{'en': 'Dexcom G6 - Everything you need to know', 'es': 'Dexcom G6 - Todo lo que necesitas saber'} Image

Dexcom G6 - Everything you need to know

jconegar's profile photo   09/17/2016 12:27 a.m.

Pabloj2000 said:
Here I put a photo of the evolution of Dexcom with the receptors, from the first model to the last ... Seven/Seven Plus (software was updated), G4, G4 with Share Share, G5 (which could also be a G4 With Share with the corresponding software code and update), and G5/G6 (G5 Tactile format is passed to G6 with code and software).
A fact: the first (Seven, Seven Plus and G4) and the last ones (G4 With Share turned to G5, G5 and G5-G6) do not have Bluetooth connectivity to share data, understandable in the first, inexplicable in the seconds, daytoday.

Greetings

How good you have everything !!!!You are a fan of Dexcom, the truth that I think like many colleagues that Dexcom is the best in the market.

Juani Schz Schz's profile photo
Juani Schz Schz
11/14/2018 7:55 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

By the way, the XDrip algorithm has nothing to do with the officer, but nothing .... Information for people, who does not take confusion or deception.And he who does not believe it, because he does the test and tells us, is very, very, very easy.To use xDrip almost better purchase that lasts the sensors and is more affordable ... personal opinion, of course, each one is very free to do what you please.I only think.

Greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
11/14/2018 7:56 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

I've been using Enlite 2 for a long time because the bomb I have is the 640 g of Medtronic.
Right now they are financing the complete system and my endocrine told me that when the 670 system comes to me to start using it (I hope you do not forget their words).
Unfortunately in my autonomous community we do not have an animas and I insulin bomb that we will have access to the Tandem.I say unfortunately because for me Dexcom is much more reliable than Medtronic.
Now we have several continuous glucose measurement systems that are not cheap and the ideal would be that each patient be financed that best suits their needs or better.
When I read all the opinions of the Dexcom G6 both here and in other blogs and in other social networks I see that many of those who have tried it do not return or do not want to return to previous systems and give an example to Republika Diabetes, which for me is aconcerning.
So this leads me to think that many seek reliability above all and especially in health issues.

mjsm's profile photo
mjsm
11/14/2018 7:58 p.m.

Pabloj2000 said:
By the way, the XDrip algorithm has nothing to do with the officer, but nothing .... information for people, who does not take confusion or deception.And he who does not believe it, because he does the test and tells us, is very, very, very easy.To use xDrip almost better purchase that lasts the sensors and is more affordable ... personal opinion, of course, each one is very free to do what you please.I only think.

Greetings

I just asked immi from Facebook and says that it is great, that the values ​​are the same as those of Bayer's glucometer.Well I don't know what to think so much comment.

Juani Schz Schz's profile photo
Juani Schz Schz
11/14/2018 8 p.m.

Juani Schz Schz said:
Pabloj2000 said:
By the way, the XDRIP algorithm has nothing to do with the officer, but nothing ....Information for people, who do not take confusion or deception.And he who does not believe it, because he does the test and tells us, is very, very, very easy.To use xDrip almost better purchase that lasts the sensors and is more affordable ... personal opinion, of course, each one is very free to do what you please.I only think.

Greetings

I just asked immi from Facebook and says that it is great, that the values ​​are the same as those of Bayer's glucometer.Well, I don't know what to think so much comment.

It is very easy ... Use official algorithm (whether official or receiver app), and use third applications at the same time .... compare results and point.You can see this with G4, G5 and G6 (and yes, you can connect XDRIP and the official receiver at the same time, for example).In the last betas of XDrip, work is being done on a mode of reading native values ​​of the transmitter "when possible", which in theory could give you the same values ​​(that "when possible" is not very reliable, of course).But this is something known for a long time (different results), since XDRIP appeared and the plates that were manufactured, regardless of that one likes XDRIP (it seems like a motorcycle), compared to the official algorithm (soft, stable, predictive).But what has been said, the best, that each one tries and compares it, you will see the results, I do not say that it is better or worse for each one, I say that it is different, and without a doubt, I am left with the officer (and I see thatfor a long time day by day).But what has been said, that each one checks it with their eyes and that's it.

