{'en': 'Dexcom G6 - Everything you need to know', 'es': 'Dexcom G6 - Todo lo que necesitas saber'} Image

Dexcom G6 - Everything you need to know

jconegar's profile photo   09/17/2016 12:27 a.m.

jldiazdel said:
I have already put another sensor.After commenting with my wife and reviewing everything I realized that I make a basic manual error.
On Sunday at noon I took a shower and then gave myself a very thick moisturizer.Including the area where I was going to put the sensor in the afternoon.When I put on the sensor in the afternoon I forget to clean the area well before and I put on the sensor so calm.I imagine that they would be remains of cream on the skin.The next day with the running movement and sweat at half an hour he took off until when I realized it was already late and was practically taken off.I wanted to push the sensor again!But it was late.

This lesson is no longer forgotten: clean the area well before putting the sensor!

Forgive had not read previously.When you are going to put the sensor clean area with alcohol and let it dry well and if you can use Skin Tac plus an additional dressing, G6 lasts much more if you do this to most people.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
12/17/2019 11:54 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

jldiazdel said:
@jessvazfer

It must have left defective.I have only been using them for a year and that has never happened to me.Once you squeeze the button, and the sensor is introduced, the insertion system must be very easily separated and the sensor should not be hooked.
Call the house / distributor

GREETING

Thanks for your answer!
Yes, I was safe defective ... The next day I tried another and it was very simple and I had no problem!Now, after a few days of use, what I am noticing is that it loses the signal very often and spend the day lighting and turning off bluetooth, hahaha
But for now the very positive experience to have the hypos controlled, which is the main reason why I decided to try it.
All the best!

Jessica Vázquez's profile photo
Jessica Vázquez
12/20/2019 10:28 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello!
Can you explain how the data transmit the transmitter of the Dexcom G6 to the mobile?
I am thinking of acquiring a G6 (I have G4 with its receiver apart), but I think that if you use Bluetooth, the battery will end very fast?

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
12/22/2019 3:47 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

maritxu22 said:
hello!
Can you explain how the data transmit the transmitter of the Dexcom G6 to the mobile?
I am thinking of acquiring a G6 (I have G4 with its receiver apart), but I think that if you use Bluetooth, the battery will end very fast?

Bluetooth is transmitted.
The battery life will have a lot to do with the mobile you carry and the state of it.
I have g6 with my mobile as a receiver and the battery lasts all day.

mjsm's profile photo
mjsm
12/22/2019 10:19 p.m.

mjsm said:
maritxu22 said:
hello!

Bluetooth is transmitted.
The battery life will have a lot to do with the mobile you carry and the state of it.
I carry G6 with my mobile as a receiver and the battery lasts all day.

What disaster I am I have erased my answer hahaha

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
12/22/2019 10:33 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Thank you so much!I will test with the mobile and leave the bluetooth on, to see how much it endures.

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
12/27/2019 7:27 a.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

@Maritxu22

As I am a bit manic to carry the mobile always very loaded, what I do is that I go on a trip or route, I take with me a mini light loader of load (one for two complete loads) with a very short cable (noThey occupy anything), and with that I am calmer.
I have it connected with an iPhone 6s, and if you spend a little more, but I think the problem is rather with my iPhone that I will have to change one of these days, but it is lazy.
[Ah, I am deactivating the data and the wifi at night, and only left Bluetooth connected, to avoid the typical nightpp of some friend!]

all the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
01/06/2020 3:24 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Hello

Ultimately when I remove the g6 from my belly, I get somewhat red a couple of days and I'm afraid that I generate allergy (I have a very delicate skin).

Two questions.It sounds to me that some you put the g6 on the arm, it sounds like @jconegar once said and some more.Where do you put it?On the side or in the back of the arm (the area that we have more pendant) as recommended by the Abbott.

Does someone get a fixomul or tegaderm type protecutor?And in that case, how do you do?You make a mold with a hole in the center and hit the applicator and then everything to the skin, or directly to the skin, without hole, and then the applicator (I do not know if the sensor would spoil)

Thanks in advance

jldiazdel
02/05/2020 4:45 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

jldiazdel said:
hello

Ultimately when I remove the g6 from my belly, I get somewhat red a couple of days and I'm afraid that I generate allergy (I have a very delicate skin).

