{'en': 'Dexcom G6 - Everything you need to know', 'es': 'Dexcom G6 - Todo lo que necesitas saber'} Image

Dexcom G6 - Everything you need to know

jconegar's profile photo   09/17/2016 12:27 a.m.

The alarm is of several beeps (strong and very annoying, it is heard!) And you can configure a special alarm for the nights.I during the day (6:30 to 22:00) I have the alarm from 90 to 200 and for the nights (22: 00-6: 30) from 75 to 180.

There is a quick downward alarm to 55 Q you cannot change and it is very very useful.He warns you that in 20 m you will be "bad" (in 55) and tells you that you do something fast!

The alarm is from the mobile, of the app.The transmitter only sends glucose measurement every 5 m to the mobile.

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
10/06/2019 8:32 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

jldiazdel said:
The alarm is of several beeps (strong and very annoying, it is heard!) And you can configure a special alarm for the nights.I during the day (6:30 to 22:00) I have the alarm from 90 to 200 and for the nights (22: 00-6: 30) from 75 to 180.

There is a quick downward alarm to 55 Q you cannot change and it is very very useful.He warns you that in 20 m you will be "bad" (in 55) and tells you that you do something fast!

The alarm is from the mobile, of the app.The transmitter only sends glucose measurement every 5 m to the mobile.

In the end I will take some EBAY sensors from a UK saleswoman and a Novalab transmitter from Spain, although you buy both of you in Spain and another in UK, can I use them equally true?

fer123's profile photo
fer123
10/09/2019 12:04 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Yes, I don't see the problem.I hope that eBay sensors are well with expiration dates!But I suppose you will not have problems.

I do not know in Spain, but here in Germany to use Dexcom you have first to register as a user on their page.They forced me to do an interactive course of one hour before they teach you to use it and then sign a paper saying that you have understood how you use and take responsibility.Otherwise, have nothing to send!Maybe in Spain it is not necessary.In any case, look at all the videos of your page and information.When you lower the Dexcom app ask you the user and password that you have registered on the web.All sensor records are passed to Clarity.On the clarity page when you enter with your user and password (after using the sensor some days) you will see very interesting graphics and statistics.

The transmitter lasts "officially" 3 months and the sensors 10 days.Many users lengthen them, but I can't advise you on that.

All the best

jldiazdel
10/09/2019 11:23 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

jldiazdel said:
yes, I don't see the problem.I hope that eBay sensors are well with expiration dates!But I suppose you will not have problems.

I do not know in Spain, but here in Germany to use Dexcom you have first to register as a user on their page.They forced me to do an interactive course of one hour before they teach you to use it and then sign a paper saying that you have understood how you use and take responsibility.Otherwise, have nothing to send!Maybe in Spain it is not necessary.In any case, look at all the videos of your page and information.When you lower the Dexcom app ask you the user and password that you have registered on the web.All sensor records are passed to Clarity.On the clarity page when you enter with your user and password (after using the sensor some days) you will see very interesting graphics and statistics.

The transmitter lasts "officially" 3 months and the sensors 10 days.Many users lengthen them, but I can't advise you on that.

All the best

I was a free freestyle user and a couple of times they took off and called to claim and they sent me a new twice.Do you know if this guarantee also exists with Dexcom?That is, if it takes off or does not work well, the sensor usually sends you another new

fer123's profile photo
fer123
10/09/2019 10:38 p.m.

No idea!

Everything sticks on my skin :)

I never had that problem with Abbott or Dexcom sensors for the moment

jldiazdel
10/10/2019 4:27 p.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

fer123 said:
jconegar said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
some you will have seen it: they are already working on the nextG7!

Link
Link

jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
some will have seen it: they are already working on the following G7!

Link
Link

You already want to arrive the new Dexcom G7 only by size it is worth it, although the results are already improving that of G6 is complicated !!!

Hello,

I am determined to buy the Dexcom G6 for the first time but I have many doubts and I am very lost, I am not sure what I have to buy, so I think I have to buy essentially:

- Sensor
- Transmitter

Then there are packs that make the most economical purchase but the Dexcom G6 receiver costs a paste (€ 550), I think I have read that the smartphone can be used as a receiver, if so, do I no longer have to buy the 550 550 Dexcom G6 receiver€In case it is affirmative, can I extend the life of the transmitter and the sensor with the smartphone?

Finally, is there any recommendation to buy this product more economically?I am trying to buy it in Dexcom UK but neither sensors nor transmitters or starting kits appears to buy it, the only thing I could be to fill in a form and later a commercial will be put in contact with me.I have read that the starting kit in UK cost 159 pounds but it seems to me that they only sell it to you at that price the first time you buy it, then 51 pounds every sensor comes out that is still much cheaper than in Spain.