Greetings

pabloj2000
11/14/2018 8:18 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

tato said:
good morning everyone.
The Dexcom delegate has sent me
this.I share it by himself.
All the best

Well you are right @MJSM as I think this information is essential for those who want to buy it I put it here at the end that people see it.Thanks to the partner he has shared since no one has done it except him.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
11/14/2018 8:32 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

And by the way ... (and I do not speak for me, if not for others), that a G5 and G6 officially (G4 with 505 software was on the same Mard, but it was not approved) they can serve to make clinical decisions, XDRIP evidentlyNo (it is neither approved, nor proven, nor studied, nor approved, nor anything) and there is no more support than a community behind.I say it in case someone goes for the book ... that each one does what they consider (we already do many) but want to go "for the book", and invite someone to use xDrip .... when there is no supportNeither study, nor approval, nor guarantee that the result shown is correct, because ... (I insist again, I speak for others, I, for me, I am aware and use it, and many other things).It is only a comment with the best intention in the world.Greetings

pabloj2000
11/14/2018 8:35 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Juani Schz Schz said:
Pabloj2000 said:
Here I put a photo of the evolution of Dexcom with the receptors, from the first model to the last ...Seven/Seven Plus (software was updated), G4, G4 with Share, G5 (which could also be a G4 with Share with the corresponding software code and update), and G5/G6 (G5 Tactile format is passed to G6 with codeand software).
A fact: the first (Seven, Seven Plus and G4) and the last ones (G4 With Share turned to G5, G5 and G5-G6) do not have Bluetooth connectivity to share data, understandable in the first, inexplicable in the seconds, daytoday.

Greetings

How good you have everything !!!!You are a fan of Dexcom, the truth that I think like many colleagues that Dexcom is the best of the market. !!!!

I am not a fan of Dexcom ... I am only type 1 diabetic. Sacaco my diabetes, and bye Bye dexcom (and I am critical of not being able to with this manufacturer).

Greetings

pabloj2000
11/14/2018 8:57 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Juani Schz Schz said:
Well now that Jconegar comments on republika diabetes on Facebook it has been commented that he is using another kit, so if he has bought another one he will not go so badly, hahaha, II will also try it in addition there has been a partner who has made a discount today and we must use it at least cost us less.

Hello, I have no idea what they have put or not (in their analysis there is enough information, if read in detail and calmly), although I think that the reasonable and sensible (I say, eh?) Is that the cuddlyTransmitter at least (once you have it and have paid it .. because that has already said in the text that if you have paid it), come on, I will do, once you have achieved a kit and made the initial investment of the transmitter, I would try to amortize during life time (I like or little, or the sensors last or more, much more expensive would be to stop using it and "eat" a paid transmitter).But it is a personal comment, I can't get into the minds of others.Or maybe I'm wrong.It is only my approach.Anyway, you can ask in the blog itself and whatever, I suppose it will clarify something, maybe it's the best, right?Greetings

pabloj2000
11/14/2018 10:08 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

I attach another version that speaks of the Dexcom G6, this time the sugary Jedi, a person who is always sincere in his blog and says if he is white white and if he is black black, person the reference Jedi in our country.
Defines it among other terms as follows:

" Today, with the new version that has just launched and that we already have in Spain, Dexcom G6 again shows that its evolution is continuous and that it can still be further ."

At the same time also confirms the important advance that Dexcom continually makes about its products, I advise you to read it.
People with great knowledge in market products related to diabetes have used Dexcom G6 and all opinions are equal, and as the partners say if they continue to use it, it will be for something, today everything can be sold and not lostMoney there really is nothing to amortize, and more if they have bought it where they say.
Let's see it explain it a little more to avoid misunderstandings, people who have used it and have been published in this forum their comments comment on their excellent functioning, and I do not think they continue to use them to amortize them but for its quality and reliability.

