{'en': 'Dexcom G6 - Everything you need to know', 'es': 'Dexcom G6 - Todo lo que necesitas saber'} Image

Dexcom G6 - Everything you need to know

jconegar's profile photo   09/17/2016 12:27 a.m.

Hello everyone!!!I have not written even if I read you in the shadow.After a long time of having left my Dexcom G4 I am considering re -retaking continuous monitoring with the new Dexcom G6.The only thing that takes me back is the price.Navigating the web I have found this blog Link in whichThey explain (and does not seem very complicated) how to buy it in UK.My question would be if someone has bought it in UK and if it really is simple (it is that economically the monthly pack that is € 450 there comes to come out for about € 200 including shipping home, and it seems to me a pass).

PS: I still have a G4 sensor that I did not get to put me through a "fight" time with the machines, although it is expired if someone believes that it could serve him to send me a private and see how to do it (I do not intend to sell it, if not donate), and I also have the receiver.The only thing I don't have, because the battery is over, it is the transmitter.

All the best

nacho's profile photo
nacho
10/28/2019 9:43 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

nacho said:

PS: I still have a G4 sensor that I did not get to put me through a "fight" time with the machines, although it is expired if someone believes that it could serve him to send me a private and see how to do it (I do not intend to sell it, if not donate), and I also have the receiver.The only thing I don't have, because the battery is over, it is the transmitter.
GREETING

Hello, even if it is expired, it will work perfectly, and with respect to the G4, you can change the stack to the transmitter (search YouTube "Dexcom Battery Replacement" and you will see how to do it), with it you will have a new transmitter and you can spend that sensor, andContinue using it again if you want, since you have everything (receiver and transmitter)

Regarding the new 8G transmitters that have already circulated several months ago (and they are already arriving in Europe), they are being very "interesting", typical of Dexcom with their evolutions, in my view, and my advice, very personal, andDue to various known "characteristics" that have - you can seek information in various forums, especially international, now that their "peculiarities" come to light, but they were there for months - if you can, today, avoid them, do not touch them or with a stick, if you cost you the treatment and it implies an effort ... if they give it or finance, the change is irrelevant.

Greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
10/28/2019 10:32 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Pabloj2000 said:
nacho said:

GREETING

Hello, even if it is expired, it will work perfectly, and with respect to the G4, you can change the stack to the transmitter (search YouTube "Dexcom Battery Replacement" and you will see how to do it), with it you will have a new transmitter and you can spend that sensor, andContinue using it again if you want, since you have everything (receiver and transmitter)

Regarding the new 8G transmitters that have already circulated several months ago (and they are already arriving in Europe), they are being very "interesting", typical of Dexcom with their evolutions, in my view, and my advice, very personal, andDue to various known "characteristics" that have - you can seek information in various forums, especially international, now that their "peculiarities" come to light, but they were there for months - if you can, today, avoid them, do not touch them or with a stick, if you cost you the treatment and it implies an effort ... if they give it or finance, the change is irrelevant.

Greetings

And how can you avoid 8G transmitters?

Are they in Spain, UK or Germany?If you know in any country that they don't have 8G it would be good to say it.

fer123's profile photo
fer123
10/31/2019 3:56 p.m.

mamarvazq said:
sensor: many questions (???)
Transmitter: Do not connect.

Do you mean that you give those signals in the official app, in XDRIP or in Spike?

fer123's profile photo
fer123
10/31/2019 3:57 p.m.

Don't know.
Try it and explain it to us.

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
10/31/2019 6:50 p.m.

sigsauer said:
fer123 said:
jconegar said:
jconegar said:
fer123 said:
fer123 said:
fer123 said:
fer123 said:
Some will have seen it: they are already working on the next G7!

Link
Link

jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
jldiazdel said:
some will have seen it: they are already working on the following G7!

Link
Link

You already want to arrive the new Dexcom G7 only by size it is worth it, although the results are already improving that of G6 is complicated !!!

Hello,

I am determined to buy the Dexcom G6 for the first time but I have many doubts and I am very lost, I am not sure what I have to buy, so I think I have to buy essentially:

- Sensor
- Transmitter

Then there are packs that make the most economical purchase but the Dexcom G6 receiver costs a paste (€ 550), I think I have read that the smartphone can be used as a receiver, if so, do I no longer have to buy the 550 550 Dexcom G6 receiver€In case it is affirmative, can I extend the life of the transmitter and the sensor with the smartphone?

