{'en': 'How much is it normal to raise sugar when eating?', 'es': 'Cuanto es normal que suba el azúcar al comer??'} Image

How much is it normal to raise sugar when eating?

Leticia21's profile photo   07/31/2016 12:50 p.m.

@Leticia21 Are you regulating or ovulating?
Today I had a peak despite the gummy bread and it is because of ovulation.You have to observe your body, female hormones alter all hormones, including insulin hormone.
In "those days" I change my dose and guidelines.They are two or three days a month in which I double the breakfast dose, but be careful that everything that goes up, drastically goes down as it happened to you;Sometimes it is better to be a high pelin than getting a hiccup.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/02/2016 12:59 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

How about today @Leticia21?I am in those days of dose change ... Look how the quick has not made me almost effect and I will have to climb basal.
Any other day, the breakfast peak stays below 130 and falls at two hours .... today I stay in 168mg/dl of the capillary (the free da 149mg/dl).
It is important that you look at what day of the menstrual cycle these.
I encourage, you'll see how you do it ...

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/03/2016 10:14 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@Ruthbia I have 2 days dawning with 140/150 ...: |Today I click and wait a good time for breakfast and see how it goes now.
It is true that at night the postpondrial is giving me 90/100 then it usually takes a glass of milk ... but I do not get well to breakfast ... Today I will lower the dinner ratio so as not to have to take supplement beforeGo to bed to see if I get well.
By the way, what do you usually have breakfast?

Leticia21's profile photo
Leticia21
08/03/2016 10:49 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

A coffee with milk (1 HC ration), 2 diabalance toast with sugarless jam (1HC) and 1 sugar without sugar (2 HC) with 2 fast and do not usually go from 130 but I am ovulating;So tomorrow 3 fast units.

If you wake up with more than 140, in my pattern the endocrine tells me to raise the basal one at night and if I continue like this, the third day upload another unit.You need 3 days to see results in basal changes.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/03/2016 11:48 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Oh Mother !!!Everything is so uphill!I read you and how
I have no insulin or I know my values ​​... well I do not catch you!When do you talk about basal, what do you mean?
What I have left to learn!

Calolu's profile photo
Calolu
03/27/2017 1:20 a.m.

calolu said:
oh mother !!!Everything is so uphill!I read you and how
I have no insulin or I know my values ​​... well I do not catch you!When do you talk about basal, what do you mean?
What I have left to learn!

Calolu but if you don't have insulin you don't need what they comment, because they do have to put it on.Don't you know your values?Don't you measure yourself?You need to do it, because it is convenient that you see how your body is working with what you take, whether you take pills or only with diet and exercise as it happens to me, it is advisable to go by making measurements to see how your body reacts.

I have spent a very bad weekend, with the theme food.I had breakfast out of home and my mother who luked me the bread, more than 200 ... if I cannot trust the integral breads of the bakeries here and that I do not learn, of integral sure they have little.

Nila's profile photo
Nila
03/27/2017 9:19 a.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

An extract of "how to overcome diabetes through food":

The glycemic index (IG) of a food informs us about the quality of its carbohydrates, fast or slow.
He tells us how quickly the sugar passes with the diet to the blood.Now, the effects of a food on the body depend at the same time on its IG and the amount you have taken.
The glycemic load (CG) takes into account these two parameters.It is obtained by multiplying the IG of a food by the amount of carbohydrates of a portion of said food, and then dividing by 100.
The CG of a portion is low when it is less than 10, moderate between 11 and 19 and elevated when it exceeds 20.
Example:
A plate of potato puree, that is, 150 g of puree, contains 22.5 g of carbohydrates
Ig of Purés: 90
CG = 20.2
A plate of potato puree has a high CG, which means that it will cause a glycemia peak.

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
04/02/2017 7:05 p.m.

regina said:
no, to avoid the peak it is better to prick before.
What interests is that this peak is short -lived
Sometimes it can be avoided with a little fat or protein at breakfast, butter?
@Regina, why do you say that adding a little fat at breakfast ... do we avoid the peak?
Yes, it is true that when I drink coffee with milk and 3 cookies Maria sometimes I have a higher peak than when I take button

RAKE's profile photo
RAKE
07/31/2017 midnight

DM1 desde 1992, con 9 añitos; Tresiba 10, Apidra en función de HC
Freestyle Libre

mamarvazq said:
an extract of "how to overcome diabetes through food":

The glycemic index (IG) of a food informs us about the quality of its carbohydrates, fast or slow.
He tells us how quickly the sugar passes with the diet to the blood.Now, the effects of a food on the body depend at the same time on its IG and the amount you have taken.
The glycemic load (CG) takes into account these two parameters.It is obtained by multiplying the IG of a food by the amount of carbohydrates of a portion of said food, and then dividing by 100.
The CG of a portion is low when it is less than 10, moderate between 11 and 19 and elevated when it exceeds 20.
Example:
A plate of potato puree, that is, 150 g of puree, contains 22.5 g of carbohydrates
Ig of Purés: 90
CG = 20.2
A plate of potato puree has a high CG, which means that it will cause a glycemia peak.

Hello here they clarify several very necessary things about the glycemic index
Greetings
Link

mario69's profile photo
mario69
07/31/2017 12:26 a.m.

Diabetes 2, pero insulinorequiriente, con resistencia a la insulina y pancreas agotado.
HbA1c: dic '16: 12,8; mar '17: 10,9
Fallece mi madre oct '17
Ida a Paraguay feb '18
HbA1c: oct '18: 8,7; ene '19: 6,5; abr '19: 6,2 abr '19: 6,5; jun '19: 7,5; set '19: ???
Detemir 26 7:30 y 20 19:30
Aspartica 4 antes desay y mer y 5 antes alm y cena.
200 a 250gr de HC diarios, 80gr Prot y 80gr Grasa. Segun actividad.
71 años 88kg 1,72.