Link

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
11/15/2018 11:14 a.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

To facilitate reading, I reproduce here the Jedi review, they are really extensive reflections ... I wouldn't give me time to write so much !!!: D: D: D: D: D

review dexcom g6com g6

When one puts the title Dexcom in an entrance, he has a great feeling of Deja-Vu.Because we talk about a continuous measurement system that is not new.That has been in the market for years.And above all, that does not stop being improved and updated.If we ask anyone with a little knowledgeable diabetes of diabetes technology which is the hardware that most evolves, it would most likely quote the North American company as a paradigm of speed in applying improvements.In 1999 Dexcom was created and in 2006 version 1 of this system was launched.It seems that many years have passed, but we talk about just over ten, in which Dexcom has implemented important improvements in the system, both in benefits and in technique and accuracy.Today, with the new version that has just launched and we already have in Spain, Dexcom G6 again shows that its evolution is continuous and that it can still be further.I have spoken on occasion that the brilliant speed of evolutions in this brand is sometimes disconcerting (and even frustrating when you want to buy a system that will be obsolete in a year), but in the background it is an indicative that we have a company that a company that a company thatconstantly improves and does not conform to what he has.I like that personally, although I understand the possible anger of a person spent the pasta in a system and who the following year launches another upper version.It was just a year ago when I made my Dexcom G5 review.

differences between Dexcom G5 and G6.

The new sensor-transmitter set of the Dexcom G6 is finer, less protuberant and is infinitely better designed, although its length is a bit higher.
But leaving aside the hypervelocity of Dexcom evolving his MCG sensor -only comparable to that of the millenary hawk -we reach the current point where he said above, we have already available the new Dexcom G6.I have been able to enjoy this system for a month thanks to the team that yielded Iberian Novalab -su official distributor in Spain- (external link) so that I can test it first hand and give my impressions that I tell you below.Of course, and as always, I have no economic link when trying it or any commitment, something that always makes it clear in the section of "Conflict of Interest" within the editorial policy of the blog and that I advise you to read.

review of the continuous glucose meter dexcom g6

As you know, since June I have put the implantable sensor Eversese XL of Senseonics/Roche and which I already talked about after spending my Ecuador of the 180 days that its useful life lasts, and therefore my tests with the G6 were going to be continuously compared from theMinute one with the Roche sensor.And this is logically very good, because carrying two systems simultaneously allows both.In case of doubt or differences, a capillary can tell you which of the two deviates.But if both go the same, the consequence is clear: both go well.And the result was ... that both have gone the same.Nailed.Like two drops of water.As a Swiss glucose measurement clock.Really curious.Therefore, the Dexcom G6 has behaved at all times with very, very exact figures.

comparative dexcom g6 vs Eversese xl

The Dexcom G6 has been even at all times with the Eversese XL, thus demonstrating that both have a great exactis.

You are good, Flanagan, this is what I thought of G6 a few days after putting on the first sensor.As I said above,Tasting this system was very easy for another to carry another arm and from which he had already proven his great accuracy.But the Dexcom G6 has proven to be as accurate as Eversese XL.Both are really impressive in their accuracy.Forgetting the implantable that I already talked about in his day and notMard accuracy (9%) that its predecessor version (the G5), has shown (at least in my case, although I know that I am not the only one who says this) to be less reliable and accurate than this.The G5 did not convince me.However, the Dexcom G6 is impressive from minute one.

What has changed to be so good?

In the last EASD Congress I was talking to people from Dexcom and Novalab and they told me that the improvements are sometimes subtle, but added make everything better.In the case of G6, we talk about a system that has systematized and uniformized each and every one of the inserts with a new and wonderful applicator, which has surpassed that of free (until then winner) at many points.Incredible the softness with which the sensor inserts.And let's not forget that Dexcom's filament is longer than competition because it enters oblique.Nothing is noticeable.I would prick twenty times with this system.A large and colorful applicator, which curiously must be thrown once the sensor is placed.Therefore, new sensors are bulky, because they include this applicator;Perhaps the only silly paste (for saying some) that derives from this new insertion system that the Dexcom meter shouted for a long time.Let us therefore forget that infamous applicator that was afraid.You can click without fear of a child because it does not hurt.Do not know.And now having a system to place the sensor again and again in the same place and with the same effectiveness has contributed to improving its accuracy a little more.If we add to that his programming (algorithms) or in some small change in the chemistry of the membranes of the filament ... The result is that even having the same Mard as the G5, the Dexcom G6 is best noticeable from the first day.Again and again it gives you the exact values.