Finally, is there any recommendation to buy this product more economically?I am trying to buy it in Dexcom UK but neither sensors nor transmitters or starting kits appears to buy it, the only thing I could be to fill in a form and later a commercial will be put in contact with me.I have read that the starting kit in UK cost 159 pounds but it seems to me that they only sell it to you at that price the first time you buy it, then 51 pounds every sensor comes out that is still much cheaper than in Spain.

When you mention the Skin Tac I have searched and it is not clear to me if it is a glue or a wipe with alcohol that cleans the area to hit better.Could you give an example of the aposty that you mention so that it is better stuck?I don't know if you mean a relationship like these

Sorry I did not get the notification warning, Skin Tac I mean this, it is the first video that records this bad recorded but to see what there is no problems.
Link

In Dexcom's instructions he says that it can only be placed in the belly but I think I have read that it can be placed in arms and legs. Is that so?

In the arms to a large majority it is where they last, you can put it anywhere in the body with a little chicha.

jldiazdel said:
no idea!

Everything sticks on my skin :)

I never had that problem with Abbott or Dexcom sensors for the moment

Another query, I am currently using the G6 CPN sensor the XDrip+app, how can I know when the sensor is over?It is that lately I am very disconnected, almost as long as I look at it is disconnected and I have to give it to "restart the collector" to connect, the sensor has 8 days so theory has not yet ended up.

Without being a Dexcom user, I can tell you that the disconnections will be due to lack of transmitter loading or a Bluetooth configuration that is not completely adjusted in XDRIP and is producing disconnections, especially if you have a Samsung phone.
ByAnother part looks on the phone if you have excluded XDRIP in battery savings options, almost all current smartphones have a battery savings option and deactivates the applications that consume many resources.

I need help.I need to make a calibration in XDRIP but I only find a section that puts initial calibration and when I put two values ​​after a few minutes it tells me insufficient calibration and rejects the calibration I wanted to know if there is any other section to put a calibration.But how can I not reject my calibration?

fer123's profile photo
fer123
11/13/2019 11:50 a.m.

Good to all !!!!Finally I did not risk and acquired the Dexcom G6 in Spain.After about 8 days of use the sensor gave me error, I called Novalab and they sent me a new one (since I had not reached 10 days guaranteed by Dexcom).Even so, with the sensor failures I used a few more days to do the sensor reset test and managed to restart it and work (although with the sensor failures).
I have used a second sensor that has worked much better, but what has been my surprise to verify that the sensor cannot be restarted !!!As I have seen online, it is because my transmitter is new, of those that begin with 8gxxxx.On the Internet I have seen another method that is not 15 minutes without a code and restart it again, but "forgetting" the transmitter on the iPhone but it doesn't work for me either.I do not know if I am very clumsy or that these transmitters do not allow the sensor to restart.
If someone could put a link of the process to follow, I would appreciate it greatly (because it must be that I am very clumsy since I find nothing more online)

Thank you very much in advance

nacho's profile photo
nacho
11/30/2019 12:08 p.m.

nacho said:
good to all !!!!Finally I did not risk and acquired the Dexcom G6 in Spain.After about 8 days of use the sensor gave me error, I called Novalab and they sent me a new one (since I had not reached 10 days guaranteed by Dexcom).Even so, with the sensor failures I used a few more days to do the sensor reset test and managed to restart it and work (although with the sensor failures).
I have used a second sensor that has worked much better, but what has been my surprise to verify that the sensor cannot be restarted !!!As I have seen online, it is because my transmitter is new, of those that begin with 8gxxxx.On the Internet I have seen another method that is not 15 minutes without a code and restart it again, but "forgetting" the transmitter on the iPhone but it doesn't work for me either.I do not know if I am very clumsy or that these transmitters do not allow the sensor to restart.
If someone could put a link of the process to follow, I would appreciate it greatly (because it must be that I am very clumsy since I find nothing more online)

They allow the restart without any problem carrying the transmitter that it carries is indifferent and zero difficulty, everyone can restart.
Here I say well I say restart, I don't have to change anything.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
11/30/2019 1:45 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Thank you for answering Jconegar, because the truth is that I do not know, it has put me this morning that it has detected that the sensor is not new, that it cannot be reused and when reading on the Internet that with the last transmitters you cannot, then, thenI thought it was so.
Of course this morning has not left me, that's why I said it, I have done the 15 minutes without code and then with code and detects that the sensor has not been inserted, I don't know why it will be

nacho's profile photo
nacho
11/30/2019 3:55 p.m.