@"Rake" What @"Regina" tells you about adding fat by avoiding the peak is because sugar is most slowly absorbed depending on which you accompany it.Fat, fiber and protein (as far as I know) make the sugars of that food slower.That is why a fruit juice does not rise as quickly as the whole fruit, the fruit carries fiber and that makes it slower to the blood.In the juice, all the fiber has been removed and the sugar passes very fast to the blood because it does not require barely digestion.
With the fats and proteins it happens similar, for example for milk, the whole gives me less peak than the skim and that is because of the fat it carries.Fat and protein require more digestion and that slows sugar absorption.
In general, foods in their natural state give less peak than the defendants, because the defendants are usually very easy to digest and that makes the sugar they wear faster pass to the blood.In addition to most of them add sugar in different ways.Even turkey ribs (which should be turkey and little more) have a buried hydrates, which are part of sugar and another in rapid absorption starches.If you look at the ingredients you see that between 40 - 60% is turkey and the rest additives (almost all sugar or starch).

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
08/01/2017 11:33 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

@Leticia21 have you tried to breakfast fruit and coffee with whole milk instead of cookies or bread?The bread if it is real integral should get more slowly than the cookies but it is difficult to find a real integral bread.If you look at the ingredients to be comprehensive, you have to carry only integral flour, many carry white and bran flour that is not the same.
In the case of the fruit, I surely do not give you so much peak because it has a lot of fiber.Oatmeal is also a good option.If you calculate the rations equivalent to the cookies you are taking you can do the test without modifying the fast dose.I once take it in the form of porridge with nuts and some pure cocoa (I use the 100% value and as I like bitter I do not give anything but but a bit of sweetener and ready).It's a matter of trying to be better.
To avoid the peaks I try to eat few hydrates because I find it easier and it is not that I like bread very much and I do not want to eat prosecuted as cookies or muffins.Thus I take some scrambled eggs, coffee with whole milk and a little kefir or fruit.With that I do not give me peak, sometimes or step of 130, and when I get very little fast I do not give me the downturn at 2 hours that is when it makes me more effect.In your case if you want to continue eating what they have told you to wear a little earlier, it will surely help and eat something else that wears slower hydrates sure you will also do well.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
08/01/2017 11:47 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

@"Yesssica_a" Thank you very much!Very good explanation :)

RAKE's profile photo
RAKE
08/01/2017 7:23 p.m.

DM1 desde 1992, con 9 añitos; Tresiba 10, Apidra en función de HC
Freestyle Libre

leticia21 said:
at breakfast and lunch after eating the freestyle marks me some peaks of 200 but at 2h I arrive well ... even low or fair many times.What should I do?Change the dose of the basal or bowling?

Always breakfast a glass of milk with 3 Maria cookies and a little turkey and white cheese ... With respect to lunch it is more varied ...

I don't like to see those peaks and I don't know when it will be in normal.

Another issue ... Pineapple cans in your juice get sugar a lot?I shoot me !!

Thank you!

I had the same problem as you!I solve it by clicking a few minutes before, between 15 and 45 min before starting to eat.Depending on glycemia at the time of clicking.

Also, if you are going to eat, above all, fruit or fruit juice, you must do it yes or yes!

But be careful because if you expect more, it's equal to severe hypo

mrastra's profile photo
mrastra
08/06/2017 4:39 p.m.

That peak that gives you when you have breakfast is normal, the ideal is that after 2 hours as several do you make a check which should result in a stable level, we recommend you read an interesting article about what you can eat: https: //www.oxizag.com/tengo-diabetes-tipo-2-que-puedo-comer/

michel's profile photo
michel
08/14/2017 4:32 p.m.

"@ Leticia21" It happens to you as to me, the fast breakfast takes 2 hours to take effect.My endo tells me how impossible.Now I put it on and I wait for 45min but I see that it has not dropped yet .... The next consultation will take you in study.It makes me peak anyway according to my hormones.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/17/2017 10:52 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@"Leticia21", @ruthbia, my daughter is the same, the breakfast peaks were scary, according to her endo it was a lack of fast, but if we went up, lunch arrived with hiccup.We begin to advance insulin, and being in normal values ​​he needs 50 min to start acting, Asioque when he goes to class, the awake is punctured and continues to sleep until the time of breakfast.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
08/21/2017 9:13 a.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

@"Rociollinares" come and live with me and wake me up.... :)
I dedicate myself to collect the house, shower and so on to make time.... but there are still days that I arrive at 180.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/21/2017 10:15 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@"Ruthbia" ..... :)) :)) :)) I send my daughter to see if you get all that before going to class ....

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
08/21/2017 10:57 a.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

I already imagine ... these days I am with my 13th niece and it is a fight to do something.I have to fool her based on mini awards

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/21/2017 2:32 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I get a little late to the key point of the thread, but as you comment, I assure you that the solution is to puncture before, especially if it gives you the peak and then lower.

I would add a couple of things on the subject of insulin: 1) According to prior to puncture activity, insulin will take effect sooner or later, so in the morning it tends to take longer.2) It is less relevant, but very important that you have the basal well tight.But when you face issues related to rapid insulin, you may change your own insulin itself when the problem does not depend on that.This ends up decompensating the treatment.

Subliminal message: Adjust the basal!

Rafa JS's profile photo
Rafa JS
02/04/2018 1:39 p.m.

DM 1 desde 2005.
Tresiba + Novorapid
A1c: 6,7% (Sep-2017)
FreeStyle desde febrero 2017

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.