my experience with the mcg

Benefits

A sensor that now lasts ten days ... the already mentioned applicator ... all the usual alarms fully configurable plus a new hypoglycemia forecast (an imminent urgent level alert ") ... different customizable alerts for the day or night ... indication forPediatrics from just two years ... without interference in the results by Paracetamol/acetaminophen ... a new receiver ... up to five caregivers who can telemonitory in real time the person who carries the system ... and no need for calibration.Your star benefit.Just because.We have already reached the point where continuous glucose meters do not require calibration.At least this.Technology is so accurate that we have surpassed capillary meters.Although other systems still calibrate, over the next few months we will see new candidates that add to the absence of calibration, since as I have said it is losing the sense to calibrate a system with another that is worse than the first.In the case of Dexcom G6, each sensor comes with a code that we must introduce when starting its useful life.And that will already give us the ten days without calibrations.However, we can always calibrate manually if necessary or use the sensor in “old mode with calibrations” if we do not introduce the code when starting with that sensor.

dexcom g6 placed

The setTransmitter-Sensor now bothers much less, it is more comfortable to carry and its fabric patch is completely adhered to the entire transmitter socket.
The new #dexcomg6 does not need calibration
And in terms of information management, the G6 can be communicated with the receiver (without the need for mobile) or with the smartphone (we can acquire it in both configurations).On the mobile, it is enough to install the Dexcom G6 app, which is available both in iOS and Android.Although it must be said that in Android it is very sibarite to function and Dexcom only guarantees compatibility with star phones, such as Samsung Galaxy and few more.And if we want to analyze the data with Clarity (external link), we have an app, which this week has just launched translated into Spanish.In principle with this app compatibility on Android will be much greater than with the previous one.As I just left this week, I have not had too much time to try it.But what I have been able to tangle with it, what I see is that it is an extension of the desktop platform.The data and reports are not generated specifically for the smartphone, but are simply generated based on your filters and show them on the screen a large size, without being adapted to the phone screen.Therefore, you must move through the leaves of the graphics as if you were watching a Word document or a PDF made on a computer.In summary, the Clarity app convinces me by non -adaptability to the smartphone.But the reports they present are complete and are generated by accessing our clarity data in the cloud.

The new transmitter is a little longer, but much more comfortable to carry for its slightest thickness and be better integrated into the sensor base.
The new transmitter is a little longer, but much more comfortable to carry for its slightest thickness and be better integrated into the sensor base.
What has changed is the transmitter-sensor set.The transmitter is now more flat and less bump.The way to fit in the sensor socket is better, simpler and without pointed corners as before.And the Zocalo is also different.He is now attached throughout his surface against the adhesive cloth dressing, which gives you much more confidence.And when placing the transmitter, everything is very compact, without highlights and is safer against hooks.I have taken the three test sensors without putting any additional protection on top and have endured well with sport included.In summary, the sensor-transmitter pack is now more compact and comfortable.And the system to get the transmitter once the sensor is finished is also original and well resolved: you have to fold the socket and split it.Only then is the transmitter from where I was totally fitted.

To get the transmitter from a finished sensor, you have to break the socket.

dexcom and chewing sensors

As I said, the sensors last 10 days, three more than the previous ones.And the transmitter about three months.Yes I know.Now is when you tell me that the sensors stretch and that with a bit of the transmitter you can get hand to change the batteries.Well, I do not recommend one thing or the other.I know that when we pay the sensors, having 10 days is better than 5, 20 better than 10, and that the transmitter lasts as much as possible.But if we now have a system that does not require calibration and that we can finally keep the capillary meter at home, stretch it only supposes that we will have to continuously collapse the accuracy of the system from day 10, and therefore we will have a dexcom"Ancient" that requires comparing and most likely to calibrate.For me now no longer compensates to stretch a sensor.Not now.And if what you think is to keep stretching the sensor without clicking on your finger once, already directlyI advise you vividly.Remember that from day ten everything can fail, or little by little or suddenly.And we play a lot if we trust a system that does not give us the right results.As I said, now that we have a system in which we can trust and make decisions and does not require calibrating, for me stretch it no longer makes sense.Anyway, those of Dexcom have put the most difficult things than before and those who are stretching them get very few more useful days.Ah, and there is no retrocompatibility.G5 and G6 are incompatible in their sensors, receptors and transmitters.

