/23/2020 5:18 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.