{'en': 'Free Freestyle - Sensor Error', 'es': 'Freestyle Libre - Error del sensor'} Image

Free Freestyle - Sensor Error

pacovillar69's profile photo   09/16/2016 9:28 a.m.

Rubioares said:
I have never calibrated the sensors.Occasionally I have verified glucometer and comparison with blood analytics with similar results.The sensor is reliable.
And if it is not, I prefer to trust him and not suffer obsessions-compulsive obsessions.

Do not trust Him, I do not think it is obsessive-compulsive, but be consistent and recognize that sometimes the results are not reliable

vanessa30's profile photo
vanessa30
09/21/2021 3:25 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Mcnulty I calibrate three times the first day and the days I see rare data in the apps I use.Compare Libreview with Diabox and the Free glucometer.The three values ​​never coincide :)
The capillary always approaches or coincides with the glucometer and Diabox, the freeview can go 30 mg/dl or more, they have never missed me.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/23/2021 10:51 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I just put a new sensor and after the waiting time tells me twice I wait 10 minutes, I have waited and now tells me: Sensor exhausted.

Do you know why this happens?

I will claim the sensor, but there will be no data to give, right?I have only claimed one who died at 7 days.

I have put another one, to see if it works.I was going to have dinner, but I better wait to do it once I pass the 60 minutes, right?Normally, I do nothing at the time and I have now doubt that surely there has been a lot of talk here.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
10/01/2021 10:17 p.m.

@Anaisabel, but look at capillary and dinner.
The PQ passes I don't know, but it happens and lately I have heard that they are failing more than normal

vanessa30
10/01/2021 10:35 p.m.

Nothing happens, you have a bad one.Llama, they will ask for the sensor number, the error code and they will replace it without problem.
To wait for dinner, because I do not know, I would have dinner, but to speak those who have more experience ...

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
10/01/2021 10:37 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

In the end, I have waited for the time.This works.
On Monday I will call to replace the other.
Thank you

Anaisabel
10/01/2021 11:59 p.m.

anaisabel said:
I just put a new sensor and after the waiting time it tells me twice waiting 10 minutes, I have waited and now tells me: Sensor exhausted.

Do you know why this happens?

I will claim the sensor, but there will be no data to give, right?I have only claimed one who died at 7 days.

I have put another one, to see if it works.I was going to have dinner, but I better wait to do it once I pass the 60 minutes, right?Normally, I do nothing at the time and I have now doubt that surely there has been a lot of talk here.

If you have started it, you have the serial number and the error identifier, with that enough.

Cristóbal Cortés's profile photo
Cristóbal Cortés
10/03/2021 2:08 p.m.

vanessa30 said:
rubioares said:
I have never calibrated the sensors.Occasionally I have verified glucometer and comparison with blood analytics with similar results.The sensor is reliable.
And if it is not, I prefer to trust him and not suffer obsessions-compulsive obsessions.

Do not trust Him, I do not think it is obsessive-compulsive, but be consistent and recognize that sometimes the results are not reliable

Correct.What needs to be done is to follow it initially for about six hours after it starts, which is the period in which the readings must stabilize.In my experience, there is a systematic error on the slope (= more error at the highest level of glucose), which is normally only 5-10 mg/dl at 100 mg/dl, but sometimes reaches 50 mg/dl.But the sensor continues to work well and reflects the variations.So, what you have to do is see after a few hours what value it is giving with respect to the capillary, and keep that for the remaining 14 days.

I also believe that that has nothing to do with the sensors that fail, I had one that began to mark 60 and give me alarms, until in the end it went out, but it was evident that it was wrong from the beginning.

Cristóbal Cortés's profile photo
Cristóbal Cortés
10/03/2021 2:14 p.m.

If you fail a sensor (exhausted sensor) in the 12 day of having activated it, do you claim it?

Anaisabel
10/14/2021 2:36 p.m.

anaisabel said:
If you fail a sensor (exhausted sensor) on the 12 day of having activated it, do you claim it?

It happened to me before, but it must last 14 days, so you are in your right to communicate it to Abbot.
Do not think about it

vanessa30
10/14/2021 2:40 p.m.

@Vanessa30, I have read your answer and I have called.They send me another sensor.They haven't put any paste :).Thank you.

Anaisabel
10/14/2021 4:08 p.m.

@Anaisabel, of course that 👏👏.
You're welcome 😊

vanessa30
10/14/2021 4:14 p.m.

Good morning.I have registered because I am having many problems with the sensors.They put them in November for the S.S.The first was put by the nurse and hard 3 h.Then I had several that lasted 14 days, but the last ones are all breaking.They last 2 or 3 days, the one that has lasted the most and then another 7 days.I have had to return 7 almost in a row.This morning I had failed one that had been 3 days.I put it on the instructions, I have spoken with them several times and they have remembered the process to place them, etc.They change them without problems, but the truth is that it is a roll to have to be changing them and calling without stopping and also the uncertainty of not knowing if it will last 14 days or will break.
Just in case I am going to wear patches on top of myself, as if they rub me when I put on and take off my clothes or sleep and the needle gets away ... maybe so it is solved.

Jose71's profile photo
Jose71
01/30/2022 6:26 a.m.

Well, I put them cane with clothes and it has only broken 1 at 8 days to wear it, but I have only used 6 in total, but well if you give them the SS it returns and give you more and ready, the patches vanWell in summer I believe with heat and sweat they take off and with the patch no

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
01/30/2022 10:47 p.m.

rogerix said:
Well I put them cane with clothes and only broken 1 at 8 days of carrying it, but I have only used 6 in total, but well if they give you theSS returns and give you more and voila, the patches are going well in summer I believe with heat and sweat they take off and with the patch not
>

I have seen a video on YouTube that explains how to do so that they always last 14 days ... that if to wash the area very well, the alcohol, let dry, shave the area, the patch, etc.Let's see if following these tips the subject improves.It also gives me the impression that there must be one or another defective ...

Jose71's profile photo
Jose71
01/31/2022 12:06 p.m.

@Jose71 Do you take off?
They usually fail a lot due to HW failures, but by accession few, it costs enough to take them off.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/31/2022 12:54 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

That goes, do not take off ... that's why we get so much that they fail

Jose71's profile photo
Jose71
01/31/2022 12:55 p.m.

It is what this system has.I have returned 5 in a month.What never before in 6 years

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/31/2022 1:31 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

What I am missing is that they do not have identified or do not know why this problem occurs.And if they know, why do they inform the health centers clearly saying if there is any defective lot, etc.It gives the impression that they know something but they don't want to say it ...

Jose71's profile photo
Jose71
01/31/2022 2:33 p.m.

I don't know if someone else is happening to him that many defective sensors come out who suddenly say they run out after one or two days of use.It gives the impression that there could be some defective lot.If so, the health centers or whoever should demand that Abbot identify said lot and stop distributing it (if it can be), because it totally gives the impression that they may know that there is a "bad" lot and do nothingIn this regard.I don't know what you think ...

Jose71's profile photo
Jose71
02/01/2022 7:10 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.