my experience

I think it has become clear that the Dexcom G6 liked it a lot.I was surprised because by having the same Mard as the G5, I expected something similar.But not only is it condemned exact at all times, but you do not lose the values ​​collected by the sensor, there are no connection losses even during the night when you are supported on the sensor's arm ... Therefore, everything works as it should.Only a couple of sensor errors, which have been resolved by themselves after a couple of minutes.

Dexcom sensor error screen G6

Just a couple of "sensor error" during the month of testing.And without signal losses.
On the other hand, I must admit that the trend arrow is one of the battle horses of MCG systems.In almost everyone I have tried, they fail many times in their predictions.And that endangers applying those settings in the guideline based on the trend arrow.Many times it marks a trend that changes completely in the following reading.Therefore, I would not recommend acting based only on trend arrows, but rather on the historical of previous measurements.I still do not see the trend systematically.But it is not Dexcom's problem, but of all.

trend arrow in the dexcom g6

The trend arrow changes from one reading to the next.Be careful to make decisions based only on it.
As for data management, I have mostly used an iPhone with the Dexcom G6 app, but I have also tried the new receiver.It is a content size, with a mobile appearance, although smaller.Color touch screen and with the same benefits we have in the app.In both cases more than correct.With very configurable alarms, both the app and the receiver give us the classic information of these systems.What we cannot do is analyze the data at the statistical level, since for that we need to access the Clarity platform, of which there is still no access via app and we need to do it through a browser.The Dexcom G6 has alarms that really honor its name;They are effective and alarman.A lot.As you ignore you end up calling the attention of all the people around you.Actually that is the function of an alarm.And then each person can configure it depending on their needs or even disable them.And the new alert called "low imminent level" warns us in advance of up to 20 minutes in foreseeable situations of important hypoglycemia (55 mg/dl is the fixed threshold).To me personally this alert seems to me that it is a good idea, although it does not work brilliantly, since to give it a good note it should be more forecast and notify more in advance.When I am already on the edge or in full hypo, I tell me that I will reach 55 mg/dl in a few minutes it seems an unnecessary and almost rude obviousness.I can't find great use in this function as it has worked for me.But if they improve it, it is a good idea.On the other hand, your alert systemCustomizable allows you to create a second set of notices, something that is very useful for example during the night, where our safety thresholds are usually different.A very useful function.

And I don't want to end up without citing a program that has improved a lot about previous versions.I refer to the Clarity Data Management Platform.Although in Spain we still cannot access via APP (shortly), if we do it from a computer we will have access to software that is in my opinion among the best in the balance between benefits and usability.And the latter is very important, because dealing with all this diabetes big-data is not something pleasant traditionally.But now there are programs that have achieved that balance that I mean between benefits (that is, information that provides us) and the always necessary usability and intuitivity in their interfaces.A platform of this type must be simple, but powerful.That you know how to handle it in a short time, but that offers you everything you need.And Clarity does it very well.For me of the best in that balance between what it offers and simplicity.I see it adequate for all users.But it offers everything we need and in a very simple and visually friendly way.It incorporates the always useful AGP graphic, in addition to of course edition of glycosilada, variability, etc.I am looking forward to seeing how all these graphics compact on the screen of a mobile when the app is available.