The 8G or Firefly transmitters cannot be reset today, that they do not confuse you with that, although it has read that, with what it implies (which is no nonsense for many people), namely, not being able to use the official application, not being able to use receiver and/or devices that use their software (eg, bombs), or after 3 months, or change battery (detects expired transmitter).Regardless of its subsequent duration duration in case it could be reset, which is another already known topic and play the manufacturer;81 There is some specific version that is reported with the same problem (even if it carries the big battery, but does not leave reset).For sensor reset, another totally different thing, with more or less work and discomfort, how it was initially with the firstNow logically it does not work), you can get it, sometimes not the first, or the second ... even users are not capable (or do not want to continue fighting with it, each one can read comments from people inInternational forums with thousands of users), but it will be polished, or that is expected (the 8G has been a step back for the underground world and "Pay out of pocket" if you want to see it like that, since it is all obstacles -ForThe "official" world is indifferent, which lasts a tranMisor or the problems of restartAmong other things, connecting a clock directly, specifically Apple -with the safety requirements that Apple demands -... something that has been done for many years and already with a G5 and a Simlpe Smartwatch, where you do not need neither receiver or mobile, the clock itself directly and autonomously, #wearenotwaiting more than ever)

And I insist, you cannot reset an 8G transmitter today, it is possible that in the future it can be, but today you cannot, and they have made it quite difficult (and once that is over, the second part remainsof the battery, of course, its new reduced and "forced" capacity to limit your life, and again your impossibility of resetting it).The previous G6 and G5, you reset them and had extra operation 2-3 months, since the battery still had capacity, with any official device-Software (let's say that you squeeze the duration of 2 transmitters, at the price of 1),And then you could "solve" the theme of the battery, and start over.Not now.

Simply a purmedly technical contribution, if someone can affect or are interested in knowing that (of course that for many people they are irrelevant, hopefully for everyone was irrelevant, it would be a good sign).

Greetings

pabloj2000
11/30/2019 4:36 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

nacho said:
good to all !!!!Finally I did not risk and acquired the Dexcom G6 in Spain.After about 8 days of use the sensor gave me error, I called Novalab and they sent me a new one (since I had not reached 10 days guaranteed by Dexcom).Even so, with the sensor failures I used a few more days to do the sensor reset test and managed to restart it and work (although with the sensor failures).

Ufffff everything I have read right now hahaha, you talk about sensors just like me, let's not confuse what you talk is to reset the sensor not the transmitter and as I have told you all the sensors are reset without any problem or difficulty inAny type of transmitter.You cannot restart with the 15 min almost none, it is another method not complicated.
As I have confirmed you, you are talking about sensors, I don't know this mess now with the transmitters when no one talks about them right now.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
11/30/2019 5:07 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

@Nacho I carry an 8G transmitter and restart the sensors without any problem.I do it and hundreds of people.

mjsm's profile photo
mjsm
11/30/2019 5:46 p.m.

Only a technical fact

nacho said:

Correct ... I point out that you have spoken correctly in your exposure ... the sensors are restarted, the transmitters are reset (one thing is reset, and another thing is substart).It is interesting not to confuse or mix concepts, if it is not specified to avoid confusion, they are usually associated, which is logical and evident.
And many restart the sensors, hundreds and thousands .... but no one reset an 8g.In any case there is that technical information about them, which never hurts, and someone may consider interesting (or not)

Greetings

pabloj2000
11/30/2019 6 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

mjsm said:
@nacho I carry an 8g transmitter and restart the sensors without any problem absolutely.I do it and hundreds of people.

Thank you very much to all and forgive if I have confused someone with my terminology (as I said before is my second sensor).
I see that many comment that you restart them without problems, my doubt is, with compatible mobiles and the official receiver ????or using other systems?
As I tell you, I take it with an iPhone, the first sensor although it gave me a sensor failure problems I could restart it to the first (with the 15 -minute method) but this is impossible to me (I have tried by disnunclying it from the phone and nothing)I do not know if there is any other way and if you were so kind of putting a link here (if you can) because no matter how much I sail on the Internet I can't find anything (I don't have Facebook and I don't know if I should do it.

nacho's profile photo
nacho
11/30/2019 6:20 p.m.

nacho said:
mjsm said:
@nacho I carry an 8g transmitter and restart the sensors without any problem absolutely.I do it and hundreds of people.