When you mention the Skin Tac I have searched and it is not clear to me if it is a glue or a wipe with alcohol that cleans the area to hit better.Could you give an example of the aposty that you mention so that it is better stuck?I don't know if you mean a relationship like these

Sorry I did not get the notification warning, Skin Tac I mean this, it is the first video that records this bad recorded but to see what there is no problems.
Link

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
10/10/2019 10:09 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

I am thinking of buying the Miao Miao for the free free style, should I buy it?or the Dexcom G6 is already covered in the Spanish Social Security (I am from the Valencian Community).Or how long will it take to cover it

Thanks in advance

Jose3332's profile photo
Jose3332
10/14/2019 11:01 p.m.

TIPO I
Con Apidra y Toujeo.
HBA1c 6%

jldiazdel said:
yes, I don't see the problem.I hope that eBay sensors are well with expiration dates!But I suppose you will not have problems.

All the best

The sensors just arrived, I have no receiver, only my Samsung mobile.

Now I have to download an app called XDrip but I meet 2 and I don't know which is the good

XDRIP BETA BETA6 V2.0.6_1 UPDATE 1 Link
Nightscout xDrip+ Link

Now, to start the sensor, do I have to do it with XDRIP or the official app?First start the sensor with the official app and then I continue with XDRIP or how is it?

fer123's profile photo
fer123
10/14/2019 11:53 p.m.

jconegar said:
fer123 said:
jconegar said:
jconegar said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
Some will have seen it: they are already working on the following G7!

Link
Link

jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:

Link
Link

You already want to arrive the new Dexcom G7 only by size it is worth it, although the results are already improving that of G6 is complicated !!!

Hello,

I am determined to buy the Dexcom G6 for the first time but I have many doubts and I am very lost, I am not sure what I have to buy, so I think I have to buy essentially:

- Sensor
- Transmitter

Then there are packs that make the most economical purchase but the Dexcom G6 receiver costs a paste (€ 550), I think I have read that the smartphone can be used as a receiver, if so, do I no longer have to buy the 550 550 Dexcom G6 receiver€In case it is affirmative, can I extend the life of the transmitter and the sensor with the smartphone?

Finally, is there any recommendation to buy this product more economically?I am trying to buy it in Dexcom UK but neither sensors nor transmitters or starting kits appears to buy it, the only thing I could be to fill in a form and later a commercial will be put in contact with me.I have read that the starting kit in UK cost 159 pounds but it seems to me that they only sell it to you at that price the first time you buy it, then 51 pounds every sensor comes out that is still much cheaper than in Spain.

When you mention the Skin Tac I have searched and it is not clear to me if it is a glue or a wipe with alcohol that cleans the area to hit better.Could you give an example of the aposty that you mention so that it is better stuck?I don't know if you mean a relationship like these

Sorry I did not get the notification warning, Skin Tac I mean this, it is the first video that records this bad recorded but to see what there is no problems.
Link

In Dexcom's instructions he says that it can only be placed in the belly but I think I have read that it can be placed in arms and legs, is it?

fer123's profile photo
fer123
10/15/2019 1:14 a.m.

Yeah.

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
10/15/2019 5:20 p.m.

fer123 said:
jconegar said:
fer123 said:
fer123 said:
jconegar said:
jconegar said:
jconegar said:
jconegar said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
Some will have seen it: they are already working on the following G7!

Link
Link

jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:

Link
Link

Hello,

- Sensor
- Transmitter

Link

In Dexcom's instructions he says that it can only be placed in the belly but I think I have read that it can be placed in arms and legs. Is that so?

In the arms to a large majority it is where they last, you can put it anywhere in the body with a little chicha.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
10/15/2019 5:26 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

-

Jose3332 said:

In the Valencian Community are all the financed meters: Flash, Medtronic and Dexcom Meter.Ask your endocrine.

mjsm's profile photo
mjsm
10/16/2019 8:04 p.m.

Hello everyone!
After being a user of the Dexcom G4 and G5 I have passed to the G6.In total I have about six sensors and although I am happy with its operation I have a small problem, they last very little.

Normally the sensors do not pass from 12-14 days, just over what Dexcom guarantees.I use Skin Tak and cover the sensor with an additional dressing, the same as I did with the previous versions.The location is always in the abdomen.

I have read that there are people who are able to extend their duration for many days.Any advice?Is it better to place them in the arms?Any recommended dressing?

Thanks in advance.

biker_DT1's profile photo
biker_DT1
10/19/2019 7:16 p.m.

biker_dt1 said:
hello everyone!
After being a user of the Dexcom G4 and G5 I have passed to the G6.In total I have about six sensors and although I am happy with its operation I have a small problem, they last very little.