Conclusion

In summary, I believe that the Dexcom G6 is significantly better than everything the company has done so far.In all aspects.And as for accuracy, it is the best I have tried, at the same level as Eversese XL.Honestly, I must confess that I am dying to see this great sensor communicating with the Tandem insulin pump and executing the basal automation algorithms that are already ready by the manufacturers of the Great T. For what I could see in the pastEasd in Berlin (and that I liked it a lot), I think it will be a union that will put the things very difficult for Medtronic with his 670g.

fer's profile photo
fer
11/15/2018 5:39 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Hello, interesting review, the most remarkable for me, is how it starts, and I quote textually:

"thanks to the team that gave me a Novalab Ibérica -su official distributor in Spain- (external link) so that I can test it first hand and give my impressions that I tell youNext./i>

With which, we can already expect a review at least, politically correct (and this is positive), another thing is that it did it without this clarification (politically correct, it would go on to touch the shameful, especially for the one that puts the product and theIt allows -this is how that will be denounced to the company that puts posters here-).
And politically correct, it is good, each one who reads it with their eyes (you already know that of the magazines "put a product assigned by a distributor" and the next one lends it to you by San Pedro :)).That is why, at least, politically correct, always (I insist for the umpteenth time, this is good, with the correct clarification), enough data and enjoyment of reading.Another review.

And that said, it seems clear that the Mard mentioned above to justify "superiority" is worth it ... here it indirectly confirms it.

"has surprised me because when having the same Mard as the G5, I expected something similar."

That is, if the Mard value (it is an absolute value), it is the same, and yet it obtains different results, that Mard value ... is it of no use, right?Or in other words, other systems, even from Dexcom with a similar Mard value, may even be, the same, better or worse, than another with the same Mard.Come on, that he says that the MRD indicates that it is superior in real life, here has an opinion that it is a figure, for the foot user, tremendously relative for not saying useless.

dexcom and gum sensors

As I said, the sensors last 10 days, three more than the previous ones.And the transmitter about three months.Yes I know.Now is when you tell me that the sensors stretch and that with a bit of the transmitter you can get hand to change the batteries.Well, I do not recommend one thing or the other.I know that when we pay the sensors, having 10 days is better than 5, 20 better than 10, and that the transmitter lasts as much as possible.But if we now have a system that does not require calibration and that we can finally keep the capillary meter at home, stretch it only supposes that we will have to continuously collapse the accuracy of the system from day 10, and therefore we will have a dexcom"Ancient" that requires comparing and most likely to calibrate.For me now no longer compensates to stretch a sensor.Not now.And if what you think is to keep stretching the sensor without clicking on your finger once, I already directly advisemently.Remember that from day ten everything can fail, or little by little or suddenly.And we play a lot if we trust a system that does not give us the right results.As I said, now that we have a system in which we can trust and make decisions and does not require calibrating, for me stretch it no longer makes sense.Anyway, those of Dexcom have put the most difficult things than before and those who are stretching them get very few more useful days.Ah, and there is no retrocompatibility.G5 and G6 are incompatible in their sensors, receptors and transmitters.

Returning to the theme of the duration of sensors, something that interests us a lot ... also confirms what we already know (despite the observed stubborn) that have reduced duration (the cost of the sensor,Let us remember, it is the same), that is, it is more expensive than to stretch it (and about reliability, we return to the Mard ... remember that a simple G4 with 505 software had the Mard almost identical to the G5 and G6, and alreadyAlmost 5 years ago! Of course that software is only used in American devices).That we agree that it is best not to stretch it, there would be more ... as soon as we of the SS, the G4-G5 are changed to 7 days and g6 at 10, there is no doubt, but as long as you pay itOf your pocket, each one who decides.From the outset, what we already know, same sensor cost, durations of the old superiors (clearly).
Ahhh, and something else in collation of what it says of stretching sensors and "getting to have an old dexcom" ... the worst thing is to use XDRIP that uses the algorithm of the G4 and G5 ... Come on, to have the last thing to use aAlgorithm common to all systems ... Round business (more expensive the sensor, lasts less, and G4-G5-G6 common algorithm) ... Turn off and let's go.

Already finally, I do not understand so much assumption about whether the author of a review still uses a G6 ... it is criticized that there are no information based on rumors or assumptions, to see if you apply the story, and instead of so much "Assume ", because when it was the prices of the G6, you pick up the phone since you do not fia (here easier, you send a message on the blog) and ask, and that's it, we stop supposing ourselves ... we can beAssuming thousands of things, that if you may simply like it, and you are willing to pay the extra cost that supposes it, or whatever, but since you solve the assumptions, then ask and clarify, right?I do not understand that sometimes, and sometimes not ... Consult and put itself without problems.