Two questions.It sounds to me that some you put the g6 on the arm, it sounds like @jconegar once said and some more.Where do you put it?On the side or in the back of the arm (the area that we have more pendant) as recommended by the Abbott.

Does someone get a fixomul or tegaderm type protecutor?And in that case, how do you do?You make a mold with a hole in the center and hit the applicator and then everything to the skin, or directly to the skin, without hole, and then the applicator (I do not know if the sensor would spoil)

Thanks in advance

Be careful that the nerves I remove protection early, there you have to put it.
On the other hand it is best to use Skin Tac that you can buy in Novalab, in pharmacies they do not sell.
I use an additional apartment Hydrophilm Short 4 pieces and put on Dexcom tape and on skin, and under that piece of aposty also Skin Tac.
Link ;t=5s

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
02/05/2020 5:32 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

Thanks for the video

I didn't know those apostites.I will investigate it.

It is not very clear to me how you put the apostites.I do not need them so that the sensor is not taken but to put them between the sensor and the skin.But I don't know what to do with the central hole of the applicator where the sensor comes out.

But I will look to see if I find any video

thank you

jldiazdel
02/05/2020 5:42 p.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

jldiazdel said:
thanks for the video

I didn't know those apostites.I will investigate it.

It is not very clear to me how you put the apostites.I do not need them so that the sensor is not taken but to put them between the sensor and the skin.But I don't know what to do with the central hole of the applicator where the sensor comes out.

But I will look to see if I find any video

Thanks

@jldiazdel If you put Skin Tac Liquid before putting the sensor, let it dry very very well because if you do not dry you run the risk that the applicator is stuck to the skin and the sensor not between good, it happened to me with2 Freestyles, you can also try 3-4 Nobecuta or Cavilon Spray layers before putting the sensor.-
I use Hansaplast Antirozaduras or Elastoplast Blister with a hole in the middle and they are doing well.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
02/05/2020 8:14 p.m.

@sigsauer

Thank you so much !I will take it into account

jldiazdel
02/05/2020 8:49 p.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

jldiazdel said:
@sigsauer

Thank you so much !I will take it into account

If you let the Skin Tac very well do not paste, in Dexcom does not happen that the applicator is stuck to the skin since the tape between skin and applicator is.You just have to leave it between the Skin Tac and sensor about 30 and dry a little if you leave it more will hold less.But let's not worry that with Dexcom or by Asomo you stay the applicator attached to the skin does not go like the free.I've been doing it for 15 years doing it.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
02/06/2020 9:31 a.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

@jconegar

I have only found some Skin Tac Wipes (Tallitas).I imagine that it will be the same system.Pass the wipe wet through the skin, and wait 30 seconds.

For what I have seen the Hydrofilm looks like Fixomul that I have and that I did well.

For which I understand four rectangular pieces of that apartment.Remove the protection of the sensor tape, where the code comes, and you fight those four apostites to the sensor's tape, thus surrounding the central area.And then you already put the applicator on the skin (after those 30 seconds).Is that correct?

Thank you

jldiazdel
02/06/2020 10:37 a.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

jldiazdel said:
@jconegar

I have only found some Skin Tac Wipes (Tallitas).I imagine that it will be the same system.Pass the wipe wet through the skin, and wait 30 seconds.

For what I have seen the Hydrofilm looks like Fixomul that I have and that I did well.

For which I understand four rectangular pieces of that apartment.Remove the protection of the sensor tape, where the code comes, and you fight those four apostites to the sensor's tape, thus surrounding the central area.And then you already put the applicator on the skin (after those 30 seconds).Is that correct?

Thanks

It is a very old video the first one that I made the image goes through a site and the voice does not go at the same time but everything is understood without problems.There you will see how to use the skin tac, what I do with the ride short in four pieces, each piece is stuck on skin without skin tac and on skin with skin tac, do not put Skin tac "on" tongue if you put it aboveIt will curse you, nothing happens below.
Link ;t=107s

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
02/06/2020 11:39 a.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

@jconegar

The video is very useful, although this synchronized image and voice.These are just the wipes that I have seen.Perfect.