Normally the sensors do not pass from 12-14 days, just over what Dexcom guarantees.I use Skin Tak and cover the sensor with an additional dressing, the same as I did with the previous versions.The location is always in the abdomen.

I have read that there are people who are able to extend their duration for many days.Any advice?Is it better to place them in the arms?Any recommended dressing?

Thanks in advance.

In the arms they last longer as a general rule, think that they do not move so much.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
10/20/2019 1:08 a.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

jconegar said:
biker_dt1 said:
hello everyone!

Thanks in advance.

In the arms they last more as a general rule, think that they do not move so much.

Thanks for the answer!

biker_DT1's profile photo
biker_DT1
10/21/2019 8:35 a.m.

jconegar said:
fer123 said:
jconegar said:
jconegar said:
fer123 said:
fer123 said:
fer123 said:
fer123 said:
jconegar said:
jconegar said:
jconegar said:
jconegar said:
jconegar said:
jconegar said:
jconegar said:
jconegar said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
some will have seen it: they are already working on the next G7!

Link
Link

jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:

Link
Link

Hello,

- Sensor
- Transmitter

Link

In Dexcom's instructions he says that it can only be placed in the belly but I think I have read that it can be placed in arms and legs. Is that so?

In the arms to a large majority it is where they last, you can put it anywhere in the body with a little chicha.

jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
no idea!

Another query, I am currently using the G6 CPN sensor the XDrip+app, how can I know when the sensor is over?It is that lately I disconnect a lot, almost as long as I look at it is disconnected and I have to give "restart the collector" to connect, the sensor has 8 days so theoretically it has not yet ended.

fer123's profile photo
fer123
10/22/2019 10:25 p.m.

jconegar said:
biker_dt1 said:
hello everyone!

Thanks in advance.

In the arms they last more as a general rule, think that they do not move so much.

Hello,

Any tutorial to restart sensors?Is it true that the 15 -minute method no longer works with the new transmitters?

Does the sensor restart when 10 days arrive or before 10 days arrive?

fer123's profile photo
fer123
10/22/2019 11:10 p.m.

fer123 said:
jconegar said:
fer123 said:
fer123 said:
jconegar said:
jconegar said:
jconegar said:
jconegar said:
fer123 said:
fer123 said:
fer123 said:
fer123 said:
fer123 said:
fer123 said:
fer123 said:
fer123 said:
jconegar said:
jconegar said:
jconegar said:
jconegar said:
jconegar said:
jconegar said:
jconegar said:
jconegar said:
jconegar said:
jconegar said:
jconegar said:
jconegar said:
jconegar said:
jconegar said:
jconegar said:
jconegar said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
some you will have seen: they are already working inThe following G7!

Link
Link

jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:

Link
Link

Hello,

- Sensor
- Transmitter

Link

jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
no idea!

Another query, I am currently using the G6 CPN sensor the XDrip+app, how can I know when the sensor is over?It is that lately I am very disconnected, almost as long as I look at it is disconnected and I have to give it to "restart the collector" to connect, the sensor has 8 days so theory has not yet ended up.

Without being a Dexcom user, I can tell you that the disconnections will be due to lack of transmitter loading or a Bluetooth configuration that is not completely adjusted in XDRIP and is producing disconnections, especially if you have a Samsung phone.
On the other hand look on the phone if you haveExcluded XDRIP in battery savings options, almost all current smartphones have a battery savings option and deactivates the applications that consume many resources.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
10/23/2019 9:16 a.m.

jldiazdel said:
@fer123

Hello, I use DG6 with iPhone 6s and it works perfect.And TB with the iWatch.I have installed iOS 13 and without problems.I do not have the receiver, it seemed very expensive and it is not necessary

There are many people who extend the life of the sensors and transmitters, but I do not do it for fear of that I have a lot of time.

GREETING

jconegar said:
fer123 said:
jconegar said:
jconegar said:
fer123 said:
fer123 said:
fer123 said:
fer123 said:
jconegar said:
jconegar said:
jconegar said:
jconegar said:
jconegar said:
jconegar said:
jconegar said:
jconegar said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
some will have seen it: they are already working on the next G7!

Link
Link

jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:

Link
Link

Hello,

- Sensor
- Transmitter

Link

Hello.How can I know that the sensor or transmitter is over?What is the signal?My sensor has 12 days and no longer takes a signal or the Dexcom G6 or XDrip+app.I have not had a signal for more than 12 hours.It's my first sensor to see if you can help me.

All the best

fer123's profile photo
fer123
10/28/2019 12:33 p.m.

Sensor: Many questions (???)
Transmitter: Do not connect.

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
10/28/2019 12:53 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.