I have also seen in other messages that happened to me, more than one, talks about a Facebook person, perhaps to put in a situation, who is it?Do you work in Novalab?in any laboratory?I get lost, I may not have information about it and be someone important whose information is reputed officially (that's why I say nothing until I know who it is, I don't want to put the leg).How the reliable, contrasted information and all that ... that is of "total confidence" of Tark that for me is not trusted (with all the respects) ... evidently tells me very little, but what was said, but what was said, something escapes me, and that is why I want to be prudent until I know where that information comes from (although I am surprised that someone related to health, laboratory, etc ... Talk to XDRIP, that does not have any guarantee or approval ofNo kind, something I like so much - and I don't understand some of here, another thing is what we do, users).

Greetings

pabloj2000
11/15/2018 6:31 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

@Pabloj2000 I believe that people who use XDrip (the app) do not use it by Mard or by algorithm or anything like that is simply a matter of customization of the app and all its possibilities of alarms, bowling, predictions etc, etc.;I completely do not know the features of the reader or the Dexcom app. But in that sense I think XDRIP has many more functions although people do not use even half.I speak of XDrip, the app, not XDrip Limitter, just like you referred to the latter.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
11/15/2018 7:12 p.m.

Correct, XDRIP has countless customization settings, and also, until not long, it was the only way to use transmitters after 3 months, or with changed batteries (before it was impossible, not difficult or complicated, impossible to use it with official appor receiver), or simply when you find mobile phones that were not supported by official application (now we have original, modified versions - without authorization, obviously - that allow you, under the responsibility of each one, of course).XDrip has advantages in many cases and users, but the algorithm is different from that of Dexcom, and you can see that in a simple way how to use the officer and XDRIP, mark different values ​​(which does not mean that sometimes they coincide), I do not enterIf you like more or less (I like much less), but they are different.Of course I use XDRIP for certain things, and also the official algorithm and I have it clear.And this is not a criticism of XDrip, of course, thanks to him, we have for a long time, the possibility of using fantastic smartwatches, for example among other things, but not everything is as easy as "using xDrip" because inThat case may have many more options, but you do not have the manufacturer's benefits (the ones you pay), you have "others" (for me, at a reliability level, worse, although with more adjustments, than in many cases, simplicity is aPlus - for example, the receptors - although they are very improvable and with incomprehensible shit).Greetings

pabloj2000
11/15/2018 10:10 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

In my opinion, the reasons for using XDrip are clear:
1. I can use any Android.
2. I can have reading on my smartwatch without a phone.
3. Ease to restart patch/sensor
4. Customization of colors, alarms ...

Regarding the algorithm, the application can use its own algorithm, but it is normal to use the inmate of the G6 transmitter itself, that is to say that of Dexcom.

Gonz's profile photo
Gonz
11/18/2018 12:09 p.m.

Fully in accordance with XDRIP ... Although Eye, with the modified official app, you can use 99% of Android mobiles (prior, also, reset of days accountant).The rest, without a doubt, customization is at another level (sometimes, even exaggerated), and the use of direct smartwatch is also fantastic (for me, the greatest justification for use, personal opinion), then there is the issue of connectivityThat, in my view and experience, it fails a lot (loses readings, although there are or there were some tables with capture ratios, the clock is the best, about 90% of the captured measures), but for my liking, ifIt loses appreciably more, always compared to a G4 or G5 receiver per Ex (xDrip in mobile or loses clock, no receiver).But this are secondary details, XDrip is used by a lot of people and for many reasons, especially for the game it gives.

