{'en': 'How much is it normal to raise sugar when eating?', 'es': 'Cuanto es normal que suba el azúcar al comer??'} Image

How much is it normal to raise sugar when eating?

Leticia21's profile photo   07/31/2016 12:50 p.m.

A dilemma and headache but well can be solved.As Ana Isabel says, you must calculate when the food bolus will arrive at the stomach and insulin.Where it will be broken into much smaller particles to feed all our cells.Basic duties for a diabetic Know the curve and effect of their insulins, know your diet and if you pass rations in a meal the increase of extra units of pure insulin.Select the Injection Zone Study Observe.After breakfast, as well, the insulin to take effect takes a long time, it applied heat and a slight massage in the puncture zone and especially I start up as soon as possible exercise.Now my new profession as a good health studying there is a block what biology is or what to say that in the animal kingdom the pharma cología there is trap and sabotage but neither as well resembles that of the human being where the benefit of the benefit of the expense of themedication, and the dependence of him and him.That provide us with something to treat our disease.That we click Human insulin, place the pen on their upper and lower lip they will notice the cold of human insulin that was preserved in refrigerator. The feathers that are currently using them ever put them back in the refrigerator since they will break the hormone.I have a lot of laws 16 you do the same with your illness against more rules I put less stamps.A hug

2piuviato1frts's profile photo
2piuviato1frts
12/25/2020 5:18 a.m.

K5288pn25.

Piuviato, how old are you but indiscretion?

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
12/25/2020 12:37 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

I usually do more shortly after eating legumes, because me.twnfo than.

almuvaldes22's profile photo
almuvaldes22
02/20/2021 3:25 p.m.

Sugarsugar

leticia21 said:
I put the threeiba at 14.30 ... so that at breakfast I would have to have yet ... and as they also say that it lasts more than 24h ... although notI know ... because at first I put it on me at 11 at night and my endocrine told me to spend it in the morning being one night if I click and dawn with 300

Why told you the endocrine that you will put on the three -year at two in the afternoon?I put it at night, what advantages gave you put it at that time?

meginer's profile photo
meginer
02/21/2021 11:06 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Michel said:
That peak that gives you when you have breakfast is normal, the ideal is that after 2 hours as several comment you make a check which should result in a stable level, we recommend youRead an interesting article what you can eat: Link

How much is normal in type 2 diabetes when they spend two hours after eating?Yesterday I had lunch, and 2 hours later was 143. Is it very high?Is it normal?

matrix's profile photo
matrix
02/21/2021 6:34 p.m.

Desde México. DB2. Metformina c/ 12hrs. No insulina. HCG22/02/21: 9.0. HCG 18/04/21: 7.4

@matrix

Well, it is not a very very high value but it is not desirable for someone who does not have type 1 diabetes.

It is clear that you have to go to an endocrine!The sooner the better

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
02/21/2021 7:14 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

jldiazdel said:
@matrix

Well, it is not a very very high value but it is not desirable for someone who does not have type 1 diabetes.

It is clear that you have to go to an endocrine!The sooner the better

GREETING

I already went with a doctor because I was 143 to 150 after eating, although there are times until 189. The fact is that the glucosilada came out very high (9) and they already officially diagnosed me diabetic.It is worth mentioning that on an empty stomach was driving 140 to 150 ... although the last days, 160 to 166.

I am already with oral medications + exercise + food adjustment (I do not like to say diet) because it really is a change that must last a lifetime (not soft drinks, no juices, not sugar, much vegetables, vegetables, food rich in fiber, carbohydrates few carbohydratesand high quality, not fried foods, not fat, lower the consumption of red meat, etc.).

Already fasting in 126 and I have only been "treatment" for a couple of months.I am taking great care to live many years and with quality of life, if God allows me.

greetings.

matrix's profile photo
matrix
03/01/2021 9:46 a.m.

Desde México. DB2. Metformina c/ 12hrs. No insulina. HCG22/02/21: 9.0. HCG 18/04/21: 7.4

ruthbia said:
@leticia21 What uploads your peak is roasted bread;Although it is integral, it rises a lot.I no longer have those peaks since I changed to a low glycemic index but it is not very good to taste or in the palate, it is a bit gummy.

Another option is to take only the milk and at two hours the bread, I personally do better anything that I eat after 10:00 more or less.Before it is a safe peak and lasts 3 hours according to the free;The rest of food without peaks, eat what it eats.

Have you tried the protein bread? Does it have very few HC and is very rich.

Jenni_Mel's profile photo
Jenni_Mel
05/10/2021 7:39 a.m.

I also believe that this forum should differentiate between diabetes 1 and 2, they are different and you are going to line more than one

javiertierno's profile photo
javiertierno
08/02/2021 12:53 p.m.