Thank you very much to all and forgive if I have confused someone with my terminology (as I said before is my second sensor).
I see that many comment that you restart them without problems, my doubt is, with compatible mobiles and the official receiver ????or using other systems?
As I tell you, I take it with an iPhone, the first sensor although it gave me a sensor failure problems I could restart it to the first (with the 15 -minute method) but this is impossible to me (I have tried by disnunclying it from the phone and nothing)I do not know if there is any other way and if you were so kind of putting a link here (if you can) because no matter how much I sail online I can't find anything (I don't have Facebook and I don't know if I should do it.

Look your private messages, the error has been mine, I do not have superior or lower technical studies hahaha, and well when it is a sensor it is a sensor and when it is a transmitter it is transmitter what it is well, but that I was going for my man.In the first comment that I make I put restart but in the second I put reset I will see if I study one more pelin because you have to be careful and in passing I have to give something, they even denounce me for not writing right in the corresponding section.
Sensor restarts
Transmitter is reset
Let's see if it is already clear to me at once;)
On the other hand there are certain issues to put them here I avoid them because everyone reads, check out the private ones.
As the companions have told you the sensors are restarted as it is without any problem use the app you use.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
11/30/2019 6:26 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

jconegar said:
nacho said:
mjsm said:
mjsm said:
@nacho I carry an 8G transmitter and restart the sensorsWithout any problem.I do it and hundreds of people.

As I tell you, I take it with an iPhone, the first sensor although it gave me a sensor failure problems I could restart it to the first (with the 15 -minute method) but this is impossible to me (I have tried by disnunclying it from the phone and nothing)I do not know if there is any other way and if you were so kind of putting a link here (if you can) because no matter how much I sail online I can't find anything (I don't have Facebook and I don't know if I should do it.

Look your private messages, the error has been mine, I do not have superior or lower technical studies hahaha, and well when it is a sensor it is a sensor and when it is a transmitter it is transmitter what it is well, but that I was going for my man.In the first comment that I make I put restart but in the second I put reset I will see if I study one more pelin because you have to be careful and in passing I have to give something, they even denounce me for not writing right in the corresponding section.
Sensor restarts
Transmitter is reset
Let's see if it is already clear to me at once;)
On the other hand there are certain issues to put them here I avoid them because everyone reads, check out the private ones.
As the companions have told you the sensors are restarted as it is without any problem use the app you use.

Hahahaha, if I believe that we are all more or less the same did not bothered me at any time and I hope I have not bothered anyone.

In this little impass between messages .... I have managed to restart it !!!!!!Worst of all, I don't know how hahahahaha;But well, thanks to your deprived and that I have ten days safer than the next one will be easier.
I insist very much thanks to everyone for the contributions, you are great.

nacho's profile photo
nacho
11/30/2019 6:43 p.m.

Hello!I just acquired the G6 start kit and when I went to insert my first sensor I have had a problem: the sensor needle has been introduced into my skin but the inserted insertion system has been hooked and I have not been able to remove it until someMinutes and after making a lot of strength and breaking the sensor ... In fact, a PRTE of it is still subject to the insertion system.
I have seen videos and the withdrawal seems simple and without having to make strength (similar to when you place free), has something happened to someone?It looks like it is defective, but I don't know if maybe I will have placed it badly ...

Jessvazfer's profile photo
Jessvazfer
12/15/2019 11:30 p.m.

@Jesvazfer

It must have left defective.I have only been using them for a year and that has never happened to me.Once you squeeze the button, and the sensor is introduced, the insertion system must be very easily separated and the sensor should not be hooked.
Call the house / distributor

all the best

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
12/16/2019 10:51 a.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Well, I thought about that everything was hit like an ace in my skin, now I was running and the sensor has taken off completely.I couldn't believe it.And I put it yesterday!
What a disaster
Luckily in the office I always have an akku check of security / control

jldiazdel
12/16/2019 12:59 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

I have already put another sensor.After commenting with my wife and reviewing everything I realized that I make a basic manual error.
On Sunday at noon I took a shower and then gave myself a very thick moisturizer.Including the area where I was going to put the sensor in the afternoon.When I put on the sensor in the afternoon I forget to clean the area well before and I put on the sensor so calm.I imagine that they would be remains of cream on the skin.The next day with the running movement and sweat at half an hour he took off until when I realized it was already late and was practically taken off.I wanted to push the sensor again!But it was late.

This lesson is no longer forgotten: clean the area well before putting the sensor!

jldiazdel
12/17/2019 11:30 a.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.