It is clear that you have to continue making more videos

Thank you so much !

jldiazdel
02/06/2020 2:01 p.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

I have already asked the Skin Tac Wipes.In a week when I change the sensor, I will put it in the arm, and thus relax a little belly.And I will use these wipes before.At the moment in the belly I have already taken the area a bit red in the previous sensor, after giving me Bepanthen, but I was worried.The other time with Abbott's, he started like this, and in a couple of times more he ends very badly, with almost burns for the allergic skin reaction.A disaster

At the moment I will not use the fixomull.But if I see that an additional layer of protection is reddened.

I will tell how such

Thanks for the tips and videos

jldiazdel
02/06/2020 3:37 p.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

jconegar said:
nacho said:
mjsm said:
mjsm said:
@nacho I carry an 8G transmitter and restart the sensorsWithout any problem.I do it and hundreds of people.

Thank you very much to all and forgive if I have confused someone with my terminology (as I said before is my second sensor).
I see that many comment that you restart them without problems, my doubt is, with compatible mobiles and the official receiver ????or using other systems?
As I tell you, I take it with an iPhone, the first sensor although it gave me a sensor failure problems I could restart it to the first (with the 15 -minute method) but this is impossible to me (I have tried by disnunclying it from the phone and nothing)I do not know if there is any other way and if you were so kind of putting a link here (if you can) because no matter how much I sail online I can't find anything (I don't have Facebook and I don't know if I should do it.

Look your private messages, the error has been mine, I do not have superior or lower technical studies hahaha, and well when it is a sensor it is a sensor and when it is a transmitter it is transmitter what it is well, but that I was going for my man.In the first comment that I make I put restart but in the second I put reset I will see if I study one more pelin because you have to be careful and in passing I have to give something, they even denounce me for not writing right in the corresponding section.
Sensor restarts
Transmitter is reset
Let's see if it is already clear to me at once;)
On the other hand there are certain issues to put them here I avoid them because everyone reads, check out the private ones.
As the companions have told you the sensors are restarted as it is without any problem use the app you use.

Hello,

I have a transmitter 81xxxx and my question is:

People who restart the sensor. Is it because you use the official Dexcom G6 app?It is that with Spike I think it is not necessary

I do not use the official app and use spike and never restart the sensor what happens that after 10 days it no longer measures me so well and it is not very accurate, I am doing it wrong and I need to restart the sensor so lookBad to see if I am doing things wrong.

I have also tried the XDrip but after 10 days I get the “sensor error” and this error takes hours to disappear and meanwhile I do not get reading.In the days of 11 to 15 I may come out once this error once a day but then I get several times a day and lose readings for a long time that in Spike does not happen to me so I prefer it to Xdrip.

Let's see if someone can also comment on their experience with the official Dexcom G6 app or with the two unofficial apps XDrip and Spike.

And since we are if you told me how the sensor is reset better.It is in case I need an 8G transmitter in the future.Better for MP

fer123's profile photo
fer123
02/07/2020 8:21 p.m.

I have already released a sensor in the arm, putting Skin Tac before and the truth is working just as well as in the belly!

Thank you very much for the videos @jconegar!

jldiazdel
02/16/2020 1 p.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Hello

Just tell you something curious that happened to me yesterday with a new sensor.

Well, first comment that I always stay at the beginning with the label where the sensor code comes (with which it is activated) because once you start a sensor and after about 15 minutes I looked at the mobile, to see if it kept starting withoutproblems, and the message came out, put a new sensor!When he had already started.I put the photo code photo again, started the 2 -hour process again and this time it worked perfectly.Something weird.

Yesterday start another sensor and look at 15 minutes.You know that during those two hours without readings, the sensor sends information regularly, although it does not show it to us.Well, this time I got on the screen: reading error and told me to wait up to three hours.At 30 minutes I looked at the app and already said: sensor error changed it for another.Ahh.Although the message was different from the one again that I have commented and looked bad, tried to restart the sensor again with the code that had remained.And he did the same again.At 15 m, error wait up to 3 hours, and at the other 15 m change the sensor!I gave up and change the sensor.

The surprise was when I take care of the sensor very careful (I have enough allergy to all the glue) and I saw that I had no filament !!Thus of course it was impossible to work.Some manufacturing error or by inserting something failure and the needle does not take the sensor filament.

I imagine that it is something very rare that can happen (so I hope), but well.The next sensor already worked.

Greetings, and I hope you don't have this problem

jldiazdel
02/26/2020 10:35 a.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.