@Jenni_mel I am testing with protein bread and I get the same.
I put myself at a regime and have put it in the diet.
I need less insulin, but it makes me peak if I don't get the dose time and peak before breakfast.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/06/2021 9:06 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

In the morning there is a very large difference with respect to the rest of the day.

I put the slow insulin at noon, and in the morning our body has more insulin resistance, so in my case, instead of putting 1 unit per carbohydrate, in the morning I have to put 2 units byhydrate.And of course, insulin about 10 minutes before eating.

I also have to put myself when I get up 1 or 2 of insulin (it depends on how much I get up) because the sugar is gradually raising me even if absolutely nothing.

There are many factors and everyone has to get to know each other (and still there are still changes!) For example I also have to take into account if after Insulina I will walk, I will be sitting ... etc.

Teresun's profile photo
Teresun
08/06/2021 9:25 a.m.

I really don't want to go to endocrine, we call you here.
Well, I know that I will fall with all the claims of lack of diet, exercise and control.
Anyway with the gym flata este aaño 8 months !!It has been an lack of control.I was seeing my control and the average glucose is 150. And I have not had low of 80. I always reach 240 ... I regulate me after meals, not prior to eating.That should be the error, right?One of them ..

Patri_msa 's profile photo
Patri_msa
08/12/2021 6:14 a.m.

Diabetica T1 debut 2017. Tratamiento desde enero 2018.
Basal Nph y ajustes Novorapid.

But why don't you want to go?Maybe you need to explain to you and fill you a control as God commands.The exercise is very necessary but also the diet you do not take.I have been doing anything about any sport for a long time and with the diet I regulated me a lot, the same in confinement.Then then if I had an lack of control and how I like sport because I go out to walk, now hiking on the mountain ...

Nila's profile photo
Nila
08/12/2021 11:53 a.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

I recently
My endocrine said that my diabetes was to seem that I am fine, that nothing happens to take control until I spent, passing me, I end in dialysis.And hey, this things are never told bad….I don't like listening to them but it's the reality

Nila's profile photo
Nila
08/12/2021 11:54 a.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

@"Patri_ms", with that insulin NPH control is difficult, it is not a flat insulin.
Now there are much more stable, such as Toujeo or Tresiba, along with the fast before meals.
They also release you from rigid meal schedules.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/13/2021 2:17 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Forgive.I am very green on the subject.I have just diagnosed type 2 diabetes.
After 7 days they told me to take half a pill in the morning and a half to the Metformin dinner 850 I am now with one complete in the morning and another at night
I just started with the odyssey of glucose shots.
When I lift the logical with type 2 diabetes between 140 and 170.
But now what I don't understand comes
1st I measure just before eating)
2º The levels after two hours of eating vary from an acceptable 117 to 166. (It seems that sometimes I am diabetic and sometimes not

I am not taking more than 20 grams of whole wheat bread in each meal, without rice, without pasta or potatoes.

Any charitable soul that clarifies this a bit?

PabloZgz's profile photo
PabloZgz
08/20/2021 9:12 p.m.

Agosto peso 95,3 IMC 34,8 HbAc1 6,5

@Pablozgz

Hello, you raise many issues that you should comment with your doctor.But if it helps you

You have to get up as close to 100 (not between 140-170 !!).And you also have to go to bed as close to 100. in general the closer to 100 better

Before eating 160 it is something high!

You don't have to measure yourself 15 minutes after eating but two or three hours after eating

Ask to do an HBA1C test.

All the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
08/20/2021 9:30 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

@jldiazdel

Thanks for the answer.I have waiting list for the endocrine, there is only one in Melilla for my mutual and is on vacation.I am preparing a quadrant with the shots to see what he tells me.The only HBA1C that I have is of an analysis of 2018 that I said 6.3 (because of my age at that time it was 6.1 seem to remember) and my family doctor did not leave the balls to send me to the endocrine.The other day with the results that I had seen the family (because I have the liver markers shot) and after having it fat with him he sent me to the internal medicine that as soon as he saw the results told me that what the liver is fucking meThey are produced by diabetes and that those sugar peaks end up as a visceral fat and shoot all the markers (we talk about triglycerides to 528)

The thing started because it was alcoholic, cocainomaniac and smoker.By leaving all the liver markers that had only a little high, but in each analytics they came out more and more and according to their criteria it is because I kept drinking and with that I solved everything (that's why I send it to shit) and that's why Ireferred to internal medicine.I have not drink 4 years without cocaine and 3 without smoking (that was already to make a complete).

That is why although it could be detected in 2018 I learned a week ago and I have not been able to visit the endocrine

PabloZgz's profile photo
PabloZgz
08/20/2021 10:01 p.m.