The use of Native G5/G6 algorithm has been in tests for some time, and it works or does not work (the same as other adjustments, which depend on mobile, transmitter versions, etc.), or does it when "it is available", how indicates theown app.But right now what is sure, is Xdrip's own algorithm, if you use by exxcom, and xDrip, you can see what each one interprets (I do not enter if it is better or worse, but different, andIt entails differently).Hopefully the official algorithm can be used soon outside the Dexcom systems (app or receivers) in a reliable way and for all configurations (click button and know what is used if or yes), it is what we want and need all (andThen, too, everyone can decide that they preferI like less because it is much more nervous ... but that will go in the diabetes of each one).

Greetings

pabloj2000
11/18/2018 1 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

I would like to ask those who have already tried the G6 if something really hurts when inserting it.

My son already goes through the fourth sensor and removing the first in others has started crying with pain, and leaves me bewildered because among others one of the advances, is that his insertion is simpler and less painful, but when I squeeze thebutton and the clack sounds it seems that I am shooting them a dart, and the poor man no longer wants to put it on, and I do not think he is doing something wrong since it is very simple.

Pepeluis77's profile photo
Pepeluis77
11/22/2018 5:56 p.m.

Hijo 3 años DM1

I don't know if it makes a lot of noise when inserting it.It may not be pain, if not he hears the crack and scares.Alomejor if you distract it with TV or music may not scare that sound so much.

mjsm's profile photo
mjsm
11/22/2018 6:42 p.m.

pepeluis77 said:
I would like to ask those who have already tried the G6 if something really hurts when inserting it.

My son already goes through the fourth sensor and removing the first in others has started crying with pain, and leaves me bewildered because among others one of the advances, is that his insertion is simpler and less painful, but when I squeeze thebutton and sounds the clack seems that I am shooting them a dart, and the poor man no longer wants to put it on, and I do not think he is doing something bad since it is very simple.

Let's see the click sounds and not little in addition to noticing the vibration in the body but pain nothing, except that there would be a nerve that for now no adult I have heard that he has commented that but it is true that it can happen, but that it passes into three loI doubt.

If the first one did not hurt the others are exactly the same, now I repeat that of having caught some nervous termination in the last three.The noise that makes it put it if I may make the child nervous, hurt does not hurt you can assure you in normal conditions.

With Dexcom G4 and G5, the clicks sounded much less and also made the children nervous, I have put several children because the parents asked me because there was no shape.What he did first was to be playing with them a few days and showing them mine making them up to magic tricks to disappear from a table, children who with their parents formed good tantrums but I think it was more for fear than anything else, and DexcomG4 and G5 squeezing quickly hurt either, but children are more sensitive and are more very logical thing, in addition to being put something in the body that I don't think they like it very much.After playing with them and others the day I was going to put it after having thrown mine until I took the skin sometimes hahaha, what I did was talk to the parents and put the TV before I arrived with the volumeVery strong that they did not realize that that was done because I arrived, half an hour earlier, if they like the TV, they endure without problems without moving.When they saw me they did not pay much attention to me because the TV was and I began to see the drawings with them and made them explain that the drawings were going, when the time came because the glue did it and they stared at me and left itWithout squeezing, and in an oversight he called his father in a very tall voice and hit the squeeze, and when the child realized he had it.

You have to be very careful with them and perhaps if a person who is not the Pope or Mama plays and puts it better, someone even something unknown but who already knows him a little better, this is perhaps like what is usually said he never eatslentils!!!!And then they go to the friend's house and eat three dishes.

Be very patient, also the people who have many diabetes because we are big heads and not little, and what tells us otherwise many times.

It comes a lot of encouragement and see how it goes, but hurt does not hurt be calm, that if the vibration will always notice but it is as if a mobile stuck to the arm will vibrate strong for half a second.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
11/22/2018 7:16 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

Thank you very much Jconegar, in this sense I agree totally with you, I can never forget that he is a child, in the sensor we call him a lego ... that's why my question, I always take advantage of it when we are in bed that I put the iPad with drawingsTo entertain, and when I changed the G5 rarely complained, and I am surprised that with the G6, I cried with mucus lying, when with 4 years freshly fulfilled it is a hard guy, to the point that tells me come to Pope to prick me sinceI'm hungry...

Pepeluis77's profile photo
Pepeluis77
11/23/2018 9:59 a.m.

Hijo 3 años DM1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.