Agosto peso 95,3 IMC 34,8 HbAc1 6,5

Pablozgz said:
forgive.I am very green on the subject.I have just diagnosed type 2 diabetes.
After 7 days they told me to take half a pill in the morning and a half to the Metformin dinner 850 I am now with one complete in the morning and another at night
I just started with the odyssey of glucose shots.
When I lift the logical with type 2 diabetes between 140 and 170.
But now what I don't understand comes
1st I measure just before eating)
2º The levels after two hours of eating vary from an acceptable 117 to 166. (It seems that sometimes I am diabetic and sometimes not

I am not taking more than 20 grams of whole wheat bread in each meal, without rice, without pasta or potatoes.

Any charitable soul that clarifies this a bit?

Hello Pablo.
The first congratulations for everything you have left because it is not an easy thing.Now to control diabetes!
How they have told you to measure 15 minutes after eating.The explanation that sometimes gives you lower than before is that maybe you are going down only from the morning peak and noon food has not yet begun to take effect.You will see the effect, as Jldiazdel says between 1 and 3 hours later (the more fat the food takes later will be the beak)
Regarding your results I tell you my opinion.I'm not a doctor, only diabetic ... (Type 2)
When you get up you are high.My endo says that I must get up between 70 and 120, above it is high.
He says that the rest of the day we must move between 70 and 180. Meals, according to Sean, some go up more than others, but theirs is not going from 180.
I don't know if you have given you any information about meals.It is not just bread, pasta, rice and potatoes, many things upload us.And on top of all the same.It is a matter of trying what you are doing well and what is going wrong.And beware of the amounts that also greatly influence.
Regarding the pasta, rice and potatoes, if you eat them, make them one day, leave them 24 hours in the frigo and eat them the next day.They climb much less because starch (which is what is transformed into glucose) when cooling becomes resistant starch, which is not digested, therefore does not rise.
And the rice, if you do it, wash it much earlier to lose starch. And the pasta make it to the dente.At least cooked less up.
It controls how they tell you when you get up and 2/3 hours after meals while the endocrine attends you.
If you see that with metformin you can't get up in range, eat it in case you have to change the treatment.
And in what can help you, nothing but ask.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
08/20/2021 11 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Pablozgz said:
@jldiazdel

Thanks for the answer.I have waiting list for the endocrine, there is only one in Melilla for my mutual and is on vacation.I am preparing a quadrant with the shots to see what he tells me.The only HBA1C that I have is of an analysis of 2018 that I said 6.3 (because of my age at that time it was 6.1 seem to remember) and my family doctor did not leave the balls to send me to the endocrine.The other day with the results that I had seen the family (because I have the liver markers shot) and after having it fat with him he sent me to the internal medicine that as soon as he saw the results told me that what the liver is fucking meThey are produced by diabetes and that those sugar peaks end up as a visceral fat and shoot all the markers (we talk about triglycerides to 528)

The thing started because it was alcoholic, cocainomaniac and smoker.By leaving all the liver markers that had only a little high, but in each analytics they came out more and more and according to their criteria it is because I kept drinking and with that I solved everything (that's why I send it to shit) and that's why Ireferred to internal medicine.I have not drink 4 years without cocaine and 3 without smoking (that was already to make a complete).

That is the reason why although it could be detected in 2018 I learned a week ago and I have not been able to visit the endocrine

Pablo.Good that you left the vices.Now to put the batteries to control the problems.First: Diabetes 2 If it is not controlled, it can be a real problem, you need to send you a treatment to get up with acceptable values ​​(as close as possible) and that you have good values ​​after food.

Do not measure the glucose at 15min, turn it at 2 hours, write it down for several days.

Making a glucosilad study, the one you have from 6.x of 2018 is not very useful, in just a few months you can move a lot because the glucosilada is the average of the last 3 months.This study is essential, you can do it in a particular laboratory, it is not expensive.

Third, no less important: those triglyceride results (500+) are alarming.I do not want to scare you but triglyceride with those levels, what tells you is that your blood is very thick.It can cause thrombus and there may be a scare, so get to work .. I suggest the following:

a) Check your blood pressure.With those triglyceride values, it is almost certain that you bring hypertension.You need to confirm it so that a cardiologist will medicate you because the high pressure brings many problems, organs are damaged.

b) Get a study by Sanguinea Chemistry, Biometry, Ego, Lipids.To take it to your cardiologist, and to see your good cholesterol levels HDL, bad LDL and other aspects such as uric acid.In patients with high glucose and high triglycerides, it is common for uric acid to be high, and this are like hardening needles, so it is dangerous.They would surely send you medication to correct it.

c) There is a study that the doctor may send you, it is called ultrasensible C -reactive protein.This study tells you if there is inflammation in the tissue of the arteries.It is common in patients with high triglycerides and other conditions such as abdominal fat, overweight and hypertension.

These are my personal suggestions because I am hypertensive and I control myself a lot, I have many cardiologists and I love learning from these issues.

I wish you the best of luck, do not abandon.

matrix's profile photo
matrix
08/21/2021 12:41 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.